4 New Defenders for SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 4 New Defenders for SE?

Post by Damunk »

My point is, at 24, he isn’t some youth prodigy still in development.
So I’m not sure how good he is and how close to his ceiling he is.
And he obviously has never been tested against top quality opposition.
It’s all very subjective.
Do you have a problem with that? :D
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:39 pm Adarabioyo is 25 (26 in Sept)
Torunariga is 25 (26 in Aug).
Aiwu is 22 and
Gabriel Osho is 24 (25 in Aug).
Olisa Ndah is 25

And your point is...?
Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:16 am
Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:26 am
The Observer wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:28 am Based on available data, Olisa Ndah has only played one match for his club in 2023 (25 mins). There was a reported injury that prevented his transfer to an Italian club during the January transfer window.

Gabriel Osho was active for Luton in the past season despite being injured twice. He was particularly active during the play off leading to Luton's promotion to the Premiership. He was playing on the right of the three-man defense of Luton.

Emmanuel Aiwu was also active for Cremonese, along with Dessers and Okeke, in the Italian Serie A playing in at least 20 matches. Cremonese was relegated to Serie B for the 2023 - 24 season.
So where did @TTT get his stats from? Na wa o.
TTT is right on Osho.
He has been loaned out to some unprintable teams in the last few years which isn’t a great way to make your case for a SE push.
He’s 24.
Just saying’…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:31 pm We should focus our energy on finding credible players that can make us better, not players that are "no worse than what we have". The hype only gets us deeper in the hole. USA 2026 is around the corner. We need players that will get us qualified, not players that will continue to make us struggle against Ghana B team. These player should be fighting tooth and nail to get invited so they can fight even harder to just make the team. I would rather we spend more energy on Frederick than these average players.

And BTW, Ajayi is better than all these players. I wasn't sold on him at first, but he proven himself to be a bonafied SE defender.
Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:07 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:58 pm Average players
I have only watched Adarabioyo play for his club out of the 4 and he is decent, nothing exceptional. But he would be a good guy to try out and compare to what we already have. He can’t be worse than Ajayi and Omeruo.
Trying a player out until you find the "credible" players hiding under Eko Bridge is not wasting energy. You need a pool of tested players.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:16 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:15 pm Torunarigha, Adarabiyio, Emmanuel Aiwu of Cremonense and Gabriel Osho of Luton are being considered for the next game. If true, it seems the rebuild of our defense has commenced. Will these players make us better or are we just replacing players like for like. Hope it works out.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/06/ ... iers-game/
I am all for rebuilding and trying out new players particularly in our porous and highly unreliable defense but Emanuel Aiwu and Gabriel Osho??? Both players have less than impressive profiles. Aiwu has played all of 13 times for division 2 Cremonese while Osho, although on the books, since 2020, of Luton Town which just gained promotion to the Premier League, he has been loaned out to such clubs as Yeovil Town, a with tier English club and Rochdale, a fifth tier English team for as long as he has been on Lutin Town’s books.

Is Peseiro serious? Really?? Whatever happened to Olisa Ndah? If you were serious about rebuilding our defense, I would think you’d start with a known prospect like Ndah❗️

Cheers.
Ndah was injured in a game that he scored an own goal while playing for his South African club. He was out for a long time and his team was on a roll. When he recovered, the coach never gave him back his starting job. On a positive, he is still preferred by a huge section of the fan base. Personally, I think Ndah was being used for marketing but he turned out to be a good prospect. If the guy can turn out to be ANC Oboabona then we are in good hands. We just haven't seen enough of him for club and country.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Doing the same thing over and over again a d expecting a different is not only crazy, but a severe waste of time.
Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:36 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:31 pm We should focus our energy on finding credible players that can make us better, not players that are "no worse than what we have". The hype only gets us deeper in the hole. USA 2026 is around the corner. We need players that will get us qualified, not players that will continue to make us struggle against Ghana B team. These player should be fighting tooth and nail to get invited so they can fight even harder to just make the team. I would rather we spend more energy on Frederick than these average players.

And BTW, Ajayi is better than all these players. I wasn't sold on him at first, but he proven himself to be a bonafied SE defender.
Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:07 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:58 pm Average players
I have only watched Adarabioyo play for his club out of the 4 and he is decent, nothing exceptional. But he would be a good guy to try out and compare to what we already have. He can’t be worse than Ajayi and Omeruo.
Trying a player out until you find the "credible" players hiding under Eko Bridge is not wasting energy. You need a pool of tested players.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The Observer wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:28 am Based on available data, Olisa Ndah has only played one match for his club in 2023 (25 mins). There was a reported injury that prevented his transfer to an Italian club during the January transfer window.

Gabriel Osho was active for Luton in the past season despite being injured twice. He was particularly active during the play off leading to Luton's promotion to the Premiership. He was playing on the right of the three-man defense of Luton.

Emmanuel Aiwu was also active for Cremonese, along with Dessers and Okeke, in the Italian Serie A playing in at least 20 matches. Cremonese was relegated to Serie B for the 2023 - 24 season.
I want to know the answer to this question…
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

To answer your question, see link below. Now, go ask the Observer where he got his own stats. Na wa for una ooo🤐❗️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Aiwu

Cheers.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Transfermarkt.com
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185