Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena 4-2 PK

Post by metalalloy »

Tbite wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 pm Yusuf will eventually become a good player but he needs caps.
He is a good player now. Everyone makes mistakes.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Not the optimum performance but I’ll take it. All I can figure is that, providentially, the SuperEagles are saving the best for last. One or both of Iheanacho and Moffi need to be involved in the final. We must break the goal drought to have a genuine chance of beating our opponents, probably Ivory Coast, in the final🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-1) Ekong, Mokoena ET

Post by Damunk »

ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:45 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:51 pm If this goes to penalties, we will lose. Very frustrating going from apparently being 2:0 up to almost losing the game.
I am so scared, to be honest. I need to get out here. My heart is beating too fast at moment
I wuz wrong! :biggrin: And I am very happy to be wrong. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: When did we learn how to take penarity like dis? :thumbs:
Oga Ohsee, it’s about composure, nothing else.
Guess what?
If Osimhen had been on the field, he would probably have missed.
That’s if he had not opted out.
The pressure is unbelievable.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 pm
tolahs wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm I should celebrate but i feel a numbness like someone who just left jail.
You ave obviously never been to jail
Maybe he is talking about dropping the soap 😕
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Allah the lord of the worlds answered my supplication and we win, :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...SA goalie out foxed today.
Thank goodness for giant Nwabali.
All Moffi promoters, he came through, but should have controlled that runaway.
All that and more, we thank the players, they did well today, let's prepared for the next, Ivory Coast or DRC
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 pm
Tbite wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 pm Yusuf will eventually become a good player but he needs caps.
Inexperience is what i mean. You can't buy experience. I don't care how talented you are.

Maybe substitute good with great. Experience is earned.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

tolahs wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 pm I should celebrate but i feel a numbness like someone who just left jail.
U sound like a guy that’s experienced in going to jail :tic:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

My people, tell me, why is Nwabali playing in South Africa? Is he not good enough for Europe? He has really impressed me. But what do I know about footie? Can the exparts here explanate to me why he is still in SA?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:41 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:38 pm Thank goodness. Those commentators were too biased and super annoying. They thought they were playing Cape Verde.
BEst move i've done is watch games in Arabic transmission. Pure bliss.
So I've heard, I'll look out for it next time. I can't stand biased commentary, there's something unprofessional about it. Everything the South Africans do well received disproportionate praise, everything the Nigerians did well it was the South Africans could do better at stopping it. They spent the game telling us SA would be at an advantage if they go to penalties because of their experience with Cabo Verde, when the Nigerians won they said penalties are a game of luck. Where do they get these people from?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Yusuf made more than one mistake. I counted three poor defensive mistakes. Those are just the ones I counted....I could have missed some.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

No different from the innocent Iwobi mistake that kinda knocked us out of the last AFCON.
It happens.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tbite wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:49 pm
Inexperience is what i mean. You can't buy experience. I don't care how talented you are.

Maybe substitute good with great. Experience is earned.
Nothing on Yusuf, he will be good for SE….

No need to come on when he did…Iwobi was bossing the game from deep midfield
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Enyi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:49 pm
:woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm Oh boy this south africa will be a serious PROBLEM come world cup qualifiers.
we need to win our all home matches and other some away matches we only play South Africa twice both games can be drawn and we not only face South Africa in the World Cup qualifier, but we also have some like Rwanda and Zimbabwe, which
we all know African football does have a small team.
thanks
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

At least South Africa, won Grammy.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa (1-0) Ekong

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:38 pm to our players, NTOORRRRRRR!!! You are going home today. You want to behave like irresponsible children??? in a foooking semi finals??? your eye go clear today. Fooking cuntts!

That sequence of play is exactly what I have been warning about. I have been telling you people how you cannot be a winner and play football like that. Control the game!! control the game!! Yet, we have players who are twerking, playing without pattern and running headlessly! shebu you see am???
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:49 pm My people, tell me, why is Nwabali playing in South Africa? Is he not good enough for Europe? He has really impressed me. But what do I know about footie? Can the exparts here explanate to me why he is still in SA?
Not for long.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:45 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:51 pm If this goes to penalties, we will lose. Very frustrating going from apparently being 2:0 up to almost losing the game.
I am so scared, to be honest. I need to get out here. My heart is beating too fast at moment
I wuz wrong! :biggrin: And I am very happy to be wrong. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: When did we learn how to take penarity like dis? :thumbs:
Oga Ohsee, it’s about composure, nothing else.
Guess what?
If Osimhen had been on the field, he would probably have missed.
That’s if he had not opted out.
The pressure is unbelievable.
Osimhen is not the most confident penalty taker in the world… probably shouldn’t take any… but how does an experienced and confident player like Aina miss as badly as he did? You’re right, the pressure is absolutely unimaginable🤔❗️

Cheers.
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

I want to confess, I'm just watching the penalties now. My heart couldn't bear the stress anymore.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

This is a semifinal guys.. any win is a win!! No matter how talented a team is, they will never have it easy in a semifinal. In the end, experience saw the boys thru. SA thought they had this shootout in the bag. Congratulations to the boys!!
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:50 pm
No different from the innocent Iwobi mistake that kinda knocked us out of the last AFCON.
It happens.
If that is the only flaw you saw yes. It was more than that. Ever since he came on he made several mistakes. The penalty was coming. It happens like that. There are mistakes and then there are defenders who you can tell just have it coming.

Like I said. Iwobi makes mistakes by switching off....this just looked like lack of experience.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:49 pm
He certainly has experience in being banned. :lol: :lol: He will never forget what I did to him. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?