CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonline)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

RT u have missed the point .. show an example of anoda coach insultin his fellow coach in the manner SSS has done .. SSS shud do well to remember he is still learning!!

Everybody makes mistakes and learns from them .. SSS's mouth will land him in trouble and then he shall discover the cost of such statements ..

NO WORLD CLASS COACH GOES ON PAPER AND INSULTS ANODA COACH!!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

I always asked that Chukwu should be given a chance.

But after seeing what Eguavon has done, & Siasia himself & also Keshi, its clear CCC underachieved.

But the blame is on NFA because if we are serious about going to the WC, they must put the best coach in charge.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

omotori wrote:I always asked that Chukwu should be given a chance.

But after seeing what Eguavon has done, & Siasia himself & also Keshi, its clear CCC underachieved.

But the blame is on NFA because if we are serious about going to the WC, they must put the best coach in charge.
I agree with you. The blame is big enough to go round.
If we had a good NFA, we would have still qualified even if the coach is Chukwu. We still don't know the reason why the better candidate in an interview was overlooked and made assistant instead. If we had a good coach, we would have still qualified inspite the disorganization of the NFA and the irresponsibility of the captain. Siasia and Egu have proved that. Lastly, if we had a responsible captain in Okocha, despite the incompetence of the NFA and the cluelessness of the coach, we would have still qualified. Incompetence breed incompetence. Incompetent NFA are bound to employ an incompetent coach even if a good coach hits them. Incompetent coach will surely select an incompetent captain.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

Toxicarrow wrote:Look at this site and see some examples of "uncles" disgusing as "small boys" : viewtopic.php?t=47800
Toxic, for real you'll have to come out and say exactly what it is you've against Siasia.
Other than taking a team not given any chance to go far to an African championship and almost repeating the same feat at the world stage against all odds I might add.
I've noticed you grab any chance to put him down.

You've said Chinwo has multiple passports, since when did Siasia become an immigration agent. Besides didn't Chinwo play on the U17 WYC team in T&T?

NEDI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao wrote: ol boi .. wut is SSS implyin in the paper ..
That Chukwu is daft duh!

If you can't see that then you and Chukwu probably sucked from the same nipple.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

theYemster wrote:
That Chukwu is daft duh!

That CCC lack common sense! And he is not a coach!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonlin

Post by ugly boy »

obong itatex wrote:Super Eagles assistant coach and World Youth Championship(WYC) Holland 2005 silver-medal winning coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia, has come out openly to castigate ex-Eagles coach Christian Chukwu describing him as a mere figure- head in his time as the team’s coach.
Christain Chukwu was appointed Super Eagles coach in 2002 and was suspended by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) in June 2005 after the Eagles disappointing 1-1 draw with Angola in Kano, a result that put the nation’s World Cup qualifying hopes in jeopardy.

Austin Eguavoen, his assistant then, was promoted to chief coach and he appointed Samson Siaisia after his WYC feat alongside Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu as his assistants.

The Super Eagles failed to make the World Cup final losing out to Angola on the head-to-head rule and Siasia has come down hard on Chukwu.

Siasia told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM:

“Well, I think a coach who knows his worth should not be pushed around.

“Chukwu was to me a mere figure-head in his time as chief coach.

“If not, he should not have allowed anybody, be it in the NFA or the Sports Ministry, to push him around.

“If Chukwu knows his worth as a coach, he wouldn’t have allowed anybody take the Eagles game against Angola to Kano.

“To me the man (Chukwu) was not in charge and in tune with the team, and was just a mere figure-head while there as coach.

“I mean, the same team that found it difficult scoring in matches suddenly scored 16 goals in four games when I, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Shorounmu and coach Adisa took charge of the team.

“It’s really sad, but to me that’s the way it is and there is nothing we can do about it,” Siasia said.

BY LEKAN IDOWU
Siasia nuff respect for speaking the truth..in fact the only thing i doubt is that CCC doesn't know his worth ..I think he does and he knows he's worthless thats why he gets pushed around
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

theYemster wrote:
That Chukwu is daft duh!

Yemster I am not gonna drag this thread in anoda direction but do u think it is right for Siasia to imply such?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao wrote: Yemster I am not gonna drag this thread in anoda direction but do u think it is right for Siasia to imply such?
Hell, I think he should have been more direct!

