How about a Local coach with a foreign assistant

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: How about a Local coach with a foreign assistant

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:33 pm
I didn’t ask them to perform in Europe…can’t they start on their own continent? Who on the continent is seeking to hire Nigerian coaches? Let’s start there…I know for a fact that our league is not competitive on the continent and rarely makes a dent in continental competitions which speaks to the quality of the league and inherently the quality of the coaching. I saw how poor Finidis team was recently in the continental match we all watched here, his team was poorly coached and easily dispatched by Wydad home and away. There are no stand out coaches showing their pedigree back home, if there were it would be quite obvious…An Amodu was quite obvious, a Keshi was quite obvious…
You live in America.

If you don't know that the coaching fraternity is a good ol boy network then you must be living under a rock.

The reason why you don't see people clamoring for Naijarian coaches in the continent is because of the lack of network, connections as we call it.

Here in America, they knew they had a problem with hiring of minority coaches (black coaches) so they had to institute a rule in American Football called the Rooney Rule.

Talk to ex-players here or overseas and they will tell you that there's a bias and a big time barrier into getting coaching opportunities. Some players get lucky that they meet a manager who was willing to give them a flyer.

Mike Emenalo who went into football management got lucky. Met Avram Grant who hired him as a scout and trusted him enough and pushed him to become a football executive. Kolo Toure and Yaya Toure are some of the lucky ones who got a break and had former managers give them an opportunity.

Cote D'Ivoire just won the AFCON. Their coach was right there sitting as an assistant coach as the whole country watched the man almost fritter away an opportunity for them to win the AFCON. They would have stuck with the man... but it took a desperate moment for them to turn to their local coach and this was after they couldn't secure the services of Herve Renard.

You ask that the local coaches show their pedigree first by being competitive in the continent. It is an insincere or at best an ignorant statement when you know fully well that the reason they are not competitive is not for lack of coaching or talent but for a lack of RESOURCES. You are comparing them with teams that are well-funded.

When ENYIMBA of Aba was dominating the continent, they were doing so because they were well funded by a football mad governor.

Ps., try to watch the local league. You might be surprised by the high level of football being played. Don't let your bias cloud your ability to see that inspite and despite the environment, they are putting a good product on display.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:30 pm
I didn’t ask them to perform in Europe…can’t they start on their own continent? Who on the continent is seeking to hire Nigerian coaches? Let’s start there…I know for a fact that our league is not competitive on the continent and rarely makes a dent in continental competitions which speaks to the quality of the league and inherently the quality of the coaching. I saw how poor Finidis team was recently in the continental match we all watched here, his team was poorly coached and easily dispatched by Wydad home and away. There are no stand out coaches showing their pedigree back home, if there were it would be quite obvious…An Amodu was quite obvious, a Keshi was quite obvious…
You live in America.

If you don't know that the coaching fraternity is a good ol boy network then you must be living under a rock.

The reason why you don't see people clamoring for Naijarian coaches in the continent is because of the lack of network, connections as we call it.

Here in America, they knew they had a problem with hiring of minority coaches (black coaches) so they had to institute a rule in American Football called the Rooney Rule.

Talk to ex-players here or overseas and they will tell you that there's a bias and a big time barrier into getting coaching opportunities. Some players get lucky that they meet a manager who was willing to give them a flyer.

Mike Emenalo who went into football management got lucky. Met Avram Grant who hired him as a scout and trusted him enough and pushed him to become a football executive. Kolo Toure and Yaya Toure are some of the lucky ones who got a break and had former managers give them an opportunity.

Cote D'Ivoire just won the AFCON. Their coach was right there sitting as an assistant coach as the whole country watched the man almost fritter away an opportunity for them to win the AFCON. They would have stuck with the man... but it took a desperate moment for them to turn to their local coach and this was after they couldn't secure the services of Herve Renard.

You ask that the local coaches show their pedigree first by being competitive in the continent. It is an insincere or at best an ignorant statement when you know fully well that the reason they are not competitive is not for lack of coaching or talent but for a lack of RESOURCES. You are comparing them with teams that are well-funded.

When ENYIMBA of Aba was dominating the continent, they were doing so because they were well funded by a football mad governor.

Ps., try to watch the local league. You might be surprised by the high level of football being played. Don't let your bias cloud your ability to see that inspite and despite the environment, they are putting a good product on display.
Cell

The problem is that people think that the hiring of coaches is fair. Remember, in the 1940s and 1950s people also thought employment in the UK and USA was also fair. .....until the introduction of laws showed have race and old boys network influence such. Today in football, the hiring of managers in Eurooe is decidedly ancient. In fact, the use of a consultant and wide interview opportunity by Nigeria is far more modern than the crap used in Europe. It provides fairer opportunity. In any case, my pupil will think odawise. Afterall how Naija go do anything beta Dan Oyibo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You live in America.

Likes of Keshi and Amunike were able to get jobs outside of Nigeria, I guess they were part of the good ol boy network? If they could join what stops others?

You mentioned Ivory Coast assistant, and he has invested in his career, he has coaching badges from his time in Nice. At the age of 40 he’s already coached the Nice U-17 and U-19, and coached the Clermont reserve team. From there became coach of the CIV U-23 team before rising to assistant coach of the main team. He has his coaching badges and has invested in himself to learn the craft and thus was rewarded. He deserves to be where he’s at and he TOOK his opportunity and showed how good he can be. We took a chance with Oliseh and he didn’t take his chance? Worse is some people here are even calling for his return. And he hasn’t had any further success in coaching since he failed with us, so it’s very odd to hear his name mentioned. He doesn’t even coach anymore. But if you show us Nigerian coaches on the right trajectory and I won’t have an issue giving them a chance with the NT, but they have a responsibility to invest in themselves rather than just looking for handouts.

You are acting like we are against Nigerian coaches when all we are saying is show us the ones investing in themselves, getting the necessary badges, taking coaching seriously and attaching themselves to youth teams to learn and are showing progress. I don’t mind a Finidi, or Egbo, but there are not many others that look the part, maybe an Amunike can also be added to the list, but his Tanzanian team was really poor. He didn’t take his chance when he had it…

I do watch the local league from time to time and its is NOT a high level of football, quite the opposite if I may say. It can be entertaining but it’s poorly organized in every way from the onfield play to everything else…If you say it’s lack of resources that’s making them not compete on the continent then you are admitting the low quality of the league in general and if there is no resources to improve the league it permeates all aspects of the league including coaching. You will not be able to properly train viable coaches without adequate resources.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bell wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:52 am
iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:31 am
Bell wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:28 am IF THE ALLEGATION IS TRUE THAT THERE ARE NO QUALIFIED IC's, AND...

...to be sure, it's not true, I'm quite willing to get the best qualified one now and allow Nigeria to lose with them until they can start churning out qualified ones. Foreign coaches have come and gone and Nigeria has hardly made progress.

It appears many here are using this qualification thing to justify their preference for a foreign coach. Here are some arguments against that:

-Nigeria, starring foreign coaches in the latest AFCON, went against smaller countries who came with their own coaches and Nigeria hardly overwhelmed them.
-When CIV had their FC, they lost to Nigeria; when they installed a local, they beat Nigeria.
-Senegal has been just fine with one of their own.
-Westerhof did not have a distinguished career before and after he left Nigeria.
-Bonfrere had no distinguished record before the NFA elevated him to head coach; ditto Peseiro; ditto Rohr.

Even some of those who want a Nigerian coach have said they would accept a highly qualified FC, like Mourinho. I'm not even willing to do that in part because it would only delay the day Nigerian coaches would be the norm but also such coaches coming to Nigeria guarantees nothing - the quality of players is a far bigger factor in determining success than the coach.
Bell
You just highlighted one of the crucial aspect of the challenges plaguing our country. I hope that you know that our leaders are reflection of our society. You cannot have a morally upright organizations or government in a society where corruption, tribalism, and xenophobia prevail among the people. The mentality that only our own people can provide solutions can limit our progress across various sectors. Whether in politics, governance, corporate affairs, or sports, prioritizing merit over tribe or nationality is essential for success. Once we start picking qualified candidates for roles and positions in all aspects of our society and organizations, then we will achieve success.

I don’t give a damn if we win competitions with foreign coaches or not. At the end of the day, what matters is the achievement itself and the positive impact it brings to our nation. The history books will remember Nigeria's victories, regardless of the coach's nationality.

Contributions of German Jews to America and USSR in making them superpowers (i.e. atomic bomb and rocket technology), emphasize that competence and collaboration transcend nationality. What's important is harnessing the best talent available to drive progress and success.
YEAH, RIGHT…

…Nigeria can only make progress if all jobs are outsourced and labeled “Nigerians Need Not Apply”. Why not the presidency also?

If the sin of reserving one position ONLY in the country to Nigerians is xenophobia, what do you call the sin of telling Nigerians they’re not eligible to apply for certain jobs in the land of their birth?

