Simon Moses Cries Foul Play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses Cries Foul Play

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
lekanlij wrote:if salah is going to world cup with 3-4 weeks injury.... why can't Simeon Moses. He was a key part of our qualifying and even scored in Cameroun I think so we shouldn't be quick to set him aside. All the players that helped us qualify should go except Mike Agu who really hasn't stood out in matches.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But the Agent made an exception for Agu...
Obviously have another client warming up.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:Like im and Ndidi dey di same level? Ndidi has had time for his injury to heal.
So they believe Simon alleged thigh injury will heal before the WC?
Would you drop a healthy forward, say Musa, for an injured Moses Simon?
Who exactly amongst his position competitors is he hoping to be dropped to carry an injured Simon?
KPOM!!

The way this conspiracy theory drivel is being bandied about, you would be forgiven to think that a desperate agent or administrator rushed onto the field of play to tackle him during practice resulting in said injury. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:I forgot to add that I know Simon Moses very well and I am in direct contact with him on a regular basis.

He is like my son but I have not discussed these issues with him personally and I got my information from people close to him.

I have had this information since Tuesday night but I have been very busy to post.

I am sure that there have been further developments since and I will find out in the morning.

Enyi wrote:
zee wrote:
Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:Simon Moses has cried foul in the way he was sensationally dropped from SE World Cup team.

Here is a sequence of events.

Simon Moses suffered a slight injury in camp.

He had a scan on his injury in Port Harcourt (PH) and it was concluded from the scan that he will be out for 4 weeks.

Simon Moses says he knows his body very well and from past experience, he should recover in a few days.

Simon Moses expressed his dissatisfaction about the way he was being dropped and he requested further scan from hospital/clinic with better scanning equipments.

The team was getting reading to leave PH for Abuja and say goodbye to President Buhari and it was agreed that there will be a further scan test in Abuja but the boy says he wants a scan done in London rather than any hospital in Nigeria.

Scan was done in Abuja and was reviewed by a doctor in Premier League club and he concluded that he will be out for 8 days.

He was eventually dropped and he reckons that there is MAGO MAGO.
Larry Asagbe, had a good reputation here until today....the statement that a doctor in the premier league told him that he will be out for 8 days is false.....

No doctor worth their salt will comment on a scan without seeing the patient, in fact I remember the first injury Rosicky had at Arsenal, the doctor said and I quote...we do not treat radiographs, we treat people. If you want my opinion then I need to see the player.

Secondly, even if he had a simple injury to his muscle, it will rake at least 2weeks to settle down if he is a fast healer and possibly another week or two to be match fit....the boy will be out for at least 4 weeks simple.

It is quite unfortunate that Larry came here to post this garbage and then left....I cannot remember him posting the source of the story, unless it is from someone in the boy's camp as ppl here put it. :boo: :boo: :boo:
Larry thx for confirming most of my point. u see, i bet that Simon Moses does not think ill of anyone or even the coach. He probably understands given the level of unity in this camp. Ppl that are close to him, being typical Nigerians, have resorted to bringing out this rubbish news hoping to sway public opinion for him to go to the WC but as u can see, it is backfiring here and I believe that will be the case in Nigeria as well

Talk to the boy and you will definitely hear a different story........

Please tell us what u found out so that ppl here will ave a better view of the kid....Advice him, even if he misses this WC, they will be other events but if he ostracises himself from the group now, he will regret it come August.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

pajimoh wrote:
Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:Simon Moses has cried foul in the way he was sensationally dropped from SE World Cup team.

He had a scan on his injury in Port Harcourt (PH) and it was concluded from the scan that he will be out for 4 weeks.

Simon Moses says he knows his body very well and from past experience, he should recover in a few days.

Simon Moses expressed his dissatisfaction about the way he was being dropped and he requested further scan from hospital/clinic with better scanning equipments.

The team was getting reading to leave PH for Abuja and say goodbye to President Buhari and it was agreed that there will be a further scan test in Abuja but the boy says he wants a scan done in London rather than any hospital in Nigeria.

Scan was done in Abuja and was reviewed by a doctor in Premier League club and he concluded that he will be out for 8 days.

But he's going to be checked in England. The fact that they are seeking 3rd opinion shows they really want him on the team.
KPOM!!
yes o
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

wanaj0 wrote:Agents trying to derail our WC hopes.

