For love of Okocha, •Bolton plan new deal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
For love of Okocha, •Bolton plan new deal

Post by VINDAVE »

For love of Okocha

•Bolton plan new deal

BOLTON chairman Phil Gartside believes the Trotters now have the financial muscle to resist any bids for Nigerian playmaker Austin Jay-Jay Okocha.

Businessman Eddie Davies, based in the Isle of Man, has injected a further £2.25m into his hometown club.

That has boosted his shareholding in the parent company, Burnden Leisure Plc, from 29.7 to 94.5 per cent effectively making him the new owner.

There were fears if the proposal had been voted down by shareholders at the annual meeting, Bolton could have been forced to sell players - including influential captain Okocha - next month.

Instead, Gartside says they are now in a position to offer him a new contract when his current deal ends in the summer.

"We are not looking to sell anyone," he said "That has been our position all along.

"What has happened now makes it easier to turn people away who come in with an offer.

"We are looking to secure Jay-Jay’s services for a longer period. I’m confident we can do that".
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Okocha would rather come to South of England.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Okocha would rather come to South of England.
Please name that club Mr Larry...
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I am of the firm belief that it is better foe JJ and his career if he stays at Bolton. He is a hero there, has taken them to the verge of Europe, they have improved beyond measure while he was thee and he is constantly been raved there.

If he moved anywhere else in England, I think the expectation levels will be way too high, and the way the fickle fans and press operate here, it will not bee too long before he turns from hero to villan.
To stop trying is to start dying
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Shownoja wrote:I am of the firm belief that it is better foe JJ and his career if he stays at Bolton. He is a hero there, has taken them to the verge of Europe, they have improved beyond measure while he was thee and he is constantly been raved there.

If he moved anywhere else in England, I think the expectation levels will be way too high, and the way the fickle fans and press operate here, it will not bee too long before he turns from hero to villan.

I agree with you perfectly, I think he should just stay put at Bolton for now.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Egunje wrote:
Shownoja wrote:I am of the firm belief that it is better foe JJ and his career if he stays at Bolton. He is a hero there, has taken them to the verge of Europe, they have improved beyond measure while he was thee and he is constantly been raved there.

I agree with you perfectly, I think he should just stay put at Bolton for now.
IF YOU A CONTENTED WITH THE PRESENT, YOU WON'T GET TO THE FUTURE.
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Okocha should not leave certainty for uncertainty,a bird in hand they say... :!:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
JJ's call

Post by tolahs »

Larry's on the ball on this - JJ needs & wants to be with a bigger club preferably southwards.
Shownoja please lets keep it real - Europe's out of the question for Bolton - making the top 10 will be a landmark for them. The chairman told Talksport that they still owed £38 million but signing JJ will be fillip 'cos he puts "bums on seats". When do you rest him? He looked jaded against Liverpool.
But JJ's played most games even Carlton cup type games. A bigger club will keep him out of those plus other stars will share the load.
You need to ask yourself why he hasn't signed knowing his contract is up in the summer?
Why in the preseason did he express an interest in playing for ManU?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

All this 'JJ should stay put at Bolton' talk is a load of pure BOLLLOCKS.

This guy should round up his career at the very top of the world club game, where he TRULY BELONGS.

This guy must not retire till he features in at least TWO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CAMPAIGNS WITH A MAJOR CLUB.

Jay Jay Okocha remaining at Bolton is A GREAT DISSERVICE TO WORLD SOCCER. AND A GREAT INJUSTICE TO WORLD SOCCER FANS. SIMPLE.

JJ IS JUST TOO GOOD FOR THAT CLUB, IN FACT, SO GOOD THEY NAMED HIM TWICE...
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Jay-jay better leave that kick and follow team...imaging campo playing in midfield of this bolton team???
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
SITH
Egg
Egg

Post by SITH »

tHE ONLY OTHER tEAM JJ can play for, play CL games and start on the right is Man U so either oga stays in Bolton or come to where Dreams are made !!!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

The same also applies to Youri Djorkaeff and Ivan Campo... Even so, we can throw in Ibrahim Ba for jara or Mario Jardel. The bottomline is that until someone puts money on the table, Oga should stay put, as in P-U-T.
Dujon
Egg
Egg

Post by Dujon »

There is no doubt in my mind that, should Bolton be able to afford his wages, that's where he should stay.

At the moment he is a big fish in a small pond - although it's a pond which, partly due to his contributions, is growing.

In view of his 'on again', 'off again' form I suspect that in a 'bigger' club - i.e. the top three - he could well be bench warming for a while. If Bolton had gained a goal for every time the man hit the woodwork they'd be well and truly entrenched in the top six! 'Tis true. Would Man Utd., Arsenal or Chelsea accept that? I doubt it.

Now, don't get me wrong here - Okocha is a very, very good player and is the reason I joined this forum (thank you for allowing that.)

So, I guess I'm somewhat biassed. Having followed the Trotters/Whites for some 50-years I figure I'm entitled to the odd opinion, even though you might think my opinions somewhat odd. :roll:

Cheers, all.
<b>Heads I win
Tails you lose</b>
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Dujon,

Welcome on board.

Okocha has found the perfect club that understands him and he understands the love and affection shown by the Bolton fans and probabaly will not find a better club for the rest of his career.

I agree with most of your points.

Good players are hard to come bye.

Harry Redknapp is looking for a striker to sign that will give him 10 goals till the end of the season and he was lamenting SKY TV today about how difficult it is to find the right player.

Harry is considering either to get soembody from a lower league or sign a foreign import and his biggest concern is that the player could too long to settle and time is something he does not have on his side.
Dujon
Egg
Egg

Post by Dujon »

Larry Ashagbe,

I thank you for your welcome, kind sir/madam.

Whilst I reside well south of the equator I do talk frequently to Bolton supporters. Love him! I reckon half of them would smother him. He seems to have fitted, not only into the team, but into the hearts of all the fans - given Bolton's history with 'imports' that is no mean feat, believe you me.

Come through the cup series in one piece, please, Jay-Jay, we're going to need you fit and 'on song' for the last few games. :?
<b>Heads I win
Tails you lose</b>
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

OLd news again from Vindave , u all see what am talking about. This same post have been posted b4.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Larry, Can you e-mail Rednapp and tell him that he is a dumb a$$ for selecting the wrong Nigerian striker. If he had invested in Aghahowa insted of Yeyegbeni then he would be in a different spot right now
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
eislike
Egg
Egg

Post by eislike »

for my selfish reasons, i want to see jay jay so good they named him twice @ a big time club..so i can smile when i see little white kids wearing his shirts,and when the commentators, during a big time game tell the people were he is from.. "jay jay the nigeria toys with the ball and makes defenders looks like a fish out of water."
God is good