We need to hire a local coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That’s why I said he is not interested in an honest discussion.
How does Joachim Low even enter the discussion on the kind of problems we have in Nigeria?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway Bigporkey and OgaCellular@DiTop will meet him for lunch.
So it’s all good :thumb:
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 pm Why Joachim Low, a white man with a European team, as the example? Why not the Ghana black star coach, or the Chadian national team coach? Are they not local coaches?
Doc, meet who for lunch?

I am thankful to God say I don reach age where I fit say anything to anybody in their face. Even the ones way talk loudly or shout you down...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:31 pm We will save ourselves in costs and get better results from a local coach.

Nigeria has just been coasting along with Rohr as coach. We have lost our way.

He should just get his retirement cheque and leave us alone.
You guys are real funny.
On the one hand you complain that local coaches are not being treated fairly, but here you are advocating for exactly that - paying our local coaches less.
Take solace in the fact that you are not alone.
It’s all about building a watery case against Rohr…”Yeah, he’s paid too much”.
But by arguing that, you undermine the case for local coaches being properly paid.

Classical catch-22 situation.

Cancel that point, cos it ain’t happening and shouldn’t happen

I take it you haven’t researched it at all and are going on what fits your case.
FYI, Keshi and Oliseh were paid roughly the same amount, if not more if you factor in everything.

So sorry, you ain’t saving SHISHI. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

A top white coach. No??
Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:37 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 pm Why Joachim Low, a white man with a European team, as the example? Why not the Ghana black star coach, or the Chadian national team coach? Are they not local coaches?
Joachim Low is a Top Coach.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Let the Olodos and Oyimbo worshippers like Van city Eagles , Pinnick and co learn

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:58 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
Easy question- Amunike.
Completely untrue- let's no go too far. Here in CE Van City is a Nigerian who does not trust any Nigerian to coach for the super Eagles. He believes they are in corrupt.
And you absolutely disagree with this, right?
Where does the evidence lie?

On Amuneke's coaching pedigree, what does the evidence suggest?

We ALL need honest answers.
Pls don't come at me with a mindset that I "worship white skin" and "lick white ar$e$"
Leave that one for the simple minded with 'issues'.
Please.
We just want to have a grown up discussion. :thumb:
Do you understand that Amunike has the same badges as Guardiola?
That’s great, but the debate is not about certificates.
Do you not understand this?

Pedigree: All the past experiences or achievements of someone or something, especially when this shows that they are good or successful

With all due respect to Amuneke, I’m not sure he and Guardiola have the same pedigree. Not even close.

Maybe you can compare him to someone else. :idea:
Yes, let's compare Rohr with Amunike. What was Rohr's pedigree before he was hired?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:00 am Let the Olodos and Oyimbo worshippers like Van city Eagles , Pinnick and co learn

Dude is a worldclass coach, NFF should go for him ASAP
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is right, but that wasnt/ isn't the case with Nigeria. With Nigeria, we had one local coach use his connection in Aso rock to hold the team to ransom and another coach abandon the team in the middle of a tournament. We even had one before that, that did not know how many points he needed to qualify for the WC . Remember the Angola game? The NFF had no choice but to look elsewhere.

Anyone crying about local coaches in Nigeria not getting the opportunity is playing to the gallery. I bet none of them supported Amodu (RIP) when some of us were being accused of being from his village for supporting him.! And he was a great coach.
highbury wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:00 am Let the Olodos and Oyimbo worshippers like Van city Eagles , Pinnick and co learn

Last edited by 1naija on Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:10 am He is right, but that wasnt/ isn't thehe case with Nigeria. In Nigeria, we had one local coach use his connection in Aso rock to hold the team to ransom and another coach abandon the team in the middle of a tournament. We even had one before that, that did not know how many points he needed to qualify for the WC . Remember the Angola game? The NFF had no choice but to look elsewhere.

Anyone crying about local coaches in Nigeria not getting the opportunity is playing to the gallery. I bet none of them supported Amodu (RIP) when some of us were being accused of being from his village for supporting him.! And he was a great coach.

When did you ever support a local coach?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:10 am He is right, but that wasnt/ isn't the case with Nigeria. With Nigeria, we had one local coach use his connection in Aso rock to hold the team to ransom and another coach abandon the team in the middle of a tournament. We even had one before that, that did not know how many points he needed to qualify for the WC . Remember the Angola game? The NFF had no choice but to look elsewhere.

Anyone crying about local coaches in Nigeria not getting opportunities is playing to the gallery. I bet none of them supported Amodu (RIP) when some of us were being accused of being from his village for supporting him.! And he was a great coach.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:17 pm
cchinukw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:31 pm We will save ourselves in costs and get better results from a local coach.

