Nigerians in the Championship - 2014/15

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerians in the Championship - 2014/15

Post by patrick »

Sunset wrote:
mcal wrote:...let Nigerians play at this league, help their club climb to epl, then we go get plenty world class. You can't jump from npl to big league all of a sudden.
What kind of nonsense inferiority complex is this? smh...

Omeruo's the only one in the Championship "good" enough to play for our National team. The rest (U23) might be good enough for our various youth teams.

U think so? If Oduamadi can play for SE, as horrible as he is then I rest my case. Carl Ikeme and Tom Adeyemi(great game today) are good enough to play for SE
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sunset wrote:
mcal wrote:...let Nigerians play at this league, help their club climb to epl, then we go get plenty world class. You can't jump from npl to big league all of a sudden.

Omeruo's the only one in the Championship "good" enough to play for our National team. The rest (U23) might be good enough for our various youth teams.
...not inferiority anything but to water the appetite of world class seekers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:

U think so? If Oduamadi can play for SE, as horrible as he is then I rest my case. Carl Ikeme and Tom Adeyemi(great game today) are good enough to play for SE
4 Goals in 12 International games isn't a record a "Horrible" player would have, especially for a Winger, his form only started to dip when Keshi was trying to play him in the hole.

And even then I wouldn't pick him in my best Nigerian 23; rather than leave AC Milan, dude wants to be sent on loan forever.

Would Tom Adeyemi bench any of the following: Mikel, Onazi, Nosa, Azeez, Ogude, Izunna, Raheem Lawal, Haruna, Joel Obi, John Chibuike.

Sorry but Ikeme is just not it. He's way too mistake prone; something than seems psychological and is not International class IMO. Dude reminds me of Heurelho Gomes
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ikeme is good enough to seriously challenge for a place in the squad. He's better than Agbim from what I've seen whilst we're on the subject of error prone goalkeepers.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The YeyeMan wrote:Ikeme is good enough to seriously challenge for a place in the squad. He's better than Agbim from what I've seen whilst we're on the subject of error prone goalkeepers.
My guy, even an Agbim who was pretty much inactive for almost a year, wouldn't make some of the school-boy errors Ikeme has made.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:Ikeme is good enough to seriously challenge for a place in the squad. He's better than Agbim from what I've seen whilst we're on the subject of error prone goalkeepers.
Ikeme has the 'misfortune' of playing in a country where every second of every game is captured by high definition TV cameras.
I am not convinced he is more 'error-prone' than the average GK. One shudders to think of what errors the likes of Agbim and even Ejide have committed not caught by the cameras.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Sunset wrote:
patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:

4 Goals in 12 International games isn't a record a "Horrible" player would have, especially for a Winger, his form only started to dip when Keshi was trying to play him in the hole.

And even then I wouldn't pick him in my best Nigerian 23; rather than leave AC Milan, dude wants to be sent on loan forever.

Would Tom Adeyemi bench any of the following: Mikel, Onazi, Nosa, Azeez, Ogude, Izunna, Raheem Lawal, Haruna, Joel Obi, John Chibuike.

Sorry but Ikeme is just not it. He's way too mistake prone; something than seems psychological and is not International class IMO. Dude reminds me of Heurelho Gomes
Obviously u don't a clue of what u are talking about, Odu is a wing forward not WINGER. Secondly, he is not a SE material, I don't need to repeat this for u. Tom Adeyemi offers more in term of mobility, dynamism and very imposing than Izunna & Ogude.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:
patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:

Obviously u don't a clue of what u are talking about, Odu is a wing forward not WINGER. Secondly, he is not a SE material, I don't need to repeat this for u. Tom Adeyemi offers more in term of mobility, dynamism and very imposing than Izunna & Ogude.
So I have no clue because I see a winger & a wide forward as pretty much the same thing? :lol:

I see you fell for my trap. So out of those 10 players I listed, you could only pick two (which are quite debatable imo. :taunt:
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Sunset wrote:
patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:
patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:

So I have no clue because I see a winger & a wide forward as pretty much the same thing? :lol:

I see you fell for my trap. So out of those 10 players I listed, you could only pick two (which are quite debatable imo. :taunt:
I don't need to explain to u that the highlighted players played a different positions with comparison to Tom Adeyemi, so technically they are out of d debate
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sunset wrote:
My guy, even an Agbim who was pretty much inactive for almost a year, wouldn't make some of the school-boy errors Ikeme has made.
My guy...

Some of Agbim's mistakes at CHAN weren't simply school boy errors, they came with Master Degrees.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Amateur 'wannnabe' pimps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shamelessly flaunting their 'trade' :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

zee wrote:Amateur 'wannnabe' pimps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shamelessly flaunting their 'trade' :mrgreen:
Sorry oooh!
17:00PM has passed!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:
zee wrote:Amateur 'wannnabe' pimps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shamelessly flaunting their 'trade' :mrgreen:
Sorry oooh!

