CCC PLS SE ISN'T IN SHORT OF STRIKERS, STOP DISGRACING NAIJA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

How Chukwu plans to get Ameobi
By Clement Nwankpa Jnr

SUPER Eagles' chief coach, Christian Chukwu knows it is not going to be easy getting former English junior international Shola Ameobi to play for Nigeria and is already working towards having the Newcastle's striker wear the green and white colours of the country.

To this end, Chukwu has sent some people believed to be close to the gangling striker not only to find out if he wants to play for Nigeria but sell the idea to him.

"I have sent some of my men to him. They are going to find out what plans he has for his international career and also talk to him pertaining to the possibility of playing for Nigeria.

"We don't want to just send an invitation to him without meeting him first. I have him in my plans for the World Cup and Nations Cup qualifiers but we don't have to take things for granted," Chukwu told The Guardian at Eko Le Meridien Hotel last Wednesday.

Are these emissaries based in England or are they Nigerian players

The Guardian asked.
"I can tell you that they are based in England but I may not categorically say if they are Nigerian players for certain reasons. But I can assure you that we are not just sitting down here and dreaming of having him play for us," Chukwu said.

Chukwu is sill very sure the player will opt for Nigeria.

"I think he has a brighter chance in Nigerian colours than England. You see England also has young strikers who will give him tough time in the years ahead but with us, he can still get a favourable chance to fight for a shirt", he observed.

He spoke glowingly about Ameobi's goal against Chelsea last weekend.

"That goal was something else . I have no doubt that the boy has quality but he also has to come and fight for a shirt. There is no automatic shirt in my team", he pointed out.

Meanwhile, Chukwu may not have wholeheartedly invited Obafemi Martins to the freindlies against Jamaica and Ireland in England.

Asked whether he was sure of the boy turning up for future engagements, he had jokingly asked: "That boy sef abi all our paper go finish as we dey send am invitation before im come :roll: :P :shock:

I don't want to worry over him. He should come if he wants but the time will come when the invitations will stop going his way if he doesn't take the chance now".
http://odili.net/news/source/2004/apr/30/28.html

CCC, U can't judge somebody based on one game alone :oops: :evil: :x .
Its easier for Martins to play for us than Ameobi :cry: :!: .
Martins is probably better than Ameobi.
Why not name those emmisaries? whats so secretive about naming them? :x :wink: 8) :shock: .
Sometimes CCC tries all he can to prove his Bashers right...Self destruction.
SE has enough strikers, unless u r bent on playing 11 strikers all the way :oops: :cry: :? :x .
Remember what happened at the last ANC where u played around 4 strikers against Morocco :shock: 8) :wink: .
Go back and work on the technical aspect of the team,blending the already discovered players with the ones u must have supposedly discovered at the just concluded LG tourney, anyway thats if u have the technical know how , if u dont just ask for one to be hired to assist u
:evil: 8) :)
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:mrgreen: :D :o :D Wll caretaker CCC send some of his men to me and see if i want to play for SE? :mrgreen: :D
Last edited by MI5 on Mon May 03, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Give him Henry and Ronaldo, he will contrive to make them look bad and ordinary. :shock: So what is the point? A complete waste of time I must add. How many strikers does he need, especially as Shola is no better than most of what we have. Also in th ANC, we showed that we have the talent to score goals.

Finally, is it not ironic or disingenous for CCC to mock Martins alledged refusal to play for the SE, this BTW is a falsehood, while he wants to persuade a Nigerian who chose another country instead of Nigeria despite having the red carpet rolled out for him.

Guys, is CCC calling him because of the Chelsea game? I have seen him stink this season that the fans turned on him. I wonder why CCC did not rave bout him then. Shola is a good player but he has played for another country while refusing his country. Martins has not done that.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Guys, is CCC calling him because of the Chelsea game? I have seen him stink this season that the fans turned on him. I wonder why CCC did not rave bout him then. Shola is a good player but he has played for another country while refusing his country. Martins has not done that.
CCC just probably happened to read about the Chelsea game when he was at his friend's house or lodging in a hotel during the LG tourney. In both cases am sure he was forced to read or shown where it was written in a complete sports or KO :mrgreen: :shock: 8) :roll: . its all good :wink:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Waffiman wrote:Give him Henry and Ronaldo, he will contrive to make them look bad and ordinary. :shock: So what is the point? A complete waste of time I must add. How many strikers does he need, especially as Shola is no better than most of what we have. Also in th ANC, we showed that we have the talent to score goals.

Finally, is it not ironic or disingenous for CCC to mock Martins alledged refusal to play for the SE, this BTW is a falsehood, while he wants to persuade a Nigerian who chose another country instead of Nigeria despite having the red carpet rolled out for him.

you be bush man no be small
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

.......Please name three strikers, that will get us goals. Just for my own education.
You are Your Own Dog
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Dog Bruno wrote:CCC PLS SE ISN'T IN SHORT OF STRIKERS, STOP DISGRACING NAIJA

.......Please name three strikers, that will get us goals. Just for my own education.
JAG, Utaka, martins/Osaze. I could name more but u asked for just three :twisted: :shock: :lol:

mystic wrote:

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

so__so_scandalous wrote: you be bush man no be small
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Waffiman wrote:Finally, is it not ironic or disingenous for CCC to mock Martins alledged refusal to play for the SE, this BTW is a falsehood, while he wants to persuade a Nigerian who chose another country instead of Nigeria despite having the red carpet rolled out for him.
Troodat!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

naija4ever wrote:

JAG, Utaka, martins/Osaze. I could name more but u asked for just three :twisted: :shock: :lol:

Utaka will get us goals? You are a comedian, and don't even know it.

Osaze is still young and learning the ropes- but don't rely on him (just yet) to be the difference maker.

JAG and Martins- awesome tandem, but neither will show for the qualifiers.

Better hit the panic button- and re-evaluate our position. Everybody claims to know better than CCC.
You are Your Own Dog
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

theDunamis wrote: Troodat!
DUNAMIS:
Please do not get caught up in the primordial fraud that is regularly pepertrated on this forum.

THISDAY, Wednesday April 14, 2004
Eagles: I Won't Give Martins Ultimatum - Chukwu
By Wale Ajimotokan

Super Eagles Chief Coach Christian Chukwu has clarified his stance on the procrastinating Inter Milan forward Obafemi Martins.

Chukwu told THISDAYSports yesterday on phone from Enugu, that Martins would not be asked to make up his mind on his Eagles future. Rather, he insisted, the teenager would be invited whenever he is available.

Martins' future with the Eagles has been in doubt after persistently shunning invitations for professional club comitments.

The height of this was the dramatic last minute manner he pulled out of the Nations Cup plans a few weeks to the start of the competition in Tunisia, after earlier assuring Nigerian officials on his availability.

Inter also incurred the NFA's wrath when it failed to release the striker for the crucial Athens 2004 qualifier against Tunisia in Rades last month, which the Dream Team lost 2-0 to end their Olympic dreams.

The defeat prompted NFA Chairman Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima to issue a stern warning that further call-ups will not be extended to Martins if he fails to honour the World Cup qualifier against Rwanda in June.

Chukwu, however, appealed for caution insisting that Martins should be allowed to sort himself out.

''Martins is still a small boy. We need to guide him and the same time show some patience," Chukwu pleaded.

The Eagles coach said he would not set any deadline for the talented player insisting Martins would don the Eagles shirt when the time is ripe.

"I understand Martins' problem that he wanted to consolidate his position in the Inter side before accepting the Eagles' challenge."

The Eagles will play a series of matches before the World Cup qualifier against the Wasps of Rwanda in Abuja starting with the LG Cup tournament in Lagos next month and the Unity Cup in London in June.

Martins has persistently ignored Nigeria because he wants a new contract at Inter.

His current deal, where he earns $2,000 per month, ends in June.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Daily Independent Online, Friday, April 16, 2004.
Chukwu pleads for Obafemi
By Orkula Shaagee, Sports Correspondent, Abuja

Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu Thursday rose stoutly in defence of Nigeria’s Inter Milan of Italy goal scoring prodigy, Obafemi Martins, just as he pleaded with Nigerians to be patient with the player. Coach Chukwu who was answering reporters’ questions at the Nigeria Football Association, said the player is still young and should be given time to prepare for his coming into the national team.

“ Obafemi is still young and I want to be patient with him so that he will take time to plan for his coming into the team ”, Chukwu said.

The Super Eagles coach also said he was sure the player was being misled by some individuals some where, since on several occasions he accepted invitations extended to him, only to back out at the last minute. On whether Shola Ameobi would be invited to play for Nigeria, Coach Chukwu says he will first contact the player to know whether he intends to play for Nigeria or not before inviting him to the national team.

Speaking further, Chukwu explained that the three players who were suspended from the Super Eagles camp in Tunisia would either be invited or not to play for Nigeria based on their current form in their various foreign clubs.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

On whether Shola Ameobi would be invited to play for Nigeria, Coach Chukwu says he will first contact the player to know whether he intends to play for Nigeria or not before inviting him to the national team.
Well that's a waste of time. Any mugu will tell you that he has no intention of playing for the SE. IMO he isn't good enough.
Speaking further, Chukwu explained that the three players who were suspended from the Super Eagles camp in Tunisia would either be invited or not to play for Nigeria based on their current form in their various foreign clubs.
Well I hope this applies to Kanu as well. When the SE play again, be it friendly or qualifier, he shouldn't play because of his situation at Highbury.
If he does, then Nigeria is not serious about its football
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

naija4ever wrote:

You actually named four.
JayJay Okocha the real AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!