Final Show Down - Nigeria V Guinea News & CAMP Updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg
Re: Final Show Down - Nigeria V Guinea (News & Updates Only)

Post by kdk4christ »

Siasia Expects Near Eagles Full House Today

Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia is expecting a greater percentage of the 22 players he invited for the crucial Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea in Abuja on Saturday to hit camp today.

Siasia said that he got assurances from the players after last Saturday’s matches that they would come into the country on Sunday night or Monday morning to join camp, adding that barring any unforeseen circumstances, he should have about between 18 and 20 players in camp by Monday night.

“So far, none of the players have told me they won’t be coming on schedule and anyone who comes after Monday should be with my permission. They know the importance of the match and I am sure they won’t joke with their reporting to camp early.

“We shall have to train in the hot Abuja sun so as to get them used to the kind of weather they will play under on Saturday. We don’t really like the time but CAF have ruled and it is either we comply or we get kicked out. They say we must play by 2 pm and we shall prepare for that time. No fear, after all it is our country.

“I don’t see the Guineans stopping us from winning the match here. I know they will try to frustrate us by playing for a draw but we shall find a way to put them under pressure and get our goals. Nigerians should just come out and cheer us to victory in their large numbers,” he stated.
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
Naijaboy19

Post by Naijaboy19 »

kdk4christ wrote:Siasia Expects Near Eagles Full House Today

Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia is expecting a greater percentage of the 22 players he invited for the crucial Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea in Abuja on Saturday to hit camp today.

Siasia said that he got assurances from the players after last Saturday’s matches that they would come into the country on Sunday night or Monday morning to join camp, adding that barring any unforeseen circumstances, he should have about between 18 and 20 players in camp by Monday night.

“So far, none of the players have told me they won’t be coming on schedule and anyone who comes after Monday should be with my permission. They know the importance of the match and I am sure they won’t joke with their reporting to camp early.

“We shall have to train in the hot Abuja sun so as to get them used to the kind of weather they will play under on Saturday. We don’t really like the time but CAF have ruled and it is either we comply or we get kicked out. They say we must play by 2 pm and we shall prepare for that time. No fear, after all it is our country.

“I don’t see the Guineans stopping us from winning the match here. I know they will try to frustrate us by playing for a draw but we shall find a way to put them under pressure and get our goals. Nigerians should just come out and cheer us to victory in their large numbers,” he stated.
no xcuses weather or no weather Caf or no Caf we are playing on our home turf so lets get the job done once and for all.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

WINNERMAN wrote:To think that certain ppl like Ayo Akinfe were suggesting that Yobo was not captain material. Yobo has handled himself very well in his role as captain thus far. l am personally very impressed with his conduct and wish him every success. l hope he gets the honour of lifting the ANC trophy as captain next year and the year after.
To be honest, I was one of those that had doubts about Yobo's leadership qualities. But in the last year I believe he has grown and I am very satisfied with him at the moment. I also think its a good thing he has left that characterless Neverton team.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Finidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Finidi »

Damunk wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:To think that certain ppl like Ayo Akinfe were suggesting that Yobo was not captain material. Yobo has handled himself very well in his role as captain thus far. l am personally very impressed with his conduct and wish him every success. l hope he gets the honour of lifting the ANC trophy as captain next year and the year after.
To be honest, I was one of those that had doubts about Yobo's leadership qualities. But in the last year I believe he has grown and I am very satisfied with him at the moment. I also think its a good thing he has left that characterless Neverton team.

Maybe, Yobo had not always been the problem. What do you expect from a Captain when he was usually saddled with clueless & liver-less Coaches like Amodu, Sisi Berti, & Lager-beer?

What else do you expect from poor Yobo when he was being partnered by one of the worst players to man our central defence in the name of Obinna Nwanneri.

In fact, Yobo was a victim, not a cause. I just blame him for suffering silently and not having the guts to call out Amodu and the likes of Nwanneri & Olofinjana
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

FIFA is yet to decide on their requests for a nationality switch.
They should be eligible to play for Nigeria by the time the Nations Cup comes around.
bully wrote:Bye the way what is the status of Shola Amoebi and Moses? Have we reached a dead end on the deal or Siasia has lost interest on them? Please inquisitive minds want to know. Somebody needs to update me on our pursuit.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kdk4christ wrote:GUINEA COACH: ‘I KNOW SIASIA’S EAGLES TOO WELL’

Guinea coach, Michel Dussuyer, is expecting a tough match against the Super Eagles in Abuja next month, although he insists he is no stranger to the Nigerian team and their coach, Samson Siasia.

The Syli Nationale face the Super Eagles in a Nations Cup qualifier on October 8 needing a draw to snatch their group’s sole guaranteed ticket for a place in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea next year.

"We know it will be difficult. We expect hell there,” Dussuyer said.

“Nigeria is under a lot of pressure. For 25 years, they regularly qualify for the Nations Cup. We, too, our ambition is to finish first in our group. The game is so important that there is at least one article on it every day.

“When you're a footballer, you do not want to miss this kind of event in a beautiful stadium, before a large audience, with so much at stake.
Immediately after the match against Ethiopia, I began to project onto this game, remember to prepare, what to do on the game plan, because I know the characteristics of the Nigerian team. We have 13 points to their 10 and we should be positive about getting the result we need.”
Didn't this bomboklat coach Ghana before? :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...abeg..are ALL our players healthy?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Nigeria confirm Yobo for Guinea

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have announced that contrary to speculations skipper Joseph Yobo will be available for Saturday’s Nations Cup qualifier at home to Guinea.

The NFF have moved quickly to dismiss a rumour that Yobo will miss the crucial game because of problems with his travel papers.

An official statement said there were insinuations at the weekend that the 31-year-old defender was unwilling to come for the game and therefore claimed to have lost his international passport.

But the statement quoted Yobo as saying he will be available for the game even though he lost his residence permit which allows him to enter and stay at his Turkish base.

“I have my international passport to enter into my country. What happened was that the residence permit got missing in my old passport,” said Yobo.

“All I need is the assistance of the Nigeria Football Federation to contact the Turkish embassy in Nigeria so that work can start on a new residence permit immediately.

“I have already been assured by the NFF that they will promptly get in touch with the embassy of Turkey to explain to them what has happened. The NFF have confidence in the embassy of Turkey to sort out this issue as the Embassy has always been very co-operative.

“I believe that I will be able to get a new residence permit to travel to Turkey after the match against Guinea,” said Yobo.

The Eagles skipper will earn his 83rd international cap against Guinea on Saturday and he is expected to equal the all-time record of 84 caps posted by the late Muda Lawal and Nwankwo Kanu when he leads out the Eagles in a friendly against Ghana on Tuesday in London

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Eagles begin training Tuesday

Nigeria's Super Eagles will begin training in Abuja on Tuesday ahead of Saturday's 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Guinea.

The squad will train twice on Tuesday, once in the morning and again later in the day.

Subsequent days will have just one training session until match day.

Players are expected to start arriving from Monday, with 18 of the 22 players expected by dinner time on Monday, and the rest in time to catch up with Tuesday's first training.

Nigeria are three points behind the Syli Stars and need to win at the weekend to automatically qualify for the Nations Cup in Gabon and Equatorial guinea in January.

In the meantime, security at the team’s Transcorp Hilton Hotel has been tightened.

Team security officer Gideon Akinsola said access to the players' floor will be severely restricted.

"All the players will be on one floor and nobody will be allowed to go to that wing,” he said.

"We will post officers at the lifts downstairs, on that floor and at the entrance to their wing with strict instructions to ensure that no unauthorised persons, including relatives, slip through.

"Anyone such person who tries to do so will be arrested on sight for trespassing."

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

NFF Allege Plot To Sabotage Eagles

By Christian Okpara

A MEMBER of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has revealed that the body is working hard to ensure that Nigeria is not sabotaged when the Super Eagles host Guinea in a must-win 2012 African Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea next weekend.

Maigari

advertisement

Nigeria hosts Guinea at the National Stadium, Abuja, on October 8 and must win the game convincingly to qualify for the Nations Cup to be co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea next year.

An NFF official, who pleaded anonymity, told The Guardian yesterday that the federation has uncovered plots by some people to sabotage the country during the game as a way of registering their displeasure with their alleged neglect by the football body.

According to the official, "we are monitoring the build-up to the game to ensure that we are not shortchanged by some influential people in CAF.

"We could not qualify for the male and women football events of the just-concluded All Africa Games and there is this belief that some influential people in African football accounted for that.

"Now, we know that if we do not beat Guinea by either 1-0 or by a two-goal advantage, we will not qualify automatically for the Nations Cup. We heard that we may get an unfriendly referee, who will do everything possible to frustrate our team in Abuja, hence we are cautiously monitoring events in CAF."

The source added that if things were alright, Nigeria would ordinarily have been called up to host the 2013 edition of the Nations Cup as the alternate country following the crisis in Libya, "but the thing was given to South Africa, which they regard as a more friendly country.

"We are planning to set up tight security in and around the stadium so that nobody would use the excuse that Abuja is not safe for the game to act against us. We will also begin an enlightenment programme to educate the fans on the need to comport themselves well during the game," he added.

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Nieketien wants hungry Eagles for Guinea
by Humphrey Njoku 03 October 2011, 17:03

Former Nigerian international, Peter Nieketien has charged Super Eagles' coach, Samson Siasia to give starting shirts to "hungry players" against the Syli Nationale of Guinea.

Eagles are in a must-win game against their Guinean counterparts in the race for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations Group B sole ticket.

The encounter comes up at the National Stadium in Abuja on October 8.

Guinea lead Group B on 13 points followed by Nigeria’s 10 and Nigeria must avoid defeat in order to book passage to the biennial football showpiece in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea.

Nieketien told SuperSport.com that only the best legs should be considered for the duel.

“Players should be given shirts on current forms not on past records. In addition to that only players who are hungry and ready to spill blood if needs be should get Siasia’s nod.

“The match is crucial, any slip we will be gone forever. So it is not a match we must toil with or give shirts out to players on sentiment.

“Guinea will be tough, as they have always been tough and I see them getting tougher. They enjoy an advantage at the moment and surely they will apply all tricks to stay afloat.

“That is why we must pay attention to players who are psychologically focused and fit to prosecute the game,” he said.

Although, the former Iwuanyanwu Nationale midfielder is sure Eagles will carry the day, he is cautious on the 2pm kickoff time.

“I am not comfortable with the kickoff time; I don’t know how our Europe-based players will cope with the expected harsh weather.

“I pray they arrive on time to acclimatize. I know we will win at the end of the day but we must avoid giving our opponents an undue advantage,” he warned.

© SuperSport.com

Naijaboy19

Post by Naijaboy19 »

kdk4christ wrote:Nieketien wants hungry Eagles for Guinea
by Humphrey Njoku 03 October 2011, 17:03

Former Nigerian international, Peter Nieketien has charged Super Eagles' coach, Samson Siasia to give starting shirts to "hungry players" against the Syli Nationale of Guinea.

Eagles are in a must-win game against their Guinean counterparts in the race for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations Group B sole ticket.

The encounter comes up at the National Stadium in Abuja on October 8.

Guinea lead Group B on 13 points followed by Nigeria’s 10 and Nigeria must avoid defeat in order to book passage to the biennial football showpiece in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea.

Nieketien told SuperSport.com that only the best legs should be considered for the duel.

“Players should be given shirts on current forms not on past records. In addition to that only players who are hungry and ready to spill blood if needs be should get Siasia’s nod.

“The match is crucial, any slip we will be gone forever. So it is not a match we must toil with or give shirts out to players on sentiment.

“Guinea will be tough, as they have always been tough and I see them getting tougher. They enjoy an advantage at the moment and surely they will apply all tricks to stay afloat.

“That is why we must pay attention to players who are psychologically focused and fit to prosecute the game,” he said.

Although, the former Iwuanyanwu Nationale midfielder is sure Eagles will carry the day, he is cautious on the 2pm kickoff time.

“I am not comfortable with the kickoff time; I don’t know how our Europe-based players will cope with the expected harsh weather.

“I pray they arrive on time to acclimatize. I know we will win at the end of the day but we must avoid giving our opponents an undue advantage,” he warned.

© SuperSport.com
true words Peter...but we shall vanquish
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Good luck naija...all the best... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Is Ayila coming for this match? Ambros will be bullied during freekicks and corners.
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

@ColinUdoh
Osaze Odemwingie looked chipper at dinner tonight

tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Final Show Down - Nigeria V Guinea News & CAMP Updates

Post by tunde72 »

pls wetin they happen for eagles camp now, how many player don come in pls?
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Naijaboy19

Post by Naijaboy19 »

so no updates fron camp yet?
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

what is up with the kickoff website ? dues havent been paid ???
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

All this nonesense from Guinea coach saying Nigerian defense is weak, got to be bulletin board material.

Operation Shock and awe , we must attack from the first minute, leave nothing unturn, 11-0 should be the goal, nonsense.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

@colinudoh Off to training, with police escort in front

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

@ColinUdoh
Off to training. I'll do a 35-minute Q&A this afternoon. So get those questions ready and coming

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Eagles in game 'of our lives’ - Okonkwo
by Sammy Wejinya 04 October 2011, 08:32

Super Eagles defender, Chibuzor Okonkwo expects his teammates to play the game of their lives when they face Guinea in a 2012 Africa Nation’s Cup qualifier on Saturday.

Nigeria trail Guinea by three points in Group B going into the final round of games and cannot contemplate failure to amass maximum points if they are to finish above their West African neighbours.

A one-nil victory against Guinea will see the Super Eagles clinch qualification for next year’s tournament to be hosted in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea but Okonkwo says the lads have resolved to do the job in comprehensive fashion.

“We need to win by just one goal but we will not score less than three goals on Saturday,” Okonkwo told SuperSport.com.

“It is an important game and we will play the game of our lives to get a good result.

“They are currently on top of the group but we will show them that that position rightly belongs to us when we beat them thoroughly on Saturday,” he said.

Okonkwo has been battling with fitness problems following the groin injury he picked up during Nigeria’s 1-3 friendly defeat to Argentina in Dhaka on September 6.

The powerful defender missed Heartland’s Cup final victory against Enyimba last week and is a huge doubt for the Guinea game.

“To be honest, I don’t know if I will be fit in time for the game. The team doctor is currently accessing the situation and we will know shortly.

“I have be doing special exercises and working out in the (swimming) pool and I hope to be better soon,” he said.

Okonkwo also took time out to reflect on the situation involving goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama who has been excluded from the list of players to face Guinea on Saturday.

"He is missed. He is still a part of us because we are all one big family,” Okonkwo said.

© SuperSport.com

kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Adeleye braces up for early kickoff

Dele Adeleye has declared that he is ready to feature for Nigeria against Guinea in Saturday's Afcon qualifying in Abuja amid mixed reactions to the 2pm kick-off time.

The 2pm kick-off schedule by Caf has attracted divergent views from players, coaches and football enthusiasts.

But SC Tavriya Simferopol of Ukraine center-back has made it clear that the early kick-off time for the important Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game against the Syli Nationale of Guinea will not affect him or his teammates.

The ex-3SC man is bullish that the Super Eagles are focused on beating Guinea to claim an automatic spot to the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations which Equatorial Guinea and Gabon are billed to play co-hosts.

"We are professionals and we know how important this game is to us and Nigeria. The issue of playing at 2pm should not be a distraction for us because our concentration is on getting the points to qualify for the Nations Cup.

"The time of the match shouldn't be a cause for concern right now. The concern should be getting a win that will qualify us to the Nations Cup," Adeleye, 22, said.

And ahead of Saturday's game, Adeleye and 16 others arrived at the Super Eagles' lodgings at the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Monday.

Others are Osaze Odemwingie, Austin Ejide, Dele Aiyenugba, Brown Ideye, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Chigozie Agbim, Joel Obi, Ahmed Musa and Chinedu Obasi.

Emmanuel Emenike, Obinna Nsofor, Fengor Ogude, Peter Utaka, Ikechukwu Uche, Kalu Uche and Elderson Echiejile are also in camp.

The Nigerian team will hold their first training session on Tuesday morning at the training pitches close to the National Stadium, Abuja.

© SuperSport.com