Chelsea 1 vs 1 Barcelona(Willian, Messi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea vs Barcelona

Post by charlie »

tfco wrote:
Thunder wrote:
balo wrote:21% of ball possession at home.

Let Barca have the ball.
May be there's hope for Chelsea, if Wigan can win with 17% possession. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mental mugu can tell us about Wigan
:blink: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Barca is always 'at home'...
You dey waste time with this mumu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but but...if this game was at old trafford, you'd have a lot to say...about the defensive formation
Stop spoiling this game abeg!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:Chelsea should believe and they win 2 nil. Stop this negative football and play. You are better than this.
Negative? You're kidding me right? Their negative football has been better than Barcelona's positive football Waffi.

You cannot attack Barca all day, you pick your spots.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Barca is always 'at home'...
You dey waste time with this mumu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but but...if this game was at old trafford, you'd have a lot to say...about the defensive formation
How many times has Manure faced a team like Barcelona at old trafford and yet we see these defensive tactics over and over again. Quit trolling and trying to derail the thread and watch game. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hazardous shot to the birds circling above the Barca end of Stamford Bridge
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Waffiman wrote:Chelsea should believe and they win 2 nil. Stop this negative football and play. You are better than this.
What negative football? They are controlling this game. If Barca wants to pointlessly pass the ball around for better stats - who cares?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chelsea need to 'press' Rakitic into a red card.

HT 0-0.

Chelsea the better team. Barca need to figure themselves out.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Hmm and when something similar was said about Arsenal last week, you got really defensive and started talking about people crying?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Great tactical game. Contrast of styles.
Who will win?? I have no clue other than Ivan Rakitic is not finishing this game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chelsea needs to try and win here! With their tactics, they can press in a smaller pitch like Stamford bridge. It will be a whole different issue in a place like nou camp
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

marutimon wrote:
What negative football? They are controlling this game. If Barca wants to pointlessly pass the ball around for better stats - who cares?
They are now controlling the game. Defended for 40 minutes.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Great cagey first half. They look like two coiled springs waiting to explode. Dis Wilian no need backlift at all. Two excellent strikes at goal.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:

Hmm and when something similar was said about Arsenal last week, you got really defensive and started talking about people crying?
Rubbish.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
tfco wrote:
Thunder wrote:
balo wrote:21% of ball possession at home.

Let Barca have the ball.
May be there's hope for Chelsea, if Wigan can win with 17% possession. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mental mugu can tell us about Wigan
:blink: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Rubbish.
:lol: don't make me go dig up the game thread to show how hypocritical you sound. And Chelsea is playing A LOT BETTER than what arsenal displayed in that first half.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
Negative? You're kidding me right? Their negative football has been better than Barcelona's positive football Waffi.

:lol: You wonder why Barca always yansh them mercilessly until they were saved by their non qualificafion this year.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Proud of the boys
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:Great cagey first half. They look like two coiled springs waiting to explode. Dis Wilian no need backlift at all. Two excellent strikes at goal.
Remember some seasons back under JM when he was absolutely unplayable? Between the chap and Hazard, chelsea can afford to defend first and let those two create offense. This has been a really good display so far by the blues. Barcelona have to change something, they're moving the ball way too slowly and not handling the stifling chisel defense well at all. Also they need to watch Rakitic carefully, he's begging for a red card.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

:lol: You wonder why Barca always yansh them mercilessly until they were saved by their non qualificafion this year.
This Barca is a shadow of the Barca teams Arsenal played. I fancy Chelsea to qualify.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

How did Besiktas even qualify for the knock out phase???
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Great cagey first half. They look like two coiled springs waiting to explode. Dis Wilian no need backlift at all. Two excellent strikes at goal.
Remember some seasons back under JM when he was absolutely unplayable? Between the chap and Hazard, chelsea can afford to defend first and let those two create offense. This has been a really good display so far by the blues. Barcelona have to change something, they're moving the ball way too slowly and not handling the stifling chisel defense well at all. Also they need to watch Rakitic carefully, he's begging for a red card.

They guy must have lost some serious form. I don't know why Conte has gone away from him. Was he benched in Jose's last season as well?
Last edited by metalalloy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

This Barca is a shadow of the Barca teams Arsenal played. I fancy Chelsea to qualify.
Bobs, just chill with the hyperbole. I dont think you've watched many barca games this year, otherwise you wont say what you just say.
Barca are most dangerous in the 2nd half. You can ask Real Madrid.

Lets finish this game first.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chelsea did well after the first 10/15 minutes they started holding their own.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!