Behold! [CHUKWU] Nigeria’s coach for life

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Behold! [CHUKWU] Nigeria’s coach for life

Post by Toxicarrow »

Behold! Nigeria’s coach for life

with Godwin-Spiff Sagbamah

e-mail:[email protected]

The coach of the senior national team (male) i.e the Super Eagles, Christian Chukwu must not be sacked for any reason. He is the best brain, the best tactician, the best match reader, the best coach in your country. In fact, Confederation of African Football (CAF), made a great mistake last week when Coach Kadiri Ikhana was named as the best African coach of the year. It should have been your best coach – Christian Chukwu, afterall, he defeated Cameroun during the last edition of the Nations Cup and your president rolled out red carpets to celebrate the defeat of Cameroun and perhaps, your team’s bronze medal exploit. I wondered why a long term public holiday was not declared. I’m sure the adviser on public affairs to Mr. President was away somewhere.

Let me make it clear here, that only a foolish football association can ever imagine that Coach Chukwu should either have a technical adviser to boss him or even contemplating his sack. Why hire a technical adviser? Chukwu has all the technical know how and of course, he has the blessing of the most powerful human president on earth, whose words are sacrosanct and final. God help you if you go contrary to Mr. President. He had earlier declared: “Chukwu is your coach, you do not need any other, black or white skin, na your toro, e go be”.

We live in a country where our leaders are walking backwards into the future. No one who has been successful in life ever walked backwards. It is a limitless impossibility which no sane human would want to attempt. But here we are, experiencing the impossible.

Who, among the followers of football would ever imagine that in this turn of the age, where countries are looking for the best hands no matter where they come from, no matter the colour of their skin to perform that which they are best suited at optimal level so that they can be ahead of the rest. Since 1999 till date, football in this country has been total calamity. Apart from our individual players in Europe who are of course making a living for themselves, nothing is left to be seen as efforts made in developing what was on ground. Development is now a total strange world inside the FA. If we were to develop, was it an act before now that the senior national coach who is supposed to be of a sound mind and knowing his onions will impact his expertise on junior coaches and discover better players in the process. At the junior international football competitions, we are not able to even qualify any longer. We now pave the way for others to ride on our back to major events.

If by any mistake, we qualify for Germany 2006 from Group Four which has Algeria, Angola, Gabon, Rwanda and Zimbabwe. It will be our last World Cup appearance for the next twelve years if not more. Why? All your reliables would have aged and finished and since there is no singular or united effort at producing other sets of good players, missing three editions will not be out of place especially with your coach for life.

It really has been long since I watched such a stupid match formation as the one I watched on Friday inside the national stadium with your coach for life in charge. The final match played between Nigeria and Senegal, a two day cut competition sponsored by one electronic maker.

By the first half, Chukwu’s boys were one goal down. In fairness, before the Senegalese rattler which caught the goalkeeper flat footed, the Nigerian team played some good football. The goalkeeper must have thought and wrongly so that like his colleagues were trying to work the ball into the net, the Senegalese were about to do the same, but a powerful drive from about twenty-five yards caught him napping. By the second half, the only creative and imaginative player, Paul Obafulue had been carried out of the stadium due to injury. Then, the real coach Chukwu came out. I saw him stand up and walk briskly to the touchline and started issuing out some instructions no one in my distance, sitting in the press gallery could have heard. But I saw the absurd. From almost forty minutes left of play, no build up from the rear, as soon as the defenders get the ball, it is sent back with urgency in to the Senegalese eighteen yard box with his short, unimaginative strikers in front beating the air as they are easily beaten aerially by the much taller Senegalese. Passes of Chukwu’s boys with him still standing by the touch line became faulty and careless. Long aerial thrusts became the order of the day and for the whole forty-nine minutes played in the second half, seventy per cent of the time, the ball was kept in the air by the Super Eagles. Interestingly, as soon as the game ended, the Senegalese coach observed that the ball being kept in the air almost always was to their advantage so he capitalized on it while your life coach watched in utter confusion.

There is no better occasion to test a good coach than the one this cup competition offered. Here was an opportunity to prove that as a good coach, you have the capacity to bake from raw materials and get the results. You had the time in your hands, you had the players in abundance, you had the support of all and above all, you are playing at home before some of your critics, so prove them wrong that you were not only filling up an equation of ethnic balancing which in any case was what brought you into the national team but that you are better than the best in the land.

Coaches, like Kadiri Ikhana, Megabucks Godwin Uwua, the only coach in Nigeria who lives in government house, drives latest autos like our politicians, sign on fee, in excess of millions, monthly salary, no in five figures but more in a high tension football loving state with high insurance policies and of course not forgetting Amodu Shaibu.

It is now clear that you, Chukwu can only succeed with already made materials, prepared down by intelligent coaches in Europe. You are not a coach, Christian Chukwu and you know this. It is not absolutely your fault though, you are only acting out script prepared by a faulty system which brought the Galadimas-Hausa, the Ogunjobis – Yoruba and you – Ibo. You must balance the ethnic quota of your people in a faulty nation who else would accept the quota of your people in a faulty nation who else would accept the absurd but you. On paper, Ogunjobi says, your salary is a million or more monthly, yet you are paid less than half of it because you must be made to look big but who is fooling who? You were promoted to irrelevance while you were with Rangers International. You were promoted to leave the field where you are known into administration, but the likes of Ogunjobi must pick you as pawn to play their acceptance game. Need I remind anyone of your sack, anywhere you have worked?

When the oak is felled, the whole forest echoes with its fall, but a hundred acorns are drawn in silence by an unnoticed breeze. By the time Nigeria fails to qualify for the world cup with your life coach in charge, then Mr. President can add OON to his MON, roll out the drums, the red carpets and have state dinners, drink and merry. What a shame of a coach! What else does Chukwu want? Against Senegal’s Under 23 junior team, he was one goal down from first half. He made five changes in the match, had eleven players against Senegal’s ten players, yet he lacked ideas of what to do. That is your coach for life, good luck.

LAST WEEK

Last week, when highlighting Cameroun’s predicament over FIFA’s punishment, I mentioned that Fila is Cameroun’s kid sonsor. This is not correct.

Puma and not Fila is kits sponsors of Cameroun. Puma actually encouraged Cameroun into this mess and Puma must be in the forefront to beg FIFA for Cameroun.

From Daily Independent
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Poor CCC. Insults and criticism when he is simply trying to do his best. If I were him, I would resign immediately and leave these ungrateful people to their own devices.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't swap places with CCC for all the money in the world. I feel sorry for him, he has an impossible job.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahahahahahaha what a story but as usual expect CCC to be in there until we lose big time.... :mrgreen:
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Stiff Sagbama has always been a clown I recall I was posted something here just like this on this same writer sometimes last year... He talks as if he is given the opportunity to rule his ward as a councellor he will do better than Mr. President and CCC.