APOY2003 OKOCHA COMMENTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:naija4ever:

how do sour grapes taste?
u know ..

if Okocha really thinks he deserves APOY 2003 over Eto'o.. he needs to be slapped the f up
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

bamendaboy wrote:If Okocha shamed CAF by having a sensational game with Bolton, then what can we say of Eto'o having a flight back to Spain that same night and scoring two goals to take his tally to 20 in La lagi? Uh....."Confirmed that he is the real APOY"?
My friend, Eto' o has scored 15 goals, just a goal more than Yakubu who isnt getting as much hype as Eto'o :evil: :x . Very soon the battle will be b/w Eto' o and Yakubu and Yak will win him hands down cos EPL is more respected than la liga :D :lol:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Cyber Saint wrote:
bamendaboy wrote:
juventuss wrote:
bamendaboy wrote:If Okocha shamed CAF by having a sensational game with Bolton, then what can we say of Eto'o having a flight back to Spain that same night and scoring two goals to take his tally to 20 in La lagi? Uh....."Confirmed that he is the real APOY"?
Once again... He is a striker...
Yeah, he is a striker, so what? Compare him to other strikers, and how many of them have his stats. You are gonna say Okocha is a midfielder, do you know how many goals Ronaldinho has? Is he a striker?

Does Ronaldinho and Okocha plays the same role?
I mean they may have the same role as playmakers but it goes beyond that, buddy.
Okocha's role in Bolton is everything - playmaker, holding midfilder, schemer, anchor man, you name it. Ronaldinho on the other hand is a pure offensive midfilder. And I don't even wanna talk about the supporting cast. So get your FACTS right, dude. Don't just yarn nonsense here. Some of us actually played that game....unlike some people :evil: :twisted:

O pari
Liar Liar. Okocha is offensive guy. Period. Aren't you the same ones that castigate him for not defending?. Sour grapes. Move on man.
Last edited by mouko on Tue May 04, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

naija4ever wrote:
My friend, Eto' o has scored 15 goals, just a goal more than Yakubu who isnt getting as much hype as Eto'o :evil: :x . Very soon the battle will be b/w Eto' o and Yakubu and Yak will win him hands down cos EPL is more respected than la liga :D :lol:
Liar again. Yakubu has 9 goals. Why twist these things.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

All this talk about Jay Jay getting his turn next year in addition to the crap that CAF already spun by their less than transparent handling of this year's award is eroding whatever credibility the whole award has left.

I am a shriner to the core but I would hardly be pleased if next year's award turns out to be whatI sense most comments I hear are touting already - a time to placate Jay Jay. That would just take the tuwo and if I were Jay Jay, then I would really avoid the awards.

Aside, naija4ever, interestingly on the Spanish and English league tables u posted, if both clubs switched countries, they'd still be in their same respective positions. The quality of both leagues is of cos a different proposition altogether.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

My bad, Mallorca wud drop one position.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

naija4ever wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:This is totally junk journalism IMO. I know Jay Jay is professional enough to accept defeat like a true hero, so I don't know how the journalist will attribute such quotes to him, besides the language is not what a professional journalist will write. I am sorry Naija4ever, but this is very unprofessional. He missed it this year, big deal, lets move on. So sick and tired of Francophone this, Anglophone that.
Rogermilla, the problem is: Is CAF going to give it to him this year? If not its a shame on them that one of Africa's great hasnt won APOY at all. I dont care about APOY2003 anymore as there is nothing anyone can do to turn it around, thats more like crying over split milk.I just feel for him cos he has put more into this round leather than former winners. Imagine Diouf winning this award twice w/out Okocha winning it at all, its very shameful on CAF.
And BTW I didnt mention anything about franco and anglo here even though most people know thats the case afterall more winners come from franco than anglo even though am not sure the former has better players than the later :roll: . If u would be in Okocha's shoes u would also feel unjustly mistreated as well. Like u said lets move on, but heaven will be let loose should APOY2004 go to any other person other than Jayjay
naija4ever,
No one is saying that overall Okocha is not an African great. This award may I remind you is for
1/ What you did for club
2/ what you did for country
3/ from jan. to dec. each year. (in our case jan.2003-dec.2003)
4/ How by so doing project Africa soccer.

Eto won the Spansih Cup for Mallorca.
Eto took the LIONS team Confeds finals.
That the first time a African team has reached that level.

Okocha held Bolton up in the Premiership.
Okocha had no international action (apart from the Brazil spanking, and the "empty belle" win over Venezuela).

This is what happened between these two players from jan. 2003 to Dec. 2003. Not overall yrs of soccer. Are these two records same to you?. Pull your head from that fox hole.

I hope this explanation would make you understand. Because it appears you don't what it takes. I can't make it any simply than this.
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

ola34 wrote:It is because of Daylight Robberies like these by "Confederation of African Fools" (CAF) throught their hachetman Hayatou of Cameroon that I have lost all sympathy for Cameroon in its fight against the six points deduction. It is time for a more deserving African nation to represent Africa at the world cup in 2006.
ola34, it good to show your true colors, the snake uou're. We will get our 6 point and qualify. I will not say the same for nigeria.
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

mouko wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:This is totally junk journalism IMO. I know Jay Jay is professional enough to accept defeat like a true hero, so I don't know how the journalist will attribute such quotes to him, besides the language is not what a professional journalist will write. I am sorry Naija4ever, but this is very unprofessional. He missed it this year, big deal, lets move on. So sick and tired of Francophone this, Anglophone that.
Rogermilla, the problem is: Is CAF going to give it to him this year? If not its a shame on them that one of Africa's great hasnt won APOY at all. I dont care about APOY2003 anymore as there is nothing anyone can do to turn it around, thats more like crying over split milk.I just feel for him cos he has put more into this round leather than former winners. Imagine Diouf winning this award twice w/out Okocha winning it at all, its very shameful on CAF.
And BTW I didnt mention anything about franco and anglo here even though most people know thats the case afterall more winners come from franco than anglo even though am not sure the former has better players than the later :roll: . If u would be in Okocha's shoes u would also feel unjustly mistreated as well. Like u said lets move on, but heaven will be let loose should APOY2004 go to any other person other than Jayjay
naija4ever,
No one is saying that overall Okocha is not an African great. This award may I remind you is for
1/ What you did for club
2/ what you did for country
3/ from jan. to dec. each year. (in our case jan.2003-dec.2003)
4/ How by so doing project Africa soccer.

Eto won the Spansih Cup for Mallorca.
Eto took the LIONS team Confeds finals.
That the first time a African team has reached that level.

Okocha held Bolton up in the Premiership.
Okocha had no international action (apart from the Brazil spanking, and the "empty belle" win over Venezuela).

This is what happened between these two players from jan. 2003 to Dec. 2003. Not overall yrs of soccer. Are these two records same to you?. Pull your head from that fox hole.

I hope this explanation would make you understand. Because it appears you don't what it takes. I can't make it any simply than this.
Mouko, well said, but do you think they would see the facts. Their emotions have blinded them to the facts staring in the face.
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

naija4ever wrote:
bamendaboy wrote:
juventuss wrote:
Once again... He is a striker...
Yeah, he is a striker, so what? Compare him to other strikers, and how many of them have his stats. You are gonna say Okocha is a midfielder, do you know how many goals Ronaldinho has? Is he a striker?

And what position is Marlloca in La Liga? Bolton is now in the 7th position in a very competitive EPL, and these were as a result of Okocha's hardwork, maybe u can look here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi ... on&sort=Te
So stop all these nonsense, if u dont know what to do just go and sleep :evil: :shock: :x :? :oops: .
Okocha helped Bolton to 7th place in EPL and Eto'o's Marlloca with all his goals are struggling to avoid relegations even though most of the teams in la liga are mediocre while in EPL u have so many quality teams . But lets compare the position of each time in its respective league :oops: :( [/b]

Spanish Primera Liga: Tue May 04

HOME AWAY
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts
1 Valencia 35 12 3 3 38 15 10 5 2 30 9 44 74
2 Real Madrid 35 13 2 2 40 19 8 5 5 28 26 23 70
3 Barcelona 35 9 6 3 32 14 11 3 3 29 22 25 69
4 D Coruna 35 12 3 3 33 15 7 5 5 23 17 24 65
5 Athletic Bilbao 35 10 4 3 28 15 4 6 8 19 28 4 52
6 Atletico Madrid 35 11 5 2 29 15 3 4 10 15 31 -2 51
7 Sevilla 35 11 2 4 29 13 2 8 8 22 29 9 49
8 Osasuna 35 6 7 5 23 22 5 8 4 14 11 4 48
9 Villarreal 35 8 5 4 25 18 5 4 9 19 27 -1 48
10 Malaga 35 9 4 4 32 24 5 1 12 14 27 -5 47
11 Real Betis 35 5 9 4 21 20 6 4 7 21 20 2 46
12 Albacete 35 9 2 7 24 17 3 5 9 13 26 -6 43
13 Mallorca 35 6 5 7 25 30 6 1 10 20 31 -16 42
14 Real Sociedad 35 7 6 5 23 21 3 5 9 19 28 -7 41
15 Racing Santander 35 5 3 9 21 29 6 6 6 25 30 -13 41
16 Real Zaragoza 35 5 7 5 22 19 5 2 11 19 34 -12 39
17 Valladolid 35 6 5 6 20 21 3 5 10 21 32 -12 37
18 Espanyol 35 6 2 9 20 26 5 2 11 22 34 -18 37
19 Celta Vigo 35 3 4 10 14 36 5 8 5 32 27 -17 36
20 Murcia 35 4 7 7 19 24 0 4 13 8 29 -26 23

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Barclaycard Premiership table Tue May 04

P GD PTS
1 Arsenal 35 45 83
2 Chelsea 36 36 75
3 Man Utd 36 27 71
4 Liverpool 36 15 56
5 Aston Villa 36 6 55
6 Newcastle 35 12 53
7 Bolton 36 -7 50
8 Fulham 36 5 49
9 Charlton 36 -1 49
10 Birmingham 36 -2 49
11 Southampton 35 0 45
12 Middlesbrough 36 -5 45
13 Blackburn 36 -7 43
14 Portsmouth 35 -9 41
15 Everton 36 -7 39
16 Tottenham 36 -13 39
17 Man City 36 -2 38
18 Wolves 36 -37 32
19 Leeds United 36 -38 32
20 Leicester City 36 -18 30

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

My friend La Liga is more competitive that the Premier League. . It is a given year in year out that the first Three in England are among MU, Arsenal Newcastle Chelsea and Liverpool. Whereas La Liga is Full of surprises year in year out. Now thats a competitive League as anyone can rise to the top. Besides we dont want to know who is a scorer and who is a midfielder. All we want to know is who was more valuable. If we can talk about JJ's skill and passes then we should also talk about Eto'os goals. I guess Eto'o was not signed to dribble was he? Also a goal is a goal be it a penalty or a header. A penalty is not a guaranteed goal. I think if there was no effort put in scoring a penalty it would not be attributed to who scored it.
Sadly enough Mallorca is trying to avoid relegation. And I will tell you that it was maily because they were playing in UEFA competition. Something JJ has not done with Bolton. Can you remind me at what stage Mallorca was knocked out and hoiw many goals Eto'o scored? With the Limited squad and finances that was alot that th club demanded from the players ( no excuses though) so also keep that in mind. And last year wheer did Bolton Finish? Where did Mallorca Finish?
Please try and look at both sides of the issue before you write