US lives lost in iraq vs Consequences of not invading iraq

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Blakes
Egg
Egg
US lives lost in iraq vs Consequences of not invading iraq

Post by Blakes »

If the US had not gone into iraq, would they have lost as many American lives as they have lost in Iraq...Are the dead Americans worth it...would more than 650 Americans have died from Iraqi trained terrorists if the US had not chosen to invade iraq...?

I think not...Bush is dumb dumb dumb.recently the man has been turning into a comedian...cracking jokes about everything and anyting....even his decision to to testify with Cheney...i dont think its funny..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

.....and this crazed man Bush is what Americans crave to win the next election. They're virtually neck and neck in the Polls. Kerry 44% while the dumbo is 43%.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Nneka
Egg
Egg

Post by Nneka »

Do you know how many people die in the US everyday? way more than 650. so 650+ dying in iraq is nothing. the only solid reason anyone can hold onto is there were no WMD. other things like abuse and death do not hold any water.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Nneka wrote:Do you know how many people die in the US everyday? way more than 650. so 650+ dying in iraq is nothing. the only solid reason anyone can hold onto is there were no WMD. other things like abuse and death do not hold any water.

but the Americans im talking about are the ones that die from Iraqi trained terrorists in America...because supposedly thats what the big threat was...personally i dont think that the US would have lost 600 lives to terrorism in America...

they should have put thier resources else where..butif u look at it strategically iraq is the only Arab country that pays and at the same time the US is capable of attacking....
-Biggie
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Nneka..... close to 800 US Soldiers have died. Over 11,000 Iraqis have been killed. It's one thing when people die of natural causes and it's another thing when a fool sends young men and women and children through an ill-concieved invasion of another sovereign nation. If you equated the Iraqi population to American population 11,000 murdered Iraqis are equivalent to 130,000 people in America. How much sense would it make if some external force wiped out 130,000 Americans in the name of "liberation". Bush has mislead the Americans. Bush has made unnecessary enemies for America. It would take a long time to wipe out his legacy. And it would be unforgiveable if Americans blind their eyes to the evils of Bush and reelect him. Anyways, my own na siddon look. The people I pity are the people IN the US (Americans and foreigners inclusive).
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Blakes wrote:
Nneka wrote:Do you know how many people die in the US everyday? way more than 650. so 650+ dying in iraq is nothing. the only solid reason anyone can hold onto is there were no WMD. other things like abuse and death do not hold any water.

but the Americans im talking about are the ones that die from Iraqi trained terrorists in America...because supposedly thats what the big threat was...personally i dont think that the US would have lost 600 lives to terrorism in America...

they should have put thier resources else where..butif u look at it strategically iraq is the only Arab country that pays and at the same time the US is capable of attacking....
The US has spent $200 billion so far in the Iraqi war (because Iraqis needed to be liberated). Just imagine how much goodwill the US would have earned if it spent $200 billion in fighting world poverty.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

The U.S. don't give a hoot about world poverty. Their greed takes them to seek their personal interest and that is it. They could care less if the entire world dies off hungry. They're extremely self-centered people. Only every now and then they drop off crums to certain areas of the world in the name of goodwill through the U.N.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Mudi E wrote:The U.S. don't give a hoot about world poverty. Their greed takes them to seek their personal interest and that is it. They could care less if the entire world dies off hungry. They're extremely self-centered people. Only every now and then they drop off crums to certain areas of the world in the name of goodwill through the U.N.
Abi o.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Getting rid of Saddam is enough reason to go to war even if 10000 soldiers died. How i wish the UN had its act together.Every brutal dictators in the world should be uprooted.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Talk It thank U, I was beginning to wonder if this was the Loony left bin. I hate it when I have to oppose fellow liberals but we tend to make ourselves look bad sometimes with aour comments.

OBA FROM Canada: The US would have earned Jack if they had spent $200 billion on poverty. you know why coz no one cares. I get annoyed when folks say the US only seek there own interest, Offcourse they do so does ther rest of the world. When was the last time nigeria shipped food to somalia please. Everyone has there own interest in mind, and folks need to stop whinning coz The US got lucky and smart and now they have the upper hand.

Mudi at least the US drops there crumbs, please name another country that does anything.

The truth is reggardless of what any one says Iraq is better off without Saddam, should they have gone in Hell NO (why? coz I might be a dictator someday and I don't need the US setting up idiotic precedence that might question my AUthority in future (now that is me protecting my unrealised interest) and I don't see a damn thing wrong with that.

If you don't like Bush that's 1 thjing , I can't stand his guts but I'm not going to revert to Cookie cutter liberal wholesale crap., coz I don't buy that either.
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

If you don't like Bush that's 1 thjing , I can't stand his guts but I'm not going to revert to Cookie cutter liberal wholesale crap., coz I don't buy that either.
:D :D
Its also called political correctness and its bandwagon effect.
It makes people stop having common sense.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Talk IT wrote:Getting rid of Saddam is enough reason to go to war even if 10000 soldiers died. How i wish the UN had its act together.Every brutal dictators in the world should be uprooted.
Well, not every brutal ruler is getting removed from office: what about Zimbabwe, North Korea, Myanmar, Cuba and even US? Why should one country deserve "liberation" and others not? If that is the world agenda, then there should be a framework for that.

The US did not go to Iraq because Saddam was a dictator. The US went to remove Saddam because they did not like him.

If the US suddenly hated Obasanjo tomorrow, America would paint him in the worst manner possible. Never underestimate the power of the media and the person who controls it.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Talk It...Yes I absolutely agree with you. Dictators are the scoundrels of the earth. I hate them with passion. Unfortunately it's the common people that get caught in these quagmire.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

spastic wrote:Talk It thank U, I was beginning to wonder if this was the Loony left bin. I hate it when I have to oppose fellow liberals but we tend to make ourselves look bad sometimes with aour comments.

OBA FROM Canada: The US would have earned Jack if they had spent $200 billion on poverty. you know why coz no one cares. I get annoyed when folks say the US only seek there own interest, Offcourse they do so does ther rest of the world. When was the last time nigeria shipped food to somalia please. Everyone has there own interest in mind, and folks need to stop whinning coz The US got lucky and smart and now they have the upper hand.

Mudi at least the US drops there crumbs, please name another country that does anything.

The truth is reggardless of what any one says Iraq is better off without Saddam, should they have gone in Hell NO (why? coz I might be a dictator someday and I don't need the US setting up idiotic precedence that might question my AUthority in future (now that is me protecting my unrealised interest) and I don't see a damn thing wrong with that.

Spastic, I won't argue with you, not because you are right but because if with all that is there to see, you still take this stance, there's nothing I can say to make you see reality. But ask yourself these questions; what gives you the right to tell Iraqis what's good for them? If the Iraqis are free, why are they fighting for "freedom"?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Look Saddam was easy to black list, you didn't need to paint anny picture.

tell me when was the last time Obasanjo marched into Cameroun to take over (considering all the shakara wey thos boys they pull I don't think anyone would complain if we did). :) . When was the last time Obasanjo Mustard The whole of Kaduna South, or Calabar interior.

When was the last time he killed his daughters husband or his Nephew, or build 500 mansions, are Hausa's amd Igbo's Dying in hundred of thousands, are Christains getting killed by day and burned by night. Now I'm not saying you can't pint a dictatorial picture of Obasanjo, yes you can, but trust me Saddam needed no painting, his straight up Polaroid picture.
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Oba from Montreal wrote:
Talk IT wrote:Getting rid of Saddam is enough reason to go to war even if 10000 soldiers died. How i wish the UN had its act together.Every brutal dictators in the world should be uprooted.
Well, not every brutal ruler is getting removed from office: what about Zimbabwe, North Korea, Myanmar, Cuba and even US? Why should one country deserve "liberation" and others not? If that is the world agenda, then there should be a framework for that.

The US did not go to Iraq because Saddam was a dictator. The US went to remove Saddam because they did not like him.

If the US suddenly hated Obasanjo tomorrow, America would paint him in the worst manner possible. Never underestimate the power of the media and the person who controls it.
True, and it shouldn't be that way. Instead of blaming the US for all the problems in the world the real blame should be on the UN. Its the UN thats suppose to be taking actions against these known dictators. If God had not removed Abacha, he would have still been there turturing the nigerians masses. Yea, Zimbabwe, north korea whatever should all be removed if they are brutal dictators. If the US does not act you people will complain, if they act you will still complain. The UN is suppose to be the one holding the big stick but if they don't act somebody has to. Charles Taylor would have still been there is we're waiting for the UN. If the US didn't act Milosovic would have still been there.

It seems some folks are living in the land of fairytales.
They want a war without casualties.
They want peace without justice
They want Saddam out but its an abomination for for anyone to die in the process. These are the same folks that will do nothing until Hitler has eaten $#% it out. Some people are surely spectators like they say
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Mudi E wrote:Talk It...Yes I absolutely agree with you. Dictators are the scoundrels of the earth. I hate them with passion. Unfortunately it's the common people that get caught in these quagmire.
OK tell me how to get rid of these dictators?
Have you ever seen a war where nobody died?
Your argument is built on emotions.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

ehn my right wing brothers..u guys are getting carried away....if Bush wanted to de-throne saddam he should have gone in there solely for that purpose even before 9/11...mind u, if that was the case i dont think he would recieve any international support....

the diffrence is that Bush used 9/11 as a back drop to go into Iraq...from Al queda, to WMD's, to operation freedom..all these things only came up after 9/11...

1 year later...iraq is not better off, no WMD's have been found ..and 600 American lives have been lost...is it worth it? besides how many Al Queda operatives were bieng trained in iraq...

If u want to talk about dictators and countries that need liberation ...then u can start from N.Korea..oh and they actually have WMD's.. and thier people are suffering worse than the people of iraq...oh but wait....not too much to gain from N.kore, no oil...and they actuallly have an army that will put up a bigger battle..
-Biggie
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Over 11,000 dead
Cluster bombs
Depleted Uranium
Lack of any form of Safety

You sit down from the comfort of your house/school/work to type these statements. Do realize that these people have done ABSOLUTELY NO WRONG. You seem so infatuated with the whole comparing US to IRAQ. They are not the same, never have and never will.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Every brutal dictator is correct. Start with the president of pakistan. Oh wait they are part of the coalition of the willing. :roll:
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

spastic wrote:Talk It thank U, I was beginning to wonder if this was the Loony left bin. I hate it when I have to oppose fellow liberals but we tend to make ourselves look bad sometimes with aour comments.

You that are talking you do realize that Japan and the EU have done alot more for Africa in this decade than the US has ?

FORZA JUVE
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

spastic wrote:Look Saddam was easy to black list, you didn't need to paint anny picture.

tell me when was the last time Obasanjo marched into Cameroun to take over (considering all the shakara wey thos boys they pull I don't think anyone would complain if we did). :) . When was the last time Obasanjo Mustard The whole of Kaduna South, or Calabar interior.

When was the last time he killed his daughters husband or his Nephew, or build 500 mansions, are Hausa's amd Igbo's Dying in hundred of thousands, are Christains getting killed by day and burned by night. Now I'm not saying you can't pint a dictatorial picture of Obasanjo, yes you can, but trust me Saddam needed no painting, his straight up Polaroid picture.
actually kim dong whatever is a waaaaaay easier target to paint. saddam did all of the things you mentioned above in the 90's. Kim dong is doing it today. Please dont bring the whole we got rid of saddam because he was a dicator crap.

the reason for this war was to find WMD's. That was the ONLY REASON. NOT LIBERATION

Saddam was not a bad guy when he was given his bio weapons by the states abi ?
:roll:

FORZA JUVE
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

spastic wrote:Look Saddam was easy to black list, you didn't need to paint anny picture.

However, a very relevant question is "Why Americans instead of Iraqis?" Saddam killed Iraqi's, but the Iraqi's didn't seem particularly bothered about getting rid of him. The only time they seemed to have tried with any purpose was on the back of another American intervention.

And, please, please, do not hide behind the brutality and totalitarian explanations. they just come too easy. Why are Iraqi's prepared to engage in an unwinnable war against American forces but yet other Iraqis refused to take the most basic steps to unseat Hussein?

talk IT,

You are hallucinating as usual. The UN is America and it's allies. The only difference is that checks and balances to American unilateralism exist within the confines of the UN.