Probable starting 11 against SA and Benin

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Probable starting 11 against SA and Benin

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Findi sticks with the 352 formation. I would like to see if Tella can be converted to a wing back. The guy crossing is good. And he has the pace to give defenders problems.

-------------------------------------------------Nwabili---------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Ajayi---------------------Ekong--------------------------------Bassey--------------------------

-------Tella---------------Onyeka-----------------Ndidi----------------------Iwobi----------------Aina---------

-------------------------------Boniface or Lookman--------------------Osimhen-------------------------------
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pindal123
Egg
Egg
Re: Probable starting 11 against SA and Benin

Post by pindal123 »

Aina, left wing back?😂
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:00 pm Aina, left wing back?😂
Have you watched him play for his club Nottingham forest?

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ekong has not played since the AFCON final and is highly unlikely to play again this season for his club as they need a draw away from home to win the Greek championship in the final match. I doubt if they will risk him for a match of that magnitude even though he’s fit again.
I’m not sure Ekong should be starting against South Africa in such an important match with his lack of match fitness.
Also, Ajayi has been a bit part player for WBA and starting him and Ekong could be detrimental despite their good understanding.
I watched Akpoguma today against Bayern Munich, and he was outstanding in Hoffenheim’s 4-2 victory. I believe he should be recalled as he’s in good form, experienced and match fit instead of error prone Chidozie Awaziem, who’s on the bench for Boavista today.
I hope Osimhen and Chukwueze can shake off their injuries before the matches because we need to capitalise on their recent good form.
This also applies to Raphael Onyedika, who’s in very good form and Finidi should find space for him in the team.
The likes of Boniface should start from the bench as he’s still trying to attain full match fitness after a lengthy lay-off. Also Onyeka can come off the bench to help close down the match.
The team should play a 4-3-3 formation
1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ekong is back in training and will be part of he squad. Even if he is not fit. Akpoguma is not ahead of Omeruo or Awaziem or Ajayi in the team. Chukwuze has an hamstring injury. Iheanacho is probably ahed of Chukwuze in the team. There are reports that a home based player is on stand by incase Chukwuze can't go.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

SA will be parking the an ultra modern bus no matter what they say, it’s a proven fact that we struggle mightily trying to break down defenses no matter how many striker we start. Even if all our attacking players are available, we still struggle to create and finish. We’ll have to score an early goal by all means. 0-0 going to HT will put tremendous pressure on the team.

Nwabali

Aina——-Ajayi ———-Bassey———Bruno

Onyeka———-Ndidi

Iwobi

Nacho ——-Vic—————-Lookman
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Just need the three points. I do expect SA to soak up the pressure and try to hit us in the counter and with long balls over the defense line. Basically the same game plan they used at Afcon. Niggeria need to ne compact in defense. Play press to win the ball back quickly and finish the chances. Osimhen can't afford to miss chances. We need to control the game with the passing. The crowd in Uyo got to help the team.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:21 pm Just need the three points. I do expect SA to soak up the pressure and try to hit us in the counter and with long balls over the defense line. Basically the same game plan they used at Afcon. Niggeria need to ne compact in defense. Play press to win the ball back quickly and finish the chances. Osimhen can't afford to miss chances. We need to control the game with the passing. The crowd in Uyo got to help the team.
Easy to type it than to do it. Our mf is mostly physical not skillful. We have a problem playing out of the back and keeping possession in mf. Make the pitch as big as possible and use the wings effectively while holding the mf. Broos is not a dummy.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat May 18, 2024 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Aina can play on either wing. He's solid as a LWB

:
pindal123 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:00 pm Aina, left wing back?😂
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bros, is it a different Akpoguma you keep hyping or the same that has underwhelmed every time he has featured for the SE?

I agree Awaziem and Omeruo be retired.
Dammy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 pm Ekong has not played since the AFCON final and is highly unlikely to play again this season for his club as they need a draw away from home to win the Greek championship in the final match. I doubt if they will risk him for a match of that magnitude even though he’s fit again.
I’m not sure Ekong should be starting against South Africa in such an important match with his lack of match fitness.
Also, Ajayi has been a bit part player for WBA and starting him and Ekong could be detrimental despite their good understanding.
I watched Akpoguma today against Bayern Munich, and he was outstanding in Hoffenheim’s 4-2 victory. I believe he should be recalled as he’s in good form, experienced and match fit instead of error prone Chidozie Awaziem, who’s on the bench for Boavista today.
I hope Osimhen and Chukwueze can shake off their injuries before the matches because we need to capitalise on their recent good form.
This also applies to Raphael Onyedika, who’s in very good form and Finidi should find space for him in the team.
The likes of Boniface should start from the bench as he’s still trying to attain full match fitness after a lengthy lay-off. Also Onyeka can come off the bench to help close down the match.
1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 am Bros, is it a different Akpoguma you keep hyping or the same that has underwhelmed every time he has featured for the SE?

Dammy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 pm Ekong has not played since the AFCON final and is highly unlikely to play again this season for his club as they need a draw away from home to win the Greek championship in the final match. I doubt if they will risk him for a match of that magnitude even though he’s fit again.
1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen t :scared:
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman

Why? Ngolo Kante is in Saudi and still going to Eurom24 with France. Why should Omeruo retire when he’s one of the best and most consistent SE defenders at club level? Abeg stop tying rubbish joor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 am Bros, is it a different Akpoguma you keep hyping or the same that has underwhelmed every time he has featured for the SE?

1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman
Big Bros, na de same Akpoguma o! There’s a player there that has just not replicated his club form for the SE. We persevered with the likes of Lookman and Bassey and we are now seeing the best of them. I watched him against Bayern Munich yesterday and had a call from a forum member who also watched the match asking why he’s not in the SE.
It’s too early to discard him and I know there are those who just don’t like him because he’s foreign born and plays in a TOP 5 LEAGUE. It’s not like we are overflowing with talents in central defence and I believe we should keep him in the loop, he will eventually come good.
We have had Awaziem in the SE for close to 8 years and he has not been able to hold down a starting spot and is still error prone. Its time to give someone else a chance
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We should also watch their AFCON games against Mali and DRC. They were absolutely dominated in those games
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:54 am

1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman
Big Bros, na de same Akpoguma o! There’s a player there that has just not replicated his club form for the SE. We persevered with the likes of Lookman and Bassey and we are now seeing the best of them. I watched him against Bayern Munich yesterday and had a call from a forum member who also watched the match asking why he’s not in the SE.
It’s too early to discard him and I know there are those who just don’t like him because he’s foreign born and plays in a TOP 5 LEAGUE. It’s not like we are overflowing with talents in central defence and I believe we should keep him in the loop, he will eventually come good.
We have had Awaziem in the SE for close to 8 years and he has not been able to hold down a starting spot and is still error prone. Its time to give someone else a chance
Agreed. He will come good with the SE.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:54 am

1 Nwabali
2. Aina
3. Bruno
4. Onyedika
5. Akpoguma
6. Bassey
7. Chukwueze
8. Ndidi
9. Osimhen
10. Iwobi
11. Lookman
The Akpoguma I have seen in the GWG is not it. He always looked uninterested and weak. I can’t trust him to start in such a crucial match. They can bring him back for the next set of friendlies and give him 90 minutes to prove himself.

I would actually bring Ogbu and Ndah in before
Akpoguma.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."