"Da Bull" Wants C3 Out; Charges Ethnic Agenda

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
"Da Bull" Wants C3 Out; Charges Ethnic Agenda

Post by Bell »

Those who know the makeup of the LG squad, and the NAC squad might do a better job than me in analyzing the ethnic makeup of C3's squads. Needless to say, if Amo's charges are true, it has to be addressed.

But here's where I have a problem with Amo. After, making his charges he dind't call for an IC who may not be infected with ethnicism. Instead he calls for an FC. Hmmm. But just as I was nursing my doubts, he suggested that Eguavon or Siasia should be given the job. So, Amo, what should it be? FC or IC?

He plays up the experiences of Eguavon and Siasia, but I wouldn't discount C3's exprience as both coach and player.

Bell

Chukwu Can't Take Eagles to Germany 2006 - Amokachi

This Day (Lagos)

May 3, 2004
Posted to the web May 3, 2004

Wale Ajimotokan
Lagos

Says coach has ethnic agenda

Super Eagles coach Christian Chukwu has come under fire from former international striker Daniel Amokachi.

Amokachi yesterday also lashed out at the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) for entrusting the World Cup 2006 qualifying campaign in Chukwu. He also accused the coach of hatching an ethnic agenda.

Chukwu's tactical awareness and ability to successfully see the Eagles through the World Cup campaign has always been questioned.

And the Eagles home loss to Senegal last Friday in the LG Cup has drawn the wrath of the fans, which clamoured for Chukwu's sack.

Amokachi lent his voice to the growing anti Chukwu sentiment saying the Eagles played an insipid brand of football against the Lions of Senegal.

"The LG Cup was a bad outing for the country. My position on the Eagles coach regarding the World Cup campaign has not changed. We need a foreign technical adviser to guide the Eagles. Chukwu is not our messiah,"Amokachi told THISDAYSports on phone from his home in Kaduna yesterday.

The former Eagles Captain also flayed Chukwu for being 'sentimental' and 'political' in selection of the national team.

"Nigeria is one and indivisible unit. But it is unfortunate that everyone particularly Chukwu is looking at the team from the prism of ethnicity. Chukwu seems to be saying that there are no Yoruba and Hausa good enough to play for the national team. Against Senegal virtually the bulk of the team came from one section of the country. We can't forge a cohesive spirit with such attitude," he raged.

The Eagles are due to begin their World Cup campaign against Rwanda on June 5 in Abuja under the guidance of Chukwu even with the suggestion of the NFA rewarding the former Kenyan coach an extended contract.

Amokachi could not understand the basis for this and accused the NFA of celebrating failure.

"We are not serious about the way we are running our football. For instance we came back from the Nations Cup satisfied with a bronze medal feat. The same medal we have won in the past!"

On the likely step the NFA should take in order to get the best out of the Eagles for the World Cup/Nations Cup campaign, the one time Ranch Bees star, suggested that Chukwu's present deputy Austin Eguavoen or Samson Siasia be allowed to step into his shoes.

He based his argument on the fact that both have played at the World Cup and in Europe and so should have the necessary experience to successfully guide the team through the qualifiers.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

BELL:
Join the following thread on the same article:

viewtopic.php?t=10135