We Hve A Problem. How Far Do U Think We Go? 2nd Rnd Imposs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MYMIND
Egg
Egg
Re: We Hve A Problem. How Far Do U Think We Go? 2nd Rnd Impo

Post by MYMIND »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
john12 wrote:Do you honestly expect us to beat a team with the likes of
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Even if we exit at the first round, it shouldn’t be surprising because Croatia has better players than us
Yes
With goodluck why not?
it won't be with good luck.

And your Crook will be at home watching the game, stuffing his rotten mouth with okra, as he realizes that Nigerians have forgotten him, and he is now a nobody.
Thus far, he is being missed. No way Enyeama would have let these goals in the past few weeks in as cheaply as Uzoho.
Like the Angola goal in Kano when he was in his prime and we badly needed a win in that game?
Last edited by MYMIND on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

platinum wrote:Have you seen Argentina's problems????

Iceland too. And Croatia. ALL three have major issues especially Argentina.

You're looking at this from only green lenses Larry.
The fact that Argentina has been playing the likes of Haiti and Isreal says something. Anyway, Rohr is on the right path but time isn't on his side. He just needs to swap Mikel and Iwobi positionally and shift Moses to RWB if sticking with 352.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Larry,

My take is a bit different. The main problem I see with this team is two-fold:

1. Obi Mikel. I think he is a cog in the wheel up front. No way should he be playing behind the striker(s) - he is WAY too slow. He also hangs onto the ball for way too long - taking unnecessary extra touches on the ball. He is one of the main reasons whey Ms. Ighalo keeps finding himself in an offside position - ball is released far too late. Mikel needs to be told by Rohr to play the role he played at Chelsea - DM. With both himself and Ndidi sitting in front of the back 3, I believe that would help our leaking midfield. Iwobi and Etebo should be the preferred options for the 'playmaker' role - they certainly don't dilly dally unnecessarily on the ball (like Mikel does)!

2. Victor Moses. This guy has been pathetic in his play so far. I went back to see his games in the 2014 WC in Brazil and nothing has changed (he had a poor outing there also). I really think Rohr needs to have him play where he plays for Chelsea - i.e. wingback. Dude is poor playing as a striker - hugs the ball and his first instinct is to dribble, instead of finding the open man. Between the England and the Czech game, there were many times he lost the ball because of trying to take an extra touch or trying to dribble his man, when a simple touch pass would have been the intelligent thing to do. He could be a very frustrating player to watch.

I have never been an Ighalo fan (I don't think he offers enough as a striker) and would have loved to have seen more of Simy. Unfortunately, Rohr has decided to hang his hat on Ighalo. Playing him upfront as the lone striker (as we have seen in both recent games - including the Congo game) is a recipe for disaster for Nigeria. Dude cannot score! Also, Rohr would need to respond quicker to the changing fortunes of the team during games. His insisting on playing a hapless Ighalo, Moses and Obi were concerning. Also, without question, the loss of Simon Moses is HUGE, as there really isn't anyone else on the team that can provide the wide play options he could. Real sad he couldn't make it.

Overall, we need to prepare ourselves for the potential reality of a disappointing WC outing, this time around. We will be very fortunate if we don't go three and out.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Even if we exit at the first round, it shouldn’t be surprising because Croatia has better players than us
Yes and we will. We've done it in the past. It would have been nice to have won a few games before Russia, for our confidence though.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 94 and 98 we lost our friendlies but still advanced to the second round. These games are showing Rohr our weaknesses and his mistakes. His stubborness is one big problem!
Conversely we won our friendlies in 02 against Scotland and Ireland and yet bombed at JapKor.

Moral of the story, these results could mean something, and they could mean nothing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Yes
With goodluck why not?

And your Crook will be at home watching the game, stuffing his rotten mouth with okra, as he realizes that Nigerians have forgotten him, and he is now a nobody.
Thus far, he is being missed. No way Enyeama would have let these goals in the past few weeks in as cheaply as Uzoho.
So long as he is missed from far away! Like I said, he will NEVER play for us again, NEVER! You can continue to miss him away from us.

We thank him for the 4 world cups and 8 Nations Cup he won for us. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Yes
With goodluck why not?

the 23 have been picked, stop with this kind of talk.

Uzoho was EXCELLENT today.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MYMIND wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Yes
With goodluck why not?

Like the Angola goal in Kano when he was in his prime and we badly needed a win in that game?
And you people wonder why I despise Enyeama and his crooked sycophants? They had only one mission-- to make sure their client gets 5 world cups! These people have absolutely zero interest in Nigeria's success.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Yes
With goodluck why not?

And you people wonder why I despise Enyeama and his crooked sycophants? They had only one mission-- to make sure their client gets 5 world cups! These people have absolutely zero interest in Nigeria's success.
Bros, chill na!