You guys are real funny.
On the one hand you complain that local coaches are not being treated fairly, but here you are advocating for exactly that - paying our local coaches less.
But by arguing that, you undermine the case for local coaches being properly paid.

I take it you haven’t researched it at all and are going on what fits your case.
FYI, Keshi and Oliseh were paid roughly the same amount, if not more if you factor in everything.

My bro, we can still make our local coaches comfy on a decent salary package without breaking the bank.

Also we can encourage them with training and performance bonuses.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 am

You guys are real funny.

My bro, we can still make our local coaches comfy on a decent salary package without breaking the bank.

But guy…Keshi was in the process of renegotiating his pay at some point.
Nobody said he wasn’t worth it at the time.
In fact there was a controversial statement he made about Africans not appreciating our own coaches and that included paying them below their market value. He described some of the mediocre foreign coaches as “carpenters”, yet they get paid well.
Rohr’s salary in the general scheme of things is nothing great for a national team coach. Amuneke or Finidi shouldn’t be paid less simply because they’re Nigerian. Oliseh was on about $25k a month if I remember correctly. Keshi slightly more.

I think there’s an unspeakable reason why those arguing for local coaches at the moment are a little silent when it comes to their pay.
This is NIGERIA as they never fail to remind us. We want the best, wherever they come from.

So why shouldn’t we pay the national team coach a competitive salary, whether Nigerian or foreign?

That’s the moral dilemma you and others are grappling with. :D
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:11 am

You guys are real funny.

But guy…Keshi was in the process of renegotiating his pay at some point.
Nobody said he wasn’t worth it at the time.
In fact there was a controversial statement he made about Africans not appreciating our own coaches and that included paying them below their market value. He described some of the mediocre foreign coaches as “carpenters”, yet they get paid well.
Rohr’s salary in the general scheme of things is nothing great for a national team coach. Amuneke or Finidi shouldn’t be paid less simply because they’re Nigerian. Oliseh was on about $25k a month if I remember correctly. Keshi slightly more.

I think there’s an unspeakable reason why those arguing for local coaches at the moment are a little silent when it comes to their pay.
This is NIGERIA as they never fail to remind us. We want the best, wherever they come from.

So why shouldn’t we pay the national team coach a competitive salary, whether Nigerian or foreign?

That’s the moral dilemma you and others are grappling with. :D
Fair dos. :thumb:

Glad the conversation has moved on from when I stopped following the local vs foreign coaches to the substance - decent remuneration and retention.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Pinnick asked Keshi to go for refresher course, Keshi refused!

You guys are real funny.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have always supported local coaches as long as they can get the job done. What I do not do is play to the gallery with fake blanket support of local coaches.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:53 am
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:10 am He is right, but that wasnt/ isn't thehe case with Nigeria. In Nigeria, we had one local coach use his connection in Aso rock to hold the team to ransom and another coach abandon the team in the middle of a tournament. We even had one before that, that did not know how many points he needed to qualify for the WC . Remember the Angola game? The NFF had no choice but to look elsewhere.

When did you ever support a local coach?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:50 pm Pinnick asked Keshi to go for refresher course, Keshi refused!

You guys are real funny.

Is he even planning for life after ePa?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is he? And what is ePa?
cchinukw wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:40 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:50 pm Pinnick asked Keshi to go for refresher course, Keshi refused!

You guys are real funny.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:55 pm Who is he? And what is ePa?
cchinukw wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:40 pm

You guys are real funny.

Pinnick and Pa Rohr

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let's not forget ....

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:13 am
Bell my brother,
I don’t buy into sentimental arguments. I just try as best I can to deal with the facts as presented or available.
Your post is sentimental.
When you start saying things like “all because a coach asked for lunch money…”, I can’t take you seriously.
Really?
That’s what you got from the interview?
Okay now. The coaches are all very ambitious and are being frustrated by a self-centered group of incompetents that refuses to train them.
Happy now? :D

No need debating these things when people are simply unwilling to take a deep dive and adjust their viewpoints and arguments from what they’ve held in their heads from 19-eighty-something.

People had a chance to go one-on-one with a top NFF official, well-publicized, no holds barred but refused to take it.
Now they are back repeating the same old diatribe as if stuck on repeat, casually dismissing anything and everything raised and discussed.
What does that say about us, whether ‘in’ office, or out? :idea: :idea: :idea:

You don’t have to agree with anything. But at least refresh every so often in light of changing circumstances and new information.
We are not the only ones that, just like you, ‘know’ exactly what to do from our armchairs.

Some people actually get up, step up and try to make a difference.
Which group do you belong to?

That should be your first question. :idea:
Pinnick was in the DC area (Baltimore, Maryland) and I told him as much.

The problem is with the Leadership... PINNICK! He is a difficult man to have conversations with because he knows it all plus he has had bad experiences listening to the wrong people.

