NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-1 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by ANC »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Worst coach ever, Onigbinde was better at least they never got humiliated.
His substitutions were as..s forward.

Mikel and Ighalo, what took so long?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by balo »

Too easy a game for Croatia.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

goke313 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:This lying over Mikel's attacking talents for the past 10 years is kicking us in the azz.

Iwobi should've been playing the #10 role.....Mikel's ego of wanting to play the #10 is killing our team
It's partly him and partly Nigerian public, remember when people here blamed Mourinho for stopping him from being the next Jay Jay because he was an attacking player when he was playing youth ball.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

goke313 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:This lying over Mikel's attacking talents for the past 10 years is kicking us in the azz.
Iwobi should've been playing the #10 role.....Mikel's ego of wanting to play the #10 is killing our team
Said it very early on this thread. Switch Mikel & Etebo.

This coach does not believe in this team.

He was not being coy with all that we are the least ranked team squad talk.

The next phase of the SE development is to groom coaches & expose them to global standards.

UEFA or even South/North American license and club attachment for 3+ years and get them into the National setup.

Get the top NPFL coaches & former Internationals & get them to commit to the program, while NFF pays them.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

“We weren’t troubled whatsoever” - Slaven Bilic.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

The world cup is not how you begin but how you end. Having said that Nigeria was piss poor in this game and they have to do major adjustments if they are to have a good showing.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Ekorian wrote:
100%Naija wrote:Did Shehu just ask Modric for his jersey? Useless fullll
Perhaps with a thick accent saying '' PLEASE SIGN IT OO. I MIGHT TAKE IT TO OKTION ONE DAY"
No pride whatsoever!
Begging mentality, 'something for the boys?'. :lol:
Same thing CAM did long time ago, asking for jerseys after Russia shelled them 6-1.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

airwolex wrote:I knew Manduzic would be key. We just couldn't handle him like with Mitrovic. Modric is pure class. What a player.
Manduzic wasn't the problem, we just didn't know how to set up for set pieces. He should've been doubled with Balogun who's the closest player were have that matches him physically. Had Nwankwo been on he would've defended him but like I said we don't practice these things well enough if at all.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Sorry Salusi the assistant coach is better than Rhor, in terms of tactics and selection.

If he leads us for nations cup qualifier, we will not qualify
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

danesh wrote:Tough match. We are capable of more. The rest of the teams are made of humans, all is not lost. We're supposed to be supporters not people looking for a reason to complain.
even a blind Nigerian would complain about that game.
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

At least you didn't lose to Iran. Smh @ Morocco.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We lost because:

1. We can defend set pieces.
2. We cant take advantage of set pieces
3. We were too slow
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I wonder what happened to our RAMPAGING 3-5-2 format. Why didn't we deploy it today?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

kalani JR wrote:
goke313 wrote:

It's partly him and partly Nigerian public, remember when people here blamed Mourinho for stopping him from being the next Jay Jay because he was an attacking player when he was playing youth ball.
He also at times too many tends to slow the attack down being static and allowing the opposition get back in defensive positions.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You all can hyperventilate all evening....we lost to a better team period. They were better than us in every aspect of the game, that we came off with only 2 goals for me was a surprise because they have a team that can do us 4 without breaking a sweat. How many did Denmark do our so called JJ and the so called great team for? 4 goals under 30mins.

We conceded two avoidable goals and if Moses was a Croatian he would have gotten a penalty from that obnoxious ref. Yes that was a penalty but I want someone to swear Ekong was the first person in this world cup to wrap his hands against his opponent.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Need to move Mikel back to deep CM and have a runner next to him. Give somebody else the AM task. Mikel should be doing for us what Modric was doing for Croatia. Dictate from deep
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Coach wrote:“We weren’t troubled whatsoever” - Slaven Bilic.
right through the cojones
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Odas wrote:Though I am saddened, but I don't think it is over yet. It is not over until we lose our second game.
You have started again? I remember how you have been polluting the forum with your guarantee of the Super Eagles beating Croatia. What happened? I just laugh at guys like you that like to talk with certainty about things you have no control over. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Performance by a bunch of circus wannabes - deeply embarrassing. I am reminded of why i've emotionally distanced myself from the National team.
We looked very scared & seemed to have a huge inferiority complex - the power of Ighalo,Mikel & swimming lover Moses looks detrimental.
We're certain for last in the group.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

so glad I have not invested any emotions into football.......wenger's arsenal has a knack for doing that
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ARE YOU GUYS STILL APPLAUDING THE 1-1 DRAW BETWEEN THE ARGIES AND COLDLAND?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Odas wrote:I wonder what happened to our RAMPAGING 3-5-2 format. Why didn't we deploy it today?

We were tearing England apart with that formation. If you cannot defend, limit the opportunities the other team has to attack.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:Oh well.

At least we will look good bouncing out after 3 games.
Germans should not be coaching any African country, they love 'ORDERLY SETTINGS' and we thrive on our unpredictability.............this reminds me of what Schäfer did to a great Camerounian team in WC 2002.
German coaches will destroy the only strong point of African football(unpredictability)..............b/c the want to install the 'planned' order that they love and are used to.
The German coaching system only works for Africans in AFRICA..........but proves toothless against any European opposition at the WC/Olympics.
Nonsense coach..................... :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo