I hereby resign my membership until I get an apology

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Robby:
You are being too harsh on Milla.
Robbynice wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:Ok guys, it might have been a mistake or something. My reason for posting was because When I went to work, I was browsing, and when I checked the thread for new updates, I could not see the picture, so that is where the confusion is. I didnot mean to cause any confusion here. Since everyone is claiming innocence, I will let is slide. Three things come in mind. Either it was a server error, or my work computer had a problem, or a moderator took it off and put it back. I am serious, I could not see the picture on my work computer.

Anyway, it is all good, lets put this behind and move on since no one wants to explain the disappearance and appearance of the pic. I will let it go, after all I believe in forgive and forget. But Moderators need to take it easy on people's posts. I know you guys got to do your job, but some of you go too far.
Ol'boy this is not an apology. Yes it wasn't your intentions to make a false accusation but the fact of the matter is you did make one and the right thing to do in a situation like this is to apologize. You trying to beat around it with your "I believe in forgive and forget" theory will not cut it. As the saying goes, a word is enough for the wise. I believe you will do the right thing.
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Re: I hereby resign my membership until I get an apology

Post by naija4ever »

Rogermilla wrote:I want to say I have decided to resign my membership from CE forum until I receive an apology from the moderator who delet the picture from my post. I mand a reply to this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=10040&start=46

My reply was Congrats sammy Etoó, you deserve it, with a picture of him holding his trophy. I don't find that offensive as opposed to the other pictures I have seen here which no body did anything. I remember the whole forum had to beg Dodo to remove his pictures, which he did. Simply because I posted a picture of Etoó receiving his award, how offensive is that as opposed to the insulting ones agains Cameroon I have seen in this forum which no body did anything. If this is the way you people do things in Nigeria, then I am sorry, I cannot continue to hangout with you guys. This is sickenning. I have never deleted anybody's post nor edit anyone's signature in Camfoot. You guys are always welcome. But here it is different. I regard you all as brothers inspite of our soccer rivalry, but with this kind of behaviour, I will no longer hangout with people who keep acting like dictators. Thus I hereby demand an apology, or I am history on this forum.
Why all this dictatorship. I demand an apology from the moderator who removed the picture from my post. We complain everyday about our leaders in Africa, but we still emulate the same thing here. Have I ever censored any of your posts in Camfoot.

I am dead serious, since some of you cannot accept defeat, I hereby resign my membership of this forum, until I get an apology from the moderator who removed my picture.

The picture I am talking about is the one with Etoó holding the APOY trophy, I understand some of you wanted OGA to win, but Etoó won, so big deal, lets move on.

Once more I demand an apology from the moderator, and the reason for removing the picture. When you guys come to Camfoot and post, have I ever deleted anyone's post or edited someone's thread?
Why would you guys do this. I contributed my money towards the building of this forum due to my love of the Super Eagles and African football in general, and this is what I get?
Well I resign my membership, until I get a letter of apology from the moderator/Administrator who did it.
Thanks, you guys are always welcome to Camfoot, where there is freedom of speech.
Rogermilla, I saw the picture through the link u gave, so chill out and do the honourable thing-APOLOGIZE to the moderators for false accusations, otherwise it would be quite ironical of u given what u have stated on ur comments. Anyway even though we argue most times I still like to have u in this forum, at least we need someone to bash eachtime Ils loose to se :lol: :roll: .
Peace, and please stop comparing this forum to camfoots cos what I see there most times are just bashings of naija while here we discuss footy most times unless an issue that we see that r not appropriate props up. Lastly, if u r one of the moderators at ur forum how come u allowed those inflammatory comments from Zendre to be floating at that forum all the time?.
Relax man, nobody would've intentionally deleted ur picture, it could've been Server/technical probs, it has happened to me most times. Peace :wink:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Rogermilla wrote:Ok guys, it might have been a mistake or something. My reason for posting was because When I went to work, I was browsing, and when I checked the thread for new updates, I could not see the picture, so that is where the confusion is. I didnot mean to cause any confusion here. Since everyone is claiming innocence, I will let is slide. Three things come in mind. Either it was a server error, or my work computer had a problem, or a moderator took it off and put it back. I am serious, I could not see the picture on my work computer.

Anyway, it is all good, lets put this behind and move on since no one wants to explain the disappearance and appearance of the pic. I will let it go, after all I believe in forgive and forget. But Moderators need to take it easy on people's posts. I know you guys got to do your job, but some of you go too far.
Rogermilla, honestly it wont cos u much to apologise more so given the fact that u contributed financially to this forum, otherwise some will regard u as being ARROGANT :x :shock: :? . BTW did u make the contributions in CFA or dollars? :roll: :twisted: :lol: . Nobody hates camerounians here, this is just soccer rivalry, it happens everywhere :shock: :roll: :lol:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Rogermilla also please note that there is more freedom of speech/writing/posting here than u would ever imagine. Accordingly, u r welcome here anytime. Congrats to Eto' o for winning the APOY2003/4. whether he deserved it or not is a different story :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Last edited by naija4ever on Sun May 02, 2004 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystic wrote:

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

naija4ever wrote:Rogermilla also please note that there is more freedom of speech/writing/posting here than u would ever imagine. Accordingly, u r welcome here anytime. Congrats to Eto' o for winning the APOY2004. whether he deserved it or not is a different story :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
omo na APOY 2003 Eto'o win
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Cristao wrote:
naija4ever wrote:Rogermilla also please note that there is more freedom of speech/writing/posting here than u would ever imagine. Accordingly, u r welcome here anytime. Congrats to Eto' o for winning the APOY2004. whether he deserved it or not is a different story :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
I am giving him APOY2004 in advance as well, cos I know CAF go do their wayo again :lol: :D :P :wink:

mystic wrote:

naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Cristao wrote:
Thanks for the correction, but he has won APOY2004 in advance as well, cos I know CAF go do their wayo again :lol: :D :P :wink:

mystic wrote:

Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

YUJAM wrote:Robby:
Robbynice wrote:

Ol'boy this is not an apology. Yes it wasn't your intentions to make a false accusation but the fact of the matter is you did make one and the right thing to do in a situation like this is to apologize. You trying to beat around it with your "I believe in forgive and forget" theory will not cut it. As the saying goes, a word is enough for the wise. I believe you will do the right thing.
Yujam, I don't have any problem with Rogermilla but he is a moderator himself (At the Camefoot forum that is) and he should know the implications of accusing a moderator. But then that is not the point. It is one thing to falsly accuse and it is another thing trying to beat around doing the right thing which in this case is apologizing. I don't think that is asking too much when I say that he needs to aplogize.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

airwolex wrote:I third it! jokes aside Rogermilla is a class guy and no one wants him to go.
sod operation seadog, and all other tribal bs nobody has time for that anymore!!

Roger, It was a honest mistake, like you said let bygones be bygones, infact i suggest you edit the post and erase it.
Thanks Airwolex, I think this is the only reply that made some sence hre. Why all the insults after a simple mistake. I browsed the site at work but didn't see the picture, so I made my complain. When I got home it was there, so like I said I don't know what transpired, whether it is a server problem, my work computer or a moderator delibrately deleted the picture and put it back. Why all these insults why can't we argue like intelligent people. Anyway I have put all that behind me, if you care keep throwing the insults.
The Yemester simply because of my stance against FIFA does not make me dilusional.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Robbynice wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Yujam, I don't have any problem with Rogermilla but he is a moderator himself (At the Camefoot forum that is) and he should know the implications of accusing a moderator. But then that is not the point. It is one thing to falsly accuse and it is another thing trying to beat around doing the right thing which in this case is apologizing. I don't think that is asking too much when I say that he needs to aplogize.
Robbynice I simply made a complaint and said whoever did it need to apologize. I have realized my mistake, and have decided to let it slide. Why can't we come to a solution without insults. I realized that it was either my work computer, the server or a moderator. But from the responses I don't believe it was a moderator, So I withdrew my comments. Isn't that simple as that. For those talking about being arrogant. Who is being arrogant here. I am always humble the way I do my things, I have never caused any problem in this forum, but if I made a complaint like this why don't we find the solution istead of throwing insults left and right.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

SAwosika
Egg
Egg

Post by SAwosika »

I third it! jokes aside Rogermilla is a class guy and no one wants him to go.
sod operation seadog, and all other tribal bs nobody has time for that anymore!!

Roger, It was a honest mistake, like you said let bygones be bygones, infact i suggest you edit the post and erase it.
Look here Airwolex, I do have the humility and the sense of judgement to heed a fair advice, but do not take your passive idiosyncracies too far by using such hogwashric terms as TRIBALIST... for your information OSD was a Nigerian Military expedition not a tribal one... and by the way, I am a damn proud Nigerian from a veritable Yoruba ethnic nationality and unlike you.... I have the ability to originate a thought rather than second or third one; I also do have a sense of humility that allows me to weigh issues where necessary and furthermore I am not some Cameroon apologist as I could care less about who they are, what they are or what they stand for in as far they (whoever they may be) do not mess with my peolple... Rogermilla... I actually apologize to you and any other offended forumites, as I did let my emotions get the best of me, and to airwolex k-ss my Bl-ck a-s :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
Jehovah Rohi, I give YOU all the GLORY....

"As far as I am concerned, I am still in charge of the team as no one has formally told me of my suspension."

"I have a contract with the NFA until September 2006, so my suspension, if it is true that I have been suspended, will not stop the payment of what I am entitled to...." ----- Clueless Certified Caretaker
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Robbynice I simply made a complaint and said whoever did it need to apologize. I have realized my mistake, and have decided to let it slide. Why can't we come to a solution without insults. I realized that it was either my work computer, the server or a moderator. But from the responses I don't believe it was a moderator, So I withdrew my comments. Isn't that simple as that. For those talking about being arrogant. Who is being arrogant here. I am always humble the way I do my things, I have never caused any problem in this forum, but if I made a complaint like this why don't we find the solution istead of throwing insults left and right.
If you made a mistake, and noww want to let it slide, why not give the same courtesy to your phantom moderator, who may also have made a mistake. Why not let it slide with him.

You are a very arrogant person, who refuses to acknowledge his mistakes. That's the definition of arrogance. I actually know a few more words, that might suffice for that behavior but I don't want to be too disrespectful. Please apologise to the people you insulted. You question the integrity of the moderators, and called them petty. You are not going to BS ur way out of it. Nonsense.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Rogermilla wrote: Why all the insults after a simple mistake
Listen dude, mistakes aside you made a blistering, emotionally based attack on the moderators of this forum without proper investigation of what happened to your post. You OVERREACTED and accused people, you made an unwarranted emotional outburst, instead of using reason/logic to properly find out what happened to your post.

OK as it turned out you were wrong... this is what you should apologise for... your overreaction and accusations, because it was YOUR FAULT that you didn't take the time to find what happened to your post. For example you could have used *reason* and made a simple post enquiring with happened to the picture instead of launching into a blistering attack on the forum as you did. This is what you ought to apologise for.

You have to be consistent man. You demanded for an apology from the forum for deleting the photo. As it turned out the photo has not been deleted, you should now be consistent with your principles and APOLOGISE TO THE FORUM for your overreaction and false accusations. If you're too arrogant to do this then you're welcome to resign your membership
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Rogermilla wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

So you've decided to let your own mistake and false accusations slide? How big of you.
mystic

Post by mystic »

Roger Milla,

In my book you have been a class guy and a great contributor to this forum. However, as a longstanding member of this forum I would have expected you to have handled this matter in a better way.

First and foremost you never made a proper inquiry to the mods as to what happened to your picture. Rather you assumed the worst from the outset and came out swinging and threatening to leave the forum. Why didn't you just simply ask what had happened to your pic instead of dropping all manner of accusations on our doorstep?

As far as I'm concerned, if you like, apologize, don't apologize or give a half apology. I don't wish to belabour the matter any more than is necessary. I would just urge you to be more prudent in you judgement in the future.

And for the record, moderators have better things to do with their time than to be deleting and undeleting pics.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Robbynice:
I hear you on the apology bit. If our mistakes offend others, then in addition to admitting to the mistake, you apologize to those offended.. This is the correct way!
Robbynice wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

muzines wrote:
If you made a mistake, and noww want to let it slide, why not give the same courtesy to your phantom moderator, who may also have made a mistake. Why not let it slide with him.

You are a very arrogant person, who refuses to acknowledge his mistakes. That's the definition of arrogance. I actually know a few more words, that might suffice for that behavior but I don't want to be too disrespectful. Please apologise to the people you insulted. You question the integrity of the moderators, and called them petty. You are not going to BS ur way out of it. Nonsense.
Muziness, thats why I said let bygones be bygones. We may all have made a mistake or two. But if I have offended anyone by starting this thread, then I apologize, I simply asked for an explanation, and people strted throwing insults here left and right. Is that the way we sit and solve problems. I might have nmade a mistake, which if that was the case, I admit it and I am sorry. A moderator too might have made a mistake some where along the line, so thats why I am asking for an explanation. But I have decided to put that behind me, so I have no problem with anyone.

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

mystic wrote:Roger Milla,

In my book you have been a class guy and a great contributor to this forum. However, as a longstanding member of this forum I would have expected you to have handled this matter in a better way.

First and foremost you never made a proper inquiry to the mods as to what happened to your picture. Rather you assumed the worst from the outset and came out swinging and threatening to leave the forum. Why didn't you just simply ask what had happened to your pic instead of dropping all manner of accusations on our doorstep?

As far as I'm concerned, if you like, apologize, don't apologize or give a half apology. I don't wish to belabour the matter any more than is necessary. I would just urge you to be more prudent in you judgement in the future.

And for the record, moderators have better things to do with their time than to be deleting and undeleting pics.
Mystic, I understand your claim. Yeah, that is where I made the mistake, I would have inquired what happened. The problem was that due to the way people were reacting to Eto's winning and the insults left and right, I felt somebody might have felt insulted and removed it. But I have just found out that it was something to do with my work computer. I apologize to whoever has been hurt by this post. I expected replies like yours and not insults. Yes I made a mistake, which I admit it, but all the insults people have been throwing at me are uncalled for.
Thank you.

KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Rogermilla, these things happen. Its all in a day's browsing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
mystic

Post by mystic »

How much exactly did you contribute? I'll triple it (and I am dead serious) so you can buzz off... talk about drama Remember Operation Seadog... to be revisited shortly
SAwosika wrote:
Remember Operation Seadog... to be revisited shortly
Worrahell is that?
Ask Milla and his Bantu kindred... it must still be fresh in their memories... clue... (General Tunde Idiagbon... RIP)... that guy like most real Nigerians civilian or military, knew the importance of putting matchboxes like Cameroun in their place.... they dared not venture into Bakassi when Buhari and Idiagbon were there :evil: :twisted:

Sawosika:

Comments such as these are not welcomed on this board, and if you wish to remain member of this forum I would refrain from such detestable remarks in the future. Rogermilla is a longstanding member of this forum who has contributed immensely to this community (in more ways than just money) and as such, should not be subjected to this drivel. Indeed, none of our Cameroonian brothers should ever have to read that type of crap in this forum!
mystic

Post by mystic »

Rogermilla wrote:
mystic wrote:Roger Milla,

Mystic, I understand your claim. Yeah, that is where I made the mistake, I would have inquired what happened. The problem was that due to the way people were reacting to Eto's winning and the insults left and right, I felt somebody might have felt insulted and removed it. But I have just found out that it was something to do with my work computer. I apologize to whoever has been hurt by this post. I expected replies like yours and not insults. Yes I made a mistake, which I admit it, but all the insults people have been throwing at me are uncalled for.
Thank you.

Rogermilla:

Well, I guess I now understand the frame of mind you were in prior to making your post. Hey, things happen in the heat of battle, and some of those hurling invectives in your direction might have done a lot worse in the same situation. Don't sweat it my brother. It's all good.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

is this post worth all these replies? :P
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Guv,

Most of the posts were about people having fun at Roger's expense. I think it was alll in a day's browsing like somebody said. Since he's apologised, I think the thread will now die off.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.