Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0 LIVE

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:The major positive for me over this 2 matches is Chidozie Awaziem. He has been impeccable at the back, winning tackles and headers and distributing the ball from the back. He showed today why Boavista made him captain as he marshalled the defence alongside the rookie, Ozornwafor to keep the likes of Choupo-Moting and Ekambi, top rated strikers quiet.
I hope he gets a better club than Boavista in the summer, he's finally starting to fulfil the potentials we all saw when he emerged at Porto.
Dammy,

Awaziem did nothing different today that he had not done in the past. The mystery is why he has always been benched for both Ekong and Balogun and Omeruo? I had always stated, as far back as 3 years ago that he is best central defender on the SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

vancity eagle wrote:
niyi wrote:What a mess. Cameroon fielded a weaker team in this game and performed better than the last game. One coach won and got better, the other coach lost the game and some how got worse.

It’s not the players, it’s Rohr. I’ve seen many versions of the Super Eagles, never seen anything this timid and non-progressive.

You guys are your LIES.

Nigeria was the better team in both matches, and we improved today.

Anything to get Rohr out I guess.
Baba I weak oh. It is like I didn't see the same game these guys saw. Anyways it is all about agendas. If you don't like Rohr and want him out, his team will be rubbish to you no matter what.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

deanotito wrote:
Dammy wrote:The major positive for me over this 2 matches is Chidozie Awaziem. He has been impeccable at the back, winning tackles and headers and distributing the ball from the back. He showed today why Boavista made him captain as he marshalled the defence alongside the rookie, Ozornwafor to keep the likes of Choupo-Moting and Ekambi, top rated strikers quiet.
I hope he gets a better club than Boavista in the summer, he's finally starting to fulfil the potentials we all saw when he emerged at Porto.
Sorry, but for which world Chupo-Moting be "top rated striker"?
In the world where he has played for 2 of the top 10 European clubs over the last 2 season. Not world class but highly rated.

Glad for Awaziem, he is my favorite SE defender, and he is also very versatile. He had his first poor game away vs Lesotho, but the dude is gold. Shehu should have no business in the team and Ajayi has no business playing in the middle due to Awaziem's versatility (He can play on the right and as a defensive midfielder)
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote:Rohr is useless. At least we know not to mention players like Moffi, Marcus, and all the other average players in low level league on this board again.
Your last statement was on point, but your first sentence is out of left field at best. You know, this is more of a tryout to evaluate new talents. So, I'm not sure how a coach is useless during tryouts, especially when he's coaching or fielding players he has never seen or work with before. Rohr is not Jesus my brother :D , it's only Jesus that can turn water into wine :) !
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0

Post by Enugu II »

On the following players:

Kai, Anayo was rubbish in my view today even in just a few minutes. This is perhaps his poorest game. He seemed so flustered. A shock considering how confident he had been previous games. Misstrapping a ball was surprising given his excellent control previously.

Iwobi? He was the dominant SE player in helping create most of the attack.

Abraham Marcus? In my view, this kid definitely belongs. I like his game. He had one miscued pass but in my opinion it was hardly his fault. If the expected recipient had been more anticipatory then the defense could have been exposed with the pass down the right. Thumbs up, in my view.

Terem Moffi? He is going to need more games ut he did nothing to think that he will start for the SE. However, he was to awful.

Musa? For me, if this did not make it clear, nothing ever will. Musa has long past his usefulness for Nigeria. Nothing else to add. Let him have his century ofd games but after that, it should be good bye.

BTW, why exactly did Rohr not use up his allotment subs? Big mystery. Was this game result that important that additional players could not be used?
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robotnik wrote:Strikers, a combined over 70 goals in Europe this season, cannot score a goal in 180mins vs Cameroon.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you go wait tire oo, these enemies of progress are ignoring that part , nah only Lesotho we get power against
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

truetalk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sorry, but for which world Chupo-Moting be "top rated striker"?
In the world where he has played for 2 of the top 10 European clubs over the last 2 season. Not world class but highly rated.

Glad for Awaziem, he is my favorite SE defender, and he is also very versatile. He had his first poor game away vs Lesotho, but the dude is gold. Shehu should have no business in the team and Ajayi has no business playing in the middle due to Awaziem's versatility (He can play on the right and as a defensive midfielder)
That just means, at some point in his life, he was promising. But when you look at production, he is neither "top" or "highly" rated right now.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Robbynice wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
niyi wrote:What a mess. Cameroon fielded a weaker team in this game and performed better than the last game. One coach won and got better, the other coach lost the game and some how got worse.

It’s not the players, it’s Rohr. I’ve seen many versions of the Super Eagles, never seen anything this timid and non-progressive.

You guys are your LIES.

Nigeria was the better team in both matches, and we improved today.

