FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria - Argentina: NGA - Pre-Mat

Post by metalalloy »

LOL @ the Shaku Shaku questions. Idowu is pretty polished. He answered his questions very well
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

niyi wrote:what's the stuff about Victor Moses not contributing because he's not psychologically fit? He had an assist in the last match and defended well. Some Naija journos can ask stupid questions I swear.
Because it is our country, Nigerian Journalists will ask the most relevant questions to the team.

The foreign Journalists are just looking for sensational headlines (that are actually meaningless).

For example the question tabled to Idowu about Messi. A lot of outfits are using it now, sounds great, catchy, sensational..but what does it really mean? Nothing really.

The Nigerian Journalists are there with a different motive than their foreign counterparts.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

bushboy wrote:
niyi wrote:what's the stuff about Victor Moses not contributing because he's not psychologically fit? He had an assist in the last match and defended well. Some Naija journos can ask stupid questions I swear.
The journalist is 100% correct. Moses has been piss poor! Terrible in the last 4 games in a row! The assist he is credited with was a lucky one. His cross was pathetic, and it took excellent ball control from Musa to profit from it. Personally, I would like to see Ebuehi bench him at RWB with Idowu on the left.
Bench Moses for Tyrone? Nna stick to your day job biko !
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness the disrespect these pundits dey give us , my goodness...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Certain things one can deduce. We'll likely play the 3-5-2 with Mikel, Moses and Musa all starting. Idowu at the press conference might be a decoy because it might make it appear he will start. I think the plan is to start with the side that started the second half against Iceland, but will emphasis on fighting for the ball early in midfield so we don't draw them too close to our area to concede fouls. From his continued emphasis on fitness, there might be a plan to run them ragged. So everyone must be prepared to run from the first whistle down to the last minute. This also suggests there might be early or tactical changes to account for tiring players. If we are ahead by 2 in the first half, I fully expect Ogu to come in and help close out the game.

The strength of the squad will be tested today and I see a good game with a Nigeria victory. Don't rule out a nervous last 10 with them pulling a goal back and Iceland going ahead against Croatia (we being 2-0 up by then).
To stop trying is to start dying
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Come on it's game day, Lets go SE..fire burn the wicked
SuperEagles

uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg
Nigeria (-) vs Argentina (-) Match Thread

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Line Ups to yet be announced.

Nigeria XI: Uzoho, Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo, Idowu, Moses, Ndidi, Mikel, Etebo, Musa, Iheanacho

Substitutes:: Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Iwobi, Ebuehi, Shehu, Ighalo, Nwankwo, Onazi, Obi, Ogu, Awaziem, Echiejile

Argentina XI: Armani, Mercado, Tagliafico, Banega, Higuain, Messi, Di Maria, Mascherano, Perez, Rojo, Otamendi

Substitutes: Guzman, Ansaldi, Biglia, Fazio, Acuna, Meza, Salvio, Aguero, Lo Celso, Dybala, Pavon, Caballero

Kick off: 18:00 GMT
Last edited by uglyoneiamagain on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria (-) vs Argentina (-) Match Thread

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
SuperEagles

uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Bigpokey24 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: Dem Go Hia Wien

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Shownoja wrote:Certain things one can deduce. We'll likely play the 3-5-2 with Mikel, Moses and Musa all starting. Idowu at the press conference might be a decoy because it might make it appear he will start. I think the plan is to start with the side that started the second half against Iceland, but will emphasis on fighting for the ball early in midfield so we don't draw them too close to our area to concede fouls. From his continued emphasis on fitness, there might be a plan to run them ragged. So everyone must be prepared to run from the first whistle down to the last minute. This also suggests there might be early or tactical changes to account for tiring players. If we are ahead by 2 in the first half, I fully expect Ogu to come in and help close out the game.

The strength of the squad will be tested today and I see a good game with a Nigeria victory. Don't rule out a nervous last 10 with them pulling a goal back and Iceland going ahead against Croatia (we being 2-0 up by then).
I Amen that bro.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Shownoja wrote:Certain things one can deduce. We'll likely play the 3-5-2 with Mikel, Moses and Musa all starting. Idowu at the press conference might be a decoy because it might make it appear he will start. I think the plan is to start with the side that started the second half against Iceland, but will emphasis on fighting for the ball early in midfield so we don't draw them too close to our area to concede fouls. From his continued emphasis on fitness, there might be a plan to run them ragged. So everyone must be prepared to run from the first whistle down to the last minute. This also suggests there might be early or tactical changes to account for tiring players. If we are ahead by 2 in the first half, I fully expect Ogu to come in and help close out the game.

I think Idowu will start. I think Rohr will start the same team that started the Iceland match.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Robbynice wrote:

I think Idowu will start. I think Rohr will start the same team that started the Iceland match.
That gives me the crawlies.

That formation always starts out on the back foot with misplaced passing and unforced errors.

Provided they keep the errors to nil and stay focused, I am cool.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Line up?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Cellular wrote:Line up?
Still nothing concrete but speculation.. should be sure in an hour or so.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

For those who don't already know:

https://www.foxsports.com/
You can signup with your cable info to watch the game live
At least you can listen in live
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

That gives me the crawlies.

That formation always starts out on the back foot with misplaced passing and unforced errors.

Provided they keep the errors to nil and stay focused, I am cool.
you done start again whining
SuperEagles

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

balo wrote:For those who don't already know:

Best place to watch if you are in the US.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

joplass wrote:
balo wrote:For those who don't already know:

Best place to watch if you are in the US.

Been missing out. I never thought of it. All those games that were played while at work I missed them.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

GOOD luck to the Eagles. Let's batterr these Argies
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Wishing them goodluck but the coach really undermined them by starting Idowu. Anyone else of Echiejile, Joel, or even Shehu would have been an upgrade talkless of Ebuehi. Idowu does not even play like a professional footballer, more like Sunday pickup soccer.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Go Eagles Go

Make Nigeria, Africa Proud.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
K
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria - Argentina:

Post by K »

Is this the match thread? I don't want to be refreshing the wrong one like the last time :D
visit the village square