OLISEH: Eagles Should Not Celebrate Third Place.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH: Eagles Should Not Celebrate Third Place.....

Post by deanotito »

9jaMan wrote:Oliseh is speaking facts, Rohr has infected so many Nigerians with the loser mentality that it’s so sad to read comments on this site. Yes oliseh was a terrible coach but at least he did not create a loser mentality in the SE. those rohr supporters Berra apply for ghananese citizenship. Real Nigerians win. Cowards celebrate 3rd place
You keep running about the place spouting this nonsense but when you're asked for facts, you disappear. When, do tell, did the SE have this winning mentality you speak of, and supported it on the field with results? Name the coach
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

deanotito wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Oliseh is speaking facts, Rohr has infected so many Nigerians with the loser mentality that it’s so sad to read comments on this site. Yes oliseh was a terrible coach but at least he did not create a loser mentality in the SE. those rohr supporters Berra apply for ghananese citizenship. Real Nigerians win. Cowards celebrate 3rd place
You keep running about the place spouting this nonsense but when you're asked for facts, you disappear. When, do tell, did the SE have this winning mentality you speak of, and supported it on the field with results? Name the coach

You are clearly infected with the loser mentality thus you are making up stories as expected. Winners may not always win but they don’t celebrate 3rd place like it’s an accomplishment. Enjoy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He cried against Cameroon because we were by far the favorites, a seasoned team with multiple stars (from PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal, Dortmund, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Ajax etc) playing at HOME (and playing 1 less game I might add - fresher legs) and we STILL lost in front of the Lagos crowd vociferously cheering for us, why would he not cry? Completely different scenario than 2019...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Afri ... s#_Nigeria
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:He cried against Cameroon because we were by far the favorites, a seasoned team with multiple stars (from PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal, Dortmund, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Ajax etc) playing at HOME (and playing 1 less game I might add - fresher legs) and we STILL lost in front of the Lagos crowd vociferously cheering for us, why would he not cry? Completely different scenario than 2019...

I think he cried because he was sad we lost.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:He cried against Cameroon because we were by far the favorites, a seasoned team with multiple stars (from PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal, Dortmund, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Ajax etc) playing at HOME (and playing 1 less game I might add - fresher legs) and we STILL lost in front of the Lagos crowd vociferously cheering for us, why would he not cry? Completely different scenario than 2019...

Ummm...I didn't forget that part...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote::P Oya Oliseh haters club...5 4 3 2 1...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: watch them craw out of their holes in multiple to talk ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Ummm...I didn't forget that part...
2 of una head no dey house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I refuse to celebrate a bronze. That being said, our bronze today is more valuable than a bronze in 2010, 1992 and 1978. We have always been blessed with abundant talent, individually. Other than 1994/96, we have just failed to get it right whether in the pitch or off.

Secondly, don’t be delusional. While we have not improved the behind the scenes, the league and the grass roots, several African countries have. Additionally, they have a better conversion rate of European born players. Tunisia, Senegal, Algeria, Marco and CIV.

There are some on this forum that say that we should pick some local talents. In my day, I dare say that much like Oloye, a local talent was superior to anything foreign. Today,, that is just a joke. Remove the speed or lungs and in most cases you have a player that cannot even control a ball. Don’t get me started on our goalkeepers and defenders.

Kanu, Okocha, Finidi, Oliseh, Oliha, Amunike, Keshi and co are not coming back. We have two choices:

A: Develop a superior league and build a national team from that.

B: Integrate quality foreign born players.

This is assuming that we get our house in order. Until then, you can bring Capello, Klopp, Renard, Mourinho or anyone else and we will still win bronze. Yes we were tactically deficient and used the wrong formation but we really need to solve for X and get things right. In the mean time, we can keep dreaming that we are still an African power. Others are improving in every aspect, we remain stagnant.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

john12 wrote:When I say some Nigerians are DELUSIONAL, people think I’m just saying it to wind people up. Oliseh was the same one that invited his “Brother Agent” (Client) Paul onobi to SE and dude even benched “Mikel Obi” for some games (the nerve) previously, the same oliseh was highly critical of Keshi team until he got a chance to coach SE and started drawing minors while explaining his stalemate results against minors the same minors that Keshi failed to defeat and he was critical of Keshi team. Anyway, oliseh if you’re DELUSIONAL let’s remind you that you, Siasia and Eguavoen combined failed to Qualify us for 3 Different ANC that’s why ROHR was Hired and yes you’re right, on a normal circumstance we shouldn’t be celebrating 3rd place result but on the basis of failing to Qualify for 2 back to back ANC in Succession, 3rd place was a progressive Success. We can learn, build from that 3rd place and become finalist or Winners but it’s much much better than FAILING to QUALIFY. Mr Oliseh, you have no moral justification to even criticize Rohr team at all because Pinnick loved, provided all amenities for you. He even deemed you as “African guadiola” but you still disappointed.
Get your facts right
1. Siasia took over two weeks to our last game against Egypt, so is he responsible for our failure??? We used 3 different coaches for that quali, Oliseh, Rohr and Siasia.
2. Yes Oliseh was owed 4 months salary, Keshi was owed 10 months, the players were owed bonuses, infact, Keshi even worked without a contract ! We call that patriotism. We did not qualify but this was due to administrative reasons. If only we could give local coaches half the support Rohr is getting!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:When I say some Nigerians are DELUSIONAL, people think I’m just saying it to wind people up. Oliseh was the same one that invited his “Brother Agent” (Client) Paul onobi to SE and dude even benched “Mikel Obi” for some games (the nerve) previously, the same oliseh was highly critical of Keshi team until he got a chance to coach SE and started drawing minors while explaining his stalemate results against minors the same minors that Keshi failed to defeat and he was critical of Keshi team. Anyway, oliseh if you’re DELUSIONAL let’s remind you that you, Siasia and Eguavoen combined failed to Qualify us for 3 Different ANC that’s why ROHR was Hired and yes you’re right, on a normal circumstance we shouldn’t be celebrating 3rd place result but on the basis of failing to Qualify for 2 back to back ANC in Succession, 3rd place was a progressive Success. We can learn, build from that 3rd place and become finalist or Winners but it’s much much better than FAILING to QUALIFY. Mr Oliseh, you have no moral justification to even criticize Rohr team at all because Pinnick loved, provided all amenities for you. He even deemed you as “African guadiola” but you still disappointed.
Get your facts right
1. Siasia took over two weeks to our last game against Egypt, so is he responsible for our failure??? We used 3 different coaches for that quali, Oliseh, Rohr and Siasia.
2. Yes Oliseh was owed 4 months salary, Keshi was owed 10 months, the players were owed bonuses, infact, Keshi even worked without a contract ! We call that patriotism. We did not qualify but this was due to administrative reasons. If only we could give local coaches half the support Rohr is getting!
What about Siasia's failed qualification in 2012? First time since 1976...abeg lets leave these guys to enjoy their lives and not bother them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
Get your facts right
What about Siasia's failed qualification in 2012? First time since 1976...abeg lets leave these guys to enjoy their lives and not bother them...
They are not coaches. Dem be spivs.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
Get your facts right
Siasia did not lose any game. It was Eguavon that lost the first leg against Guinea before he took over
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:
Super Eagles: Nigeria cannot celebrate 3rd place – Oliseh
ON JULY 23, 20199:33 AMIN NEWS, SPORTSBY EMMANUEL OKOGBA
By Jacob Ajom

Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh has said he was baffled that Nigerians were celebrating a third-place finish at the just concluded Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt. The Super Eagles picked up their eighth AFCON bronze medal Wednesday, after recording a 1-0 win over Tunisia in a lacklustre third/fourth place playoff.

A lot of Nigerians believe the Super Eagles ought to have done better than the Bronze finish. Speaking on Sport Radio Brila fm Saturday morning, Oliseh who was Super Eagles coach before Gernot Rohr took over said, “Benin can celebrate third place, Madagascar can celebrate third place. Nigeria cannot celebrate second place. That was why I cried after the 2000 AFCON when we lost to Cameroon in the final. I cried because I felt Nigeria deserved nothing but the trophy.”

The 1994 AFCON winner said Nigerians must change their mentality and become more demanding. “Nigerians must be demanding. We cannot be asking for less when we know our capacity. We are blessed with abundant talents. We ought to be the best in Africa.”

Oliseh, however, said there was still hope in the national team as he saw very exciting young talents in the team that went to Egypt. “Yes there were some good, young talents I saw in the team. It was fascinating to note that,” he said.

He frowned at the decision by the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick to send Gernot Rohr on a refresher course. He said, “if we want to continue to ridicule ourselves before the world let it be. It is unfortunate that our football federation wants to take a foreigner, on contract out for a refresher course when we have very many Nigerian coaches that would need such opportunities that would benefit the country.”

Oliseh said that if the NFF were serious about the improvement of coaches, he could be of assistance in that respect. “If the NFF calls on me and proposed that they want three, four or five of their coaches on attachment with, say Ajax, I can arrange for them to go and observe what their counterparts out there do, maybe for one or two weeks. That can be done.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/sup ... ce-oliseh/
I agree, but he is one to talk.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
Get your facts right
Siasia did not lose any game. It was Eguavon that lost the first leg against Guinea before he took over
Siasia was offered $35k before the Guinea game
he refused because of the figure
After Eguavoen lost in Guinea he took the job for same $35k
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Oliseh does not know what it is to get bronze, yet
He made an attempt with CHAN
For difficult away qualifying tie, he pulls sick
At the competition
he is tossed out in the first round
and cannot match the Bronze Keshi got two years earlier
He was Keshi's fiercest critic

With the senior team
Swaziland was like 170mins 0:0
Then came Egypt
many predicted he will chicken out
He sacked himself

I'll celebrate our 8 bronze medals
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

megapro wrote:Oliseh does not know what it is to get bronze, yet
He made an attempt with CHAN
For difficult away qualifying tie, he pulls sick
At the competition
he is tossed out in the first round
and cannot match the Bronze Keshi got two years earlier
He was Keshi's fiercest critic

With the senior team
Swaziland was like 170mins 0:0
Then came Egypt
many predicted he will chicken out