kESHI, Ekoku to cover ANC for BBC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
kESHI, Ekoku to cover ANC for BBC

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Daily Independent Online. * Thursday, January 8, 2004.

Keshi, Ekoku to cover Nations Cup for BBC

By Emeka Nwani

Senior Correspondent

Former captain of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi and Efan Ekoku have been contracted to work for the British Broadcasting Corporation to cover the Nokia Nations Cup billed to take place in Tunisia from January 24 through February 14.

The ex-players will be part of the team that the Corporation is assembling for the football fiesta.

Keshi and Ekoku will use their experience as former players to offer expert analyses on the matches that would be played at the tournament.

Keshi who is presently in America with his family will arrive Tunisia four days to the opening game between host Tunisia and Rwanda, while Ekoku will fly in from England.

The combination of the two and other analysts from BBC will give football lovers a good chance of enjoying the competition.

Keshi was part of the coaching crew of the Super Eagles to the last Nations Cup in Mali but the team failed to live up to expectations, losing to Senegal 2-1 in the semi finals.

The technical crew led by Amodu Shuiabu was sacked immediately after the competition, but Keshi went back to America to reunite with his family.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Efan Ekoku. What a legend! I remember his time with the Crazy Gang. Those were the days. He was even knocking them in for Wednesday last season.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Eagle Winged wrote:Efan Ekoku. What a legend! I remember his time with the Crazy Gang. Those were the days. He was even knocking them in for Wednesday last season.
EW:
Fashanu was a much bigger Crazy Gang legend than Ekoku (who really made his mark at Norwich City). Unfortunately, most of what Nigerians recall of Efangwu is his wandering about in the two games that he played for Eagles. Nice (read: pro-Nigerian) analyst though.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

At least Efan is a good pundit when compared to the dross called Lawrenson, Linekar and Hansen. I am doubtful of Keshi but if he gives us his straight talking shooting from the hip style, it will be good fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Efan is one of the most articulate footballers I have ever seen as a talking head.
http://www.naijiant.com/