Is Mikel Obi = history?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

FrostyZ wrote:
erikga wrote:GG of G wrote:
- the claim of "forgery" only came up in late November as a last resort from Mr. Shittu...
And strangely enough that was just before FIFA were to rule upon the ManU contract. My guess is Shittu got a hint that the decition was in favour of ManU and he did a last desperate attempt to blackmail Lyn/ManU to give up Obi.
The official decision was getting unnecessarily being prolonged and not likely as at then to be released in November 2005 but anything after Thursday 23 February 2006. Mikel then felt it was not fair and decided to drop one of his jokers with the thinking then that Morgan Andersen will easily accept that it was true. But unfortunately for Mikel, Morgan is a drowning man who is not willing to let go his about 7 or 8 percent cut from the concluded Man United deal.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

onitsha1 wrote:This all sounds very messy indeed and the more this goes on then Obi and Nigeria will lose ultimately. I feel if Shittu really has the boy's interest at heart he will let him go to Man United. We the innocent bystanders and lovers of the game want the boy to simply play the game and show the world his gift. However there are people out there who have manipulated the situation for their pockets. Its shame we have headless NFA who should also get involved to aid this kid and stop all this nonsence

I am sure the kid and his Dad want to concentrate on playing the game.....He is bound to command lots of money in future once he proves to the world how good it is. Clearly as much as I hate Man U this is where he will develop most and will not be a bench warmer.

As CE members as Nigerians who love the game we can not seat and write here on the web for another year with Obi seating out and practicing with Chelsea for another year ......What can we do collectively for the kid to start playing again......This is no longer amusing!
onitsha1,
A "Footballer" should be seen like a Company or a Government! You have the President who is the figure head of the Government. He listens and solicit counsel from his advisor(s)/aides before making any major decision. In the last World Cup you could see how protective Real Madrid was towards Zidane. Even when they signed Beckham his medical examination was relayed life to hundreds of thousands of viewers.
Mikel is a class out that was nurtured to be what he is today. You can ask Omey2k4 what he would have done if he was the Sports Minister, he would tell you Mikel would not have been invited to the ANC 2006 because he was not playing competitive football. So for him to be invited should tell you that his advisor(s) were up to the task and they ensured that the problem of his transfer was not enough to stop him to show his talent.

The problem has a little semblance to what is happening to Keshi in Togo. All of a sunden Keshi is no longer important in Togolese Football. They did not even consider the fact he is a naturalised Togolese. Mikel and his advisor(s) need to fight for the "betterment" of Mikel and the establishment he belongs. He needs our prayers and support to achieve his objective.
FrostyZ
Egg
Egg

Post by FrostyZ »

Football Manager wrote:
FrostyZ wrote:
- the claim of "forgery" only came up in late November as a last resort from Mr. Shittu...
And strangely enough that was just before FIFA were to rule upon the ManU contract. My guess is Shittu got a hint that the decition was in favour of ManU and he did a last desperate attempt to blackmail Lyn/ManU to give up Obi.
The official decision was getting unnecessarily being prolonged and not likely as at then to be released in November 2005 but anything after Thursday 23 February 2006. Mikel then felt it was not fair and decided to drop one of his jokers with the thinking then that Morgan Andersen will easily accept that it was true. But unfortunately for Mikel, Morgan is a drowning man who is not willing to let go his about 7 or 8 percent cut from the concluded Man United deal.
What a lot of nonsence. You have earlier reported that the decition was already made, not jkust been made public and that it was going in favour of Shittu.

Only think Shittu has achieved by tricking Mikel into filing a lawsuit is to prolong the FIFA ruling.

And as you in a former post in this tread brought the Swedish expert on hand writing into this:

It is true that he does not believe the contract between Lyn and Mikel is authentic. However that is based on the J in Shittus (OJ Shittu) signature, not Mikels signature. Why isn't Shittu atleast a cofiler in the lawsuit then? My guess he knows this trial is a lost case and he does not dare to file false accusations himself.

The same expert was even more sure that hthe contract of 09-Apr-04 that Shittu claim is reall was a forgery. You failed to mention that earlier.
Why you?
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

FrostyZ wrote:
Football Manager wrote:
FrostyZ wrote:
What a lot of nonsence. You have earlier reported that the decition was already made, not jkust been made public and that it was going in favour of Shittu.

Only think Shittu has achieved by tricking Mikel into filing a lawsuit is to prolong the FIFA ruling.

And as you in a former post in this tread brought the Swedish expert on hand writing into this:

It is true that he does not believe the contract between Lyn and Mikel is authentic. However that is based on the J in Shittus (OJ Shittu) signature, not Mikels signature. Why isn't Shittu atleast a cofiler in the lawsuit then? My guess he knows this trial is a lost case and he does not dare to file false accusations himself.

The same expert was even more sure that hthe contract of 09-Apr-04 that Shittu claim is reall was a forgery. You failed to mention that earlier.
It is now explicitly clear to me your objective here is to extract information out of context without knowing what the extraction mean. Go and read my responses on this thread. viewtopic.php?t=49052&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=23

I knew you guys are working for your god, Morgan Andersen, and you will never get hard evidence from me you can easily use to swing the case in your god's favour.
onitsha1
Egg
Egg

Post by onitsha1 »

FM I am not too sure about this President or Goverment thing....Greed has obviously set in to the negotiations and I strongly beleive on both sides the kid has been wronged. Again its a question of counting your chickens before they hatch and perhaps Mikel not aware of a lot of things has been misled.

The kid as young as he is just wants to play the game and knows with hard work all good things would come to him. If people are not out there to play a fast one then a deal can be struck today if people have the best interest of the kid plain and simple.

He may have gone on to play for SE at the last ANC but really he should not have started some of the games or played an entire game. He was way out of his depth against CIV and he was brushed aside easily. So I guess logically someone settled someone to have him play in some of those games.

For all this jibberish about who said what and the courts etc......all this shall leave a sour taste in a lot of clubs if this not resolved quickly.....
Life is too short, enjoy it while you can
erikga
Egg
Egg

Post by erikga »

Football Manager wrote:
I knew you guys are working for your god, Morgan Andersen, and you will never get hard evidence from me you can easily use to swing the case in your god's favour.
Any time we state something you cannot reply to, you hide behind the same formula: Morgan is your god... :lol: :lol: :lol: By the same token - Is Shittu then your god?

Why don't you come up with some facts for a change?

Erik G
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

EFCC needs to arrest Mr football manager, John Lucifer Shittu and co. Mr Football manager has indirectly admitted some money exchanged hands before Mikel was allowed to played in ANC tournaments. EFCC boys need to go work, a lot will be exposed. I knew these guys are bunch of no goods.You can imagine what their greediness had caused Nigeria loving soccer fans. Believe it or not if this not checked right now they are about to inflict more devastating and irreparable damage to our soccer. They need to be cooling off in one dugeon in Abuja.These are stupid blood sucking parasites. Mr football manager is asking for Nigerians to pray for them ironically what they need is Nigerians place curse on them for thier nefarious and diabolical activities
Last edited by bobbye on Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
FrostyZ
Egg
Egg

Post by FrostyZ »

Football Manager wrote:It is now explicitly clear to me your objective here is to extract information out of context without knowing what the extraction mean. Go and read my responses on this thread. viewtopic.php?t=49052&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=23

It's very clear to me that you have no reall arguments so you just write a lot of senceless rambling :twisted: :twisted:
Why you?
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Obi is young & if he maintains strength & strong heart, he will be OK.

This is not even that big a deal.

These pathetic men from FIFA to Anderson of Lyn to Sir Alex have exposed themselves & shown themselves to be no different from a bunch of common burglars.

Its just so pathetic that they would drool & lust so desperately after an eighteen year old kid who was generally OK in life till he came in contact with them.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

And I have always said that if anyone is most to blame for allowing this issue to fester for so long, it's the snivelling cowards at FIFA.

And like I have also said before, FIFA authority over labor cases (make no mistake this is a labor/civil-rights case) is not well grounded internationally from a legal/constituitional standpoint.

Of course FIFA will be granted deference in Europe because FIFA can be counted on to almost always favor big-money clubs (employers) in Europe over the little guy especially if he is non-European.

Everybody knows FIFA can never assert jurisdiction in the USA. They would require a special dispensation from the US Congress to be recognized in the USA & even then they would have to submit to clear & specific limitations on their powers. And it goes beyond fantasy to beleive the US congress would ever grant such powers to a foreign entity, especially one so practiced in applying its authority in favor of its friends.

FIFA is nothing but a mafia in the pay of the European football industry.
erikga
Egg
Egg

Post by erikga »

omotori wrote:
And I have always said that if anyone is most to blame for allowing this issue to fester for so long, it's the snivelling cowards at FIFA.

And like I have also said before, FIFA authority over labor cases (make no mistake this is a labor/civil-rights case) is not well grounded internationally from a legal/constituitional standpoint.

Of course FIFA will be granted deference in Europe because FIFA can be counted on to almost always favor big-money clubs (employers) in Europe over the little guy especially if he is non-European.

Everybody knows FIFA can never assert jurisdiction in the USA. They would require a special dispensation from the US Congress to be recognized in the USA & even then they would have to submit to clear & specific limitations on their powers. And it goes beyond fantasy to beleive the US congress would ever grant such powers to a foreign entity, especially one so practiced in applying its authority in favor of its friends.

FIFA is nothing but a mafia in the pay of the European football industry.
Now that Mr. Football Manager has retreated from the field of battle again :lol: maybe that is a topic we could discuss...

I do not agree with you. The reason this case is dragging out so long is that Obi's contract with FC LYn Oslo was expressly written to conform to the labor legislation in Norway. The contract is a standard NFF contract which states that all internal disagreements shall be decided by Football's own internal organs. Obi and his lawyers dispute this for some strange reason..

This clause is common in all professional sports - the authorities are happy to let the sport handle breaches of the internal rules an regulations, only if the wider society's law are broken, then the police and courts will step in.

That is the case of the Austrian Biathlon team in Turin recently. The Italian anti-doping laws are extremely strict so the team and coach was not only in breach of the Federation rules, but also of the Italian laws.

In the Obi case, there is no evidence that any laws have been broken so the court threw the case out. Obi's lawyers still insists there is and has appealed. The appeal will be heard some time after the summer. FIFA holds off deciding until the appeals have been exhausted so that not to create some kind of precedence for the courts.

As for your point about FIFA not being "recognized" in the USA - that is just rubbish. Football is organized in the USA under FIFA rules, just like Alpine Skiing is organized under FIS rules.

As for FIFA being "...a mafia in the pay of European Football", I am not sure Mr. Jose Mourinho sees it trhat way... :cry:

Erik G
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

erikga wrote:I do not agree with you. The reason this case is dragging out so long is that Obi's contract with FC LYn Oslo was expressly written to conform to the labor legislation in Norway. The contract is a standard NFF contract which states that all internal disagreements shall be decided by Football's own internal organs. Obi and his lawyers dispute this for some strange reason..
This is just some more spin. Everyone who has been watching this story understands the role of FIFA in this matter. You are the first person I know who has suggested that FIFA has no role.

You really have no point. Lets consider if what you say is true, then Obi could just walk away from Norway & join any team he wants. But guess what ? Only FIFA can stop him, not your NFF.

You want to have your cake & eat - i.e you want to allow the NFF complete authority over this matter, but you also want to compel FIFA to support and enforce any decision by NFF.

Hence when it suits you, FIFA should be a hands-off advisory type body and at other times, you want it to be a regulatory body acting in your favor.

Where I am from, we call this wayo.

It is this type of conduct by FIFA that leaves it open to charges that it lacks integrity & consistency & that it is basically a European mafia.

erikga wrote: This clause is common in all professional sports - the authorities are happy to let the sport handle breaches of the internal rules an regulations, only if the wider society's law are broken, then the police and courts will step in.

That is the case of the Austrian Biathlon team in Turin recently. The Italian anti-doping laws are extremely strict so the team and coach was not only in breach of the Federation rules, but also of the Italian laws.

In the Obi case, there is no evidence that any laws have been broken so the court threw the case out. Obi's lawyers still insists there is and has appealed. The appeal will be heard some time after the summer. FIFA holds off deciding until the appeals have been exhausted so that not to create some kind of precedence for the courts.
Now you say FIFA will hold off until the appeals have been exhausted so as not to create some kind of precedence. Never mind, that there was the matter of forgery swept under the rug by the Norwegian authorities/police. I suspect that if such a scenario happened in say any African country, the forgery aspect would be dominating this story.

YOur comments are double-speak - what we call wayo in Nigeria.
Again FIFA is hand-off when its convenient for you but the same FIFA becomes an enforcer when thats convenient.

This is like the Godfather letting the local capo's handle an issue sometimes but in other situations, the Godfather sends a few guys over to "resolve" the issue.
erikga wrote: As for your point about FIFA not being "recognized" in the USA - that is just rubbish. Football is organized in the USA under FIFA rules, just like Alpine Skiing is organized under FIS rules.
FIFA's authority is not recognized in the USA in the way that it is in Europe. In the USA, this matter would be in the court by now, the MLS would be there with its lawyers & FIFA would be trying its best to hide behind behind MLS's skirt.

You need to understand that the MLS is bound to comply with the US anti-trust laws & the Sherman Act. And the MLS has been challenged & can be challenged on these laws.

In the USA, FIFA could never assert the kind of authority or enjoy the kind of deference it is given in Europe. Every sports organization in the USA has to function within the labor-laws & the Sherman Act.

In the USA, unlike Europe, FIFA's laws have the same kind of sway as the rules of the game of monopoly.
erikga wrote: As for FIFA being "...a mafia in the pay of European Football", I am not sure Mr. Jose Mourinho sees it trhat way... :cry:
Erik G
Most Italian-Americans would not be ofended by the use of the word mafia in this context.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

erikga,

For historical reasons, FIFA is viewed by the mass European public as a generally unbiased arbitrator between the clubs & players.

But it is not.

And it can never be. All FIFA has done is fool people that they (FIFA) are a honest broker.

In the USA, all sports regulating bodies & FIFA by extension are viewed by everybody as entities acting primarily to serve their own interests - essentially financial.

And many will add that FIFA likewise acts in favor of the European countries to the detriment of other countries.

Norwegians who want a fair settlement to this case should be calling for court intervention and/or for independent arbitration. Otherwise this matter will continue to undermine the perception of Norway internationally.
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

I don't care what is being said; this boy's career is about to end before it even starts. John Shittu and the likes of Football Manager need to be stopped!

Football Manager came hear to call Mikel a Man-child and all sorts of names after the Man U deal was announced. Shortly thereafter, FM changed allegiance after Shittu captured Mikel and took him out of Norway. From then, his stance on the boy took a 360 degree turn.

We're talking about nature here. THis boy is young but after a long period of inactive soccer, I'm not sure how much will be left out of him. 1 year is a long time for a budding 18 year old (he'll soon be 19). His body is not wood and will not be as active at a certain age and thereby losing out on a lot. As things stand now, there's not argument that his stock has dropped and his value keeps diminishing by the day!

Shittu and his cohorts should put your personal interests aside and let the boy play soccer. you'll still get paid regardless (it's obvious Mikel wants his agents paid). This is turning into another tragic story in the making. I won't relent on this warnings until something is done.

We're wasting away a fruitful career!

How long will it take before NFA intervenes? :evil:
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Mikel Obi = history?

Post by Catalyst »

kolinzo wrote:
Penarity wrote:As everything seems to have died down, it is not too difficult to see that Mikel's career is just one of those flash in the pan situation.

I think it is over for this lad. How sad!
In as much as I don't like his game, let's hope all will be well. I'm begining to feel sad for this guy. I hope God is on his side.
Out of curiousity (and also to determine if you areignore-list material), can you kindly tell me folks in the SE team of the last 12 months you like their game? Could be interesting...

Please oblige me...

[Rant Mode]
P.S. Many of us here who comment on Mikel's really astound me. Our level of reasoning and delivery gives me the shivers. I don't even know where to begin - I just worry about the system that continues to chun us out. On one hand, one can count how many people who can hold a descent conversation or capable of offering points of view that makes one 'think'. This really worries me - epecially seeing that a lot of people are not really improving. Don't get me wrong - this rant as not about where you stand (no one holds any monopoly on that) - it is about being able to reason and clearly convey it. That is, when critical issues are up for discussion, we owe it to each other to contribute something that can pass average logic or critical thinking measures.

One is not under any pressure to always post here - in fact it better to sit on the side lines and learn, read and improve yourself (or ourselves). It just feels like we lack critical thinking ability to the point where I wonder if something is really wrong with us. this problem shows up whenever hard issues come up. May God help (as silly as that may sound). If we cannot exhibit those skill here how do you think they will be exhibited in our government, congress, nfa?

Each man has to improve on his own. We do not just come here to blow off steam (don't be fooled) - sharing and self (and collective) improvemnet is the biggest part of the deal here. Trully, what we do here is cyber life immitating real life - only the unassuming will attempt to divorce.

Peace and love.

P.P.S. Again this is not about where you stand on this issue or any other critical one.
Last edited by Catalyst on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

BN,

FM is on the payroll of John Shittu and will do anything to defend his boss no matter what. They are all part of the cabal similar to the cabal we are watching on 24 at the moment. It seems there is a plot to undermine things until they get their wish...

BabaNaija wrote:I don't care what is being said; this boy's career is about to end before it even starts. John Shittu and the likes of Football Manager need to be stopped!

Football Manager came hear to call Mikel a Man-child and all sorts of names after the Man U deal was announced. Shortly thereafter, FM changed allegiance after Shittu captured Mikel and took him out of Norway. From then, his stance on the boy took a 360 degree turn.

We're talking about nature here. THis boy is young but after a long period of inactive soccer, I'm not sure how much will be left out of him. 1 year is a long time for a budding 18 year old (he'll soon be 19). His body is not wood and will not be as active at a certain age and thereby losing out on a lot. As things stand now, there's not argument that his stock has dropped and his value keeps diminishing by the day!

Shittu and his cohorts should put your personal interests aside and let the boy play soccer. you'll still get paid regardless (it's obvious Mikel wants his agents paid). This is turning into another tragic story in the making. I won't relent on this warnings until something is done.

We're wasting away a fruitful career!

How long will it take before NFA intervenes? :evil:
Soldier of Fortune...
FrostyZ
Egg
Egg

Post by FrostyZ »

omotori wrote:
erikga wrote:I do not agree with you. The reason this case is dragging out so long is that Obi's contract with FC LYn Oslo was expressly written to conform to the labor legislation in Norway. The contract is a standard NFF contract which states that all internal disagreements shall be decided by Football's own internal organs. Obi and his lawyers dispute this for some strange reason..
This is just some more spin. Everyone who has been watching this story understands the role of FIFA in this matter. You are the first person I know who has suggested that FIFA has no role.

You really have no point. Lets consider if what you say is true, then Obi could just walk away from Norway & join any team he wants. But guess what ? Only FIFA can stop him, not your NFF.

You want to have your cake & eat - i.e you want to allow the NFF complete authority over this matter, but you also want to compel FIFA to support and enforce any decision by NFF.

Hence when it suits you, FIFA should be a hands-off advisory type body and at other times, you want it to be a regulatory body acting in your favor.
omotori,

erikga isn't claiming that FIFA shouldn't rule in this matter.
erikga's poit is that FIFA SHOULD BE THE ONE RULING, not Norwegian court.

Why has he then mentioned NFF? Mikel has signed a standard NFF contract with Lyn. This contract states that internal differences should be decided upon by footballs internal organs.
FIFA is footballs internal organ. erikga has therefor never claimed what you are saying. His point is the oposite!

The one claiming that this should be dealt with outside FIFA is Shittu by dragging this case to the Norwegian court. The Norwegian court has correctly sent the case back to footballs internal organs (FIFA). Although this decition has been appealed.
Why you?