“There was chaos” – Amokachi advised to support Finidi, avoid a repeat of Amunike-Eguavoen disaster

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: “There was chaos” – Amokachi advised to support Finidi, avoid a repeat of Amunike-Eguavoen disaster

Post by Damunk »

Babalawo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 am Speculations Speculations!!

I am yet to see one tangible evidence to prove Finidi didn’t want/request for Amokachi.

Let’s deal with facts and not feelings.

Finidi and Amokachi were teammates, we don’t know how close they were on & off the field. How do we know Amokachi did not Lobby Finidi to have him as one of his assistants and not a direct imposition by the NFF?
Kpom! :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “There was chaos” – Amokachi advised to support Finidi, avoid a repeat of Amunike-Eguavoen disaster

Post by aruako1 »

Babalawo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 am Speculations Speculations!!

I am yet to see one tangible evidence to prove Finidi didn’t want/request for Amokachi.

Let’s deal with facts and not feelings.

Finidi and Amokachi were teammates, we don’t know how close they were on & off the field. How do we know Amokachi did not Lobby Finidi to have him as one of his assistants and not a direct imposition by the NFF?
They love speculation here, especially when it tarnishes a person's character. Someone speculated about a team list here and the thread was shut down after about seven replies. Accuse a coach of criminality without any evidence and it can run forever. We have become a gossip site.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

The bull managed Nasarawa United!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

Damunk wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:14 am
ANC wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:08 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 pm Gotta admit, even though I am not a fan of Amuneke - the person - it seems someone is out to destroy him and his reputation. I wonder why
I really want SE to do well again. Finidi has a fantastic football mind. I am pumped about his era. Amokachi and co will get their turn…supporting finidi would be good for “local” coaches.
Amokachi has had more than enough chances to make his mark as a manager. He hasn’t excelled anywhere as far as I know. And he hasn’t humbled himself to the point of managing a local side like Finidi has.

He might be football royalty from his days as a player, but as a manager he’s a classical ‘journeyman’.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cmoke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:29 pm The bull managed Nasarawa United!

danfo driver wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 pm Gotta admit, even though I am not a fan of Amuneke - the person - it seems someone is out to destroy him and his reputation. I wonder why
I really want SE to do well again. Finidi has a fantastic football mind. I am pumped about his era. Amokachi and co will get their turn…supporting finidi would be good for “local” coaches.
Amokachi has had more than enough chances to make his mark as a manager. He hasn’t excelled anywhere as far as I know. And he hasn’t humbled himself to the point of managing a local side like Finidi has.

He might be football royalty from his days as a player, but as a manager he’s a classical ‘journeyman’.
Please don't let facts get in the way of a narrative abeg.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thanks.
I didn’t know that.
I thought he went from one of those obscure European teams straight back into punditry.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Haba,

I trust the good doctor. He not deliberately say otherwise, if he knew !

Cmoke :D :D .

aruako1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:04 pm

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

No wahala bro,

Unlike Gotti, some of us are too busy to know everything about Naija football!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D
Damunk wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:11 pm

Thanks.
I didn’t know that.
I thought he went from one of those obscure European teams straight back into punditry.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cmoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:15 am Haba,

I trust the good doctor. He not deliberately say otherwise, if he knew !

Cmoke :D :D .

aruako1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:04 pm

I wasn't referring to my good friend, Damunk.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti is rarely wrong on factual matters. I don’t know how he does it.
It’s usually personal opinions and interpretation of the facts that cause the disputes.

There is a reason I refer to him as ‘Encyclopedia Cybereaglica’. 8-)
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 am No wahala bro,

Thanks.
I didn’t know that.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bret- hart wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:05 am Why dont those dum dums just let Finidi pick his assistants? Why impose Amokachi on him???

Agreed.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bret- hart wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:05 am Why dont those dum dums just let Finidi pick his assistants? Why impose Amokachi on him???

Agreed.
A highly sought after coach, with options, will never accept that. The federation can appoint a person as a team Liaison but not foist an assistant on him
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Plenty here suspect that Gotti has to be jobless to have time to know and remember so much about Naija football!

Damunk wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:06 pm Gotti is rarely wrong on factual matters. I don’t know how he does it.
It’s usually personal opinions and interpretation of the facts that cause the disputes.

There is a reason I refer to him as ‘Encyclopedia Cybereaglica’. 8-)
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 am No wahala bro,

Thanks.
I didn’t know that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He has confirmed he chose his own assistants.
So let’s stop griping on that particular matter.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:18 am
He has confirmed he chose his own assistants.
So let’s stop griping on that particular matter.

Nah! How will they let us know that they have "exclusive access" to "NFF bigwigs" who can tell them what is going on behind the scenes?