Injury or not, the coach has the RIGHT to drop ANY player as he deems fit.
My fear exactly. To me, is Rohr who is being treated badly here. He got a report and dropped the player, but we now know his agents have forced a second and now a third scan. What message are we passing to the coach here?
To stop trying is to start dying
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Everybodi just dey yarn dem own without having a clue what the actual injury is. Some injuries (in fact, some diseases) don't 'show their hand' immediately and you just have to allow for time to play its part.
Sometimes there is time, sometimes there isn't.

Like someone said, if there was a conspiracy to drop him why would they consider doing a THIRD scan?
A patient cannot demand for a third scan, it has to be medically justifiable. So it suggests there is some equivocation on the nature and severity of the injury.
No amount of pressure from interest groups or even Simon Moses himself can force an unnecessary scan.

If Mo Salah had a similar injury to his leg, (rather than his current shoulder injury) you can be sure he'd be straight out of WC reckoning.
So whoever is comparing the two scenarios (Moses v Salah) needs a straight red card.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Agents do NOT need to be anywhere near the hotels or training ground in order for them to influence the decision making of the team.

Please bear this in mind, when money is involved in anything, you will see a different side of most people.
oscar52 wrote:I am not sure I won't think Mago Mago as well if I was Simon. He is a key member of the team like Iheanacho, Victor, Onazi, Troost etc. If those guys get hurt am sure the coach will take a wait and see approach to them not rush to plug their spot with the next man up. I smell pressure is on Rohr from agents to pick their wards so players he deems expendable that have any knocks will be promptly replaced.

Code: Select all

Pinnick and the NFF leadership should make the national teams an agents free zone. Any agent on the premises should be told to leave not hanging around the training pitch influencing decisions and putting undue pressure on the coaches.
[/size][/b]
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
lekanlij wrote:if salah is going to world cup with 3-4 weeks injury.... why can't Simeon Moses. He was a key part of our qualifying and even scored in Cameroun I think so we shouldn't be quick to set him aside. All the players that helped us qualify should go except Mike Agu who really hasn't stood out in matches.

Am not a football agent oh.....just SE fan. I see no merit in players that weren’t involved in securing ticket displacing those who fought and won us qualification. It’s hugely unfair to take any of Idowu, ebuiehi, Nwankwo, Joel Obi over other players that were actively involved in qualifications - the only exception being Agu who although involved was quite poor throughout.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the starting lineup for our first match isn’t too dissimilar from qualification matches.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Like a boxer stopped by his coach for his own good, Simon's reaction is understandable. Gernot Rohr probably does not want a half fit player onboard. FIFA's squad of 23 is regarded as too small already.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

lekanlij wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Am not a football agent oh.....just SE fan. I see no merit in players that weren’t involved in securing ticket displacing those who fought and won us qualification. It’s hugely unfair to take any of Idowu, ebuiehi, Nwankwo, Joel Obi over other players that were actively involved in qualifications - the only exception being Agu who although involved was quite poor throughout.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the starting lineup for our first match isn’t too dissimilar from qualification matches.
Fairness got nothing to do with it....................it is only CURRENT form & fitness that counts.
Anyway................Agents will always be Agents. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

zee wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Fairness got nothing to do with it....................it is only CURRENT form & fitness that counts.
Anyway................Agents will always be Agents. :mrgreen:
I wonder what would've happened if we had a coach and NFF Boss who very corrupt. Na disaster. :) :) They closed the department of droplogy. :lol: :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lekanlij wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is pure sentiment and with all due respect, a disastrous policy to have.
Form comes and goes and there are all sorts of reasons why players that helped team qualify don't get to attend the Big Dance.
PROFESSIONAL players understand this much more than you do.
It is normal practice for many players that help a team qualify for promotion for instance to get dropped for better and more expensive new players to enable the team survive in their new, higher league.
They get it and accept it, painful as it is.
They get the fact that a country goes to the WC with its BEST players, and the country does not owe anybody anything.
To play for your country is an honor, not a right.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Form comes and goes and there are all sorts of reasons why players that helped team qualify don't get to attend the Big Dance.
It is normal practice for many players that help a team qualify for promotion for instance to get dropped for better and more expensive new players to enable the team survive in their new, higher league.
They get the fact that a country goes to the WC with its BEST players, and the country does not owe anybody anything.
Yes for clubs BUT not for National Team. You don't want to change the 'team' just before a tournament.

Also you don't want to encourage behaviours that give the impression that some players are not interested in qualifiers. You need to be fair with people and treat them with respect.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

lekanlij wrote: if salah is going to world cup with 3-4 weeks injury.... why can't Simeon Moses. He was a key part of our qualifying and even scored in Cameroun I think so we shouldn't be quick to set him aside. All the players that helped us qualify should go except Mike Agu who really hasn't stood out in matches.
MAYBE because half fit Salah is BETTER than any other fully fit players they have. Same cannot be said of Simon Moses.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Yes for clubs BUT not for National Team. You don't want to change the 'team' just before a tournament.

Also you don't want to encourage behaviours that give the impression that some players are not interested in qualifiers. You need to be fair with people and treat them with respect.
Dropping a player for a better one is neither being 'unfair' nor is it disrespectful.
Like I said, professional players get it.
Going to the WC or a continental championship isn't an individual 'reward'. If at all, it is a team 'reward' but that reward is only a means to an end.
Playing on such huge stages is not an end in itself unless that team/country has very limited ambitions.

There is no way an Onyekuru or a Seyi Ojo would have an out-of-the-blue Messi-like or Salah-cious end of season and I would stick with Musa and Onazi (for instance) just because they did the hard work of qualifying the team. It'd be "thanks for your dedication and effort guys, but we are on a mission to win and I'll have to let you go. Sorry." :idea:

I thought you were a hard-nosed realist and it doesn't sound like you to introduce sentiment when concete results are required.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
Dropping a player for a better one is neither being 'unfair' nor is it disrespectful.
Like I said, professional players get it.
Going to the WC or a continental championship isn't an individual 'reward'. If at all, it is a team 'reward' but that reward is only a means to an end.
Playing on such huge stages is not an end in itself unless that team/country has very limited ambitions.

There is no way an Onyekuru or a Seyi Ojo would have an out-of-the-blue Messi-like or Salah-cious end of season and I would stick with Musa and Onazi (for instance) just because they did the hard work of qualifying the team. It'd be "thanks for your dedication and effort guys, but we are on a mission to win and I'll have to let you go. Sorry." :idea:

I thought you were a hard-nosed realist and it doesn't sound like you to introduce sentiment when concete results are required.
Which is why for a TEAM you need to be careful how you ADD and CHOP players without disturbing the peace and harmony in the team. Adding a better player can even weaken the team.

So we are saying the same thing. With the concept of TEAM in mind, evaluate whether you want to add a supposedly 'better' player and the impact on Team Morale.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wanaj0 wrote:
lekanlij wrote: if salah is going to world cup with 3-4 weeks injury.... why can't Simeon Moses. He was a key part of our qualifying and even scored in Cameroun I think so we shouldn't be quick to set him aside. All the players that helped us qualify should go except Mike Agu who really hasn't stood out in matches.
MAYBE because half fit Salah is BETTER than any other fully fit players they have. Same cannot be said of Simon Moses.
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

This entire medical saga (if true) is bullsh-t... :boo: :boo:

Moses Simon is not likely to be "tournament-fit" within 2 weeks; so what's the noise all about..?

And truth be told, he's no Wilfred Ndidi, so the comparison is plain ridiculous...

Its all on Rohr....

Me, I may risk a half-fit Ndidi (just like Brazil with Neymar; Egypt with Salah...) ...but a half-fit Simon..? No chance...

That's my tuppence...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

FATHER TIKO wrote:This entire medical saga (if true) is bullsh-t... :boo: :boo:

Moses Simon is not likely to be "tournament-fit" within 2 weeks; so what's the noise all about..?

And truth be told, he's no Wilfred Ndidi, so the comparison is plain ridiculous...

Its all on Rohr....

Me, I may risk a half-fit Ndidi (just like Brazil with Neymar; Egypt with Salah...) ...but a half-fit Simon..? No chance...

That's my tuppence...
Kpom.......just like Germany is doing with Neuer.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I think you really have to think about the context of these things. Conspiracies can occur in any events where stakes are high. For the World Cup, stakes are extremely high. It is a gateway to bigger payday, make no mistake about it. This explains the Henry Onyekuru conflict at his club. DfOr Soimon who is certain that he would have made the World Cup team bar injuries, you can imagine the frustration. Surely he would wish to be on the team. Knowing the fact that shenanigans can occur in Nigeria, I can fully understand the reason for his camp to call for examination elsewhere. Besides, even e;sewer medical opinions differ. Note the issue with Onyekuru's treatment that occurred between doctors in Belgium and in London. Note also Nwankwo Kanu's visit to several doctor's about his heart ailment till he found one who believed surgery could correct the situation. Thus, medical interpretations differ. Simon clearly knew that he would make the team without the injury and I can understand his team's desperate actions to ensure that he makes the team. This may include alleging conspiracy and the likes to force additional scans. If you create enough doubt then minds are going to be change. Think Trump. Think badgering of referees. That is the tactics here. It certainly has worked. However, the coach must make a final decision soon but in the interim he has successfully staved off the hammer.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu May 31, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

zee wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:This entire medical saga (if true) is bullsh-t... :boo: :boo:

Its all on Rohr....

That's my tuppence...
Kpom.......just like Germany is doing with Neuer.
Key players (even half-fit key players) offer much more than playing ability to a squad...

Is Moses Simon a key player in the current SEagles...?

The obvious answer to that question may dictate Rohr's decision...because when all is said and done, it must be Rohr's decision...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Cellular wrote: Like im and Ndidi dey di same level? Ndidi has had time for his injury to heal.
According to Rohr, both men are key members of the Nigerian WC campaign and were highly instrumental contributors in their own different ways. It's a bit disingenious of you to insinuate that one player is 'bigger' than the other.
Cellular wrote: So they believe Simon alleged thigh injury will heal before the WC? Would you drop a healthy forward, say Musa, for an injured Moses Simon?
And how sure are you that his injury will not heal sooner? Already, there were 2 conflicting prognosis received in Nigeria (PH - 3-4 weeks and Abuja - 8 days). That, in itself, is proof that a third opinion is warranted. As of today (May 31st) , we have 17 days before our 1st match, which is more than enough time for him to heal and be fit, if the second prognosis is to be believed. Also, it is common knowledge to all and sundry that, baring injury, Simon would have made the list of 23 as only 1 of 2 true out and out wingers on the team - the other being Victor Moses. All that he is asking is for an alternate prognosis from a medical source that is reputable and trustworthy (i.e. a specialist in London).
Cellular wrote:Who exactly amongst his position competitors is he hoping to be dropped to carry an injured Simon?
Again, Simon did not have to 'displace' anyone to be on the list of 23. He worked hard, was an important contributor to the campaign and rightfully earned his spot on the team. No need to disparage him just because he is fighting for something he worked hard for and earned!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Otitokoro wrote:
Cellular wrote: Like im and Ndidi dey di same level? Ndidi has had time for his injury to heal.
According to Rohr, both men are key members of the Nigerian WC campaign and were highly instrumental contributors in their own different ways. It's a bit disingenious of you to insinuate that one player is 'bigger' than the other.
Cellular wrote: So they believe Simon alleged thigh injury will heal before the WC? Would you drop a healthy forward, say Musa, for an injured Moses Simon?
And how sure are you that his injury will not heal sooner? Already, there were 2 conflicting prognosis received in Nigeria (PH - 3-4 weeks and Abuja - 8 days). That, in itself, is proof that a third opinion is warranted. As of today (May 31st) , we have 17 days before our 1st match, which is more than enough time for him to heal and be fit, if the second prognosis is to be believed. Also, it is common knowledge to all and sundry that, baring injury, Simon would have made the list of 23 as only 1 of 2 true out and out wingers on the team - the other being Victor Moses. All that he is asking is for an alternate prognosis from a medical source that is reputable and trustworthy (i.e. a specialist in London).
Cellular wrote:Who exactly amongst his position competitors is he hoping to be dropped to carry an injured Simon?
Again, Simon did not have to 'displace' anyone to be on the list of 23. He worked hard, was an important contributor to the campaign and rightfully earned his spot on the team. No need to disparage him just because he is fighting for something he worked hard for and earned!
He earned NOTHING if......injured.