17:00PM has passed!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fat Dumbo :mrgreen: ......................'does' what he ..................

Does best :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

ben john ‏@Thebenjohn 3h
Tom adeyemi is a quality signing,best player on the pitch today by far.
Gemma Harrell ‏@SunnyLoveSA 3h
Would have loved to watch the #Bluebirds destroy their match today! Apparently Tom Adeyemi was invincible #star @JMoggridge ⚽️⚽️
Daehli's Right Boot ‏@NotOfficialCCFC 5h
Wales Online's @delmeparfitt giving Tom Adeyemi a 6/10 today. Why do you let this fool write @WalesOnline? Easily MOTM.
Matt Hale ‏@MattHale5 6h
Tom Adeyemi is easily Ole's best signing. Classy, combative midfielder who has a big future! #CARHUD #bluebirds ⚽️
Jake Scott ‏@Jake5cott 6h
Was impressed with Tom Adeyemi today in the middle #CCFC
David John ‏@DJbluebird1927 6h
Thought Tom Adeyemi was outstanding today
Mark Carter ‏@MarkLewisCarter 7h
Kenwyne will get the plaudits today and he deserves it but more impressive for me today was the performance of Tom Adeyemi. Bossed it.
Ryan Gardner ‏@RyanGardner17 7h
Tom Adeyemi is one hell of a signing, man of the match for me today! One word, Outstanding
Gareth Merrett ‏@Mez__81 7h
Tom Adeyemi looks a proper footballer too. Easily MOTM great bit of business by Ole.
James Moggridge ‏@JMoggridge 7h
Absolute blinder from Tom Adeyemi today, great player and great signing
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

patrick wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Highly rated RB Moses Odubajo at Brentford :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odubajo is a winger, certified traditional #7

BTW, Hope Akpan and Ikeme start

http://www.flashscore.com/
He can play as a wing back and right back too
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

wale1974 wrote:
patrick wrote:

Not sure though, BTW, He provided an assist today.

Omeruo inspires Boro to an away win

Tom Adeyemi and Hope Akpan played 90 minutes

http://www.flashscore.com/match/ETL2CJ90/#match-summary
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

19 August 2014

Last updated at 06:14 GMT

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Tom Adeyemi will be a top player

Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes new signing Tom Adeyemi will play a big part in the Bluebirds campaign this season.

The 22-year-old signed from Birmingham on a three-year deal has played in the club's draw at Blackburn and 3-1 win against Huddersfield on Saturday.

“He wins the ball really well for us, switches the play and scores goals as well”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Cardiff host Wigan in the Championship on Tuesday and Solskjaer has tipped Adeyemi to have a good season.

"He's going to be a top, top player for us," said Solskjaer.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28841126
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Chris Powlay ‏@BoroYouths 1m
Big Kenneth Omeruo given the MOTM award, outstanding at the back. @chelseayouth
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

patrick wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
patrick wrote:

Not sure though, BTW, He provided an assist today.

Omeruo inspires Boro to an away win

Tom Adeyemi and Hope Akpan played 90 minutes

http://www.flashscore.com/match/ETL2CJ90/#match-summary
Jordan Obita Also played 90
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

CARDIFF CITY 1-0 WIGAN ATHLETIC
Mark Carter ‏@MarkLewisCarter 2h
Good solid professional performance from @CardiffCityFC tonight. Thought @brayfordjohn and Fabio were excellent and Tom Adeyemi bossed it.
5:15 PM - 19 Aug 2014 · Details
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Wolves vs Fulham Extended highlights

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/augus ... ves-replay
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

1. Clean sheet again for Carl Ikeme again

2. 90 minutes for Omeruo & Adeyemi

3. Odubajo hangs

http://www.flashscore.com/match/neaqPdg6/#match-summary
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Shoot Awards: Football League
September 2, 2014
By Sean Walsh

Sky Bet Championship

Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month: Igor Vetokele (Charlton Athletic)

Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month: Stuart Pearce (Nottingham Forest)

Huddersfield Town vs Nottinham Forest Capital One Cup 2nd Round

Sky Bet Championship Team of the Month:

GK: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
DF: Matt Doherty (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
DF: Joe Mattock (Sheffield Wednesday)
DF: Richard Stearman (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
DF: Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion)
MF: Bakary Sako (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
MF: Joao Carlos Teixeria (Brighton and Hove Albion)
MF: Eunan O’Kane (AFC Bournemouth)
MF: Michail Antonio (Nottingham Forest)
ST: Igor Vetokele (Charlton Athletic)
ST: Britt Assombalonga (Nottingham Forest)
http://shoot.co.uk/shoot-awards-football-league/