What Is All This Nonesense?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
What Is All This Nonesense?

Post by Shownoja »

First it was Wenger saying he will hold on to Kanu till 6 days to the ANC, now it is Alladyce saying he will beg the NFA for JJ to stay for their next three matches.

Would they have tried this with European players. Will Wenger have had the guts to tell Sentitni that Henry is fit enough, so does not need to train with the rest of the French squad before a major tournament?

Somehow, I think the NFA should take part of the blame, as I see it as this conciliatory attitude they have with these English clubs that is causing this nonesense.

If they said to them now, any attempt to hold on to our players longer than the 10th (which is 2 weeks to the start of the ANC), we will report the matter to FIFA, you will see how quickly they will release our boys.

I am tired of these people. They knew these guys were internationals before signing them ke. :evil: :evil: :evil:
To stop trying is to start dying
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Shownoja, theres NOTHING wrong with Wenger keeping Kanu untill he HAS to let him go. Arsenal coaches and trainers about about 50 times the class of Chukwu in his gym shorts and Ogunzombie and his skip rope! Fitness wise, Kanu will benefit far more by playing another game or two for Arsenal and being under professional training.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

EW - FIFA regulations state that a player Must be released at least 14 days if said player will be involved in a major tournament for his national association.

As far as I know, the ANC is a major tournament, and it starts on the 24th of Jan, which means that our players (all of them) should be released by the 10th.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Shownoja wrote:EW - FIFA regulations state that a player Must be released at least 14 days if said player will be involved in a major tournament for his national association.

As far as I know, the ANC is a major tournament, and it starts on the 24th of Jan, which means that our players (all of them) should be released by the 10th.
Its not 14 days, more like 6. But whatever the time limit, Wenger has every right to keep Kanu for as long as possible.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I want Assenal to keep Kanu we no need for the ANC!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Arsenal block Kanu call-up

Mali coach firm on Kanoute
Arsenal are set for a row with the Nigerian FA after refusing to allow Kanu to join up with his national squad.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will not allow Kanu to join Nigeria's pre-African Nations Cup training camp until after 18 January.

That meets Fifa's rules, but Nigeria claim they have an agreement over the release of players.

Wenger said: "Kanu is fit and doesn't need a pre-tournament camp."

The tournament kicks off in Tunisia on 24 January, but the Nigerians gather for their training camp on 11 January.

We have an understanding with the clubs that they will let players report for the camp

Nigerian FA's Samuel Kaalu

Fifa rules require clubs to allow players to report for international duty six days before games.

Arsenal are without Sylvain Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp for at least 10 days through injury, and Wenger said: "We want Kanu to play here for as long as possible."

But Nigerian FA spokesman Samuel Kaalu insisted: "We have an understanding with the clubs that they will let players report for the camp.

"We expect them to respect that gentleman's agreement.

"If the players aren't released then we'll look at the situation urgently and will do everything to ensure that they are.

"The African Nations Cup is as important as the European Championships are to Europe and we expect European clubs to respect it."

Arsenal's stand comes in the wake of Tottenham's row with striker Freddie Kanoute, who wants to play in the tournament for Mali.

Other Premiership clubs face a similar dilemma over the release of players.

Bolton expect Jay-Jay Okocha to join up with the Nigerian squad on January 16, while Celestine Babayaro has not yet told Chelsea when he wants to go.

Senegal expect Wolves striker Henri Camara to join their squad after Saturday's game against Charlton, but the Midlands club want him to play in the FA Cup replay against Kidderminster next Tuesday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 375049.stm
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Wenger should just keep him abeg!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

EW - It is 6 days before scheduled games, but 14 days before tournaments. Go and check it out. Wenger is only trying to be crafty when he says it falls within the FIFA regulation. It does not.