Obasanjo Please Declare A State Of Emergency NOW!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Obasanjo Please Declare A State Of Emergency NOW!

Post by RudeBoy »

Man pikin dey fear o! The signs are clear right now that we will not qualify for Germany 2006!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Obasanjo Please Declare A State Of Emergency NOW!

Post by Waffiman »

RudeBoy wrote:Man pikin dey fear o! The signs are clear right now that we will not qualify for Germany 2006!
No panic, changes will come soonest. :P :P :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
khalela

Post by khalela »

Ahhhh,Waffi,there is every need to fear and panic.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Please o! I want to support my boys in 2006 not Senegal and Algeria! This loyalty thing Ogunjobi is giving CCC is getting ridiculous!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

No need to panic. Even if we qualify, what's the point? :?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Decky
Egg
Egg

Post by Decky »

Waffiman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Man pikin dey fear o! The signs are clear right now that we will not qualify for Germany 2006!
No panic, changes will come soonest. :P :P :P :P
Uncle shegye, don put am 4 decree say no FC, una no dey hear?
What's the difference between school & life?
In school, you are taught a lesson and given a test.
In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.

A genius is made of 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Translation: Obasanjo, please appoint one of our own as the SE Head coach now!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Translation: Obasanjo, please appoint one of our own as the SE Head coach now!
Na wa o! Where the hell did this come from?

"Nigeria" is a hopeless situation- Honestly.
We all know that this board is divided (to a large extent) along ethnic lines and the Chukwu saga is currently the main battlefield. What a shame. Chukwu supporters, we know your motivation. :evil: :evil: :!:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

RudeBoy wrote:Please o! I want to support my boys in 2006 not Senegal and Algeria! This loyalty thing Ogunjobi is giving CCC is getting ridiculous!
Translation: I don't want to be rooting for a bunch of players from other tribes.

Sincerely,
Ture Son of the Soil, Rudeboy.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

1naija wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Please o! I want to support my boys in 2006 not Senegal and Algeria! This loyalty thing Ogunjobi is giving CCC is getting ridiculous!
Translation: I don't want to be rooting for a bunch of players from other tribes.

Sincerely,
I definitely don't want to support players from "tribes" as I don't think we have any in Nigeria! Just becasue you are a primitive savage doesn't mean other Nigerians are! I support Nigerians! How about you 1Naija? O tribal leader!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

RudeBoy wrote:
1naija wrote:

Sincerely,
I definitely don't want to support players from "tribes" as I don't think we have any in Nigeria! Just becasue you are a primitive savage doesn't mean other Nigerians are! I support Nigerians! How about you 1Naija? O tribal leader!
Yeah, you support Nigerians so much that you don't mind seeing some of them starved to death. I am quite sure every time you see Chukwu parade our sidelines, you wish he had starved to death during the civil war.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Obasanjo should delare a state of emergency for himself because I go slap am if I fit reach am. That guy na badluck to our football with all that phone talk with the team, before crucial games that we end up losing.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

RB:
With all due respect, we heard much of the same hysteria prior to ANC 2004 (with all manner of amateur clairvoyants predicting doom).

And as for those blathering on about change: while change is certain, progress is not. Chukwu would definitely (or hopefully) not die on the job, but changes of the nature of Bryan Robson represent retrogression -- both on a micro and macro level!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Gotti: Dis one is not about hysteria and predictions o! This is true fear! I don't really care who coaches Naija as long as we win. But CCC is not doing that. Our football is going backwards.......fast!
Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon May 03, 2004 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Gotti wrote:
RB:
With all due respect, we heard much of the same hysteria prior to ANC 2004 (with all manner of amateur clairvoyants predicting doom).

And as for those blathering on about change: while change is certain, progress is not. Chukwu would definitely (or hopefully) not die on the job, but changes of the nature of Bryan Robson represent retrogression -- both on a micro and macro level!
While Robson may not have added much albeit anything to our game, I daresay he wouldn't have lost a home game to a 10 man U23 team...and as hopeless as Robson may be, he is still miles ahead of CCC in terms of coaching pedigree...
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

mister dolly wrote: While Robson may not have added much albeit anything to our game, I daresay he wouldn't have lost a home game to a 10 man U23 team...and as hopeless as Robson may be, he is still miles ahead of CCC in terms of coaching pedigree...
MD:
Of course not...all he will do is just get us relegated to nether divisions of African soccer, the same way that he has gallantly 'led' his previous teams. Fortunately, the good folks at Bradford certainly weren't paying him the $50K monthly that we had on offer for that singular privilege!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

MD:
....and speaking of "coaching pedigree", the following probably explains why Nigeria wanted Robson so much: he is apparently so 'admired' in his own country where he was a playing hero that he cannot find (or keep) a job!
Excerpted from The Guardian (London)
Robson takes on African mission
Russell Thomas, Wednesday October 8, 2003

The former Manchester United midfielder and captain has been out of work since departing as manager of Middlesbrough in June 2001 after playing a distinctly secondary role to Terry Venables, who had been brought in midway through that troubled campaign to save the Teesside club from relegation.

Boro stayed up but Robson left the Riverside and has been out of work until the Nigerians' interest eventually prompted him to become a candidate. Before then Robson unsuccessfully applied for managerial posts with Ipswich, Stoke, Republic of Ireland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, West Ham and, most recently, Reading.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

....not to mention that certain sections of the Nigerian chattering class met the proposed appointment thus:
Excerpted from The Guardian (UK), Friday October 10, 2003
Serious, Important, and Heavy
Dan Rookwood and Scott Murray

QUOTES OF THE DAY

"This is one of the most horrible decisions made by the Nigerian FA because the man has not coached for a long time and has not worked in Africa" - Nigerian TV commentator Kayode Tijani.

"I am afraid Robson is not the right choice" - Nigerian FA's technical committee member Godwin Dudu-Orumen. "He has charisma" - Ade Ojeikere of Lagos-based New Age newspaper.

Nigeria responds to the news that Bryan Robson is to be the country's new manager. Hardly a ringing endorsement, is it?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Before then Robson unsuccessfully applied for managerial posts with Ipswich, Stoke, Republic of Ireland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, West Ham and, most recently, Reading.
MD:
While we can understand the desperation of the folks at Bradford (which is in legal administration), apparently only you and a few folks herein (and at the NFA) thinks that Mr. Robson has any "coaching pedigree" worth writing home about. :oops:
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

RudeBoy wrote: Re: Obasanjo Please Declare A State Of Emergency NOW!

Man pikin dey fear o! The signs are clear right now that we will not qualify for Germany 2006!
What is going on? Did I miss something here lately? Did hell break open? Why the alarm? I am just curious.

:?:
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Fegwu wrote:What is going on? Did I miss something here lately? Did hell break open? Why the alarm? I am just curious.
...we lost to an apparently homebased Senegalese with a homebased team. The horror! :shock:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotti:
The horror indeed 8) except if like you have, one relegates the LG Cup final to the level of a meaningless charity match!

Gotti wrote:
Fegwu wrote:What is going on? Did I miss something here lately? Did hell break open? Why the alarm? I am just curious.
...we lost to an apparently homebased Senegalese with a homebased team. The horror! :shock:
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:Gotti:
The horror indeed 8) except if like you have, one relegates the LG Cup final to the level of a meaningless charity match!
YUJAM:
At the end of the day: a friendly is a friendly is a friendly! The LG Cup was the same friendly tournament that it was when Nigeria won it last year. And I can assure you that the result of that FRIENDLY in Dakar (against the full compliment of the WC quarterfinalist team) was probably of more footballing significance to Nigerians than the LG Cup game between two C teams.

I realize that you are contemptible of Senegalese footballing talent, but Senegal beat Nigeria at Mali 2002 (with 10 men for most of the game) and was a few minutes away from beating Nigeria at home at the ANC 2000. And after only recently splitting its Olympic qualifiers with Nigeria, only a footballing neophyte would believe that the LG Cup victory is inconceivable or the stuff of horrors.

Get a grip on reality, man!