Le Roy is being considered too

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

dapo lawal
Egg
Egg
Le Roy is being considered too

Post by dapo lawal »

Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

CRAP STORY. Read this from the Guardian:

REPORT linking the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) with English coach, Glen Hoddle, has been refuted by NFA's Public Relations Officer, Sam Kaalu.

Kaalu speaking to The Guardian on telephone yesterday stated that the NFA had no plans to bring any foreign coach to tinker the Super Eagles now. "I must tell you that the NFA has no plans to bring any foreign coach, not even Hoddle.

"As directed by President Olusegun Obasanjo, we at the NFA will not be hiring a foreign coach", he stated.

Kaalu added that the issue of bringing in a foreign coach do not arise as the Presidency has stated categorically that it was happy with the Christian Chukwu-led technical crew that led the Eagles to win the bronze at the Nations Cup which ended last week in Tunisia.

President Obasanjo at a reception held in honour of the Eagles on Monday had directed the Minister of Sports Col. Musa Mohammed (rtd) to allow local coaches to handle the Super Eagles.

Apparently satisfied with the Eagles' performance at the championship especially their 2-1 victory over the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun, the president had expressed confidence in local coaches, saying that they possess the skill and charisma to lead the national team to any level of soccer competition.

His words: "Those of you who are looking for a foreign coach, na your toro. We don't need them. All we need do is to expose the local ones".

Speaking further on the report, Kaalu said: "I don't know why any one will want to link the NFA with Glen Hoddle at this moment".

The report alleged that the former England's international was at the head of NFA shotlisted candidates for the technical adviser job which effectively will be incharge of the chief coaching role.

Reacting to this, Kaalu said that the NFA has not short-listed any foreign coach. "We have not short-listed anyone for the Super Eagles job," he said emphatically.

Hoddle who coached England to the second round of the France 98 World Cup enjoyed success at Chelsea and Southampton. He however got butted out of Tottenham and he has already held talks with Southampton chairman, Rupert Lowe about a possible return to St. Mary.
To stop trying is to start dying
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Why do I get this sneaky feeling that KO is pursuing an agenda against CCC. It beggars belief that they have nothing on their website today carrying the denial that all major news outlets in the country are carrying. This will be a crying shame if true, as I remember KOC had a line of communication with CCC during the ANC, and I expect they have some familiarity.

I just hope I am jumping the gun here, otherwise my respect for KO will have gone down a notch or two.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Shownoja give it up! Are you really telling me you believe this Kaalu story that no one is being considered?

Those with access to people higher up on the ladder than Kaalu can tell you for a fact that the minister and Galadima are going through a list of CVs. What we do not know is when the appointment will be made and what provisions are made for paying the coaches salary.

Give it up. CCC is history!
dapo lawal
Egg
Egg

Post by dapo lawal »

Shownoja, I've got a feeling they intend to hire a FC. I'll tel you why. Read what he said, he never ruled out a foreign coach, he is only saying at this time they are not hiring one.

These guys are not being honest. I feel for CCC. They are playing games with him. Guess he's use to it by now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is a fact! That shortlist is five strong as far as I am aware and could even be longer!
--------

Le Roy added to shortlist

Nigeria's FA have added Claude Le Roy to their shortlist of four potential managers in case Glen Hoddle succeeds in taking the vacant Southampton job.

Hoddle, as reported by Kick Off Nigeria, is the favoured candidate for the Super Eagles job and the former England manager's agent, Denis Roach is already involved in assessing the financial possibilities of his client accepting the post.

However Southampton would pay a far higher salary and Hoddle has previously made it clear that he is keen on a return to St Mary’s where he was a big success before walking out to join Tottenham three years ago.

Le Roy's high profile regarding his candidacy for the South African post has alerted Nigeria to the fact that they may lose out on Hoddle and want to have a line of communication open with Leroy before he signs anything with the Bafana.

The news will raise hackles at SAFA where the rebuilding job, after a disastrous Nations Cup campaign, and the desertion of several top stars, needs a quality appointment and not the prospect of losing out to major African rivals.

The 56-year-old Le Roy has won reputation as a soccer wizard on African soccer as he guided Cameroon to the finals of the African Nations Cup twice during 1985-1988. They won the event in 1988 having finished runners-up two years earlier.

He was also at the helm of the Indomitable Lions during the 1998 World Cup finals and acted as the national coach of Senegal from 1988 to 1992.

He has recently been coaching in China with First Division outfit Shanghai Zhongyuan.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe - How come you are so ready to believe one news media over another. Does it have anything to do with your relationship to Colin Udoh of KO, and the fact that yu are one of their journalistic contributors.

You really need to learn to give oters credit and accept that you cannot be right all the time. Wake up man and smell the coffee. The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a far more powerful man than Galadima and Musa combined and multiplied by 1000.

Get real.
Last edited by Shownoja on Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Shownoja wrote:Ayo Akinfe - How come you are so ready to believe one news media over another. Does it have anything to do with your relationship to Colin Udoh of KO, and the fact that yu are one of their journalistic contributors.

You really need to learn to give oters credit and accept that you cannot be right all the time. Wake up man and smell the coffee. The president of the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria is a far more powerful man than Galadima and Musa combined and multiplied by 1000.

Get real.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Desperation! By the way, I do not work for Kick Off!
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Wake up man and smell the coffee. The president of the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria is a far more powerful man than Galadima and Musa combined and multiplied by 1000. [/o

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:CASE CLOSED :mrgreen: :lol:
Obj may not be that smart but he knows how to handle a NATIONAL ICON!!!
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

legend wrote:Wake up man and smell the coffee. The president of the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria is a far more powerful man than Galadima and Musa combined and multiplied by 1000. [/o

Fly like an Eagle under the wing of an FC!
iyerebee
Egg
Egg

Post by iyerebee »

legend wrote:Wake up man and smell the coffee. The president of the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria is a far more powerful man than Galadima and Musa combined and multiplied by 1000. [/o

now that was funny :!: :shock:
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Shownoja wrote:
You really need to learn to give oters credit and accept that you cannot be right all the time.

Get real.

He is yet to be right, about anything....I've never come across anyone (my entire life), that fires more blanks.
You are Your Own Dog
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Shownoja give it up! Are you really telling me you believe this Kaalu story that no one is being considered?

Those with access to people higher up on the ladder than Kaalu can tell you for a fact that the minister and Galadima are going through a list of CVs. What we do not know is when the appointment will be made and what provisions are made for paying the coaches salary.

Give it up. CCC is history!
Who are the people higher than the CIC? OBJ has sppoken!!!!!!!!
Bell

Post by Bell »

PRO-FC'S ARE BURYING THEIR TIMID HEADS IN THE PROVERBIAL GROUND...

...pretending as though Obasanjo's directive is of no real effect.
Bell
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is a fact! That shortlist is five strong as far as I am aware and could even be longer!
--------

Le Roy added to shortlist

Nigeria's FA have added Claude Le Roy to their shortlist of four potential managers in case Glen Hoddle succeeds in taking the vacant Southampton job.

Hoddle, as reported by Kick Off Nigeria, is the favoured candidate for the Super Eagles job and the former England manager's agent, Denis Roach is already involved in assessing the financial possibilities of his client accepting the post.

However Southampton would pay a far higher salary and Hoddle has previously made it clear that he is keen on a return to St Mary’s where he was a big success before walking out to join Tottenham three years ago.

Le Roy's high profile regarding his candidacy for the South African post has alerted Nigeria to the fact that they may lose out on Hoddle and want to have a line of communication open with Leroy before he signs anything with the Bafana.

The news will raise hackles at SAFA where the rebuilding job, after a disastrous Nations Cup campaign, and the desertion of several top stars, needs a quality appointment and not the prospect of losing out to major African rivals.

The 56-year-old Le Roy has won reputation as a soccer wizard on African soccer as he guided Cameroon to the finals of the African Nations Cup twice during 1985-1988. They won the event in 1988 having finished runners-up two years earlier.

He was also at the helm of the Indomitable Lions during the 1998 World Cup finals and acted as the national coach of Senegal from 1988 to 1992.

He has recently been coaching in China with First Division outfit Shanghai Zhongyuan.
They can shortlist what they want, the bottom line is, if the President via the sports minister puts a monkey wrench on any plans to hire a FC, then you all will be weeping again. Some of you folks need to realize that the Federal government is the one who will be paying the so called coach and if they say NO to a foreign coach, then unless you guys are ready to donate funds for the new coach's salary, then your efforts are wasted. No one of us in Cybereagles know what is going on, some of us think they do, but they do not, so who is fooling who?
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

I can believe u guyz are taking Baba serious,i guess its being long since u stepped out of Naija.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

FYI;The only person that ve the final approval regarding the hiring of coach is;the VP;Alhaji Atiku.Baba is only offering is personal opinion,and that does not count at all cuz we not talking about chicken here.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

aranka5 wrote:I can believe u guyz are taking Baba serious,i guess its being long since u stepped out of Naija.
I am not arguing anymore. The fact of the matter is that there is no formal directive of Nigerian law that prevents the NFA from hiring a coach.

I know for a fact that the minister's only beef is his salary. If the NFA can find sponsors, the matter is resolved.

It is time to stop wasting time with some of the comical characters on this site. I have a fairly good idea of who contacted Hoddle and we all know that the minister himself met with Le Roy in Tunisia.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

It's funny coming from you BELL wow times does change so soon. But when your boy Amodu was canned how come OBJ who had guaranteed him he would lead the team to the WC'02 step in to save him when he was fired by the NFA? What did OBJ do about it?

It's funny how you PRO-IC's forget things so quickly... A directive from OBJ hahahahaha wonders will never end.... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :P

Bell wrote:PRO-FC'S ARE BURYING THEIR TIMID HEADS IN THE PROVERBIAL GROUND...

...pretending as though Obasanjo's directive is of no real effect.
Bell
Soldier of Fortune...
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
aranka5 wrote:I can believe u guyz are taking Baba serious,i guess its being long since u stepped out of Naija.
I am not arguing anymore. The fact of the matter is that there is no formal directive of Nigerian law that prevents the NFA from hiring a coach.

I know for a fact that the minister's only beef is his salary. If the NFA can find sponsors, the matter is resolved.

It is time to stop wasting time with some of the comical characters on this site. I have a fairly good idea of who contacted Hoddle and we all know that the minister himself met with Le Roy in Tunisia.

Ayo

I have noticed that people on the forum forget things easily. The minister has clearly stated that if the NFA cant pay an FC's salary without coming to the government for help, they would accept the FC.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ha ha.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Akure4Life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo

I have noticed that people on the forum forget things easily. The minister has clearly stated that if the NFA cant pay an FC's salary without coming to the government for help, they would accept the FC.
I beleive discussions are ongoing with sponsors as we speak. A little bit of imagination and sound management and this matter can be resolved quickly.

I just do not trusty Ogunjobi to be able to deal with the matter effectively and swiftly. I am now really beginning to regret the fact that Dangote was not elected NFA chairman.

Dongote could have at least shown these guys how to run the NFA as a commercial operation. If Ogunjobi was a serious bloke, he would go to people like that to pick their brains.