Some xenophobia. Have you considered that there are hundreds of thousands of jobs – transportation, health, education, entertainment, hi tech, construction, energy, agro, religion, etc – open to foreigners?

Nigeria has employed foreign coaches on and off over 70 years and are still not able to find a qualified local? Actually, they can: the truth is that there are Nigerians who strangely have confidence only in foreign coaches and their blood pressure rises when they see a local patrolling the sidelines. How can you find qualified Nigerians if you deny them the job in the first place. Oh, yes, they should go and prove themselves in Europe first and then return to Nigeria. Meaning that Europe should employ coaches Nigeria considers unqualified.

The ”German Jews” who helped the US & USSR – were they foreigners or citizens?
Bell
You seem to be misinterpreting my stance. I never suggested that Nigerians should not apply for the job. What I'm emphasizing is the fundamental principle of meritocracy in the application process. It's important for everyone, regardless of nationality, to understand and appreciate the role of merit when seeking a position.

Personally, I hold no bias towards whether the national team coach is a local or a foreigner. What truly matters is the individual's qualifications and proven track record. My past discussions on Cybereagles demonstrate my wholehearted support for coaches such as Amodu, Oliseh, Siasia, and late Keshi (until concerns arose about his abuse of power with evident corrupt actions). For me, merit and demonstrated competence are paramount considerations in selecting the right candidate for such a crucial role.

There's certainly nothing wrong with coaches proving themselves on the local scene, as Amodu admirably did over many years. When the opportunity arises, they can then demonstrate their skills on the international stage. Take, for instance, Olumide Ajibolade, the coach of Beyond Limits, who recently showcased his talent at the Viareggio Cup.

What might be hindering more Nigerian coaches from going abroad and proving themselves?? In other disciplines, Nigerians excel internationally; there's no reason why the same couldn't apply to coaching in soccer.

The appointment of the Ivorian coach (Emerse Faé) wasn't solely based on his nationality; rather, it was his soccer educational background and proven track record abroad that earned him the position. He invested in his education and gained valuable managerial experience abroad, which ultimately led to his recognition and appointment. This highlights the importance of qualifications and achievements in securing coaching roles, transcending national boundaries.
During the 2012–13 season, Faé joined the training center of his former club Nice in order to obtain his football coaching diplomas. After three seasons, he coached their under-17, then under-19 in 2018–19. On 8 July 2021, he became the head coach of Clermont reserve team.

On 20 May 2022, he became the manager of Ivory Coast U23, and assistant coach of Ivory Coast senior team under Jean-Louis Gasset. On 24 January 2024, Faé was appointed as caretaker of Ivory Coast starting from the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations round of 16, following the dismissal of Gasset.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerse_Fa%C3%A9
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 pm
You live in America.

Likes of Keshi and Amunike were able to get jobs outside of Nigeria, I guess they were part of the good ol boy network? If they could join what stops others?

You mentioned Ivory Coast assistant, and he has invested in his career, he has coaching badges from his time in Nice. At the age of 40 he’s already coached the Nice U-17 and U-19, and coached the Clermont reserve team. From there became coach of the CIV U-23 team before rising to assistant coach of the main team. He has his coaching badges and has invested in himself to learn the craft and thus was rewarded. He deserves to be where he’s at and he TOOK his opportunity and showed how good he can be. We took a chance with Oliseh and he didn’t take his chance? Worse is some people here are even calling for his return. And he hasn’t had any further success in coaching since he failed with us, so it’s very odd to hear his name mentioned. He doesn’t even coach anymore. But if you show us Nigerian coaches on the right trajectory and I won’t have an issue giving them a chance with the NT, but they have a responsibility to invest in themselves rather than just looking for handouts.

You are acting like we are against Nigerian coaches when all we are saying is show us the ones investing in themselves, getting the necessary badges, taking coaching seriously and attaching themselves to youth teams to learn and are showing progress. I don’t mind a Finidi, or Egbo, but there are not many others that look the part, maybe an Amunike can also be added to the list, but his Tanzanian team was really poor. He didn’t take his chance when he had it…

I do watch the local league from time to time and its is NOT a high level of football, quite the opposite if I may say. It can be entertaining but it’s poorly organized in every way from the onfield play to everything else…If you say it’s lack of resources that’s making them not compete on the continent then you are admitting the low quality of the league in general and if there is no resources to improve the league it permeates all aspects of the league including coaching. You will not be able to properly train viable coaches without adequate resources.
You don't need many, you need one.

Finidi was his assistant coach. Amuneke has coaching experience.

What do they have to do to be given an opportunity?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm
You live in America.

It's a reasonable suggestion that Finidi and Amuneke should first prove themselves with the youth teams, such as the U20 or U23 squads, similar to what Siasia accomplished.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:18 pm

It's a reasonable suggestion that Finidi and Amuneke should first prove themselves with the youth teams, such as the U20 or U23 squads, similar to what Siasia accomplished.
So let me understand this. After leading a top club to the league title (senior team), Finidi should take a step back in his career, go back and coach U20 or U23 before being considered for a senior job?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:54 pm

So let me understand this. After leading a top club to the league title (senior team), Finidi should take a step back in his career, go back and coach U20 or U23 before being considered for a senior job?

Have you ever watched the Nigerian league with a quarter of the attention you give to Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Toto?

And just to be clear, I'm not against Finidi...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:59 pm

Have you ever watched the Nigerian league with a quarter of the attention you give to Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Toto?
Although your question is completely unrelated to my question, I'll respond -

I dont watch Arsenal or Tottenham at all. I rarely watch Chelsea. So, Yes, I probably have watched the NPL with the same or a quarter of attention I give to Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No wahala.

Just to be clear, I was pro-Finidi when he was coaching in Europe and after a few games at Enyimba. Now, with him being part of the coaching crew over the last 2 years, were the team has been beyond rubbish, I am absolutely very skeptical and wouldnt give him the job. My choices remain:

- Ndubuisi Egbo
- Pitso Mosimane
- Hervé Renard
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

While winning the NPFL league title can showcase a coach's ability to lead and motivate a team domestically, it's essential to consider their performance in international and continental competitions organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF). These tournaments provide a more accurate gauge of a coach's capabilities on an international level, as they involve competing against teams from other nations rather than domestic Nigerian clubs. How did he fare in CAF competitions after winning the NPFL league title?

A coach's ability to navigate and succeed in such competitions demonstrates their readiness and suitability for leading the national team in international competitions where the stakes are higher and the competition is tougher.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 pm

While winning the NPFL league title can showcase a coach's ability to lead and motivate a team domestically, it's essential to consider their performance in international and continental competitions organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF). These tournaments provide a more accurate gauge of a coach's capabilities on an international level, as they involve competing against teams from other nations rather than domestic Nigerian clubs. How did he fare in CAF competitions after winning the NPFL league title?

A coach's ability to navigate and succeed in such competitions demonstrates their readiness and suitability for leading the national team in international competitions where the stakes are higher and the competition is tougher.
Thanks! What was the criteria used to hire Peseiro, after looking at his CV of 32 years?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 pm While winning the NPFL league title can showcase a coach's ability to lead and motivate a team domestically, it's essential to consider their performance in international and continental competitions organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF). These tournaments provide a more accurate gauge of a coach's capabilities on an international level, as they involve competing against teams from other nations rather than domestic Nigerian clubs. How did he fare in CAF competitions after winning the NPFL league title?

Wetin be Southgate's record in Premeirship?

De former German coach dey win for Bayern Munich left,right and centre, when him enter national team, wetin happen?

Joachim Löw record as club manager was not, ehm never mind, as National team manager, he was very good.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:24 pm
iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 pm

Thanks! What was the criteria used to hire Peseiro, after looking at his CV of 32 years?
It's evident that he brings a wealth of experience to the table, and his track record includes some recognizable successes, albeit on a smaller scale.
  • 1X SPANISH SUPER CUP WINNER (Real Madrid)
  • 1X UEFA Cup Runner Up (Sporting CP)
  • 1X PORTUGUESE LEAGUE CUP WINNER (SC Braga)
  • 1X EGYPTIAN CHAMPION (El Ahly)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Peseiro
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:38 pm
  • 1X SPANISH SUPER CUP WINNER (Real Madrid)
This is FALSE! He has never won the Spanish super cup. Queiroz did.
  • 1X UEFA Cup Runner Up (Sporting CP)
Is this a trophy?
  • 1X EGYPTIAN CHAMPION (El Ahly)
This is a LIE and I am not sure why it keeps being repeated. I have debunked this before. Martin Jol won the Egyptian title with Ah Ahly that year.

Peseiro coached Al Ahly from October 9 2015 to January 18, 2016. When he left them on Jan 18 2016, they were 3rd on the table. He was replaced by Abdul-Aziz Abdul-Shafi, who was caretaker. Abdul-Shafi led Al Ahly from 3rd to 1st position by March 1, 2016. He was replaced on March 1, 2016 by Martin Jol, who maintained Ah Ahly's position on the table and went on to win the Egyptian Premier League that season, finishing 1st.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:07 pm

No wahala.

Just to be clear, I was pro-Finidi when he was coaching in Europe and after a few games at Enyimba. Now, with him being part of the coaching crew over the last 2 years, were the team has been beyond rubbish, I am absolutely very skeptical and wouldnt give him the job. My choices remain:

- Ndubuisi Egbo
- Pitso Mosimane
- Hervé Renard

Would you support the hire of a person of European nationality whose football career matched Egbo's and managerial credentials was coaching in Albania?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:46 pm

No wahala.

- Ndubuisi Egbo
- Pitso Mosimane
- Hervé Renard

Would you support the hire of a person of European nationality whose football career matched Egbo's and managerial credentials was coaching in Albania?
No.

Egbo as a choice relates to the context behind his success. I have lived in the West long enough to know that as a black man, you have to be 10x better than your competition to get 10x worse the opportunities your white competition gets. Football is even worse. The likes of Moyes, Allardyce, Dyche get multiple opportunities to fail, but a black man will be lucky to get one opportunity to succeed.

For a black man (a Nigerian) to have the opportunity to be selected to coach a team and win the league (2020) and the super cup (2024), he must have the talent.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:56 pm
txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:46 pm

No wahala.

- Ndubuisi Egbo
- Pitso Mosimane
- Hervé Renard

No.

Egbo as a choice relates to the context behind his success. I have lived in the West long enough to know that as a black man, you have to be 10x better than your competition to get 10x worse the opportunities your white competition gets. Football is even worse. The likes of Moyes, Allardyce, Dyche get multiple opportunities to fail, but a black man will be lucky to get one opportunity to succeed.

For a black man (a Nigerian) to have the opportunity to be selected to coach a team and win the league (2020) and the super cup (2024), he must have the talent.

So it inevitably comes down to race.

And from your words, it disproves the assertion that Nigeria has many, many top level coaches...
Especially if we are looking in Albania, a country we would not dare invite a player from to the SE, even if he won three double titles in a row!!!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:13 pm
No, comes down to him being a winner who wins trophies. For instance, I wont hire Chris Hutton, because he is sh1t.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:17 pm
No, comes down to him being a winner who wins trophies. For instance, I wont hire Chris Hutton, because he is sh1t.

And would you invite a winner who wins trophies as a player, from Albania to the SE team?

To be clear, I'm not against Egbo. I'm just pointing to the inconsistency of the position and the reality of our lack of home grown options...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:24 pm

And would you invite a winner who wins trophies as a player, from Albania to the SE team?
No, I wont. He MUST play in Div 1 in one of the top 5 leagues.

However, like your previous question, there is an apparent hole in your question. A black player in Albania is different from a black coach in Albania. Like a white coach in Albania, black players have the opportunity to play in the top 5 leagues in Europe. If a white coach and a black player are good enough, they will be snapped up by a team in the top 5 leagues, easily -- for example, Rafiu Durosinmi who plays in Czech Republic was spotted by Frankfurt and would be playing for them today, but for the fact that Bushboy reared his cursed head.

Contrarily, a top/talented black coach who is doing well outside the top 5 leagues will likely NOT smell the top 5 leagues. And we know why.
To be clear, I'm not against Egbo. I'm just pointing to the inconsistency of the position and the reality of our lack of home grown options...
yea, I know. However, I do not think there are inconsistencies in my position.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm
You live in America.

I’m all for Finidi, esp as he’s already part of this team. I’ll take him over Amunike…If they insist on a foreigner I’d say I like what I saw from Angolas coach…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:49 pm
txj wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:24 pm

No, I wont. He MUST play in Div 1 in one of the top 5 leagues.

However, like your previous question, there is an apparent hole in your question. A black player in Albania is different from a black coach in Albania. Like a white coach in Albania, black players have the opportunity to play in the top 5 leagues in Europe. If a white coach and a black player are good enough, they will be snapped up by a team in the top 5 leagues, easily -- for example, Rafiu Durosinmi who plays in Czech Republic was spotted by Frankfurt and would be playing for them today, but for the fact that Bushboy reared his cursed head.

Contrarily, a top/talented black coach who is doing well outside the top 5 leagues will likely NOT smell the top 5 leagues. And we know why.
yea, I know. However, I do not think there are inconsistencies in my position.

The inconsistency lies in the fact that you would have the player take a further step in his career before inviting him to the SE, but readily catapult the coach to the SE, rather than him start with one of the older youth teams....