Enyeama does not even have 4 World Cups yet.
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

Last 5 matches -all rubbish

Lucky against Poland. The team played rubbish
Serbia-rubbish-lost
Dr Congo-draw with rubbish play
England-lost
Czech rep-lost again

This is a first round team
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 94 and 98 we lost our friendlies but still advanced to the second round. These games are showing Rohr our weaknesses and his mistakes. His stubborness is one big problem!
Yes ooo. His stubbornness of not allowing crooked agents pick his team for him!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:After watching today's match of Nigeria v Czech Republic.

I identified the following major problems.

1. We cannot defend set piece.
2. Our free kicks and corner kicks were poorly delivered by Victor Mosees.
3. Kelechi Iheanacho took over free kicks and corner kicks duties and he was equally poor with his deliveries
4. I would have started the match with Simmy Nwankwo today since he did not feature against England and see what he can do because Rohr has already seen too much of Ighalo.
5. Why is John Ogu playing left back, I don't understand. Is this a new formation or someone is injured.
6. We cannot score goals.
7. We don't have world class strikers.
8. Services to strikers are ZERO.

I have already bought all my tickets, hotel etc but I don't have confidence on this team doing very well in Russia.

I don't have any expectations and I will NOT be disappointed with the Super Eagles should they perform poorly.

I am going to Russia to enjoy the atmosphere and the jamboree and be prepared for BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

If we get to the 2nd round, in my opinion, then that should be considered as winning the world cup.

I hope that I am wrong and I would like us to win the world cup.

How Far Do U Think We Go?

Let's hear your take on it.
From the start I know that getting out of the group stage will require a miracle. There is a reason why we are the lowest ranked team in the group.

I also know that we like to trivialize the achievements of previous coaches like Keshi. Time now for our FC who was provided with all he asked for to earn his pay. Anything less than QF is a failure.

I hope that this tournament will show that we got no world class player but with a TEAM of hungry and committed players, we can achieve success.

Nothing surprising so far! None of the concerns are new. Who is the striker to replace Ighalo for example?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The funny thing is that after the England match every coach here wanted the team to play 3-5-2 even though we don't have the personnel

Let's ask ourselves who are the core players in this team....

Keeper.......Uzoho

CB.......Ekong.......Leon

Midfielder.....Ndidi, Mikel

Wingers...Moses..........Iwobi

Striker.........Kelechi (for me)

Why don't we play them where they are comfortable

...........Uzoho.........

Shehu....Leon...Ekong.....Uwe

Moses....Ndidi.....Mikel......Iwobi

............Kelechi....Ighalo......

Or
................Uzoho.............

Ebuehi....Leon......Ekong.....omeruo.....idowu

......................Ndidi................

Moses..........Mikel.................Iwobi

..................Kelechi...............

Even better the formation that got us here.....(if it ain't broke...)

Shehu........Leon.........Ekong..........Uwe/idowu

...........Ndidi........Ogu/Obi/Onazi(prefer Ogu can go to make back 3)

Moses............Mikel.................Iwobi

................Kelechi.................

Today our wing play was nonexistent until Ebuehi came on.....isolated the fullbacks with Moses or Iwobi. I know who my money is on.

Stop this Iwobi in the middle rubbish, he can do that after the WC or drop Mikel and play him and then u are left with Musa or even idowu
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: In 94 and 98 we lost our friendlies but still advanced to the second round. These games are showing Rohr our weaknesses and his mistakes. His stubborness is one big problem!
KPAM! Many times in the past, we didn't done well in friendly matches while heading to the World cup, maybe the same thing is happening here. In all, I hope that is the case, else ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Oga platinum,

Everyone in life has problems and challenges.

Just as much as we know about the alleged problem in Argentina's, Iceland's and Croatia's camps, we have to focus purely on our own problems and not get distracted with other country's palavers.
platinum wrote:Have you seen Argentina's problems????

Iceland too. And Croatia. ALL three have major issues especially Argentina.

You're looking at this from only green lenses Larry.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enyi wrote:The funny thing is that after the England match every coach here wanted the team to play 3-5-2 even though we don't have the personnel

Keeper.......Uzoho

Or

Today our wing play was nonexistent until Ebuehi came on.....isolated the fullbacks with Moses or Iwobi. I know who my money is on.

