FINIDI PICKS 3 FOREIGN ASSISTANTS( 1 non Nigerian)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
Re: FINIDI PICKS 3 FOREIGN ASSISTANTS( 1 non Nigerian)

Post by OJI »

bushboy wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:44 pm
I didn't know there was a rule to where you "source" assistants from. It says a whole lot about Finidi that the most competent "friend" he has despite playing football in Europe for decades is an U-15 coach and an unemployed part time commentator. We are doomed!
Could that be the formula for his success at Enyimba? Only trust his judgement? Other 'assistants' are window dressers?
What informs Finidi's choices based on his experiences as a SuperEagles player, and assistant under Peserio? Did Peserio ever acknowledge/trust/use his inputs?

Is the Nigerian setup not conducive to a harmonized coaching staff? Westerhoff, Onigbinde, Keshi, now the (unproven) stories of Eguavoen/Amuneke WC 2022 saga.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 pm
ahidjo2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:00 pm
bushboy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:13 pm ^^
From coaching u-15 team to assistant coach of a national team? Only in Nigeria. I doubt we will be at the WC. A shame because it is happening where I live.
And to make matters worse, he was "calling" SE, green eagles, more than 30 years after that name was changed. That tells me how organized and detailed he is.

True it is underwhelming, but realistically, what are his options? We are not exactly teeming with young assistant coaches and technical staff allover the world, and our league, from where you would normally source this, is substandard.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the manager...

I look forward to seeing how he prosecutes this...

I didn't know there was a rule to where you "source" assistants from. It says a whole lot about Finidi that the most competent "friend" he has despite playing football in Europe for decades is an U-15 coach and an unemployed part time commentator. We are doomed!

True, there is no rule to where you get your assistants, but they have to be people that you are comfortable with and that share/complement his vision.

Like I said, it comes down to the manager. Everything else is secondary...We are neither doomed nor exultant because of a manager's assistants...

I look forward to seeing him work.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How did he source this guy? Did you know of him before the announcement?
From coaching u-15 team to assistant coach of a national team? Only in Nigeria. I doubt we will be at the WC. A shame because it is happening where I live.
And to make matters worse, he was "calling" SE, green eagles, more than 30 years after that name was changed. That tells me how organized and detailed he is.

True it is underwhelming, but realistically, what are his options? We are not exactly teeming with young assistant coaches and technical staff allover the world, and our league, from where you would normally source this, is substandard.

Last edited by 1naija on Thu May 16, 2024 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

txj wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:45 pm

True, there is no rule to where you get your assistants, but they have to be people that you are comfortable with and that share/complement his vision.

Like I said, it comes down to the manager. Everything else is secondary...We are neither doomed nor exultant because of a manager's assistants...

I look forward to seeing him work.

It's funny how you black panthers always find a rock of excuses to hide under whenever you're exposed. So, because there's no rule as to where the assistants comes from means that we can hire a u15 kids coach to be an assistant coach for the national team of the federal Republic of Nigeria? Seriously? Are u kidding me? We couldn't find a coach in the local league to rate so high that we have to go-to Germany to find a Sunday school coach? This is disturbing.

His working history is thinner than onku 1Naira's CV.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/benjamin-j ... iner/37461

This is your new assistant coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

U15 coach is a glorified babysitting job. His experience as an U15 coach adds zero value to the SE team.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is a man know man hire.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am not saying he shouldn't have been hired, afterall, we didn't know the experience or qualification of Peseiro's assistants. But no one should ever mention his coaching experience as why he is a good hire..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI PICKS 3 FOREIGN ASSISTANTS( 1 non Nigeri

1naija wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:03 am I am not saying he shouldn't have been hired, afterall, we didn't know the experience or qualification of Peseiro's assistants. But no one should ever mention his coaching experience as why he is a good hire..
You’re corrupt to the bone. Oni jibiti ni e.
:boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

1naija wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:03 am I am not saying he shouldn't have been hired, afterall, we didn't know the experience or qualification of Peseiro's assistants. But no one should ever mention his coaching experience as why he is a good hire..

GOOD POINT...you can just see people looking under every rock to disparage, starting with he doesn't understand substitutions to now the background of the assistants. When these people have a foreign coach they say to him, prove to me you CANNOT do this job; with a Nigerian, it's prove to me you CAN do the job.
Bell
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:13 am

Not sure what this endless hand wringing about assistants is about...

Yes they maybe underwhelming to you and I but the manager in his wisdom has determined that they are what he needs to be successful, being the person primarily responsible for the team's results.

I rather let him get on with it and judge him by the results.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yes they maybe underwhelming to you and I but the manager in his wisdom has determined that they are what he needs to be successful, being the person primarily responsible for the team's results.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:10 pm

That’s the problem with Nigeria. No standards, anything goes, he’s one of us and he may be able to do it. This is why we are one of the most unproductive societies humanity has ever seen. For goodness sakes stand for something! Have standards and require they be met. Raise requirements always!
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm

That’s the problem with Nigeria. No standards, anything goes, he’s one of us and he may be able to do it. This is why we are one of the most unproductive societies humanity has ever seen. For goodness sakes stand for something! Have standards and require they be met. Raise requirements always!

The target for objective measurement of standard is the coach. George Finidi.
If you think he's not good enough so be it, and say so. That is a legitimate point.

If he says Ohenhen and Bigporkey are his preferred assistants, why would the focus be on his choice rather than his results?
You are not making sense....

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm

Could you tell us the qualifications of Peseiro's white assistants?

Your darling lover, ****, had 3 foreign assistants, as well. Can you please provide us the qualifications of those foreigners?

Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?