We Hve A Problem. How Far Do U Think We Go? 2nd Rnd Imposs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We Hve A Problem. How Far Do U Think We Go? 2nd Rnd Impo

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:Do you honestly expect us to beat a team with the likes of
Modric real
Rakitic Barca
Kovacevic real

Even if we exit at the first round, it shouldn’t be surprising because Croatia has better players than us
This is rubbish. It's not about the names.

Senegal managed to beat a star studded French team.

I could play better than some of these defenders.
So you think you can compare that seasoned Senegal team that came to the world cup having been baptised with the qualifiers and nations cup,where they beat a crack Nigerian side?

If you read again the points raised by the poster you are countering,if anything that Senegal team has none of the issues he raised. This team performed a miracle with the qualifiers, but I was not entirely sold on its readiness.....I would like to see them also at the Nation's cup before attempting to rate them for the World Cup. The nations cup has always been a good dress rehearsal for the world cup in my humble opinion. The closest you will get to creating a world cup simulation.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The real deal wrote:This is the POOREST SE team I have ever seen personally. A few people on this forum can see the decline in quality from Rahidi Yekini- Agahowa-Victor Aghali-Aiyegbeni-Osaze-Nsofor-Emenike and now Ighalo?? Ighalo?? Seriously??? Where w'd Ighalo fit in 1994....... Well, thats what we got now..... I'd be more afraid If we qualify....and it'd be by LUCK, IMHO.....
Our striker isn't as good, but the further down the field you go the better it looks.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

fabio wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
Enyeama came out against France and what happened? I kept for many years. Keepers are advised to play to their strengths...
Would you say in your many years of experience as a GK, do you have the confidence in the young GK considering the goals he has conceded so far..
Does he have enough club exposurr in competitive games to be a 1st choice at the World Cup? No! Have we found a goalkeeper for the future? Yes!

If you are poor in rushing out then don't do it. Take your chances on the line.

The Argentina goalkeeper in 1990 sucked they still got to the finals. The team needs to do their best to protect him. Defend as if he is not there at times.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

fabio wrote:
zee wrote:
Larry, the only problem we have is the ......................Goalkeeping position!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the match a couple of mins ago and the biggest problem we have is and still remains the keeper. I still maintain that our undoing(if any) at the WC will come as a result of the inexperience and skill-level of our keeper(s).
A normal AVERAGE top-flight keeper would have come out of his line and punch or pluck the cross that led to the goal............but our kiddie-keeper stayed rooted at his goal-line.
After all these years on CE you have decided to say the truth. Hallelujah.

I think they might be trying to give the young GK real match experience, just in case he is asked to keep in the WC.

The young GK is not yet ready for this level... He plays in third division in Spain.
Add to that poor defensive decision making by the backline.

The freekick goal is a good example. That gap wasn't even blocked. Terrible!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

MYMIND wrote:
fabio wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
Enyeama came out against France and what happened? I kept for many years. Keepers are advised to play to their strengths...
Would you say in your many years of experience as a GK, do you have the confidence in the young GK considering the goals he has conceded so far..
Does he have enough club exposurr in competitive games to be a 1st choice at the World Cup? No! Have we found a goalkeeper for the future? Yes!

If you are poor in rushing out then don't do it. Take your chances on the line.

The Argentina goalkeeper in 1990 sucked they still got to the finals. The team needs to do their best to protect him. Defend as if he is not there at times.
Argentine keeper @ 1990 SUCKED :shock: :bump:
Dude just leave the thread, is over your head.
Goycochea the penalty-killer, he was Argentina's talisman after Diego .
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo