Fashanu protests against Nigerian FA board suspension

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

LAGOS, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Former England striker John Fashanu has protested against his indefinite suspension from the Nigerian Football Association (NFA) board for failing to attend meetings.

Fashanu, quoted by state-run News Agency of Nigerian (NAN) on Thursday, claimed the NFA did not find out why he missed the meetings before reaching its decision.

"Why didn't the chairman of secretary-general or any NFA member reach me on phone before imposing the suspension?" Fashanu told NAN in Lagos.

Last November the NFA said it had suspended Fashanu, head of its league committee, for his failure to obey the notice of meetings regularly sent to him.

Fashanu told NAN he had to remain in London to clear his name over "certain allegations" levelled against him.

Last July a British Sunday newspaper reported that Fashanu had made match-fixing claims to its undercover reporters, allegations he has denied.

But Fashanu told NAN: "I'm happy that I have been cleared of any wrongdoing. It was a total set-up to undo me."

The 41-year-old former Millwall, Wimbledon and Aston Villa striker was born in England and holds dual British and Nigerian nationality. He won two England caps in 1989.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Now that the ANC is round the corner. What was he doing since his suspension was announced. Or, he has just found out he'sbeen suspended?
P-L-E-A-S-E spare us the tory.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Is this guy a true professional? Will someone tell him that the time to explain why you are not going to be attending meetings is BEFORE each meeting with adequate explanation not after missing several meetings and being suspended.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
azuka

Post by azuka »

This is just one funny dude. Was he clearing himself on those allegations by appearing on that television show?