Stop this Iwobi in the middle rubbish, he can do that after the WC or drop Mikel and play him and then u are left with Musa or even idowu
You can't partner Mikel and Ndidi in a 2 man midfield in a 442 set up and believe you will succeed. It won't work. We will be leaking goals left and right. What's needed is Mikel + Ndidi at the midfield base supporting Iwobi in the middle (not as a winger). If you want to go 4231 (Rohr's preference) no problem. Moses on one side and Kelechi on the other side with Ighalo as the lone #9. The problem with that is Kelechi will need to put in a defensive shift and I don't know whether he's capable in that respect. But at least it puts him on the field to start which is where he should be as our most potent scorer. I wouldn't start him as a lone striker only because Rohr sees his #9 as a 'point of reference' and Kelechi cannot play that role. Otherwise, he can start up front alongside Ighalo in a 352.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

green4life wrote:
Enyi wrote:The funny thing is that after the England match every coach here wanted the team to play 3-5-2 even though we don't have the personnel

Keeper.......Uzoho

Or

You can't partner Mikel and Ndidi in a 2 man midfield in a 442 set up and believe you will succeed. It won't work. We will be leaking goals left and right. What's needed is Mikel + Ndidi at the midfield base supporting Iwobi in the middle (not as a winger). If you want to go 4231 (Rohr's preference) no problem. Moses on one side and Kelechi on the other side with Ighalo as the lone #9. The problem with that is Kelechi will need to put in a defensive shift and I don't know whether he's capable in that respect. But at least it puts him on the field to start which is where he should be as our most potent scorer. I wouldn't start him as a lone striker only because Rohr sees his #9 as a 'point of reference' and Kelechi cannot play that role. Otherwise, he can start up front alongside Ighalo in a 352.
4-4-2 is a high press game, u start defending from the front, u cannot play 2strikers and have the opposition passing the ball in the backline, playing 4-4-2, u are saying that we are going to attack and the opposition will likely pack the bus.....

I believe the rest speaks for themselves.....

Rohr can't want a target man and then want to play the ball over the opposition for Ighalo to chase.....each time we have the ball, his back is facing the goal wanting the ball to feet.....u want to catch teams on the counter and have a striker that can press.....Kelechi is ur guy....fortunately he scores goals, he is the in form striker in the team.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enyi wrote:
green4life wrote:

Keeper.......Uzoho

Or

4-4-2 is a high press game, u start defending from the front, u cannot play 2strikers and have the opposition passing the ball in the backline, playing 4-4-2, u are saying that we are going to attack and the opposition will likely pack the bus.....

Rohr can't want a target man and then want to play the ball over the opposition for Ighalo to chase.....each time we have the ball, his back is facing the goal wanting the ball to feet.....u want to catch teams on the counter and have a striker that can press.....Kelechi is ur guy....fortunately he scores goals, he is the in form striker in the team.
Theoretically, you are correct but in reality, 442 doesn't work for our key players. A good coach is supposed to implement a set up that better utilizes its best players and 442 no be am for the super eagles going into this world cup. Our best formations are 4231/ 433 or 352.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

green4life wrote:
Enyi wrote:
green4life wrote:

Keeper.......Uzoho

Or

Theoretically, you are correct but in reality, 442 doesn't work for our key players. A good coach is supposed to implement a set up that better utilizes its best players and 442 no be am for the super eagles going into this world cup. Our best formations are 4231/ 433 or 352.
Those formation are above as well......

I think our failure in the friendlies is the fact that we forgo the fact that Iwobi,Simon(at home), Musa and Moses are primarily WINGERS.....

Iwobi may become a number 10 but now he can do more damage on the wings with his trickery and composure.......that's how we qualified!!!!!

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enyi wrote: Those formation are above as well......

I think our failure in the friendlies is the fact that we forgo the fact that Iwobi,Simon(at home), Musa and Moses are primarily WINGERS.....

Iwobi may become a number 10 but now he can do more damage on the wings with his trickery and composure.......that's how we qualified!!!!!
Only a blind man can't see that Iwobi is more comfortable and natural playing in the middle. Even when he plays wide, he drifts inside and usually doesn't provide the width required to stretch defense lines. His strength is he's super solid in possession, he's got good pace on the dribble and he plays with his head up looking for passing options. That is a description of an attacking midfielder. Join him with Ndidi and Mikel in the middle and we should be ok in midfield. Leave the wing for the Musa's, Moses and Kelechi's to do their thing.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

truetalk wrote:We will be good in Russia.

The loss of Simon is huge (I said so). It totally limits our offense. That extra dimension of being able to put him and Moses on different wings and let them switch wings at will and break with speed is lost.

Idowu might be limited going forward, but he is OK at the back, and he does pop up at the right spot in front to score the odd goal (mostly through picking up the scraps on offense.

Echiejile adds nothing to the team.

Aina would have been great.

Another guy who would have been great would have been Amuzie. Left footed, fast, crosses well and shoots well. Sometimes you have to look at the need of the team and give that a bigger consideration than where the guy plays. His club situation is much better than Elderson's too.

I'm saying all these because it would have been great to be able to get on the left, what Ebuehi is offering on the right. The ability to play with speed and width on both ends could be huge.
Finally, folks will now appreciate Moses Simon. The guy gives you width and purpose on both flanks. We don’t have any other player like him in camp.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Finally, folks will now appreciate Moses Simon. The guy gives you width and purpose on both flanks. We don’t have any other player like him in camp.
The ones who are not there are always the best...
There's a similar thread on Aina. Meanwhile on his best day, Simon is still behind Moses and Iwobi.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL