Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The decisions this bobo has made in his life speak volumes about his Character . Once he has retires he will realise that it is not always about the money.

Nigeria already has one liability in a non-scoring striker with misses Ighalo , we cannot afford two. I would rather Obafemi Martins.
Abegi some of you folks seriously need to give it a rest...

Nobody has the power of omnipotence to tell how Ideye's career may have progressed regardless of ANY decision or career moves he made. Accordingly, if he indeed made a lot of money, GOOD for him and his! The likes of Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Celtic), Lukman Haruna (Monaco), Kingsley Udoh (Athletic Madrid), Chrisantus Macauley (Hamburger SV), Chidera Ezeh (Porto), etc., chose higher visible clubs and where exactly has it left them? Meanwhile, Ideye who started with a small club in a small league, and has gone on to play in the French Ligue 1, the EPL, the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League Cup, and looks set to play in the La Liga, while garnering an AFCON winners' medal (in addition to a Greek league winners medal) as well as the National Honor of MON. I daresay the foregoing speaks pretty SOLID "volumes about his character"!
Chief Gotti,

Please stop using facts... we prefer that you tell us how you feel.

Thanks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

People are saying his agent is wonderful but the truth is the guy still has to perform wherever he goes. I always liked him. Great attitude, team player and a beast. I suspect that's why he has been more successful than more talented players.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Lets just agree to disagree concerning this bobo ........ You see whatever and I see wasted talent
Bros, not quite sure exactly what there is to "agree to disagree"...
EVERYTHING highlighted are FACTS rather than opinions - unless you are "disagreeing" with facts. :D

PS: And, just for the sake of discussion, how exactly can Ideye be classified as a "wasted talent"? Was he a youth superstar? Did he lead his youth competition in goal-scoring (like, for instance, Chrisantus)? Was he ever considered the Next-Big-Thing of Nigerian football (as, for example, Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna Lukman, the aforementioned Chrisantus, Isaac Success? Stanley "Little Messi" Okoro, etc.)? In fact, if I recall correctly the likes of 'Bentley' Akubueze and Oladapo (who moved to Boavista) were more highly touted at that 2007 U20 WYC than Ideye ever was. Frankly, if anyone has made the most of what appeared to most as relatively limited talent at youth level, Ideye has to be among the leaders.
If the “facts” are examined closely:he was a success in Norway, and France a major failure in the EPL a average performer in Greece and a failure in China. Champions league and Europa Cup made no impact. At international level has a Acon medal and made one World Cup squad. He failed to make the last World Cup squad was a disappointment during the confederations Cup.

I don’t understand why players such as christantus, Bentley etc were brought into this dicussion they never featured for the national team and have no relevance in discussion.

Brown was taken to the World Cup in South Africa so his potential was noticed. The fact that he made Keshi ‘s ACON winning squad playing a major role in the success is sufficient evidence that he was better than West Brom and should not have accepted to go there.The team in France he was playing for was and is a bigger team then West Brom. Again when he started to find his feet in Greece he forced a transfer to go to China ( most consider a retirement league) this reveals something in his character.

I wish him all the best in Malaga who are struggling at the wrong end of the table but don’t support his inclusion to the national team
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Flex Swift wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Lets just agree to disagree concerning this bobo ........ You see whatever and I see wasted talent
EVERYTHING highlighted are FACTS rather than opinions - unless you are "disagreeing" with facts. :D

PS: And, just for the sake of discussion, how exactly can Ideye be classified as a "wasted talent"? Was he a youth superstar? Did he lead his youth competition in goal-scoring (like, for instance, Chrisantus)? Was he ever considered the Next-Big-Thing of Nigerian football (as, for example, Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna Lukman, the aforementioned Chrisantus, Isaac Success? Stanley "Little Messi" Okoro, etc.)? In fact, if I recall correctly the likes of 'Bentley' Akubueze and Oladapo (who moved to Boavista) were more highly touted at that 2007 U20 WYC than Ideye ever was. Frankly, if anyone has made the most of what appeared to most as relatively limited talent at youth level, Ideye has to be among the leaders.
If the “facts” are examined closely:he was a success in Norway, and France a major failure in the EPL a average performer in Greece and a failure in China. Champions league and Europa Cup made no impact. At international level has a Acon medal and made one World Cup squad. He failed to make the last World Cup squad was a disappointment during the confederations Cup.

I don’t understand why players such as christantus, Bentley etc were brought into this dicussion they never featured for the national team and have no relevance in discussion.

Brown was taken to the World Cup in South Africa so his potential was noticed. The fact that he made Keshi ‘s ACON winning squad playing a major role in the success is sufficient evidence that he was better than West Brom and should not have accepted to go there.The team in France he was playing for was and is a bigger team then West Brom. Again when he started to find his feet in Greece he forced a transfer to go to China ( most consider a retirement league) this reveals something in his character.

I wish him all the best in Malaga who are struggling at the wrong end of the table but don’t support his inclusion to the national team
I agree with most of your post except when you said that he struggled in Greece. He was having his best ever season in Greece. He was the leading goalscorer in the Greek league with 15 goals by the middle of the season and that haul equalled his best ever tally of 15 league goals when he was with Sochaux in France. His club, Olympiacos were league leaders and in the knock out stages of the Europa Cup, and also a key member of his national team. He jeopardized all that by forcing a move to China because of money. That says all about his character and this is a fact not feelings.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Just bear in mind that Ideye's official age is 29, so I think the World Cup will be his swansong. However, for now, I am happy to go to Russia with Ighalo and Ideye as my two targetmen but after the tournament, we need to step up the search for long term replacements.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ideye is a better lone striker than Ighalo
If we are planning on playing one striker upfront and he proves he is back to full fitness, there is no justification in leaving him out of the squad to Russia
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Dammy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I agree with most of your post except when you said that he struggled in Greece. He was having his best ever season in Greece. He was the leading goalscorer in the Greek league with 15 goals by the middle of the season and that haul equalled his best ever tally of 15 league goals when he was with Sochaux in France. His club, Olympiacos were league leaders and in the knock out stages of the Europa Cup, and also a key member of his national team. He jeopardized all that by forcing a move to China because of money. That says all about his character and this is a fact not feelings.
Dammy I think we are saying the same thing ..... I agree with you....don’t think the World Cup is the right place to discover if Ideye’s form has returned and we don’t need two non scoring strikers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:Ideye is a better lone striker than Ighalo
If we are planning on playing one striker upfront and he proves he is back to full fitness, there is no justification in leaving him out of the squad to Russia

Not true. Rohr knew what he was doing when he dropped Ideye and brought Ighalo in as his targetman. You just need to look at the records of both of them in the English Premiership and in China.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

smartbrother, sorry but this is just pure nonsense. You go to a major tournament like this with Ideye as your lone striker, and your through balls will just keep dying untimely deaths.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
smartbrother, sorry but this is just pure nonsense. You go to a major tournament like this with Ideye as your lone striker, and your through balls will just keep dying untimely deaths.
If the bobo is back fit and playing Rohr go pick am, him and Ighalo! You must not have watch Nwakaeme vs Algeria, dude was a -1 all game, couldn't hold the ball up with his back to goal, things that Ighalo and Ideye make look easy. I trust Rohr sha :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ideye not moving to Malaga, may instead head back to France – Reports
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/25/i ... e-reports/
By admin - January 25, 2018, 2:08 pm186 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Brown Ideye is in Marbella, Spain, but has not signed to feature for La Liga side Malaga, while there are reports in the media that at least two mid-table clubs in the French Ligue 1 are interested in landing him on loan.

Ideye is in Spain in training camp with his Chinese club Tianjin Teda and reports now have suggested that an agent, who does not have a mandate, was behind reports that he has moved to Malaga.

Last summer, he was linked with Ligue 1 club Nantes.

He previously played for Sochaux in the French top league before he moved to Dynamo Kiev in Ukraine.

The Nigeria international is surplus to requirements at his Chinese club and wants to move so as to improve his chances of making the Super Eagles squad to the World Cup in Russia.

He has a contract till December 2019 with Tianjin Teda and could be shipped out on loan.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Enugu II wrote:
Ideye not moving to Malaga, may instead head back to France – Reports
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/25/i ... e-reports/
By admin - January 25, 2018, 2:08 pm186 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Brown Ideye is in Marbella, Spain, but has not signed to feature for La Liga side Malaga, while there are reports in the media that at least two mid-table clubs in the French Ligue 1 are interested in landing him on loan.

Ideye is in Spain in training camp with his Chinese club Tianjin Teda and reports now have suggested that an agent, who does not have a mandate, was behind reports that he has moved to Malaga.

Last summer, he was linked with Ligue 1 club Nantes.

He previously played for Sochaux in the French top league before he moved to Dynamo Kiev in Ukraine.

The Nigeria international is surplus to requirements at his Chinese club and wants to move so as to improve his chances of making the Super Eagles squad to the World Cup in Russia.

He has a contract till December 2019 with Tianjin Teda and could be shipped out on loan.

lol..two pages of talk based on false news chai !! see time devourers !
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:If the “facts” are examined closely:he was a success in Norway, and France a major failure in the EPL a average performer in Greece and a failure in China. Champions league and Europa Cup made no impact. At international level has a Acon medal and made one World Cup squad. He failed to make the last World Cup squad was a disappointment during the confederations Cup.

Actually, Bentley made his full SE debut in a 2007 friendly against Kenya... :D

Nonetheless, the "relevance" of each of the youth players listed in my posts is that they were touted far more than Ideye ever was as a youth player, so yet again wherein lies the "wasted" talent proclamation? Of course, I see you conveniently failed to see the other much-touted players listed that played for the SE (Rabiu Ibrahim, Lukman Haruna - who actually started in the same 2010 WC, Kingsley Udoh, etc).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Dammy I think we are saying the same thing ..... I agree with you....don’t think the World Cup is the right place to discover if Ideye’s form has returned and we don’t need two non scoring strikers.
Cute distraction, but not the discussion we are having (I have NOT canvassed for his recall)... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Not true. Rohr knew what he was doing when he dropped Ideye and brought Ighalo in as his targetman. You just need to look at the records of both of them in the English Premiership and in China.
Didn't Rohr drop Ighalo and brought him back? :blink:

In fact, didn't Rohr drop Omerua and Awaziem and subsequently brought them back? Personally, I am NOT canvassing for Ideye's recall (I have not seen the dude play in a minute), but reality is that if Ideye was/is playing well, the fact that he had been previously dropped by Rohr would NOT be a determinative factor. Bear in mind that (unlike the likes of Nwakaeme and Onyekuru) Ideye was actually a starter under Rohr less than 18 months ago, and not just dude sitting at the far end of the bench.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

deanotito wrote:
First of all my brother, I dont think you appreciate how good Ideye himself is at supplying through balls (and providing assists in general) for teammates.
Besides Iwobi and Mikel we have no one as good as Ideye on that front

Secondly i know we all love seeing beautifully weighted through passes.
But you must realise that it is far easier to play the ball directly to the feet of a striker than to thread a defence splitting through ball into his path
The former can be done by any player on the pitch with decent passing ability
The latter requires vision and deftness of touch very few players possess.

With Ighalo or Nacho leading the line, 90% of our forays into our opponents final third will be easily repelled because those guys can't hold up the ball
A good target forward like Ideye with the ability to link up with the attacking midfielders,hold the ball and pass it to a wide channel helps us create momentum and sustain pressure on the opposition
Which is ultimately what leads to goals and victory

Also his finishing is not remotely as bad as you claim.
His goalscoring record speaks for itself
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ideye is a good hardworking supporting striker. He doesn’t have the confidence to finish chances for super eagles but he makes up for it with hard work, assist, intelligence and unselfish. In fact, I will rather I Dey was my wingforward/supporting striker than Simon Moses or Ahmed musa. However, if you want a top 9 to score goals, ideye is not the answer. The guy misses more than he scores for super eagles and that’s not acceptable here. Ideas will be great as a supporting striker for iheanacho. Super eagles number striker for me is Iheanacho
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

[/video]
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good luck to him in Malaga - hope he passes the medical.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Just bear in mind that Ideye's official age is 29, so I think the World Cup will be his swansong. However, for now, I am happy to go to Russia with Ighalo and Ideye as my two targetmen but after the tournament, we need to step up the search for long term replacements.
What's your official weight?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Happy for Ideye. Good move for him if he hopes to be in the mix for a World Cup roster spot.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ideye is very talented. He just lacks the discipline to have made the best of his talents. If he did, he would have played for any of the Grade A clubs in Europe. I wish him the best.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What's the latest on his transfer?
I am happy