Anything to get Rohr out I guess.
Baba I weak oh. It is like I didn't see the same game these guys saw. Anyways it is all about agendas. If you don't like Rohr and want him out, his team will be rubbish to you no matter what.
Well said bro :agree: .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bros, so you think this team is the same as when we have Aribo, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Balogun, Akpeyi, and Ebuehi in the lineup? Iwobi had to drop all the way to the defence to get balls today. If Aribo was available, would that have been the case? Rohr must go, but our main team is much stronger than the team paraded in these friendlies.
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:I think Cameroon has showed how to beat Nigeria though. That's all I go say for now
But this is not the Nigerian team any team will face in a competive match.
Bro, honestly, if Nigeria does not start Osimhen - someone that can actually hurt you on the break - this is exactly the Nigerian team you will face.

For Nigeria to counter, we need a viable attacking midfielder. We don't have one

I would encourage Rohr to learn from Cameroon's set up in this game. I didn't watch Game 1, so I can only speak to this one.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Let me go calm down then come back and post.

First half 0/10
Second half 6.5/10

I’ll be back.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am not at all worried about how the team will play.

My only worry is we do not have a good backup for Ndidi

My other worry is that we will continue to carry around dead woods (Musa, Abdullahi, Iwuala) at the expense of better players.

Also continuing to have faith in Onuachu to start matches will always dissapoint.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:Bros, so you think this team is the same as when we have Aribo, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Balogun, Akpeyi, and Ebuehi in the lineup? Iwobi had to drop all the way to the defence to get balls today. If Aribo was available, would that have been the case? Rohr must go, but our main team is much stronger than the team paraded in these friendlies.
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:I think Cameroon has showed how to beat Nigeria though. That's all I go say for now
But this is not the Nigerian team any team will face in a competive match.
Bro, honestly, if Nigeria does not start Osimhen - someone that can actually hurt you on the break - this is exactly the Nigerian team you will face.

For Nigeria to counter, we need a viable attacking midfielder. We don't have one

I would encourage Rohr to learn from Cameroon's set up in this game. I didn't watch Game 1, so I can only speak to this one.
The same? No. Appreciably different if a competent team deploys Cameroon's tactics? No. Osimhen is the game changer.

Iwobi essentially played the Aribo/Etebo role...so if you think Iwobi played well - as many do - what difference would Aribo starting make?

I am fan of Ebuehi so I will concede a little for him.

I take it the Akpeyi inclusion was 1naija trying to get a rise out of the board :lol:
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this team will not make or win any AFCON with this fake coach
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Sometimes when I watch a game on then see the chat on CE, I pinch myself just to make sure I’m not imagining things.
I’m not saying we were world class, but that was a really useful friendly again and showed we are making progress, trying things out.
Today we had Iwobi playing deeper and affecting the game more.
Awaziem played himself into contention as one of our centre-halves
Moses showed his a full back option, especially if we want to press
Lots of fringe players got a chance to show their skills.
And as usual, we showed that this generation of SE is the most organised in our history. The shape was always held.

Lots of things didn’t come off. But that’s what games like this are for.

But reading this thread, I’m wondering if I watched a different game, or if people were expecting a tournament performance.

Strange.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Ugbowo wrote:Let me go calm down then come back and post.

First half 0/10
Second half 6.5/10

I’ll be back.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Watch the match again with no tension before you come back and post.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIFwMi0i3Bw[/video]

compare ...smh... and **** has been in charge for 6 years
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote:Sometimes when I watch a game on then see the chat on CE, I pinch myself just to make sure I’m not imagining things.
I’m not saying we were world class, but that was a really useful friendly again and showed we are making progress, trying things out.
And as usual, we showed that this generation of SE is the most organised in our history. The shape was always held.

But reading this thread, I’m wondering if I watched a different game, or if people were expecting a tournament performance.

Strange.

kpom bros.

People here have an agenda to sack Rohr at all costs, they resort to lying outright.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Did Iheanacho play in midfield?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:this team will not make or win any AFCON with this fake coach
But the team already made the AFCON with the so called fake coach. He made it with a game or so in hand too... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
waka-man wrote:Sometimes when I watch a game on then see the chat on CE, I pinch myself just to make sure I’m not imagining things.

Strange.

kpom bros.

People here have an agenda to sack Rohr at all costs, they resort to lying outright.
Pinnick I heard you
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Strange.
Baba E shock you too... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It is all agenda driven. It has been like that since imo river (immemorial) way before Rohr and it will be like that after Rohr. As the saying goes it is what it is. It is a shame though, a damn shame if you ask me...smh

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Strange.
I watched England play 2 friendlies at home against Austria and Romania with back-up players winning both games 1-0, the 2nd with a dubious penalty. Both games were disjointed and England was lucky to win but that is the point of this friendlies with non regulars.
Awaziem has made a strong case for himself and the likes of Iwuala, Marcus and Moffi did not do enough to make a strong case for themselves.
Playing Musa was like minus one and he's going to damage his legacy if he continues like this. He should take time off national team duties until he sorts himself out, if ever.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The same Kelechi that is a dominant goalscorer in the EPL is playing in the midfield for Rohr. Not scoring for Nigeria. Shame on Pinnick and the other people that have forced the fraud of a coach on Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx