Man U Get Deadline On Mikel Obi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Biafra
Egg
Egg
Man U Get Deadline On Mikel Obi

Post by Biafra »

Man U Get Deadline On Mikel
English Premiership giants, Manchester United, have until the close of work on Wednesday March 29, 2006, to table their bill in the form of compensation on the peace table brokered between the highly successful club and rivals, Chelsea in the protracted John Obi Mikel transfer logjam, NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM can report.
This is the frank revelation by a member of the Super Eagles midfielder’s family to NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM.

“Mike’s agent, John Ola Shittu spoke with me on phone on Monday,” informs the shy Mikel’s family member.

“He told me that after one of the peace meetings between him, Manchester United officials, Chelsea officials and the chairman of the English Premier League Board, who brokered the peace initiative, Manchester United were given forty-eight (48) hours to come forward with their bill as regards compensation, which Chelsea are willing and in fact ready to pay so as to enable Mikel resume fully with the club of his heart, Chelsea.

“The deadline is supposed to end today, Wednesday, March 29, 2006,” he told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM.

Touched by the plight of the youth star, whose talent seems to be on the receiving end of the matter, English Premier League Board Chairman moved to broker peace between the aggrieved parties.

“The press have continued to say the English FA boss was the one that mediated in the matter to bring Chelsea and Manchester United to the negotiation table,” states Mikel’s family source.

“But truth is that it was the Premier League Board boss who took the initiative. He held several meetings with Mikel in the last four weeks to really find out from him what really happened and where his mind is.

“Having ascertained that Mikel’s heart is in Chelsea, he tried to make both parties see eye to eye since the development is no longer portraying English Football in good light.

“Alex Ferguson, Manchester United boss personally held a meeting with Mikel and when he failed to convince him to change his mind on his love and preference for a Chelsea move, he told the Manchester United management to let go, hence the current talk for compensation,” Nigeriansportsonline.com was told.

M15 screw yourself up for freedom is insight for our boy. Hater!:evil: :evil
...all for the good of the game, for 'football is full of idiots and egotists; men obsessed with squeezing out every last penny from the game that gives them a living'.
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

Another intimation inflenced piece of crap. Naija journalists are useless. U mean to tell me that chelski and man u agrees on obi and only his relative knows about it?
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

I hope say this family member tomapep sause get head so. E don do make the boy begin play. My only thing be say make Lyn no get Kobo for the thing. Thivery no be am. Dem thing say the boy just waka come dash dem udoji or wetin?
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man U Get Deadline On Mikel Obi

Post by MI5 »

Wow amazing and just like i said earlier on another Agege Motor Road scoop wonders never end...

I see your rogue futbol agent boss Shittu is paying you well to represent him. Keep up the good work and i hope you burn in hell punk mother fuccker...

Biafra wrote:Man U Get Deadline On Mikel
English Premiership giants, Manchester United, have until the close of work on Wednesday March 29, 2006, to table their bill in the form of compensation on the peace table brokered between the highly successful club and rivals, Chelsea in the protracted John Obi Mikel transfer logjam, NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM can report.
This is the frank revelation by a member of the Super Eagles midfielder’s family to NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM.

“Mike’s agent, John Ola Shittu spoke with me on phone on Monday,” informs the shy Mikel’s family member.

“He told me that after one of the peace meetings between him, Manchester United officials, Chelsea officials and the chairman of the English Premier League Board, who brokered the peace initiative, Manchester United were given forty-eight (48) hours to come forward with their bill as regards compensation, which Chelsea are willing and in fact ready to pay so as to enable Mikel resume fully with the club of his heart, Chelsea.

“The deadline is supposed to end today, Wednesday, March 29, 2006,” he told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM.

Touched by the plight of the youth star, whose talent seems to be on the receiving end of the matter, English Premier League Board Chairman moved to broker peace between the aggrieved parties.

“The press have continued to say the English FA boss was the one that mediated in the matter to bring Chelsea and Manchester United to the negotiation table,” states Mikel’s family source.

“But truth is that it was the Premier League Board boss who took the initiative. He held several meetings with Mikel in the last four weeks to really find out from him what really happened and where his mind is.

“Having ascertained that Mikel’s heart is in Chelsea, he tried to make both parties see eye to eye since the development is no longer portraying English Football in good light.

“Alex Ferguson, Manchester United boss personally held a meeting with Mikel and when he failed to convince him to change his mind on his love and preference for a Chelsea move, he told the Manchester United management to let go, hence the current talk for compensation,” Nigeriansportsonline.com was told.

