Name your SA/Benin squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Name your SA/Benin squad

Post by Dammy »

pindal123 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:22 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:12 pm It is the 17th. ScoreNigeria is reporting the list will be released soon. Camp starts on May 28.

My prediction of the 25 man list
GK- Nwabili, Uzoho, Ojo
DF- Aina, Onyemachi, Awazien, Ekong, Ajayi, Osayi, Collins, Bassey, Omeruo
MF- Iwobi, Onyedika, Yusuf, Ndidi, Onyeka, Izuogu

FW- Osimhen, Boniface, Iheanacho, Moffi, Lookman, Tella, Chukwuze
This squad is much worse than the rumored one, which included Okonkwo, Adarabioyo, Okoli, Osho and Njinmah.
It seems that after Rohr’s era we aren’t anymore able to convince players with dual nationality to play for us!
We have had Werder Bremen’s left-back, Felix Agu and Udinese right-back, Kingsley Ehibizue, declare publicly their intentions to play for Nigeria but I don’t think there’s been any follow up from the NFF as the emphasis now seems to be on home based players
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finid doesn't have time to invite a lot of new players. I personally willl just stick with the team he invited for the last two friendlies plus Boniface, Osimhen and Ekong. He simply doesn't have the time to incorporate a lot of new players. It would be highly unprofessional.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Dammy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:29 pm
We have had Werder Bremen’s left-back, Felix Agu and Udinese right-back, Kingsley Ehibizue, declare publicly their intentions to play for Nigeria but I don’t think there’s been any follow up from the NFF as the emphasis now seems to be on home based players
I had forgotten Ehizibue, he is a very good player.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We do need fullbacks.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:57 pm
So what do you put your effort into besides arguing on CE? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:34 pm For me, Finidi's claim that Nigeria should always be on the front foot, based on its attacking talent, will be tested. He appears to have loads of Nigerians who support him on that analysis. But he needs to be reminded that Peseiro started his job believing the same until some poor results forced him to change that approach and the change led to an AFCON final. Before Peseito, Rohr largely played on the backfoot and accomplished some good results.

Finidi’s claims that Nigeria should play on the front foot shall be challenged. Make no mistake about it. Although, Finidi (if we go by his two exhibitions] has interpreted the frontfoot slightly differently based on personnel. He has used defensive players out wide instead of offensive players. I believe he is doing this to create greater balance, atleast when Nigeria does not have the ball.

The above will surely be tested in the coming months.
Pisero started with that, Egu fell on the front foot thing.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Players that maybe out
Onyeka
Sanusi
Simon Moses

Chukwuze

Players that are coming back from injury
Osimhen
Ekong

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Surprised they are yet to name the squad
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:07 am Surprised they are yet to name the squad
Normal normal in Nigeria. There is much horse-trading going on as the parties (coaches, agents, NFF) try to reach an agreement on who is in and who is out.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Agents are lobbying for their clients like on CE. That is why it is taking longer than usual to name the squad. It is not about Nigeria. It is about their selfish interests.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:11 am Agents are lobbying for their clients like on CE. That is why it is taking longer than usual to name the squad. It is not about Nigeria. It is about their selfish interests.
So you’re finally admitting that Finidi is not the only one that selects players. Hmmmm….Wendi’s have that problem with Pesseiro and Rohr. They’ve already sold 4 slots to the so called agents but corrupt fans like you look the other way as long as it’s not Oyibo selling SE invitations
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:36 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:11 am Agents are lobbying for their clients like on CE. That is why it is taking longer than usual to name the squad. It is not about Nigeria. It is about their selfish interests.
So you’re finally admitting that Finidi is not the only one that selects players. Hmmmm….Wendi’s have that problem with Pesseiro and Rohr. They’ve already sold 4 slots to the so called agents but corrupt fans like you look the other way as long as it’s not Oyibo selling SE invitations
No Nigerian coach has been fully in charge of team selection. They submit a provisional list and the NfF work through the list with the coach.