SWAN AND NIGERIA REFEREE WHICH ASSOCIATION IS MOST CORRUPT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Instead of addressing the issue of this thread you feel just because you are an executive member of SWAN it's okay for it to be corrupt. No wonder things are the way they are...what a shame...

tribalfootball.com wrote:Well, I am an excutive member of SWAN in my state

Yes swan is corrupt but we still have a lot to be happy with.

It is the total reflection og the Nigerian society .

Which assocaition in Nigeria is not corrupt.

Regards
Last edited by MI5 on Wed May 12, 2004 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

ofilis wrote:I am truly ashamed and embarrassed at the state of journalism in Nigeria. While there were a few hacks amongst us then, it was never this bad. It is just pathetic what these so called journalists are doing to the profession.
Well said, Oga Ofilis. It looks like the door of alma matter has been opened again.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

tribalfootball.com wrote:Well, I am an excutive member of SWAN in my state

Yes swan is corrupt but we still have a lot to be happy with.

It is the total reflection og the Nigerian society .

Which assocaition in Nigeria is not corrupt.

Regards
I stayed away from this thread for personal reasons. However, reading the above comment forced me to break my silence. Without any malice, I have to say to you, tribalfootball.com, that your statement is just plain dumb. It just further shows how a once-prestigious profession is being dragged in the mud. I am curious to know what you are happy about. The fact that you walk around and get accussed of being "brown envelope journalist"? Or the fact that your members wine and dine with players'a agents, NFA officials, Sport ministry officials who "settle them to write stories"? The fact that your members lift stories words for words from Internet sites? Please tell me the "lot to be happy with" ....
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

TRIBALFOOTBALL, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BE HAPPY WITH SWAN IS A DISGRACE ASSOCIATION THERE IS NO DIFFERENT BETWEEN AREA BOYS AND SWAN THEY ARE ALL BEGGARS PERIOD
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

TOXICARROW, YOU SAID IT ALL THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THE ASSOCIATION HAS BECOME A BEGGARS CLUB AND LOBBYIST PEOPLE LIKE PAUL BASSEY, MUYIWA DANIEL, FAN NDUBOKE, EMEKA IYAMA, KUNLE SOLANA, CHARLES OJUGBANA, SEGUN ODUNUGA, ARE SOME BAD EGGS IN SWAN
S--------STEAL
W-------WHAT
A----------AVAILABLE
N------------NOW
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

SWAN are crooks and will always be crooks.
Soldier of Fortune...
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

M15, YOU THINK THIS PEOPLE GO CHANGE NEVER YOU NO WHY BECAUSE OF DOLLARS, BEER, PEPPER SOUP AND WOMAN, THOSE SWAN MEMBER SABI WOMANISE IF YOU GO TO COCONUT GROVE FOR OJUELEGBA NA THERE BE their HOUSE OR CATERBEST INSIDE NATIONAL STADIUM THOSE PEOPLE SHAME NO DE THERE BODY
Last edited by omo-eko on Thu May 13, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Shame on those yeye bad journalists. They are nothing a but a bunch of pepper soup/beer parlour drinkers.

omo-eko wrote:M15, YOU THINK THIS PEOPLE GO CHANGE NEVER YOU NO WHY BECAUSE OF DOLLARS, BEER, PEPPER SOUP AND WOMAN, THOSE SWAN MEMBER SABI WOMANISE IF YOU GO TO COCONUT GROVE FOR OJUELEGBA NA THERE BE HOUSE OR CATERBEST INSIDE NATIONAL STADIUM THOSE PEOPLE SHAME NO DE THERE BODY
Soldier of Fortune...
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

m15, yes they are pepper soup and beer parlour drinkers association of nigeria and not swan
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

From The Sun

Referees boss, Yabilsu, fights back, says...‘Some retrogressive members are just out to rubbish my leadership’
By OJIEVA EHIOSUN
Thursday, May 13, 2004
Yabilsu
By Sun News Publishing
Sports Index
As the internal war currently ravaging the Nigeria Referees Association (NRA) climaxes with nobody ready to surrender, the embattled incumbent president of the association, Col. Dogo Yabilsu, has said that his enemies and critics would be put to shame if they continued with their "pull him down" campaign against his administration.

"Some retrogressive members of this noble association are intentionally doing things just to rubbish my leadership. Even those that eat and drink with me have become my worst critics, he told Daily Sunsport:

"There is no organisation in the world that does not have one problem or the other but the ability to resolve whatever differences is what matters.
"Ever before I became the NRA president, I had held several positions in various organisations. So, I know what it entails to be a leader.

“Therefore, I can not just understand why some disgruntled elements want to ruin me.
"If anybody or group of persons feel that Yabilsu has done some bad things to them, they should be bold enough to face me, but not remaining in their sitting rooms to criticise me or pay some group of sports journalists to run me down because this does not tell good of us.
"I think it is high time we stopped writing negative stories about fellow human beings.
"Being a military man does not make one a fool and I am not a baby president. I have paid my dues in this field ; so, there should be some elements of respect for me as the president.

"Therefore, I will not close my eyes to watch some people destroy the good reputation we have built. Those who are fighting themselves in NRA know why they are doing so. For me, there are more important things to do than get myself involved in meaningless things.
"The Nigeria Referees Association should stop washing their dirty linens in public. Whoever is offended should come to the body rather than disgracing himself on the pages of newspapers.
"But for me, I’m ready to use our constitution to deal with anyone or group of persons who want to destabilise this association that has been in existence even before some of them were born."

On the coming NRA election, Yabilsu explained: "The post is not anybody’s personal property. After all, somebody was here before me and somebody will definitely take over from me." So, when the time for election comes, qualified and eligible interested members will surely be given the opportunity to contest at all levels, but for who succeeds me or not, it is the election and votes of the people that will speak for the person.
However, I want to say that whatever the problem is, the association must surely find a solution to it.
"I’m not afraid of criticisms , but people should not base their criticisms on sentiment. After all, I learnt from criticisms and I continue to do my best for the growth of the association."

"Some retrogressive members of this noble association are intentionally doing things just to rubbish my leadership. Even those that eat and drink with me have become my worst critics.”
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923