Siasia interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Siasia interview

Post by ohenhen1 »

Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Siasia interview

Post by waka-man »

Most talented Nigerian coach ever with the possible exception of Big Boss. The money stuff messed him up big time.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm
Ohenhen1,

Quite a lot to unpack with this lengthy post of an interview with Siasia but it is WORTH IT. There are so many nuggets. I feel that there were many softball moments especially the question pertaining to the scenario when he was charged by FIFA for negotiating with match fixers. He hit some real points there and points that I have shared myself on this topic. However, he did sanitize moments on the issue.

-- Beyond that, he really is quite direct on many matters and those may not endear him to several guys like Mikel Obi, particularly.
-- He notes, quite importantly, how hiring of local managers is often done last moments and yet the failure of those teams are hung around the neck of those managers. I recall pointing out in addition, the disparate wages paid to managers based on whether they are foreign or not. He reiterates that fact here.
-- He notes that he is still having legal struggles with the lawyer who represented him on the FIFA case because of his (Siasia) inability to pay up the attorney's claims and his view that they are excessive.
-- He notes that he still has a case with FIFA in Atlanta and that a date is fixed for the case in Atlanta which will focus on his claims for compensation from FIFA pertaining to the case.
-- He mentions Chinedu Ogbuke as the most gifted player he has coached. 8-) Dat one surprised me but the reality is that he has been with those players up close.
-- Then he cites the story about Sanni Kaita's stellar work at the Olympics.
-- Then the rubbish attitude of Haruna Lookman. We always suspected the same.

There are much more but it is full of some real good nuggets on the past.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm
Ohenhen1,

Quite a lot to unpack with this lengthy post of an interview with Siasia but it is WORTH IT. There are so many nuggets. I feel that there were many softball moments especially the question pertaining to the scenario when he was charged by FIFA for negotiating with match fixers. He hit some real points there and points that I have shared myself on this topic. However, he did sanitize moments on the issue.

-- Beyond that, he really is quite direct on many matters and those may not endear him to several guys like Mikel Obi, particularly.
-- He notes, quite importantly, how hiring of local managers is often done last moments and yet the failure of those teams are hung around the neck of those managers. I recall pointing out in addition, the disparate wages paid to managers based on whether they are foreign or not. He reiterates that fact here.
-- He notes that he is still having legal struggles with the lawyer who represented him on the FIFA case because of his (Siasia) inability to pay up the attorney's claims and his view that they are excessive.
-- He notes that he still has a case with FIFA in Atlanta and that a date is fixed for the case in Atlanta which will focus on his claims for compensation from FIFA pertaining to the case.
-- He mentions Chinedu Ogbuke as the most gifted player he has coached. 8-) Dat one surprised me but the reality is that he has been with those players up close.
-- Then he cites the story about Sanni Kaita's stellar work at the Olympics.
-- Then the rubbish attitude of Haruna Lookman. We always suspected the same.

There are much more but it is full of some real good nuggets on the past.
I agree, if anyone wants to understand the NFF and Nigeria football. Why Nigeria is a major under achiever they should watch the interview.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chinedu Ogbuke hmmm now that was a player - If only Injuries let am shine :( :(
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 am Chinedu Ogbuke hmmm now that was a player - If only Injuries let am shine :( :(
Apparently, Siasia ranks the guy very high. I just don't see it ooo. All I will state is that he was a good player but am not with Siasia's view of the guy.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s 2024 folks,Move on from $$$. He’s irrelevant to the future of SE,
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:52 am
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 am Chinedu Ogbuke hmmm now that was a player - If only Injuries let am shine :( :(
Apparently, Siasia ranks the guy very high. I just don't see it ooo. All I will state is that he was a good player but am not with Siasia's view of the guy.
He never really achieved his potential due to injuries unfortunately. He was a smooth baller with passing, speed and good aerial strength. But I have a feeling Siasia is looking at this through a rose-tinted lens.

Even in Siasia’s team, Ogbuke would sometimes rotate with Okoronkwo on the right wing.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

niyi wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 am
He never really achieved his potential due to injuries unfortunately. He was a smooth baller with passing, speed and good aerial strength. But I have a feeling Siasia is looking at this through a rose-tinted lens.

Even in Siasia’s team, Ogbuke would sometimes rotate with Okoronkwo on the right wing.
That dude was a certified baller like Ikechukwu Uche. Go watch some of his highlights for Schalke when he was healthy. Too bad his knees didn’t always cooperate.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is the player aka Obasi, right?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Wow I listened to the interview and knew Siasia was going to say Ogbuke when asked that question. That is from a real talent discoverer. Ogbuke is so immensely talented that if you know ball you see it easily. He was a generational talent that didn’t fulfill his true potential due to injury.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke never reached his full potentials because of injury. A certified baller.
He was once lured to play for Norway when he was playing for Lyn Oslo.

Siasia has an eye for unearthing talents. Nobody can take that away from him.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goalgetter wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am
Wow I listened to the interview and knew Siasia was going to say Ogbuke when asked that question. That is from a real talent discoverer. Ogbuke is so immensely talented that if you know ball you see it easily. He was a generational talent that didn’t fulfill his true potential due to injury.
If you search this forum, I once listed him as one of the most overhyped Naija ballers. I loved the guy at the U20 level but he did little beyond that.

BTW, I wonder what you guys think about how he, Siasia, spoke to Kaita before a game that led to a big win? It made me think back at how Kaita was seen in those days until that card at the World Cup under Lagerback.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

At a certain stage, I believe it was the 2008/9 season, Obasi was rated alongside Franck Ribery as the best player in the Bundesliga
I am happy
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Dammy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:02 am At a certain stage, I believe it was the 2008/9 season, Obasi was rated alongside Franck Ribery as the best player in the Bundesliga
[/quote

Obasi was Firminho’s strike/forward partner at TSG Hoffenheim. That guy is ridiculously talented but was hampered by bad injury. He was the most talented player in that Mikel Obi generation. Even Mikel bows to him. Go ask Mikel.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goalgetter wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:10 am
Dammy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:02 am At a certain stage, I believe it was the 2008/9 season, Obasi was rated alongside Franck Ribery as the best player in the Bundesliga
[/quote

Obasi was Firminho’s strike/forward partner at TSG Hoffenheim. That guy is ridiculously talented but was hampered by bad injury. He was the most talented player in that Mikel Obi generation. Even Mikel bows to him. Go ask Mikel.
Goalgetter

Sisia states as much. He claims that what we see Obasi do in actual games do not even come close to what he shows in training. Well, for me, I get it from his U20 level but not at SE level ooo.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:54 pm
[/quote

Goalgetter

Sisia states as much. He claims that what we see Obasi do in actual games do not even come close to what he shows in training. Well, for me, I get it from his U20 level but not at SE level ooo.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

[/quote

Dammy is right. He played alongside with Firminho. Hoffenheim was where he balled out. He played for schalke right after Hoffenheim. Both club’s jersey is blue which is why I forgot the latter.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Didn't Obasi miss the U20 final due to injury. ?

He was good when he was healthy. A good player that the coach admired highly. Every one has their favorites.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 pm Didn't Obasi miss the U20 final due to injury. ?

He was good when he was healthy. A good player that the coach admired highly. Every one has their favorites.
He was very good at U17, U20 and U23s, but injuries curtailed career at senior level but he was able to show flashes of what he was capable of in the Bundesliga.
Remember his goal against Egypt in AFCON 2010? That was a beauty!
He didn’t miss the U20 final and even scored our goal with a diving header against a Lionel Messi inspired Argentina in the 2-1 defeat
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 pm Didn't Obasi miss the U20 final due to injury. ?

He scored to equalize before we gave up another PK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 pm Most talented Nigerian coach ever with the possible exception of Big Boss. The money stuff messed him up big time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He has coached:

Nigeria U-20
Nigeria U-23
Nigeria
Durgapur FC
Heartland FC (?)
Nigeria
Nigeria U-23

How many trophies has he won?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i enjoyed the interview
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved