If We Win AFCON, Who Lifts Cup?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If We Win AFCON, Who Lifts Cup?

Post by wanaj0 »

anointed wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:19 am Ekong or Musa?

I've met Musa before, he's really a nice guy but, for me, it has to be Ekong for all the hard work and leadership on the field. He appears to have become the face of the team. In fact, I have a feeling, Musa will support Ekong to lift the trophy.

It doesn't bode well for Musa who hasn't played a single minute to lift a trophy he hasn't really put in an on-pitch effort for. This is why I think, on the alternative, if we are leading with just a minute left in added time, Musa should be subbed into the game so it can make sense for him to lift the cup.

Dat one go vex some peeps here sha but just playing out possible scenarios in my head.

Most important thing though is for the team to win the cup. Those Ivoriens are far better and more motivated than the ones we met first round
Musa the captain will lift it. I think something similar happened in 1994 :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm Abegi, make de team FIRST win the Cup.
Must we win before discussing who will lift the cup? :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:53 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm ..some people are putting the cart before the horse by making plans on how to chop before we are even certain that the trophy will be ours.
That's why we are Nigerians and a lot of neutrals are against us. The mouth ehn, as if we are playing Sao Tome or something :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...even Sao Tome, Lesotho dey surprise us.
Ivory Coast is the home team, wey go come in as minnow or na underdog dem dey call am.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The best thing Osimhen can do for Musa is to help us be 2 goals up so that Musa can come in and have a cameo and lift the cup.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:48 am Of course it has to be EKONG, why the heck should this even be a subject of discussion? Common now!!!
This isn’t about your feelings or what you want. The captain of the team always lifts the cup.. and Musa is the captain, not Ekong❗️

Cheers.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

I've met Musa before, he's really a nice guy but, for me, it has to be Ekong for all the hard work and leadership on the field. He appears to have become the face of the team. In fact, I have a feeling, Musa will support Ekong to lift the trophy.

It doesn't bode well for Musa who hasn't played a single minute to lift a trophy he hasn't really put in an on-pitch effort for. This is why I think, on the alternative, if we are leading with just a minute left in added time, Musa should be subbed into the game so it can make sense for him to lift the cup.

Dat one go vex some peeps here sha but just playing out possible scenarios in my head.

Most important thing though is for the team to win the cup. Those Ivoriens are far better and more motivated than the ones we met first round
:evil: :twisted:
Hmmm ... shouldn't we first worry about winning the cup first before thinking about the small does ?
I think Musa being the most senior on the team lift it as I even think that if SE have a comfortable lead towards the end of the game Peseiro might slide him in the game !!

First let's concentrate 100% on beating CIV ... BCOS it will be hell to play them in front of their home fans !! :???:
========================================================
Aaaaggghhh gaadammnn itt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Hmmm ... shouldn't we first worry about winning the cup first before thinking about the small does ? :blink:
I think Musa being the most senior and the captain at large of the team.. . lifts da CUP, as I even think that if SE have a comfortable lead towards the end of the game Peseiro might slide him in the game !! :thumbs:
BUT
First let's concentrate 100% on beating CIV ... BCOS it will be hell-ish playing them in front of their home fans esp. since they will have revenge all on their minds !! :drool:
Aaaaggghhh gaadammnn itt ... Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm Abegi, make de team FIRST win the Cup.
EII,

Wether they win or not, Musa is the captain of the SuperEagles and sentiments won’t change that🤔❗️

Cheers
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:09 am
anointed wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:04 am
Lolly wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:56 am Keshi - 1994
Yobo - 2013
But Ekong is dreaming of lifting the cup sha and I have a feeling those NFF buffs think differently

https://boldsportsng.com/troost-ekong-d ... h-nigeria/
It is what it is. If we win, Musa would be the one to lift the cup. He will be brought on in the 89th minute for that single purpose. Similar to what Keshi did with Yobo.
Keshi did not play one minute of that final and he lifted the cup. So Musa doesnt have to play.

Nigerian Mentality its Musa but if na European they will both lift it
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Gboye7777 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:57 am Shouldn't we just focus on winning? Who cares who lifts the cup? What if there is no cup to lift?
Thank you my brother. See me see trouble oh!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Neither of them cares. Musa is the captain until he retires. That's the way it works. Ekong speaks very highly of Musa, and from all indications he (Musa) has been very instrumental in the team's success so far. I suspect if we are leading comfortably towards the end of the game, Musa will be subbed in for the final minutes. I personally would like all 3 of them (Musa, Omeruo, and Ekong) on the pitch if that were to be the case.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

goke313 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:54 am You have been on the site for 19 years and still asking stupid questions smh
Wow! Is this necessary? Are there any 'stupid questions?' Just wondering
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 am Ekong won't mind a jot. Musa will lift it. That is the Nigerian way
'Nigerian way,' or the norm?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

kash n' karry wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:23 pm

Hmmm ... shouldn't we first worry about winning the cup first before thinking about the small does ?
I think Musa being the most senior on the team lift it as I even think that if SE have a comfortable lead towards the end of the game Peseiro might slide him in the game !!

First let's concentrate 100% on beating CIV ... BCOS it will be hell to play them in front of their home fans !! :???:
I suppose you can read.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Hmm, we have forgotten the Zambia Ivory Coast AFCON final that Zambia won on penalties despite CIV having World class players all over the park and missing a penalty in regulation time, hmm.