MUSA MOHAMMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Abbey
Egg
Egg
Re: MUSA MOHAMMED

Post by Abbey »

Looks like Rohr is sold on Musa Mohammed per the link below ...
http://t.guardian.ng/sport/eagles-not-y ... hr-admits/
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I find this Musa Mohammed story quite suspicious...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj wrote:I find this Musa Mohammed story quite suspicious...
Let them keep on writing rubbish. FYI, Odubajo crutches have been removed and he will be back before the end of November.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Pat, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Moses decline an invitation? I think it was for one of the games managed by Yusuf.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

The YeyeMan wrote:Pat, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Moses decline an invitation? I think it was for one of the games managed by Yusuf.
I heard it as well n then again Pinnick reteirated that it is a done deal- dude will play for Nigeria.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

patrick wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Pat, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Moses decline an invitation? I think it was for one of the games managed by Yusuf.
I heard it as well n then again Pinnick reteirated that it is a done deal- dude will play for Nigeria.
It's interesting...

I wonder how Pinnick/the NFF decide which players to pursue in this way; what guarantees, if any, they're given for making themselves available for Nigeria; whether the senior coach has any input into which players are targeted; and whether this is a long-term strategy - i.e. will it outlast Pinnick?

Take your suggestion from another thread that Nigeria look at a young German-born fullback - if the player is approached is the rationale to fill a talent gap where a need for a full back has been identified; or to simply increase the talent pool, etc; and would Rohr green light the approach or are these decisions taken over the coach's head? Just open question cuz I'm curious to know the strategy behind this since Nigeria has been aggressively targeting players born in the diaspora since Pinnick became president of the NFF.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He was involved with Hull's championship play-offs at the time of those friendlies.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:
He was involved with Hull's championship play-offs at the time of those friendlies.
OK, I see.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Finally.......a RB that can cross the ball. Ope o! We thank god for his blessings. Shehu is out of the job again after ending up in Cyprus. Rough week on a brother!
Jegede Shokoya... Did you actually watch the game ?? the guy is terrible on crosses and not a great defender.. go back and look at all the crosses in the game VS tanzania.. either he over crosses or under crossed.... high work rate from him, very low skill level !!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think he played well, don't know why una dey wahala the bobo like this
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

patrick wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
patrick wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
patrick wrote:Hey folks,

Take it easy, Basak paid a lot for him and the club won't be stupid to put him on bench. Dude did not play a single pre season game and he has been declared surplus to requirement. The search continues for A legit RB, Ola Aina, Odubajo and Kevin Akpoguma(Rohr will use his German connection) are players we should go after.
Dont understand your post. Are you saying Basak has released him after paying a lot of money for him ? And by this you infer he is not the right solution ?
He is a liability, you don't want to take a risk on a player that is not playing for his club w.r.t WC qualifiers. We gone down this road before,I remember what I told u guys about Shehu n It happened against Germany. FYI, he is not the answer.
Do you think he played well yesterday?
Nope, I just watched d game now n d boy is not d answer, bad positional awareness, grasscutter crosses n getting bullied at will, d search continues.
Wow, Patrick.. you are beginning to sound like Solowe...critical in depth unvarnished analysis of the player....no fluffy patriotic patronizing stuff... Good for you !! Welcome to the dark side . :biggrin: :biggrin:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I just re-watched the match and Musa played very well. He combined very well in attack with his namesake, Ahmed Musa, and in defence with Ekong. He put in a few decent crosses and Mikel almost scored in the 13th minute from one of his crosses. More importantly, the Tanzanians did not put in a single cross from his position, so i don't understand what Damunk meant by posting he left a hole in the back that an ashi would have been proud of.
Onazi had a good game as well apart from a few misplaced passes which came as a result of fatigue as he covered a lot of the field. The team as a whole played very well in a high tempo manner and the only player, who did not play well IMO was Ighalo. He is the shadow of the player that put Stones and Sakho on their backsides. He appears to be short on confidence, Rohr needs to work on Ighalo's confidence to get him back to his best.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:I just re-watched the match and Musa played very well. He combined very well in attack with his namesake, Ahmed Musa, and in defence with Ekong. He put in a few decent crosses and Mikel almost scored in the 13th minute from one of his crosses. More importantly, the Tanzanians did not put in a single cross from his position, so i don't understand what Damunk meant by posting he left a hole in the back that an ashi would have been proud of.
Onazi had a good game as well apart from a few misplaced passes which came as a result of fatigue as he covered a lot of the field. The team as a whole played very well in a high tempo manner and the only player, who did not play well IMO was Ighalo. He is the shadow of the player that put Stones and Sakho on their backsides. He appears to be short on confidence, Rohr needs to work on Ighalo's confidence to get him back to his best.
my brother i weak ooo,, i don't know what game they watched, but Musa was very impressive..Also he is a good freekick taker. That was his first ever competitive game at the senior level.
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

People have their agenda so it is what it is. Musa clearly played well and Rohr has taken note. If there are better options there's no reason why they shouldn't be tried, but lets not belittle one player to lift up another. You don't know how the new player will do, but I'm sure even if they played poorly some folks will ask for more time based on their agenda. But the guy that has actually done well they can't wait to get rid of without even a second look...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

he gave us width, and also allowed Ahmed to drift inside, he made so many completed crosses. the boy is good
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Musa Mohammed In Danger Of Losing National Team Spot Unless…..

By owngoaladmin

Sep 9, 2016

Former captain of the Nigeria Under-17 and 20 national team Musa Mohammed is in danger of losing out on a place in the Nigeria senior national team, according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Mohammed made his competitive debut for Nigeria in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers dead rubber tie which Nigeria won 1-0 against Tanzania, in the first game of new manager Gernot Rohr as coach of the Super Eagles.

The full back lasted the entire duration of the game and was applauded by the new coach for his performance in the tie. But reports indicates he could be axed from the team unless his club form improves.

Rohr wants all his players to be regulars at their club side but that is presently not the case with Mohammed who has struggled to break into the first team of his turkish side. A situation that could cost him his national team spot.

Since moving to Turkey last summer, he is yet to make a league appearance for modest side Istanbul Basaksehir. He has as a matter of fact made just 5 appearances for the team, all in cup games.

The 19 year old didn’t play a single minute of the club pre season games and after three round of games in Turkey he is yet to be named in the match day squad.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/09/mu ... ot-unless/
I am happy
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Is that guy on the coaching staff Nigerian? If so, who is he?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote:Image

Is that guy on the coaching staff Nigerian? If so, who is he?
Salisu Yusuf
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:Musa Mohammed In Danger Of Losing National Team Spot Unless…..

By owngoaladmin

Sep 9, 2016

Former captain of the Nigeria Under-17 and 20 national team Musa Mohammed is in danger of losing out on a place in the Nigeria senior national team, according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Mohammed made his competitive debut for Nigeria in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers dead rubber tie which Nigeria won 1-0 against Tanzania, in the first game of new manager Gernot Rohr as coach of the Super Eagles.

The full back lasted the entire duration of the game and was applauded by the new coach for his performance in the tie. But reports indicates he could be axed from the team unless his club form improves.

Rohr wants all his players to be regulars at their club side but that is presently not the case with Mohammed who has struggled to break into the first team of his turkish side. A situation that could cost him his national team spot.

Since moving to Turkey last summer, he is yet to make a league appearance for modest side Istanbul Basaksehir. He has as a matter of fact made just 5 appearances for the team, all in cup games.

The 19 year old didn’t play a single minute of the club pre season games and after three round of games in Turkey he is yet to be named in the match day squad.
We don't have a single RB that's playing regularly for his claim b so nothing spoil here. Don't know why we can't try ONAZI at RB.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Thought SE may try him there again. He was tried there by Keshi at the CAN 2013 but the result was not so good at that time. Could be different now.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:Musa Mohammed In Danger Of Losing National Team Spot Unless…..

By owngoaladmin

Sep 9, 2016

We don't have a single RB that's playing regularly for his claim b so nothing spoil here. Don't know why we can't try ONAZI at RB.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Two words : Ola Aina.

This kid is the truth. He can play RB, LB, CB and possibly can step into midfield if needed. Proper kid. Grown up attitude. Naija parentage 100%. England is waiting for him to break into CFC before caping him. NFF need to move super fast and quit sleeping on the job as usual. Also, Mikel as our Capito should step in and recruit his CFC teammate, Ola. He can and should pay the boys parents a visit to soften them up before coach and NFF roll thru to close the deal. Also, as Bro Pato mentioned, perhaps one or more London based CE's can help either by nudging mikel into action or going direct to Ola and his folks. These folks are our people. Please.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:Two words : Ola Aina.

This kid is the truth. He can play RB, LB, CB and possibly can step into midfield if needed. Proper kid. Grown up attitude. Naija parentage 100%. England is waiting for him to break into CFC before caping him. NFF need to move super fast and quit sleeping on the job as usual. Also, Mikel as our Capito should step in and recruit his CFC teammate, Ola. He can and should pay the boys parents a visit to soften them up before coach and NFF roll thru to close the deal. Also, as Bro Pato mentioned, perhaps one or more London based CE's can help either by nudging mikel into action or going direct to Ola and his folks. These folks are our people. Please.

Was very impressed with him in preseason, despite the Madrid game...Thought it was a fluke until he remained in the first team squad...

Couldn't agree more.

Patrick do something....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Aina is one player who, if he continues at his current rate of progress, will be capped by the England team. Here's where we need the likes of Larry, Prince, Patrick, Sir V et al to have a word with those who can persuade him to represent Nigeria. However, as G4L says, by far the biggest draw will be the influence of Mikel.

And of course, England will get wind of any official or unofficial approach and will pressure him to continue in their colours.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024