The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Nkume »

The best players Win 95% of the time. There are great coaches in the EPL, and Wenger was one of them. Arsenal's fortunes will not change if we don't get better players.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Thunder wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:At least Emery has won major trophies. Will give him s year to build his team. Will have my support. The Arsenal job is tough.
Does that mean you’ll buy a jersey? :lol:
Will wait and see what they do in the transfer market. The window closes on August 9th before the start of the season. I am going to buy the Nigerian jersey.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohenhen1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:At least Emery has won major trophies. Will give him s year to build his team. Will have my support. The Arsenal job is tough.
What major trophies? La Liga? Champions League? I guess you're talking of him taking Sevilla to the hat trick of UEFA Cup titles.

He's a really good coach but I think at the end of the season, Arsenal fans will find the complaints they had about Wenger might still be present....unless he has picked up new tricks from Paris, i think the issues with his sides mentally over the years have been things Arsenal suffered under Wenger.

You'll see good footie though, you can count on that one.
Also Ligue one title and CL semifinals. He has more experience than Arteta. He is still 46.
I don't think winning major trophies should have anything to do with it at all.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:Just saw Santi’s goodbye .

Thunder wire Arsene Wenger for wasting this man’s prime years. First of all by binning him to the wings to accommodate an overrated scrub, and also by not giving him a legit striker and two powerful and athletic central midfielders to allow him to concentrate on playmaking from the #10 position.

Adieu Santiago we shall never see ya quality AGAIN :thumb:

Why didn’t you apply for the Arsenal’s managerial job?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:

Thunder wire Arsene Wenger for wasting this man’s prime years. First of all by binning him to the wings to accommodate an overrated scrub, and also by not giving him a legit striker and two powerful and athletic central midfielders to allow him to concentrate on playmaking from the #10 position.

Ahhhh, so the exact things you insult others for when they speak of what Ozil could use to help him out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's traniks for you. He will find a way to excuse his favored guys for the same offense he criticizes those he dislike for.

You are clearly a dolt. Are you mad? What wasn’t Ozil given? Santi was dropped to the wing and later deeper, and still excelled at the position he was played at. He showed clearly with dump trucks like Giroud how to Best use him. Why are we still talking about Ozil .. A proven failure?

Anyway like I’ve said with you ... You simply don’t know football smh
Chei, see hot tears.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I thought that these guys would have had a clue on who to replace Wenger with before letting him go like that.

Anyways, I will support Emery, like I would have supported Arteta. Rumors say Arteta rejected the job due to lack of control over transfers. Does that mean Emery accepted those terms? If so, I wonder for him o!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Thunder wrote:

He prefers to work behind the scenes, shei you grab me. He is the kingmaker, deciding whose jerseys are worth buying, which players are worth signing, and all the other good stuff. Modesty won't allow him coach this team :tic:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cally wrote:I thought that these guys would have had a clue on who to replace Wenger with before letting him go like that.

Anyways, I will support Emery, like I would have supported Arteta. Rumors say Arteta rejected the job due to lack of control over transfers. Does that mean Emery accepted those terms? If so, I wonder for him o!
He will eventually get control if he wins games. He has a good squad. Just need to fix the defense and build a mentally tough side that won't fold if they are hit in the gut.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cally wrote:I thought that these guys would have had a clue on who to replace Wenger with before letting him go like that.

Emery just got done working under similar conditions at PSG....even worse considering he had to deal with Neymar.
He's a good coach, the things that bother me about him are more mental things. With him, one day his side can build a 4-0 first leg lead, then throw it away the next by inexplicably losing 6-1...that tie was the very epitome of what can happen with Emery. He is a GOOD coach, you just have to know what you're getting.

I'm choosing to say this now so that later, some will not cry like they're crying about Ozil i.e. crying about buying something that isn't exactly as you expected it to be.

If Arsenal lets him focus on the football side, great football will be back on the menu but I am not sure he's the guy to break Pep Guardiola.....his Sevilla sides played superb football but barca or Real always won....richer sides.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

platinum wrote:

Emery just got done working under similar conditions at PSG....even worse considering he had to deal with Neymar.
He's a good coach, the things that bother me about him are more mental things. With him, one day his side can build a 4-0 first leg lead, then throw it away the next by inexplicably losing 6-1...that tie was the very epitome of what can happen with Emery. He is a GOOD coach, you just have to know what you're getting.

I'm choosing to say this now so that later, some will not cry like they're crying about Ozil i.e. crying about buying something that isn't exactly as you expected it to be.

If Arsenal lets him focus on the football side, great football will be back on the menu but I am not sure he's the guy to break Pep Guardiola.....his Sevilla sides played superb football but barca or Real always won....richer sides.
Solid points, thanks, Plat.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:

What a response :laugh: :laugh: Please throw us some more nuggets of wisdom, genius :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:Club confirms Cazorla is moving on.

A solid hat tip to an extremely gifted player.
Sad it has to be this way. One of my favorite players to watch. Goodluck in his future endeavors.
I am deeply saddened. To me, one of the very best players i've been opportuned to watch play the game. I will be following him and supporting him everywhere he goes for the rest of his career.

God bless you, Santi.
Word! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hopefully Emery will learn from his experiences at PSG. He is still young for a manager.

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:

Sad it has to be this way. One of my favorite players to watch. Goodluck in his future endeavors.
I am deeply saddened. To me, one of the very best players i've been opportuned to watch play the game. I will be following him and supporting him everywhere he goes for the rest of his career.

God bless you, Santi.
Waffi, thoughts on Emery?

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm So it could really be Emery?

Hmmmm ok oh ... Good Coach but we will see if he is the right fit for Arsenal
He is exactly what the current team at Arsenal need.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Give Emery a chance... Looks like they wanted a Spaniard ... and no more Frenchmen ... Interesting choice.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:

God bless you, Santi.
The low down to all of this is, both Vieira and Arteta backed out due to how little say they have in team affairs. Rumours are, the team are very disappointed in Arteta cos he upped his demands and played hard ball when they thought it was all done.

Chief Exe Ivan Gazidis, head of recruitment Sven Mislintat and head of football relations Raul Sanllehi will be making all the big decisions in the future at Arsenal. They need a 'Yes Man' at best or a Committe man at worst. They got the former.

Henry made a pitch for the job, but was not considered.

Unai Emery was the only candidate left ready to work with the team on their terms.

He is used to working under such conditions, he did it at Sevilla, where he was under the best 'Director of football' currently in the game - Monchi, he was very successful there. Monchi since moved on to Roma.

Did alright at PSG, but was undermined by the big players. They called him, 'little puppet'. He will be a puppet at Arsenal, let's not BS about that, but I don't think he will be a little one. I think he will be a big strong one.

But he is a brilliant Coach and I respect him. I take him over Arteta. I am also more optimistic under him.

This leaves Steve Bould, wanted to leave cos he has offers, if Arteta or Vieira got the job. Arsenal refused to rekease him from his contract until the new Coaching position eas sorted. I think he will stay if Unai Emery gets the job.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Welcome Unai Emery. I am glad the decision was made early.
He needs to start work ASAP.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Nkume wrote:
platinum wrote:
OK. He has my support. Welcome to Arsenal. :thumb:
Was my number 1 choice from day 1 to replace AW long term, it will be fantastic if the club can secure him.

This will be a excellent move.....the one thing you know with Emery is you will get good attacking football played in a harmonius environment. And he has won a few trophies along the way.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Unai Emery won three Europa Leagues on the bounce with Seville, then a treble with PSG, but he has detractors because he did not win the CL with PSG. But Pep has has won it since he left Barca, and his City team cost more than PSG’s - does that mean he is not a top coach anymore?

I love winners, one reason I defended Wenger to the end. Emery is a proven winner and we are lucky to get him. I am just glad we have such a winning Coach.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

One Basque over another. There'll be a lot of noise about his Sevilla achievements but capitulation of PSG to Barca & loss in a different yr to Real Madrid have come to define Unai Emery. PSG lacked mentality & discipline - how does he restore those qualities to Arsenal!!!
Cold feet by Gazidis & the board in the last hrs tells me it's all about the Optics - really hope I am wrong.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
platinum wrote:
OK. He has my support. Welcome to Arsenal. :thumb:
Was my number 1 choice from day 1 to replace AW long term, it will be fantastic if the club can secure him.

This will be a excellent move.....the one thing you know with Emery is you will get good attacking football played in a harmonius environment. And he has won a few trophies along the way.
Like Wenger, he tries to bring harmony within the group. He plays politics and has a reputation of bending to strong players. At PSG, he was mocked for this cos players went to the Owners and got into the team. He will not have to worry about being undermined by players at Arsenal.

His football is attacking but with the edge Wenger's early teams had. Seville players were not Angels. I welcome this appointment.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:

God bless you, Santi.
The low down to all of this is, both Vieira and Arteta backed out due to how little say they have in team affairs. Rumours are, the team are very disappointed in Arteta cos he upped his demands and played hard ball when they thought it was all done.

Chief Exe Ivan Gazidis, head of recruitment Sven Mislintat and head of football relations Raul Sanllehi will be making all the big decisions in the future at Arsenal. They need a 'Yes Man' at best or a Committe man at worst. They got the former.

Henry made a pitch for the job, but was not considered.

Unai Emery was the only candidate left ready to work with the team on their terms.

He is used to working under such conditions, he did it at Sevilla, where he was under the best 'Director of football' currently in the game - Monchi, he was very successful there. Monchi since moved on to Roma.

Did alright at PSG, but was undermined by the big players. They called him, 'little puppet'. He will be a puppet at Arsenal, let's not BS about that, but I don't think he will be a little one. I think he will be a big strong one.

But he is a brilliant Coach and I respect him. I take him over Arteta. I am also more optimistic under him.

This leaves Steve Bould, wanted to leave cos he has offers, if Arteta or Vieira got the job. Arsenal refused to rekease him from his contract until the new Coaching position eas sorted. I think he will stay if Unai Emery gets the job.
Hi both,

Now the club have my attention again, Emery can carry forward a lot of the values die hard Wenger fans like myself value so much.
He is a proven winner as well.
To God be the glory