Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Equitorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen

Post by green4life »

Iwobi has been MIA in this game. He needed to listen to that Mikel podcast on how Keshi demanded MORE from him. If we are going anywhere in this game, let alone tournament, Iwobi needs to demand the ball and be the hub of passing activity from all areas of midfield. Otherwise, we will play ping pong game while huffing and puffing against minnows. I done talk my own.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:43 pm EQG are a very good team, they will trouble teams in this tournament
Most likely, they wont. Most teams will score the goals we missed earlier and kill them off!

What I see is a very below average team. They are lucky that we didnt take our chances in the first 20 minutes and our players, being completely dead due to weather conditions and flying to Abu Dhabi and then going to Lagos for a party, are now unable to keep up.

The teams who took their preparation seriously will kill EQG!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Rewatching our equalizer.
See how far advanced Ajayi was to go for the header that allowed the ball to bounce into Lookman's path.

Nice.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maybe we should sub in Iheanacho and take a chance with him, Iwobi looks unfit and I'm worried
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

This Zaidu is a funny player.
Believe he may have been the lad that missed a sitter earlier but his more comical reaction was on the goal.

The giveaway was on Onyeka, being indecisive, but Zaidu was ball watching and didn’t close the distance or recognize the danger of the opponent … but was quick to pounce and yell at his teammates for the goal when he should have been more alert in recognizing danger smh
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:43 pm EQG are a very good team, they will trouble teams in this tournament
Most likely, they wont. Most teams will score the goals we missed earlier and kill them off!

What I see is a very below average team. They are lucky that we didnt take our chances in the first 20 minutes and our players, being completely dead due to weather conditions and flying to Abu Dhabi and then going to Lagos for a party, are now unable to keep up.

The teams who took their preparation seriously will kill EQG!
You have captured my thoughts on this match.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Yusuf the man of the match so far.

As I said very poor scouting from Pissero.

Lookman second best player.

Onyeka was at fault for that goal

Simon has been poor. Even worse than his usual display.

433 makes us look so much better and much more stable. I have been saying this for 3 years.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Even for the goal Iwobi didn't look his usual sharp self. Normally he would have sorted his legs out and cleared. The defense is alright. Zaidu needs to hold position a bit better, I hate seeing Ajayi isolated on the wing.

A good old African clash. Impressed with AlHassan. Love what I see so far.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:47 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm Get Onyeka off and bring in Aribo
A guy who has not played more than 30 minutes of club football this season? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You want him to collapse on the pitch???!! do you know how hot it is out there? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Aribo has started 6 of the last 7 matches for Southampton before joining the SE camp.
Get your facts right!
I am happy
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:45 pm Lookman is actually looking okay to me. I think he has figured he can't out pace or dribble anyone so he is using clever movement and passing.

Moses Simon is having ot tough, needs to link up more with Aina.

The midfield is just not working. Onyeka is not mobile and frankly Iwobi looks as if he's struggling
This here is the critical success factor - quick passing and movement particularly in the final third. For example look at the goal and Simons chance that hit the upright.
You cant and won't outrun anyone in these conditions. The other aspect is being able to slow the game down at the right time - if the pass isn't on just keep the ball. There's no point in hoofing the ball only for them to run at you...

Anyway, make we enjoy and see who comes on as individual errors will come into play as fatigue sets in. This is where "Johnny Bravo" earns his pay.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I've been saying it for a long time. Iwobi will always give you effort but you should never depend on him to win a game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:45 pm The problem in defense is the pairing of Ekong and Ajayi. They just aren't good enough
One is a benchwarmer in Div 2 and the other is scraping the barrel in backwater.

Look at Al Hassan, a Div 1 player. You see the difference? How he is able to slide in and keep a high level? When I tell my fellow fans, they will attack me. Their love for Div 2 and 3 players is astounding!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 pm Iwobi has been MIA in this game. He needed to listen to that Mikel podcast on how Keshi demanded MORE from him. If we are going anywhere in this game, let alone tournament, Iwobi needs to demand the ball and be the hub of passing activity from all areas of midfield. Otherwise, we will play ping pong game while huffing and puffing against minnows. I done talk my own.
I will give him another 10 minutes and sub him off.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That was funny
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:51 pm This Zaidu is a funny player.
Believe he may have been the lad that missed a sitter earlier but his more comical reaction was on the goal.

The giveaway was on Onyeka, being indecisive, but Zaidu was ball watching and didn’t close the distance or recognize the danger of the opponent … but was quick to pounce and yell at his teammates for the goal when he should have been more alert in recognizing danger smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
onovo
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Equitorial Guinea : 8amCT /3pm Nigerian Time

Post by onovo »

icee wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:26 pm I've never once been impressed by Lookman on African terrain. Let's try Samu second half.
Lookman is the best performer of the 1st half for me. Very intelligent passes. You see the benefit of someone that can cross in our goal. No gra gra. Knew what to do
Well said ! Lookman is not the gra gra ! But he has made some of most intelligent and strategic moves in this game. This is the sort of player you need against North African teams.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:52 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:47 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm Get Onyeka off and bring in Aribo
A guy who has not played more than 30 minutes of club football this season? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You want him to collapse on the pitch???!! do you know how hot it is out there? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Aribo has started 6 of the last 7 matches for Southampton before joining the SE camp.
Get your facts right!
Danfo conductor has no use for facts.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Iwobi must be working out with his boy Jay Ajayi who used to play American football. He needs to tone his body a little more. He seems too heavy and can’t carry the mass … needs to think of his long term career
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:52 pm Yusuf the man of the match so far.

As I said very poor scouting from Pissero.

Lookman second best player.

Onyeka was at fault for that goal

Simon has been poor. Even worse than his usual display.

433 makes us look so much better and much more stable. I have been saying this for 3 years.
That’s part of the benefit of the Dubai camp that some folks are looking down on!
We played a friendly and introduced Yusuf and Stanley to international football before AFCON.
Some pundits even said Yusuf will not see a minute’s action!😁😁
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:43 pm
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:41 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:40 pm Onyeka just isn't mobile enough, Yusuf is doing the job of two players
Yup.

Questions why we didn't take more CMs.
Isnt there a law in the 1999 constitution that we cant invite more than 4?

P,s-- Onyeka is a very good player and one of the best Nigerian midfielders right now. If the coach wants to play him out of position, in front of the back 4, thats on the coach and not on Onyeka.

Onyeka played as a #6 prior to Brentford
Lets focus on the players here pls...
1. How many years ago was that?
2. At what level?
3. Why was he converted?

the anwsers to these questions will make things quite obvious to you, Sir.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Anybody who was expecting a prime JJ or Mikel performance from Iwobi is wasting his time, the lad gives effort (fair play to him) but nothing more, WE SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH AN EXTRA AND MORE MOBILE ATTACKING MID
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:46 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:39 pm Something is wrong with Iwobi. He is avoiding the ball and not mobile.
Bro! the weather is harsh! what do you mean "something." :rotf: its quite obvious that he came from cold London and they took him to cool weather in Abu Dhabi to acclimatize for scotching humidity. Whose fault is that?!

Why do Nigerians like to turn a blind eye to the sabotage of their officials?

Pls stop...Enough with the fake conspiracies..

They were never going to press with the same intensity they started the game with..
smartly I might add, they dropped off a bit..
What is lacking is patience and greater control in the build up phase...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:44 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:41 pm The teams that will thrive in this weather are those teams that can pass the ball around. They'll get their opponent to chase for the first 30 minutes and the opponent will be completely dead! Then they will exploit them!

Txj

Agreed. He needs to drop Iwobi deeper in the build up phase and get them to be more patient..
Had started to do that towards end of half, but needs the wide players to come into central MF
I do not agree with being more patient. That I'd what has been giving these teams confident that they can hang with Nigeria. Nigeria needs to force the issue with aggressive attacking to dampen hopes of a lower ranked teams. Yes, the weather is harsh but you have 5 dub a allowed. I will go all out.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

start the team the same, give onyeka 20 minutes if not, bring in iheanacho and drop iwobi back with yusuf.. iheanacho right behind osimhen
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)