SE Clinic: Injuries & Updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndidi injured!

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:one thing to note ndidi has played way too many games this season. he needs rest
Rohr has already alluded to this even before today's game and is taking appropriate action:

EXCLUSIVE: Rohr Reveals How Ndidi Will Be Kept Fresh, Fit For World Cup
3 April 25, 2018 5:00 pm

By Kayode Ogundare:

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will undergo a special training programme at the Super Eagles’ pre-World Cup training camp, according to national team coach Gernot Rohr.

In an exclusive interview with Completesportsnigeria.com, Rohr revealed his fears of possible burnout for the 21-year old midfielder who has played a total of 43 games this season for club and country.

“Ndidi is playing so many games without the benefit of a Christmas break or holiday. I talked to his manager Claude Puel to give him a break after our two friendly games in which we also needed him to play so we couldn’t rest him. The manager listened to my appeal and gave him one match to rest which I don’t think was enough,” Rohr told CSN.

Rohr has therefore devised a means of keeping the player in top shape ahead of the first Russia 2018 game against Croatia on June 16.

“The good thing however is that Ndidi is young and committed so I believe he will recover quickly,” Rohr explained to CSN. “We plan to give him one week break after his club’s last game of the season before he will join up with the national team. Then we will start a specific programme for him to allow him recover fully before the first game against Croatia.”

Ndidi has played 32 of his team’s 34 Premier League games this season, missing two games as a result of suspension, three FA Cup games and twice in the English Football League Cup. He also played six games for Nigeria since the start of the season, making him one of the busiest players going to the World Cup.

The former KRC Genk of Belgium star, who has been rated the best tackler in the English Premier League, has played 15 times for the Super Eagles since making his debut and is one of just three players to play in each of Nigeria’s six World Cup qualifying games on the way to Russia 2018.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/e ... world-cup/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:o

Hope it is not serious.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Get well soon! That 35 man List is very important in case of injuries to our top guys.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Rumors of Puel, being fired.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Tbite wrote:haba somebody tell these players to take it easy, the European Season is essentially concluded.

Ndidi has already made a case for himself for both club and country, bobo should just be in cruise control.

abeg no injuries. Moses....cruise control abeg.

Ok e remain FA Cup and 4th place for Chelski...but others cruise abeg.
Wait...you changed back to Arsenal fan?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My thoughts and prayers with Wilfred...hope it’s just a slight knock
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ed-1512189

Lets pray he will come back in 4-6 weeks. But it is not looking good.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He will be okay.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Balogun is injured again

Post by Cmoke »

Hopefully our players no really wound!

Cmoke
Cmoke wrote:Our players are getting smarter,

Who wan wound b4 world cup!

Shorunmu break hand playing for his club just b4 WC.

Once you wound small, comot yourself!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Please our forum MD's what is the average time of recovery from Hamstring . I mean in worst case scenario . Judging from what you have heard what do you all think ? Honestly I had this trepidation that such calamity was about to happen with one of our key players. Let's pray fervently my trepidation does not come to pass.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi Injured

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/w ... an-united/

Hamstring! Maybe it’ll be a good idea for him and Ndidi to sit out the England game. Yes, let them thrash us 4- 0 for the queen. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Iwobi Injured

Post by ohenhen1 »

1 month is enough time to recover from a hamstring injury.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Iwobi 's goal rate is absolutely horrendous for a forward in the epl for as many games as he has played. Dude has 2 goals n 23 games. Same number of goals Kolasinic has even though he's started far fewer games.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iwobi 's goal rate is absolutely horrendous for a forward in the with as many games as he has played. Dude had 2 goals n 23 games. Same among of goals Kolasinic has even though he's started far fewer games.
How many assists?

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iwobi 's goal rate is absolutely horrendous for a forward in the with as many games as he has played. Dude had 2 goals n 23 games. Same among of goals Kolasinic has even though he's started far fewer games.
Should be better for sure, his progress has definitely stagnated at club level, but hopefully it doesn't affect his SE form.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
Should be better for sure, his progress has definitely stagnated at club level, but hopefully it doesn't affect his SE form.
He's timid and unwilling to take the bull by the horn. I'm afraid that he might disappear into obscurity without Wenger. I'd start Musa and Simon ahead of him in Russia.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
He's timid and unwilling to take the bull by the horn. I'm afraid that he might disappear into obscurity without Wenger. I'd start Musa and Simon ahead of him in Russia.
He is not exactly a forward in a classical sense
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
SE Clinic: Injuries & Updates

Post by Damunk »

Cant find the latest on Ezenwa....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Sir V wrote:https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ed-1512189

Hamstring injury is always trouble. The moment you come out of it, apart from lingering in the mind for a while, any stretching beyind normal in tackles, jumping for headers etc, there is always the risk of tweaking it again thereby affecting fitness levels. The good thing is that Ndidi is young and recovery in the young is often quick and total. In my own last days of active football (amateur), it was the recurring hamstring injury that put an end to it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Goldleaf wrote:

Hamstring injury is always trouble. The moment you come out of it, apart from lingering in the mind for a while, any stretching beyind normal in tackles, jumping for headers etc, there is always the risk of tweaking it again thereby affecting fitness levels. The good thing is that Ndidi is young and recovery in the young is often quick and total. In my own last days of active football (amateur), it was the recurring hamstring injury that put an end to it.
I think players have become smarter now, once they feel tightness around the harmmy they simply pull up and stop. As long as it is not a tear, a couple of weeks rest clears it off...3-4 weeks rest. He should be okay for the WC hopefully. He needs that rest and i am happy his body has forced him to take it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

I think players have become smarter now, once they feel tightness around the harmmy they simply pull up and stop. As long as it is not a tear, a couple of weeks rest clears it off...3-4 weeks rest. He should be okay for the WC hopefully. He needs that rest and i am happy his body has forced him to take it.
I watched the game, and I believe the tightness started since the first half when he stretched for one tackle. After which could see him hold the back of his tight a little, then limp a little, later in the half he started stomping his leg into the ground when the play was further, and I'm like this boy better not continue, and if so he better not come out for the second half. But there might be pressure on him as the team doesn't have any midfield option close to his standard at all
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Oloye,

Did you suffer hamstring injuries too? I assume from stretching and sliding tackles (which is meat and drink for CBs), you would have.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:
oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Oloye,

Did you suffer hamstring injuries too? I assume from stretching and sliding tackles (which is meat and drink for CBs), you would have.
Na groin our Dean, Oloye, dey pull those days on Saturday games. Na only God know wetin dem do for Friday night. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?