But that's just me.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonlin

Post by Sir V »

ugly boy wrote:
obong itatex wrote:Super Eagles assistant coach and World Youth Championship(WYC) Holland 2005 silver-medal winning coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia, has come out openly to castigate ex-Eagles coach Christian Chukwu describing him as a mere figure- head in his time as the team’s coach.
Christain Chukwu was appointed Super Eagles coach in 2002 and was suspended by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) in June 2005 after the Eagles disappointing 1-1 draw with Angola in Kano, a result that put the nation’s World Cup qualifying hopes in jeopardy.

Austin Eguavoen, his assistant then, was promoted to chief coach and he appointed Samson Siaisia after his WYC feat alongside Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu as his assistants.

The Super Eagles failed to make the World Cup final losing out to Angola on the head-to-head rule and Siasia has come down hard on Chukwu.

Siasia told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM:

“Well, I think a coach who knows his worth should not be pushed around.

“Chukwu was to me a mere figure-head in his time as chief coach.

If not, he should not have allowed anybody, be it in the NFA or the Sports Ministry, to push him around.“If Chukwu knows his worth as a coach, he wouldn’t have allowed anybody take the Eagles game against Angola to Kano.

“To me the man (Chukwu) was not in charge and in tune with the team, and was just a mere figure-head while there as coach.

“I mean, the same team that found it difficult scoring in matches suddenly scored 16 goals in four games when I, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Shorounmu and coach Adisa took charge of the team.

“It’s really sad, but to me that’s the way it is and there is nothing we can do about it,” Siasia said.

BY LEKAN IDOWU
Siasia nuff respect for speaking the truth..in fact the only thing i doubt is that CCC doesn't know his worth ..I think he does and he knows he's worthless thats why he gets pushed around
Na Chukwu put imself for this kin rubish. Next time he will learn not to be pushed around.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Naijaroo
Egg
Egg

Post by Naijaroo »

Facts are simple....................... Siasia is not your average John Doe when it comes to football. He has a vast amount of experience and exposure to the game on an international level. I was fortunate to meet him briefly In Australia when he played for Perth Glory. He filled us with pride watching his display of dazzling football.

Even though he eventually left Australia. One thing clear about Siasia is that his been there and don that....on an international level. I believe his international exposure has enriched him and he definitely has a lot to offer Naija.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Based on your reactions to SS's comments, we should all just keep quiet and pretend as if CCC was the best thing to have happened to Nigerian footie!!!!
chopeski
Egg
Egg

Post by chopeski »

E tire me too!

Sia Sia is saying the truth but that seem to bug the hell of some people here.

Talk IT wrote:Toxicarrow,
What has Siasia said that is bugging you or isn't he saying the truth? According to your logic, sincere truth like this that should be spoken in the open should never be said. Instead of dealing with the issues in the article you start casting aspersions on his character. Siasia is correct and its about time we have bold players and ex players who can come out and say the truth about our football without fearing losing favour from the nfa.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

chopeski wrote:E tire me too!

Sia Sia is saying the truth but that seem to bug the hell of some people here.

Talk IT wrote:Toxicarrow,
What has Siasia said that is bugging you or isn't he saying the truth? According to your logic, sincere truth like this that should be spoken in the open should never be said. Instead of dealing with the issues in the article you start casting aspersions on his character. Siasia is correct and its about time we have bold players and ex players who can come out and say the truth about our football without fearing losing favour from the nfa.
The guy was a mere figure head and that is a fact. He was pushed around by players and administrators alike.

SIasia stood his ground to both players and administrators and he knows what he is talking about.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I think Toxicarrow and Cristao are close relatives of Mr. Chukwu. Else, how could they have taken so gravely the express opinion of someone "who took over Chukwu's job to fume with such rage? Sisia said Chukwu let himself "to be pushed around" by the NFA. We all new that; and know also that the lists player that kept changing after they were made was not from Chukwu. So, a coach must not speak his mind to save his "reputation"? or respect from remote fans? What has the ages of other players who played for Sisia got to do with the issue at hand? Sisia is not their parents? But what am I saying: this is the world of today where people can look at an egg and know which that will hatch into a hen or a rooster.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Igugu wrote:I think Toxicarrow and Cristao are close relatives of Mr. Chukwu. Else, how could they have taken so gravely the express opinion of someone "who took over Chukwu's job to fume with such rage? Sisia said Chukwu let himself "to be pushed around" by the NFA. We all new that; and know also that the lists player that kept changing after they were made was not from Chukwu. So, a coach must not speak his mind to save his "reputation"? or respect from remote fans? What has the ages of other players who played for Sisia got to do with the issue at hand? Sisia is not their parents? But what am I saying: this is the world of today where people can look at an egg and know which that will hatch into a hen or a rooster.
When Siasia complaining about issues regarding his team. They labelled him as a noise maker expecting his failure. Two tournament:one gold one silver. Before Ayo comes and say na u 21 competiton. Okay give CCC the U 21 and lets see what would happen.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Hard Man wrote:This is why I love Nigerians ... who else but a Nigerian would come up with the phrase "fumbling and wobbling" to describe a coach>

Truth be told, Amu was a fumbler and wobbler from the start. If you looked at his U-17 '93 team, there was the slightest hint of "fumble wobble" but the sheer force of Kanu and Oruma held them steady.
Toxicarrow wrote:If care is not taken, Siasia will become "fumbling and wobbling" coach like Fanny Amu. It was the same way Amu was running his mouth after 1993 Junior WC ..only for him to become "wobbling and fumbling" coach less than 18 months after in the maiden edition of AYC
True word Hardman. Why are you surprised at Siasia's alledged statement. If you had a clue about the goings on during CCC's tenure, you will know it is all true.

A prominent NFA member told a story of how CCC disappears after games and remains completely incommunicado till the next game. We are told CCC was not in touch with anything to do with the SE till the next game. Not even players or his bosses in the NFA. Even NFA officials could not get him on the 'phone and had to go through family members to get a hold of him.

Hardman, if you are privy to some stories of CCC duing his tenure as Coach, you will know Siasia's allegded remarks are 100% correct.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Someone shud show me an instance where a manager has insulted the managerial methods of his predecessor .. if it was Oni that said this he would be insulted to high heavens yet cos it is SSS who can seemingly do no wrong it is right ..

maifrens two wrongs dont make a right .. there is an unwritten code in football .. u simply do not insult who was in your position before ..

Igugu CCC is my relative .. yes we are both Nigerians .. he is from Enugu and I am from Idanre .. thanks for showin the levels to which mind is prepared to narrow .. I dont support any manager based on tribe .. and I will not stop at giving my view on this matter .. It doesnt matter if CCC is truly wut SSS has said. For SSS has done is wrong!!! It is no matter of courage to go after CCC. What does it gain SSS? especially a man who it seems is not 100% clean ..

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh ..
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

fabio wrote:
Igugu wrote:I think Toxicarrow and Cristao are close relatives of Mr. Chukwu. Else, how could they have taken so gravely the express opinion of someone "who took over Chukwu's job to fume with such rage? Sisia said Chukwu let himself "to be pushed around" by the NFA. We all new that; and know also that the lists player that kept changing after they were made was not from Chukwu. So, a coach must not speak his mind to save his "reputation"? or respect from remote fans? What has the ages of other players who played for Sisia got to do with the issue at hand? Sisia is not their parents? But what am I saying: this is the world of today where people can look at an egg and know which that will hatch into a hen or a rooster.
When Siasia complaining about issues regarding his team. They labelled him as a noise maker expecting his failure. Two tournament:one gold one silver. Before Ayo comes and say na u 21 competiton. Okay give CCC the U 21 and lets see what would happen.
Now someone is here making false statements .. go and find where i have criticised SSS on his handling of that matter .. do not start this false lil truths ..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Toxicarrow wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:If care is not taken, Siasia will become "fumbling and wobbling" coach like Fanny Amu. It was the same way Amu was running his mouth after 1993 Junior WC ..only for him to become "wobbling and fumbling" coach less than 18 months after in the maiden edition of AYC

A confident coach that knows his worth can speak his mind. SiaSia is a proven winner the last two age tournaments are evidence of his leadership qualities.
The achievement of Siasia is not any where better than what the likes of Chris Udemezue, Paul Hamilton and Tunde Disu achieved with the Flying Eagles. At this stage, Siasia is not 'a genius' as many of you and media made him to be.

It is also a well-known fact that quite a number of the players that he took to the WC are several years older than their 'official age' in the tournament.
Toxic, this has nothing to do with Siasia perceived abilities as a Coach, this is about knowing your worth and being a man standing up for your position and principles. All Coaches who know their worth do not make compromises on principle be it football or otherwise. You always know where you stood with your Coach and he is a man who was respected and in some cases feared.

CCC weakness is one of the reasons why we are not in the WC today. He was pushed around by all and sundry at the NFA. In no uncertain terms, he was told you are not good enough (open attempts to recruit a Coach) we will find a replacement. He was undermined at any given opportunity, yet he was there taking all sorts of insults.

I have been with a player and CCC called, you should have seen the way the player dismissed the call. I have been with an Arsenal player when Wenger called, the player's response was something to behold. I witnessed this myself and I gotta say Siasia's alledged comments are on the mark.

Surely any Coach worth his salt with an iota of principle will walk out than take such rubbish. Siasia is not just talking, he showed us all he was a man not to be messed with and he earned his right and respect. If Siasia allowed himself to be pushed around by airheads like Laloko who treated him like a little boy when he first became coach, do you think he would have achieved what he has today? For me, he would have been fired long ago having being a failure. CCC had no principles, consequently, he got no respect from all and sundry and was a spectacular failure.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao wrote:RT u have missed the point .. show an example of anoda coach insultin his fellow coach in the manner SSS has done .. SSS shud do well to remember he is still learning!!

Everybody makes mistakes and learns from them .. SSS's mouth will land him in trouble and then he shall discover the cost of such statements ..

Cruyff did and has done for years. Cruyff is outspoken and he has lambasted Coaches publicly for years. Siasia has not done anything new, it happens all the time. Instead of going behind CCC's back and gossiping Siasia is man enough to say what he felt was wrong publicly. I commend him for this because I feel this time there must be an exception because it is necessary. It is necessary because we have failed in a stated objective and CCC was the main reason for this failure. It is only right we look at what went wrong and try to avoid such mistakes in future.

Cristao please do me a favour and focus on the issue at hand. I know the truth is bitter but sometimes it needs to be said. Siasia has not insulted CCC, he has merely highlighted what he saw as a major problem during his tenure.

I noticed you have not disagreed with Samson but you are just not happy he told the truth. Cristao, you gotta know this as a Christian, the truth and only the truth can set you free. God bless Siasia for telling the truth and highlighting a major problem and hopefully, futures Coaches will have the guts to stand up for what they believe in and not get pushed around by anyone.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Cristao wrote:Someone shud show me an instance where a manager has insulted the managerial methods of his predecessor .. if it was Oni that said this he would be insulted to high heavens yet cos it is SSS who can seemingly do no wrong it is right ..

maifrens two wrongs dont make a right .. there is an unwritten code in football .. u simply do not insult who was in your position before ..

Igugu CCC is my relative .. yes we are both Nigerians .. he is from Enugu and I am from Idanre .. thanks for showin the levels to which mind is prepared to narrow .. I dont support any manager based on tribe .. and I will not stop at giving my view on this matter .. It doesnt matter if CCC is truly wut SSS has said. For SSS has done is wrong!!! It is no matter of courage to go after CCC. What does it gain SSS? especially a man who it seems is not 100% clean ..

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh ..
Cristao you're from Idanre?? :P :P :P

You don climb the 848 steps to the top of the hill?? :lol:

BTW SSS talk true CCC f*cked us up because he was weak, look at us now no WC... :(
To God be the glory
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao wrote:RT u have missed the point .. show an example of anoda coach insultin his fellow coach in the manner SSS has done .. SSS shud do well to remember he is still learning!!

Cruyff did and has done for years. Cruyff is outspoken and he has lambasted Coaches publicly for years. Siasia has not done anything new, it happens all the time. Instead of going behind CCC's back and gossiping Siasia is man enough to say what he felt was wrong publicly. I commend him for this because I feel this time there must be an exception because it is necessary. It is necessary because we have failed in a stated objective and CCC was the main reason for this failure. It is only right we look at what went wrong and try to avoid such mistakes in future.

Cristao please do me a favour and focus on the issue at hand. I know the truth is bitter but sometimes it needs to be said. Siasia has not insulted CCC, he has merely highlighted what he saw as a major problem during his tenure.

I noticed you have not disagreed with Samson but you are just not happy he told the truth. Cristao, you gotta know this as a Christian, the truth and only the truth can set you free. God bless Siasia for telling the truth and highlighting a major problem and hopefully, futures Coaches will have the guts to stand up for what they believe in and not get pushed around by anyone.
and Siasia has attained the status of Cruyff? .. :lol: :lol: :lol: