Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (1-0) Ajayi

Post by anointed »

Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:45 am
Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:40 am
anointed wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pm But Semi didn't receive the ball directly from a teammate
Watching the highlights, there was a Cameroon player defending the goal posts for the goal ruled offside?
U need two players behind the keeper to be onside
Not really.

You need two players, including the goalkeeper, to be closer to the goal line than the most advanced active opponent at the time the assist is made.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:40 am
Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:39 am
anointed wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pm But Semi didn't receive the ball directly from a teammate
Watching the highlights, there was a Cameroon player defending the goal posts for the goal ruled offside?
Me I no understand the offside rule again!!

A Cameroon defender was on the line therefore playing Ayayi on surely??? Or the ref missed it and only looked at the keeper? Another example of Cameroon cheating Nigeria of a goal scored
It's two players who have to be in that position. 99.99% of the times, a goalie will be that second player so we have become too used to thinking it's about one player. No, there must be 2 players and goalie is actually a player.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:28 pm

A Cameroon defender was on the line therefore playing Ayayi on surely??? Or the ref missed it and only looked at the keeper? Another example of Cameroon cheating Nigeria of a goal scored
It's two players who have to be in that position. 99.99% of the times, a goalie will be that second player so we have become too used to thinking it's about one player. No, there must be 2 players and goalie is actually a player.
Explain this one, so if Moses initial shot had gone in they would have wiped it off for offsides? Even though Osimhen and Ajayi were not interfering in the play? Ondoa saves it so now it’s a new phase of play and at the point of saving it Semi is onsides and scores..I just don’t get it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Post by anointed »

Too long and too confusing a rule
Law 11 Offside
1. Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
second-last opponent or
last two opponents
2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
interfering with an opponent by:
preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
challenging an opponent for the ball or
clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
been deliberately saved by any opponent
A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately played* the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.

*‘Deliberate play’ (excluding deliberate handball) is when a player has control of the ball with the possibility of:

passing the ball to a team-mate;
gaining possession of the ball; or
clearing the ball (e.g. by kicking or heading it)
If the pass, attempt to gain possession or clearance by the player in control of the ball is inaccurate or unsuccessful, this does not negate the fact that the player ‘deliberately played’ the ball.

The following criteria should be used, as appropriate, as indicators that a player was in control of the ball and, as a result, can be considered to have ‘deliberately played’ the ball:

The ball travelled from distance and the player had a clear view of it
The ball was not moving quickly
The direction of the ball was not unexpected
The player had time to coordinate their body movement, i.e. it was not a case of instinctive stretching or jumping, or a movement that achieved limited
contact/control
A ball moving on the ground is easier to play than a ball in the air
A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

In situations where:

a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge
3. No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
a goal kick
a throw-in
a corner kick
4. Offences and sanctions

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play.

An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside. A player who deliberately leaves the field of play and re-enters without the referee’s permission and is not penalised for offside and gains an advantage, must be cautioned.

If an attacking player remains stationary between the goalposts and inside the goal as the ball enters the goal, a goal must be awarded unless the player commits an offside offence or Law 12 offence in which case play is restarted with an indirect or direct free kick.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... ---offside
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Explain this one, so if Moses initial shot had gone in they would have wiped it off for offsides? Even though Osimhen and Ajayi were not interfering in the play? Ondoa saves it so now it’s a new phase of play and at the point of saving it Semi is onsides and scores..I just don’t get it.
Nope because, at that point, neither Semi nor Osimhen was interfering with the shot or the goalie's view.

We are in agreement per the bolded and I raised it during the match.

If you ask me, I think the offside confuses both FIFA and IFAB, just that I don't know who is more confused.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The goal would have stood. But as I emphasized in the other game (the Guinea Bissau one). There are in fact two common (I emphasise common for those that will nit-pick) ways to interfere with play, when you are offside. The first is being directly involved.

The second is when you obstruct the play by obstructing the vision of the keeper.

Another less common way is if a player were to prevent the opposing team team from challenging for the ball.

I don't think Osimhen and or Ajayi would have been deemed to be interfering with the play (based on the direct line of sight). Though they were close to the action, they were not in Ondoa's line of sight. They also were not challenging for the ball, at the time that Moses Simon took his shot.

This call is actually straightforward. the one I want to see again is the Guinea Bissau one.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Nope because, at that point, neither Semi nor Osimhen was interfering with the shot or the goalie's view.

If you ask me, I think the offside confuses both FIFA and IFAB, just that I don't know who is more confused.
I don't know why you say this. In this case, the judgement is very easy, which is why the referee barely took any time. If it were a back pass then it would have been interesting. Because that is not a save. If the defender that ordinarily deflected it was in fact deemed to have control of the ball and had the option of playing the ball as he deemed fit, and he played the ball back to the last defender, the goal would have stood.

As it were, he did not have control of the ball, he was simply trying to save the shot, it deflected off him. Even this is not confusing, because while you might think that a miscue might be deemed a deliberate pass for example, the defender has to have a number of options available to him. One of them being the opportunity of gaining possession of the ball.

So even a surgical tackle should not be deemed a deliberate pass if the player did not have the chance to gain possession of the ball, it is still a save. I think the laws are LENGTHY precisely because they are not ambiguous.

They have considered all the loop holes.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:11 am
spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:47 pmAt the risk of turning a football room into a political one:

Oh Please. There is no evidence they are 'highly' discriminated against. There is simply no evidence that they are uniquely discriminated against. That's just leftist propaganda.

And who has ever stopped a trans person from existing? Did I miss some news about a mass killing of trans-people? Oray tell if you are better informed. To say a transwoman is NOT a woman is NOT discrimination, its observing bioliogical fact.

You do better! Stop parroting western leftist propaganda and pretending to be holier than thou. Anyone can be the object of a joke. Including transpeople. And for the record, no one stops them from existing. But their ideology is a hindrance and detriment to cultural cohesion. And I won't pretend otherwise coz a few Nigerians wanna play Westerner.

And to compare trans to blacks is beyond silly. You can miss me with all that nonsesnse.

You are clearly obtuse and lacking in wisdom and intelligence. I did not "compare trans to blacks". I compared discrimination to discrimination. But you see, when one chooses and embraces intense stupidity as you have, one will see only through the parochial and jaundiced lenses that you are stuck with.

Transgenders have a right to live life free of discrimination and stupid, demeaning and discriminatory "jokes" and/or hateful words from foolish and immature fellow humans.

As for the rest of your strawman argument, I have zero time for it, and you can take your agenda elsewhere. But as long as you or anyone else spews foolishness anywhere within my line of sight or even peripheral view, you can bet your bottom dollar, I will call it out and smack it down.

Cheerio.
Padi, you compared trans discrimination to black discrimination. That's the issue. I know you are full of silly one-liners and repeated dogma, Let me quickly dispel one:

No One has "a right to live life free of discrimination and stupid, demeaning, and discriminatory "jokes" and/or hateful words." No one. Not a white, black, Asian, or Hispanic person, nor a man, woman, child, or trans person. You'd recognize this if you just thought through it for a second before you regurgitate some silly leftist dogma. If someone had that right then your insult-filled response to me would run afoul of that very ideal.

You are full of silly leftist sayings: "right to be free from jokes," "Call it out" "Smack it down." Yikes, could you be any more typical?

For the record, I didn't find the joke funny. it was a throwaway comment. Packerland said as much. But to your chagrin, I too am here to "Call out and smackdown" all those simple-minded types who are quick to parrot leftist jargon in an attempt to sound civilized or intelligent.

So you can be rest assured that anywhere I see anyone spewing leftist foolishness with no thoughts or facts backing up their emotional claim, you can bet your last Naira I'll be here to let you see say garri don pass water!

Guguru!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Brethren,
There’s a time and place.
This isn’t the best time not the best place for this debate. Please sheathe swords and let’s celebrate the re-birth of the Eagles.
Thanks
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

It was offsides. You need 2 players between your player and the opponent’s goal post. Goalie and their last defender (normally). So when the goalie is in play, and another player is in Goal, the gk is the ‘last man’. Hence a player behind the gk is offsides.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:35 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 pm So much for the ‘useless’, ‘ajebota’, ‘innit’ ‘rejects’ abi?
Shay una see why una be clueless fans? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Those most guilty know demselves and are now celebrating.
Next time, mechonu! :taunt:
No mind dem. Every taim, dem wan make we fire coach, even wen the problem no be coach dey cos-am.
Problem was the coach who kept on playing a system that we didn’t have the right players to execute. He has now found a system that works for the players we have and kudos to him. We would not be here today if he had continued with his preferred 4-2-4 formation.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

spastic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:08 pmPadi, you compared trans discrimination to black discrimination. That's the issue. I know you are full of silly one-liners and repeated dogma, Let me quickly dispel one:

