Germany 0-1 Mexico |Group F

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Germany 0-1 Mexico |Group F

Post by juventuss »

mcal wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Germany are overrated...they needed Sane today...but too much arrogance from Low.
... a man no dey make forest dem say. I doubt Sane could have over powered a determined side. Yes, he will run, but he will get tired.
IMHO, Sane is much craftier and quicker than most if not all the players Germany fielded today. He could have won a PK, made a decisive 1st or 2nd pass. A guy with that talent you do not leave at home
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

theYemster wrote:Another nail in the coffin of the "we lost because they have better players playing in bigger teams/league" excuse.
:clap: :clap:
That's an excuse for 'football-cowards'.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The NFF should tell Rohr his comments are unacceptable
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Nigerians and their false pride.
-Simpli fy -
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

juventuss wrote:
mcal wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Germany are overrated...they needed Sane today...but too much arrogance from Low.
... a man no dey make forest dem say. I doubt Sane could have over powered a determined side. Yes, he will run, but he will get tired.
IMHO, Sane is much craftier and quicker than most if not all the players Germany fielded today. He could have won a PK, made a decisive 1st or 2nd pass. A guy with that talent you do not leave at home
I kinda felt that the omission was going to come back to bite them in the yansh. That plus Nuer's inclusion.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Nigerians and their false pride.

Believe me when I say you are not wrong. Yeye pride!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Respect to Osorio. Has come a long way from the days of climbing ladders to watch Liverpool at practice to improve his coaching skills.

Has been working on this for about 3 years
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

kolinzo wrote:Let's be real, CONCACAF is just one tough region! A great day for CONCACAF!
CONCACAF > CAF
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be successful as long as we depend on Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:Another nail in the coffin of the "we lost because they have better players playing in bigger teams/league" excuse.
:clap: :clap:
That's an excuse for 'football-cowards'.

Even if Switzerland beats Brazil, they will never be convinced. It is pathological. Try convincing Trump and his supporters about the truth that the rest of the world sees, then you begin to understand our brothers on the dark side.
-Simpli fy -
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

airwolex wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Exactly.
Very stupid idea indeed. I can't believe a modern International football fan, after Cameroon and Argentina, Greece 2004, Iceland V England 2016 and many more examples, believes such utter rubbish.
You dey mind dem...................I guess it makes dem sleep well at night.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

maceo4 wrote:Wondering if Mexican players are at better clubs than the Germans...
Well you could ask the same question about iceland players and argentinans
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

YUJAM wrote:This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be sycc sedum if we expect Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
Please tell these opaks yarners again o! They even have some MLS players on their team too. That's crazy!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

YUJAM wrote:This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be sycc sedum if we expect Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
Thank you. These people are simply looking for short cuts.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

juventuss wrote:
mcal wrote:
Have you ever watched him play for Germany?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Its definitely about cowardice...Rohr clearly setup to try not to lose..Mexico had plans to score, and they did
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Nonsense...
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]GREENWHITEGREEN[/color] wrote: I swear, I wish my wife would stop talking to me when I am watching football! She's asking If they are still playing! It's the second half for crying out loud.
You think that is bad? My wife just asked why the Mexican players and fans are crying? Did they bet on the match :blink:?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Preach bro :clap: sustained success cannot be reached through short cuts.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Juan Carlos Osorio has taken so much criticism from the media and even some Mexican fans for the way he has been deploying the Mexican team. I like his mentality of taking it to the opponent and make them pay. My only issue is that he more of a tinker man lol, outside of that, he is an awesome coach and our African coaches need to learn a thing or two from his aggressive approach
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kolinzo wrote: You can say that again. Heart will never lack in CONCACAF. What a game!
My pleasure is: When the Mexicans lose the ball, they didn't stop pursing the opponent who they lost the ball to. Instead of strolling, they continued to harass the opponent. That is how I was thought to play the game in Primary and Secondary schools in the days
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

The Mexican coach just said "We cannot play with fear of losing". Hope Rohr is listening
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

hope this victory gives lesser nations hope against the so called big teams, play with pride and courage
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko