Is this going to happen again?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Is this going to happen again?

Post by truetalk »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:21 pm
lukemana wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:58 pm THIS IS NOT A PROPHECY OOOO, SO DON'T SHOOT ME IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Have you noticed that our jersey is partially made of our traditional adire? if my memory supports me right (i could be wrong), the last time we wore such a jersey was in Tunisia '94 and we won the cup. is it going to happen again 30 years later?

My heart is saying yes! :D
Go for it and make a prediction brother. What’s the worst that can happen. For all their bark, these CE noisemakers can’t hurt you.

If you feel it, call it.
You don't remember what he went through on this site.

He and the likes of Dr. Yinka were hounded and harassed for ages.

Even the likes of Solowe (RIP) who had a tough skin, had to take a break when people turned on him when the outcome was different from their predictions.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

lukemana wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:33 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:13 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:06 pm More similarities between now and 2013.

1. A much maligned coach under pressure.
2. A slow start in the group stage.
3. Team not playing well prior to tournament.
4. Ahmed Musa was a non factor.

We are winning this guys !!!!!

We will stumble our way to winning afcon.

It is written.
Dang it. You just jinxed it. Why not support COV again. That too was a quality of 2013.
History tends to repeat itself! CIV a french speaking counry won it in Senegal in 1992. Nigeria won it in 1994. Senegal another french speaking country won it 2 years ago. The Super Eagles will win it again this time around. I am feeling it.

By the way, i havent watched a single match due to my predicament. i only look at the scores and read the comments on abidjan.net . i really do not know our our team is playing now. i wilsh them the best.

Up Super Eagles!

Hope all is well, Bro?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I think God gave ivory coast another chance so that that can beat Senegal and make it easy for us to win the trophy. :thumbs:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

akamoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:11 pm Let me bring a different perspective, from my Cameroonian colleague....Nigeria has never won an AFCON that Cameroon paritcipated

Im not predicting anything oh, but lets see which statistic hold water in next few weeks :D
There is a first time to everything in life. CIV never won the Nations Cup until they used an Ivorian coach; Yeo Martial in Senegal '92.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

DIMKA76 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:23 pm Don't delude yourselves. This team isn't good enough to go past the second round.
Now we are in the THIRD round. Oga Dimka, who is laughing now???
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

greg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:12 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:23 pm Don't delude yourselves. This team isn't good enough to go past the second round.
Is this another similarity with 2013?
In fact in Mikel's podcast, he said NFF were going room to room to ask players which place they wanted their flight booked to after the CIV match the next day :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:00 am
lukemana wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:58 pm THIS IS NOT A PROPHECY OOOO, SO DON'T SHOOT ME IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Have you noticed that our jersey is partially made of our traditional adire? if my memory supports me right (i could be wrong), the last time we wore such a jersey was in Tunisia '94 and we won the cup. is it going to happen again 30 years later?

Prophet Lukemana!

The Ivorian-Nigerian New Yorker.

I knew it was only a matter of time till you made an appearance.

This tournamenet is in your hood, and you're not giving us inside gist.

Not fair O! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Baba mi, i am NOT currently in Abidjan. I was there last September to see my mom. I only follow the results on Abidjan.net. i haven't watched a single match due to my predicament. In fact, the last time i drove a car was in 2019. I have severe and advanced glaucoma that caused me to loose over 50% of my vision. Very lucky my company is allowing to work from home.

Again, i feel that we will win this cup. if you can read French, go to Abidjan.net. they give lots of information there. By the way, i think (not too sure) that there is a toggle on that site that allows you to change the language to English from French.

UP SE!!!
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

lukemana wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:05 pm
truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:00 am

Prophet Lukemana!

The Ivorian-Nigerian New Yorker.

I knew it was only a matter of time till you made an appearance.

This tournamenet is in your hood, and you're not giving us inside gist.

Not fair O! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Baba mi, i am NOT currently in Abidjan. I was there last September to see my mom. I only follow the results on Abidjan.net. i haven't watched a single match due to my predicament. In fact, the last time i drove a car was in 2019. I have severe and advanced glaucoma that caused me to loose over 50% of my vision. Very lucky my company is allowing to work from home.

Again, i feel that we will win this cup. if you can read French, go to Abidjan.net. they give lots of information there. By the way, i think (not too sure) that there is a toggle on that site that allows you to change the language to English from French.

UP SE!!!
Oga Lukemana! Long time no see! I am glad that you are alive but I am sorry to hear about the glaucoma. I hope you are getting expert help?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:00 pm Last 2 times we won afcon we beat CIV.
... and we've beaten CIV already, so the past [winning the trophy] might reoccur. Let's beat Angola first and see what happens, thereafter
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:06 pm More similarities between now and 2013.

1. A much maligned coach under pressure.
2. A slow start in the group stage.
3. Team not playing well prior to tournament.
4. Ahmed Musa was a non factor.

We are winning this guys !!!!!

We will stumble our way to winning afcon.

It is written.
I think you need to start hating on the team and wishing death on the coach if you really want this to happen!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

I am getting a lot better. Thank God. Mind u, in 2022 i could not go out on my own, i had to be held by hand. Wonderful and miraculous God Almighty!

Have you noticed that my namesake has been scoring most of our goals in critical situations?

I now feel it strongly. This Cup will end up at Aso Rock. By the way, can someone please paste the picture of Lookman? I appreciate in advance. Thanks.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

lukemana wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 pm I am getting a lot better. Thank God. Mind u, in 2022 i could not go out on my own, i had to be held by hand. Wonderful and miraculous God Almighty!

Have you noticed that my namesake has been scoring most of our goals in critical situations?

I now feel it strongly. This Cup will end up at Aso Rock. By the way, can someone please paste the picture of Lookman? I appreciate in advance. Thanks.
Now here is a prophecy:

If we play the final, the score will be 2-1 for Nigeria.

Cheers!!!