No One has "a right to live life free of discrimination and stupid, demeaning, and discriminatory "jokes" and/or hateful words." No one. Not a white, black, Asian, or Hispanic person, nor a man, woman, child, or trans person. You'd recognize this if you just thought through it for a second before you regurgitate some silly leftist dogma. If someone had that right then your insult-filled response to me would run afoul of that very ideal.

You are full of silly leftist sayings: "right to be free from jokes," "Call it out" "Smack it down." Yikes, could you be any more typical?

For the record, I didn't find the joke funny. it was a throwaway comment. Packerland said as much. But to your chagrin, I too am here to "Call out and smackdown" all those simple-minded types who are quick to parrot leftist jargon in an attempt to sound civilized or intelligent.

So you can be rest assured that anywhere I see anyone spewing leftist foolishness with no thoughts or facts backing up their emotional claim, you can bet your last Naira I'll be here to let you see say garri don pass water!

Guguru!

I compared discrimination to discrimination. Any discrimination is discrimination. I know you are too daft and obtuse to get that, but I will keep drumming it into that thick membrane that you call a head.

And I will take you to the cleaners on this one because you are intellectually deficient. You say like a complete MAGA-like crackhead, "No One has "a right to live life free of discrimination and stupid, demeaning, and discriminatory "jokes" and/or hateful words." No one." Maybe in the degenerate and hateful society that you belong to and want to foster, that may be true. But in the civilized, humane, and intelligent society that the many of us want to live in, no human should be discriminated against for who they are. But if you live in a cesspit of hate and darkness, this will neither be visible not clear to you. And yes, I will continue to call out your foolishness and smack it down.

You are so cretinous, you live life as left and right. Dude, there is no left or right about what is right, what is decent, and what is sensible. But, it is clear you are cut from the same cloth as MAGA idiots where you must paint everything as left and right, woke and Trumpish. Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

I do NOT give a hoot whether you found the joke funny or not. Your sense of humor or lack thereof is completely irrelevant to me and to this critical branch out of this thread. If you were capable of reading and comprehension, that would be clear to you, but hoping or expecting you to be capable of either is setting you up for failure -- and you of course never disappointing in this regard.

Just try saying anything discriminatory against any group of people and it will quickly become clear to you that in this society of football lovers, we also do not and we will not tolerate the diseased mindset of dunces like you. If you believe the trash you wrote up there that no one has a right to live free of discrimination, try it in this forum, and you will learn very fast that there are societies like this one where your imbecility will never be tolerated. Try it.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 pm Brethren,
This isn’t the best time not the best place for this debate. Please sheathe swords and let’s celebrate the re-birth of the Eagles.
Thanks

Sleaky72, I hear you and I understand where you are coming from, and I wish this did not have to occur in this forum at all and in this area of the forum in particular. But some things are way more important than football, and this is one of them. So, it is not about sheathing swords but about being intolerant of hate and poisonous foolishness, and standing up against these any and everywhere they rear up their diseased and ugly hydra.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:47 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 pm So much for the ‘useless’, ‘ajebota’, ‘innit’ ‘rejects’ abi?

No mind dem. Every taim, dem wan make we fire coach, even wen the problem no be coach dey cos-am.
Problem was the coach who kept on playing a system that we didn’t have the right players to execute. He has now found a system that works for the players we have and kudos to him. We would not be here today if he had continued with his preferred 4-2-4 formation.
That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are not hungry enough”
“They don’t understand the African game”
“They are ajebotas - too soft for the African game”.
“They are not committed enough. Dem be Oyibo.”
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.
Why do I feel some are a little quiet right now, despite our impressive progress?
But wait for results to go against us, and…

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show demsef well-well
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

:boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:47 pm

That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.
Why do I feel some are a little quiet right now, despite our impressive progress?

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

You keep going with your narrative like players don't change?

Do you see anyone saying the same thing TODAY?

Could it be that they have adjusted to the African game?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 pm
Thanks

Sleaky72, I hear you and I understand where you are coming from, and I wish this did not have to occur in this forum at all and in this area of the forum in particular. But some things are way more important than football, and this is one of them. So, it is not about sheathing swords but about being intolerant of hate and poisonous foolishness, and standing up against these any and everywhere they rear up their diseased and ugly hydra.
Fair enough.
I however wish you’d both communicate on pm’s
and have a civil discourse. As it seems, neither party will change each others minds and escalation will just derail the whole thread. Just my two pence with all due respect …
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:03 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 pm
Thanks

Fair enough.
I however wish you’d both communicate on pm’s
and have a civil discourse. As it seems, neither party will change each others minds and escalation will just derail the whole thread. Just my two pence with all due respect …

If someone says or supports hateful or discriminatory things publicly, it must and it will be called out and smacked down publicly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This will make TXJ happy

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Of course not.
Which mouth una wan use talk am?
Oh really?
Suddenly, after like, two games Lookman, Bassey, Aina, Ajayi etc are suddenly “committed” and no longer ‘soft ajebotas’?
Wondafu!

Could it be the smear was totally wrong, unfair and in some cases downright malicious all along?

Abeg, make we enjoy AFCON fought by ALL Nigerians in the GWG regardless of place of birth.
If the SE play badly, pls as Presido help me announce that it has NOTHING to do with where they were born or grew up.

You can make it a sticky please. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk

Let me ask you a few questions:

1. Do you give consistent effort in all that you do? Do you think everyone gives consistent effort in what they do?

2. Do you believe people have an off-day?

3. Do you believe everyone in the Super Eagles play with the same drive in each game?

4. Is there a 'thing' like underrating an opponent or is that mere fiction?

5. Do you think Osimhen and Iheanacho give the similar level of effort in each game?

6. Do you think some may have stage fright and others not?

7. Do you think there are external things that impact people psychologically?

8-10 I wanted to get to 10 like Ayoakinfe but don't have his stamina. See difference that our players may have? LOL.
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:16 am
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Of course not.
Which mouth una wan use talk am?
Oh really?
Suddenly, after like, two games Lookman, Bassey, Aina, Ajayi etc are suddenly “committed” and no longer ‘soft ajebotas’?
Wondafu!

Could it be the smear was totally wrong, unfair and in some cases downright malicious all along?

Abeg, make we enjoy AFCON fought by ALL Nigerians in the GWG regardless of place of birth.
If the SE play badly, pls as Presido help me announce that it has NOTHING to do with where they were born or grew up.

You can make it a sticky please. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Tbite wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:13 pm
anointed wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:51 pm

I don't know why you say this. In this case, the judgement is very easy, which is why the referee barely took any time. If it were a back pass then it would have been interesting. Because that is not a save. If the defender that ordinarily deflected it was in fact deemed to have control of the ball and had the option of playing the ball as he deemed fit, and he played the ball back to the last defender, the goal would have stood.

As it were, he did not have control of the ball, he was simply trying to save the shot, it deflected off him. Even this is not confusing, because while you might think that a miscue might be deemed a deliberate pass for example, the defender has to have a number of options available to him. One of them being the opportunity of gaining possession of the ball.

So even a surgical tackle should not be deemed a deliberate pass if the player did not have the chance to gain possession of the ball, it is still a save. I think the laws are LENGTHY precisely because they are not ambiguous.

They have considered all the loop holes.

Then South Africa's goal against us in the QF in 2019 should not have been given. A South African player headed the ball, and it deflected off Odion's head to another South African player in an offside position to score. That goal was allowed.

Semi's goal IMHO should have stood.

By the way, he has impressed me so far in this competition.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The ref committed a huge blunder in disallowing Ajayi’s goal🤔❗️

Cheers
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:21 pm

It was offsides. You need 2 players between your player and the opponent’s goal post. Goalie and their last defender (normally). when the goalie is in play, and another player is in Goal, the gk is the ‘last man’. Hence a player behind the gk is offsides.So
Correct, but if the ball had come off that last player to Victor or Semi, then they'd be offside, but it came off another defender.
Semi received the ball from an opposing defender. Goal should have stood
May the Lord God Bless U real Good