Soldier of Fortune...
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

CMS wrote:I hope say this family member tomapep sause get head so. E don do make the boy begin play. My only thing be say make Lyn no get Kobo for the thing. Thivery no be am. Dem thing say the boy just waka come dash dem udoji or wetin?
Lyn do not deserve a dime, afterall the player never belonged to them.Anyway, i expect Man Utd to 'settle' Morgan Anderson and Lyn Oslo.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
FrostyZ
Egg
Egg

Post by FrostyZ »

La Reussi wrote:
CMS wrote:I hope say this family member tomapep sause get head so. E don do make the boy begin play. My only thing be say make Lyn no get Kobo for the thing. Thivery no be am. Dem thing say the boy just waka come dash dem udoji or wetin?
Lyn do not deserve a dime, afterall the player never belonged to them.Anyway, i expect Man Utd to 'settle' Morgan Anderson and Lyn Oslo.

La Reussi
Of course they did. Lyn and Mikel had a valid contract as ruled by FIFAs DRC last summer
Why you?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

MI5 wrote:Wow amazing and just like i said earlier on another Agege Motor Road scoop wonders never end...

I see your rogue futbol agent boss Shittu is paying you well to represent him. Keep up the good work and i hope you burn in hell punk mother fuccker...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Just did a Search with John Mikel Obi as the criteria. returned no info about the current situation. Tried Just obi still no updates. Interesting I must say.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

MI5 wrote:Wow amazing and just like i said earlier on another Agege Motor Road scoop wonders never end...

Biafra wrote:Man U Get Deadline On Mikel

MI5, I am as appaled with the situation as you are but my advice is to leave it.

Skylolo made a good point when he says that its Mikels career to do as he pleases. As long as nobody tries to force him on the SE I say its all good. I hope he sorts it out for his own sake though.
FrostyZ
Egg
Egg

Post by FrostyZ »

As the deadline was yesterday and we haven't heard anything I guess this stranded if it ever existed.
Why you?
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Godamn M15 sonned Biafra! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
LynOslo
Egg
Egg

Post by LynOslo »

I have no confirmed information about this.

It looks like something's going on though, I guess Obi's future will be decided soon.

I won't speculate in the final result.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

If there is any truth to this story, the Norwegian Football Association should be ashamed of itself.

They have shown themselves to be utterly incompetent & also very insensitive.

So much so that they had to leave it up to the English FA to try to clean this mess.

Meanwhile Ferguson continues to make a fool of himself by chasing after and acting strung-out over an 18 year old who does not want to play for him CONTRACT OR NO CONTRACT.

Where the Lynn/ManU position wears very thin is with the spin they put out suggesting that Shittu is holding Obi hostage against his will

WHAT RACIST NONSENSE

I have always said that if they could get away with it, Lynn & ManU would tie Obi in chains & shacles & do with him as they please. Their conduct in this matter shows how little respect they have for Africans and Blacks.

But they hoped they could put an end to this saga by paying Shittu off. But like I warned months ago, Shittu is not a man tha can be paid off to betray principle.

I am sure many on this board would have been on their knees begging Ferguson for forgiveness if they were in Obi or SHittu's shoes
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

omotori wrote:If there is any truth to this story, the Norwegian Football Association should be ashamed of itself.

So much so that they had to leave it up to the English FA to try to clean this mess.

Meanwhile Ferguson continues to make a fool of himself by chasing after and acting strung-out over an 18 year old who does not want to play for him CONTRACT OR NO CONTRACT.

Where the Lynn/ManU position wears very thin is with the spin they put out suggesting that Shittu is holding Obi hostage against his will

WHAT RACIST NONSENSE

I have always said that if they could get away with it, Lynn & ManU would tie Obi in chains & shacles & do with him as they please. Their conduct in this matter shows how little respect they have for Africans and Blacks.

But they hoped they could put an end to this saga by paying Shittu off. But like I warned months ago, Shittu is not a man tha can be paid off to betray principle.

I am sure many on this board would have been on their knees begging Ferguson for forgiveness if they were in Obi or SHittu's shoes
:roll: :roll: :roll:
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

omotori wrote:If there is any truth to this story, the Norwegian Football Association should be ashamed of itself.

WHAT RACIST NONSENSE

In your eyes is Obi guilty of anything?
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

mblack wrote: In your eyes is Obi guilty of anything?
First, he is 18 years old. And I am sure he did not understand the ramifications of his actions at the time.

But what is being done to him by ManU & Lynn is far worse than anything he has done.

The real question to ask is whether a White kid in Obi's shoes would be treated this way.

If instead you choose to focus on Obi's far lesser & much more forgiveable mistakes, you are simply buying into just another racist trap.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

omotori wrote:
First, he is 18 years old. And I am sure he did not understand the ramifications of his actions at the time.

But what is being done to him by ManU & Lynn is far worse than anything he has done.

The real question to ask is whether a White kid in Obi's shoes would be treated this way.

If instead you choose to focus on Obi's far lesser & much more forgiveable mistakes, you are simply buying into just another racist trap.
Being 18 is not an excuse. There is a reason why Pro contracts are signed at 18. At that age every player knows what a contract is and the implications of signing one especially those that grow within a youth system. Every player at that age also knows the penalties that come with breeching contracts and having multiple agents (if that be the case here). At 18 Obi is able to tell what is right and wrong. I mean lets not make this 18yrs look like its an abstract thing we are talking about here. Also Obi did not leave Nigeria to Norway and sign the contract. he has been in Europe long enough to know these things.
Other 18 year old whites and blacks have done this time and time again. Again my question is, 'Is Obi guilty of anything?'
Remember, Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. We should start by holding him accountable for his actions. Only then can we move to others.
By the way ManU and LynOslo are not doing anything to Obi. They merely are protecting their interests just like Shittu, Chelsea and Obi are protecting theirs.
I would like to see Obi play soon but I will not belittle the fight for racism by ignoring the mistake Obi made. Its as simple as that. He brought this to himself directly or indirectly anyway you look at it. I dont side with ManU nor do I side with Chelsea. My point is, Obi did not act properly and thats what you are avoiding. The focal point here is Obi not Chelsea, not ManU , not LynOslo and not Shittu. He is the one who signed the contract, he is the one who said he was happy, he is the one who later said he got threats, he is the one who said he was forced and he is the one who said he wanted to play for Chelsea instead. Obi is the problem and when it comes down to it, they will be analysing documents Obi signed and his interraction with the parties concerned as various periods and in effect holding him accountable
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

mblack wrote:
omotori wrote:

Being 18 is not an excuse. There is a reason why Pro contracts are signed at 18. At that age every player knows what a contract is and the implications of signing one especially those that grow within a youth system. Every player at that age also knows the penalties that come with breeching contracts and having multiple agents (if that be the case here). At 18 Obi is able to tell what is right and wrong. I mean lets not make this 18yrs look like its an abstract thing we are talking about here. Also Obi did not leave Nigeria to Norway and sign the contract. he has been in Europe long enough to know these things.
Other 18 year old whites and blacks have done this time and time again. Again my question is, 'Is Obi guilty of anything?'
Remember, Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. We should start by holding him accountable for his actions. Only then can we move to others.
By the way ManU and LynOslo are not doing anything to Obi. They merely are protecting their interests just like Shittu, Chelsea and Obi are protecting theirs.
I would like to see Obi play soon but I will not belittle the fight for racism by ignoring the mistake Obi made. Its as simple as that. He brought this to himself directly or indirectly anyway you look at it. I dont side with ManU nor do I side with Chelsea. My point is, Obi did not act properly and thats what you are avoiding. The focal point here is Obi not Chelsea, not ManU , not LynOslo and not Shittu. He is the one who signed the contract, he is the one who said he was happy, he is the one who later said he got threats, he is the one who said he was forced and he is the one who said he wanted to play for Chelsea instead. Obi is the problem
Please come off this high horse, Obi is not the first and the last 18 year old to disown a contract he signed under duress. Use your GOOGLE if you don't know.
A kid this good is bound to be place under duress.
Why do you think the Spanish FA almost messed up Messi's career with the stupid charge that BArca has to wait another year before he will be eligible to play for them? It takes lawyers to get Messi to play this year; same thing applies to Obi.

I can't blame any of the parties, everyone is simply trying to take care of business. If you have a player that wins Africa's young player of the year, in a year of WC qualification, despite not playing much during the qualifier; a player that carries his young and inexperienced U21 team on his back to the WC final you are bound to fight till the end and seize upon every mistake your opponent makes....that is the truth!
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

furiously frank wrote:
mblack wrote:
omotori wrote:

I would like to see Obi play soon but I will not belittle the fight for racism by ignoring the mistake Obi made. Its as simple as that. He brought this to himself directly or indirectly anyway you look at it. I dont side with ManU nor do I side with Chelsea. My point is, Obi did not act properly and thats what you are avoiding. The focal point here is Obi not Chelsea, not ManU , not LynOslo and not Shittu. He is the one who signed the contract, he is the one who said he was happy, he is the one who later said he got threats, he is the one who said he was forced and he is the one who said he wanted to play for Chelsea instead. Obi is the problem
Please come off this high horse, Obi is not the first and the last 18 year old to disown a contract he signed under duress. Use your GOOGLE if you don't know.
Why do you think the Spanish FA almost messed up Messi's career with the stupid charge that BArca has to wait another year before he will be eligible to play for them? It takes lawyers to get Messi to play this year; same thing applies to Obi.

I can't blame any of the parties, everyone is simply trying to take care of business. If you have a player that wins Africa's young player of the year, in a year of WC qualification, despite not playing much during the qualifier; a player that carries his young and inexperienced U21 team on his back to the WC final you are bound to fight till the end and seize upon every mistake your opponent makes....that is the truth!
We are saying the same thing. The only problem here is that some seeObi being 18 as an excuse which should not be the case. Be it duress or not he placed himself in the situation he is. Being that others have done it in the past does not justify his poor judgement. He should have used those as pointers.
You talk of the Messi situation. He was not the cause of his problem and neither did he sign a contract to later deny it. Obi did sign and said he was happy and looked genuinely happy only to later say he was forced. I am not here to say who is right or wrong about the clubs. My concern is that Obi did not act well.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

furiously frank wrote: Please come off this high horse, Obi is not the first and the last 18 year old to disown a contract he signed under duress. Use your GOOGLE if you don't know.

What are you talking about!! Messi's issue is not even close comparison to Obi's. Did Messi sign contract and later decided to go to another club? Abeg get your fact right, the Spanish FA weren't tryna screw messi over. It's already in the SFA rules and regulation they can only have certain #'s of foreign players on the pitch. Therefore, Messi had to go get a dual citizenship. That's why you see him on the pitch nowadays.
Obi messed up big time and should be the one to blame. Yes Shittu may have brainwashed him on certain issues but the final decision is his. Let's just hope he get to play next year sha.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

kolinzo wrote:
furiously frank wrote: Please come off this high horse, Obi is not the first and the last 18 year old to disown a contract he signed under duress. Use your GOOGLE if you don't know.

What are you talking about!! Messi's issue is not even close comparison to Obi's. Did Messi sign contract and later decided to go to another club? Abeg get your fact right, the Spanish FA weren't tryna screw messi over. It's already in the SFA rules and regulation they can only have certain #'s of foreign players on the pitch. Therefore, Messi had to go get a dual citizenship. That's why you see him on the pitch nowadays.
Obi messed up big time and should be the one to blame. Yes Shittu may have brainwashed him on certain issues but the final decision is his. Let's just hope he get to play next year sha.
Thank you. Thats all I am saying. I feel pity for him but that does not take away the fact that he brought this to himself yes some of us are quick to play the racism card when we know Obi is clearly at fault.
LynOslo
Egg
Egg

Post by LynOslo »

LynOslo wrote:I have no confirmed information about this.

It looks like something's going on though, I guess Obi's future will be decided soon.

I won't speculate in the final result.

The latest I've heard is that there are no negotiations between Man U, Chelsea or Lyn Oslo going on, or concluded.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

omotori wrote:

Another rascist excuse, at what age are you accountable for your actions, if Obi was caught stealing will he be sent to a juvenile institution or to a prison. When you have that figured you will realise rascism has nothing to do with this. Oh by the way, a rascist does not like your face, he will not shell out the sum being bandied around for a commodity from Africa. Players like Keshi , Kanu , JJ never left Africa untested with such amount paid on them.

And by the way, before you sing rascism, you need to ask how much did Obi's people know about their son signing all over the place. Oh let me see , i have crossed issues with you before, Obi did not do wrong, it is those rascist *kindpeople* who are wrong.

Everything disagreement with a white man is not due to rascism, just as every 419 arrested does not make every nigerian a criminal. I rest my case.

When you tell an 18 year old he is not responsible for his actions, whereas his EU counterpart is already being taught both by realities of life and his environment he has to face up to his responsibilites, dont be suprised when one grows up to be a man able to take care of not only his family , but also responsible in his community, and the other grows up and finds another excuse for his being irresponsible.

You know what, it is the oyinbos fault that there is too much heat in Africa.