Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:16 am
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are not hungry enough”
“They don’t understand the African game”
“They are ajebotas - too soft for the African game”.
“They are not committed enough. Dem be Oyibo.”
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.
Why do I feel some are a little quiet right now, despite our impressive progress?
But wait for results to go against us, and…

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show demsef well-well
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

:boo:
You keep going with your narrative like players don't change?

Do you see anyone saying the same thing TODAY?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Of course not.
Which mouth una wan use talk am?
Could it be that they have adjusted to the African game?
Oh really?
Suddenly, after like, two games Lookman, Bassey, Aina, Ajayi etc are suddenly “committed” and no longer ‘soft ajebotas’?
Wondafu!

Could it be the smear was totally wrong, unfair and in some cases downright malicious all along?

Abeg, make we enjoy AFCON fought by ALL Nigerians in the GWG regardless of place of birth.
If the SE play badly, pls as Presido help me announce that it has NOTHING to do with where they were born or grew up.

You can make it a sticky please. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I honestly think you mischaracterize that particular issue. The background was that for about the entirety of the Rohr years and subsequently, there was a general lackadaisical approach to games from the eagles. I remember falling asleep watching some of those games. The thing with Rohr was that at least he got results. Post-Rohr, the play was still lethargic and the results disappeared.

It led many fans to try and figure out why. An easy choice was to wonder if the foreign born had the same passion for the eagles that a typical Nigerian born player would. Tbh, I think the answer is still no, though passion can be developed. Those of us born and grown in Nigeria are subject to a series of indoctrinations from the day we are born (all countries have this). If you listen to our anthems, they are all calls to arms and filled with love for our country/Queen/whatever. All of this is indoctrination…and translates into sports. So for foreign born players that don’t have all this, a fan has to wonder if that’s why the team wasn’t hitting gears. Like I said, passion can be developed…and our foreign born players have definitely developed it.

When I look at people praising Osimhen for his passion/grit/desire, I honestly can’t relate as I think it’s no big deal. Because if I were so blessed to play for Nigeria, I can’t imagine playing any other way than to go to the limits of my body. That’s indoctrination
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:03 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 pm Brethren,
There’s a time and place.
This isn’t the best time not the best place for this debate. Please sheathe swords and let’s celebrate the re-birth of the Eagles.
Thanks

Sleaky72, I hear you and I understand where you are coming from, and I wish this did not have to occur in this forum at all and in this area of the forum in particular. But some things are way more important than football, and this is one of them. So, it is not about sheathing swords but about being intolerant of hate and poisonous foolishness, and standing up against these any and everywhere they rear up their diseased and ugly hydra.
Fair enough.
I however wish you’d both communicate on pm’s
and have a civil discourse. As it seems, neither party will change each others minds and escalation will just derail the whole thread. Just my two pence with all due respect …
:biggrin: :biggrin:
See me Sleaky-Deaky wey dey insult me anyhow for Rant and Rave playing "mature adult" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:16 am
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm That may well be the truest truth but my beef is with those that insisted on denigrating our foreign-borns:
“They are not hungry enough”
“They don’t understand the African game”
“They are ajebotas - too soft for the African game”.
“They are not committed enough. Dem be Oyibo.”
“They are rejects”.

It was pathetic.
Why do I feel some are a little quiet right now, despite our impressive progress?
But wait for results to go against us, and…

Dem go show,
Dem go show,
Dem go show demsef well-well
Dem go show.
Opposite Pipul!

:boo:
You keep going with your narrative like players don't change?

Do you see anyone saying the same thing TODAY?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Of course not.
Which mouth una wan use talk am?
Could it be that they have adjusted to the African game?
Oh really?
Suddenly, after like, two games Lookman, Bassey, Aina, Ajayi etc are suddenly “committed” and no longer ‘soft ajebotas’?
Wondafu!

Could it be the smear was totally wrong, unfair and in some cases downright malicious all along?

Abeg, make we enjoy AFCON fought by ALL Nigerians in the GWG regardless of place of birth.
If the SE play badly, pls as Presido help me announce that it has NOTHING to do with where they were born or grew up.

You can make it a sticky please. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I am shocked at your argument. Players do develop or do you prefer that once an opinion has been formed about a player that it should not be changed even in light of new evidence?

I will give you 3 prime examples, Lookman, Bassey and Ajayi. We saw Lookman tripping all over himself in the WCQ against Ghana. Overcome by stage fright that he wasn't able to play his normal club football. Same Lookman, see him at the AFCON. He has settled into the team and playing in the continent. He is the one dishing out the punishment and his aggression is showing. Should I (we) those of us who commented on what we saw still hold onto our previous observation in light of new evidence?

Bassey! In his first couple of games he was out of breath and out of sorts and was turned inside out during World Cup Qualifying. He went to Ajax didn't work out for him and returned to EPL and rediscovered his form. He came to the AFCON and bossed things around. Now he is the ENFORCER. Has yet to lose ANY one-on-one duel. Is comfortable on the ball and his own skin.

Ajayi! He was previously okay but in the first game at this AFCON he was bodied off the ball a couple of times. He adjusted and played alot harder/stronger is one of our better performers.

Even our Captain, Ekong is a different player. Because EXPERIENCE counts. It is not a lack of ability. It is EXPERIENCE. They are very capable. We didn't say they were not capable but we have always maintained that they have to adjust their game to the African game. African game is different. Those that their foreign born and foreign based players have had a difficult time adjusting are having a rough go of it.

I have kids born and raised here. Any of them with designs to play for Naijaria will be forced to play with Africans where no quarters are given. When I was in college here, my college teammates were afraid to play against Africans and Mexicans in pickup games because they said we are too rough and don't pull out of tackles.

I am glad our foreign-born and foreign-based players are adapting. After all, this is what EXPERIENCE is all about.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:18 pm The ref committed a huge blunder in disallowing Ajayi’s goal🤔❗️

Cheers
No, he did not.
I am a licensed referee and referee instructor.
Funny thing was that prior to the beginning of the season we had in Maryland, I gave the exact same scenario to the Referees as part of an ongoing class to keep them abreast of the rules of the game.

When it happened during the Naijaria vs Cameroon game, they were the ones that were helping explain the rule to fans.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:32 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:18 pm The ref committed a huge blunder in disallowing Ajayi’s goal🤔❗️

Cheers
No, he did not.
Funny thing was that prior to the beginning of the season we had in Maryland, I gave the exact same scenario to the Referees as part of an ongoing class to keep them abreast of the rules of the game.

When it happened during the Naijaria vs Cameroon game, they were the ones that were helping explain the rule to fans.
Cellular the Ref wey no fit run :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I prefer a 3-5-2 to a 3-4-3. That way we can push Iwobi further up and play Onyeka and Yusuf behind Iwobi. Then I would play Simon as my LWB and Aina as my RWB.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

olu wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:43 pm I prefer a 3-5-2 to a 3-4-3. That way we can push Iwobi further up and play Onyeka and Yusuf behind Iwobi. Then I would play Simon as my LWB and Aina as my RWB.
I actually think that's the best personel and formation we got
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ojafranpa wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:26 pm

Cheers
No, he did not.

Oga, na your eye be dis?
I fit run o.
I also dey do referee supervision and training. But I still fit run. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:54 pm

Cheers
No, he did not.

Oga, na your eye be dis?
I fit run o.

For bedroom. Definitely Yes!!! :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:55 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:54 pm

Cheers
No, he did not.

Oga, na your eye be dis?
I fit run o.

For bedroom. Definitely Yes!!! :rotf: :rotf:
See my fans... :thumbs: :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (1-0) Ajayi

Post by green4life »

2think wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:22 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:21 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:40 am
Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:39 am
anointed wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pm But Semi didn't receive the ball directly from a teammate
Watching the highlights, there was a Cameroon player defending the goal posts for the goal ruled offside?
Me I no understand the offside rule again!!

A Cameroon defender was on the line therefore playing Ayayi on surely??? Or the ref missed it and only looked at the keeper? Another example of Cameroon cheating Nigeria of a goal scored
It was offsides. You need 2 players between your player and the opponent’s goal post. Goalie and their last defender (normally). when the goalie is in play, and another player is in Goal, the gk is the ‘last man’. Hence a player behind the gk is offsides.So
Correct, but if the ball had come off that last player to Victor or Semi, then they'd be offside, but it came off another defender.
Semi received the ball from an opposing defender. Goal should have stood
I thought it came off the goalie last. Anyway, it's always bit a bit of a confusing rule for me.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

They are showing the 90in30 replay of the game on Bein Sports. I am still mad that the Ajayi goal was disallowed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.