And yes, I understand after the President, INEC Chairman, the next hottest position in the country is quite possibly the NFF President but Pinnick is not doing enough to address the coaching issue. His halfhearted experiment with Oliseh is not enough justification to jettison hiring local coaches or at the very least, BLACK coaches.

He doesn't see the far-reaching effect of Naijaria being at the forefront of black renaissance. Look at what his counterpart at the NBBF, Engr. Musa Kida did with Nigerian Basketball... Dude could have hired the myriad of white coaches in the NBA... but he chose Mike Brown for a reason.
I’m missing your point.
Are you not supporting hiring Nigerian coaches?
Well a Nigerian coach who lives in the US, Nwora, qualified the country for the Olympics and was doing well with the team only to get sacked and then later reinstalled as Mike Browns assistant.

If anything that’s a slap in the face and a bloody insult to a Nigerian coach who was actually doing a creditable job
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle Cellulite does not care about that. He probably didn't even know Mike Brown was the Nigerian Basketball team coach until last week. :D He is just saying things to please the "natives" as he calls them, that's why he is all over the place. :D One minute he is Malcolm X pro black coaches, the next minute is asking local black coaches to get validation from white coaches, and praising white coach Joachim Low. :D
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:28 pm
Bell my brother,
I don’t buy into sentimental arguments. I just try as best I can to deal with the facts as presented or available.
When you start saying things like “all because a coach asked for lunch money…”, I can’t take you seriously.
Really?
Okay now. The coaches are all very ambitious and are being frustrated by a self-centered group of incompetents that refuses to train them.

No need debating these things when people are simply unwilling to take a deep dive and adjust their viewpoints and arguments from what they’ve held in their heads from 19-eighty-something.

People had a chance to go one-on-one with a top NFF official, well-publicized, no holds barred but refused to take it.
Now they are back repeating the same old diatribe as if stuck on repeat, casually dismissing anything and everything raised and discussed.

You don’t have to agree with anything. But at least refresh every so often in light of changing circumstances and new information.
We are not the only ones that, just like you, ‘know’ exactly what to do from our armchairs.

The problem is with the Leadership... PINNICK! He is a difficult man to have conversations with because he knows it all plus he has had bad experiences listening to the wrong people.

And yes, I understand after the President, INEC Chairman, the next hottest position in the country is quite possibly the NFF President but Pinnick is not doing enough to address the coaching issue. His halfhearted experiment with Oliseh is not enough justification to jettison hiring local coaches or at the very least, BLACK coaches.

He doesn't see the far-reaching effect of Naijaria being at the forefront of black renaissance. Look at what his counterpart at the NBBF, Engr. Musa Kida did with Nigerian Basketball... Dude could have hired the myriad of white coaches in the NBA... but he chose Mike Brown for a reason.
I’m missing your point.
Well a Nigerian coach who lives in the US, Nwora, qualified the country for the Olympics and was doing well with the team only to get sacked and then later reinstalled as Mike Browns assistant.

If anything that’s a slap in the face and a bloody insult to a Nigerian coach who was actually doing a creditable job
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bell my brother,
Really?

I’m missing your point.

NOT SURE BROWN vs NIGERIAN FOREIGN COACHES ARE COMPARABLE

1) Basketball is relatively new to Nigeria whereas Nigeria has played football over 70 years and there is no visible program for indigenous coaches.
2) Basketball does not have the stature, nor does it consume the resources that football does.
3) Brown's tenure is temporary and he's coaching without a salary.
4) As an NBA coach, Brown is at a level not attained by Nigerian foreign coaches (except Bertie Vogts)
5) It's possible that having Brown as coach encouraged some of the players to sign up to play.
Bell
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bell wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 am
Bell my brother,
Really?

I’m missing your point.

NOT SURE BROWN vs NIGERIAN FOREIGN COACHES ARE COMPARABLE

1) Basketball is relatively new to Nigeria whereas Nigeria has played football over 70 years and there is no visible program for indigenous coaches.
2) Basketball does not have the stature, nor does it consume the resources that football does.
4) As an NBA coach, Brown is at a level not attained by Nigerian foreign coaches (except Bertie Vogts)
5) It's possible that having Brown as coach encouraged some of the players to sign up to play.
Bell
Chief yer going off on a tangent.
It’s comparable because Cellular used it as an example.
If he didn’t use it then it wouldn’t have been mentioned
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 am NOT SURE BROWN vs NIGERIAN FOREIGN COACHES ARE COMPARABLE

Bell
Thanks for the info.
I’m not sure too many people are aware of this.

Maybe we should be looking to do the same in football.
I’m sure there are many top (black) coaches willing to take us to the promised land for free since we say we are paying Rohr far too much. :tic: