NNB FC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Motown
Egg
Egg
NNB FC

Post by Motown »

We've talked about Leventis and water corporation, which I enjoyed those threads. My footballing experience started with the great NNB side of the 80's, that was an all star team.

Can anyone complete this list and your thoughts on this team :

1) Stephen keshi
2) Henry Nwosu
3) Sunday Eboigbe
4) Bright Omokaro (aka 1010)
5) Humphrey Edobor
6) Austin Popo
7) Monday Eguavon (better than Cerezo)
8) Samson Ozogula
9) Sunday Egareva
10) fuludu Edema
11) Augustine Igbinabaro
12) Igbna Basket :)
13)
14)
15)
16)
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Motown,

Osaro Obabaifo(RIP) played for them also i believe..
Soldier of Fortune...
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

MI5 wrote:Motown,

Osaro Obabaifo(RIP) played for them also i believe..
Osaro played for Flash Flamigoes.[sp]
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
DaNinja
Egg
Egg

Post by DaNinja »

The 83-84 NNB team was as thus

1. Wilfred Agbonavbare (Goalie)
2. Amos Edosegbe sp* (Right Full Back)
3. Bright Omokaro (Left Full Back)
4. Stephen Keshi (Sweeper)
5. Sunny Eboigbe (Center Half Back)
6. Lawrence Orairo (L Midfield)
7. Austin Popo (Outside Right)
8. Ausgustine Igbinobaro (Right Midfield)
9. Samson Ozogula (Center Foward)
10. Henry Nwosu ( Inside Left)
11. Humphrey Edobor (Outside Left)

Trainer Willy Bazuaye
Assistant "Big" Tony Ottah

This is probably the best club that ever played in Nigeria.
However the fact that 7 of their players were usually away for extended periods in the National team camp really depleted their forces.
It was usually in Wafu cup games that you would get to see them in full flight.
Not only was the team very good, the coach could actually explain what he was up to and the rationale for changes , tactics etc.
This was back in the days when he went to Brazil anually for refresher courses.
I wonder if any coaches still do that these days.
I come in peace....
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: NNB FC

Post by Toxicarrow »

Motown wrote:We've talked about Leventis and water corporation, which I enjoyed those threads. My footballing experience started with the great NNB side of the 80's, that was an all star team.

Can anyone complete this list and your thoughts on this team :

1) Stephen keshi
2) Henry Nwosu
3) Sunday Eboigbe
4) Bright Omokaro (aka 1010)
5) Humphrey Edobor
6) Austin Popo
7) Monday Eguavon (better than Cerezo)
8) Samson Ozogula
9) Sunday Egareva
10) fuludu Edema
11) Augustine Igbinabaro
12) Igbna Basket :)
13)
14)
15)
16)
There was actually a thread on NNB about a week or two ago...I will find it out ASAP{.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

And by the way, Edema Fuludu was not with NNB. It was Edema Benson.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

See this thread (page 2 and ...) for information on NNB....viewtopic.php?t=9725&start=23
Motown
Egg
Egg

Post by Motown »

Toxicarrow wrote:And by the way, Edema Fuludu was not with NNB. It was Edema Benson.
Edema Fuludu I thought captained the side on a later stage, I was constantly at their training ground and i remember him very well. Also on Willy Bazuaye, I was close to his son Baldwyn and he was always taking trips to Brazil and bringing back new training methods and equipments. Willy was very knowledgable with the game.
Motown
Egg
Egg

Post by Motown »

Toxicarrow wrote:See this thread (page 2 and ...) for information on NNB....viewtopic.php?t=9725&start=23
Thanks for the thread, I was away on vacation and missed it.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Motown wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:And by the way, Edema Fuludu was not with NNB. It was Edema Benson.
Edema Fuludu I thought captained the side on a later stage, I was constantly at their training ground and i remember him very well. Also on Willy Bazuaye, I was close to his son Baldwyn and he was always taking trips to Brazil and bringing back new training methods and equipments. Willy was very knowledgable with the game.
Maybe you are right...but I know that Edema Fuludu played for Julius Berger.

On Willy Bazuaye, I don't doubt his knowledge of the game. He built a strong NNB that played real samba soccer in the 80s. His son also is a good left winger. I saw him with Sooting in the 1990s. He is good, but soccer fortune never really shined on him.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Btw, the last I heard of Willy's son is that he is in Vietnam playing pro-soccer.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Edema Fuludu na Amodu boy ohh make una take time..ooo :o :lol: :D :P

Toxicarrow wrote:
Motown wrote:

On Willy Bazuaye, I don't doubt his knowledge of the game. He built a strong NNB that played real samba soccer in the 80s. His son also is a good left winger. I saw him with Sooting in the 1990s. He is good, but soccer fortune never really shined on him.
Last edited by MI5 on Tue May 04, 2004 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You dey look for trouble oooooo. Btw, Westerhof also tried "to sell Edema" in 1993/1994. But the bobo no get luck !
MI5 wrote:Edema Fuludu na Amodu boy ohh make una take time.. :o :lol: :D :P

Toxicarrow wrote:
Motown wrote:

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

No bi sooo ohh na real Amodu during those BBC and national team days.... :lol: :D :o :D Hmm CW wan sell am wow.. :o

Toxicarrow wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You dey look for trouble oooooo. Btw, Westerhof also tried "to sell Edema" in 1993/1994. But the bobo no get luck !
MI5 wrote:Edema Fuludu na Amodu boy ohh make una take time.. :o :lol: :D :P

Toxicarrow wrote:
Motown wrote:

Soldier of Fortune...
Motown
Egg
Egg

Post by Motown »

Toxicarrow wrote:Btw, the last I heard of Willy's son is that he is in Vietnam playing pro-soccer.

Bendel Insurance lunched him on his return from the China Eaglet team, the last time I checked he tried his luck in greece and came back to Nigeria and played for shootin before coming back home to captain Bendel Insurance.

Chei so Baldwyn dey play for Vietnam, na wa o. He was a very skillful left winger that loved the game, but height wasn't on his side, but he made up for that with speed. I played with him at Edo College, it was always fun playing with or against him in Benin.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Motown wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:Btw, the last I heard of Willy's son is that he is in Vietnam playing pro-soccer.

Bendel Insurance lunched him on his return from the China Eaglet team, the last time I checked he tried his luck in greece and came back to Nigeria and played for shootin before coming back home to captain Bendel Insurance.

Chei so Baldwyn dey play for Vietnam, na wa o. He was a ver skillful left winger that loved the game, but height wasn't on his side. I played with him at Edo College, it was always fun playing with or against him in Benin.
Man must waka now.....He left Shooting Stars after the team was relegated in 1999.
Motown
Egg
Egg

Post by Motown »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Motown wrote:

Chei so Baldwyn dey play for Vietnam, na wa o. He was a ver skillful left winger that loved the game, but height wasn't on his side. I played with him at Edo College, it was always fun playing with or against him in Benin.
Man must waka now.....He left Shooting Stars after the team was relegated in 1999.
You dey mind me, I hear you my Bro. I remember his best friend at school that was much better than him, his name is Ifanyi Onyemaka, when the Eaglets was disqualified for age cheating, it was all down to him.

But the captain for that squard was also a good friend called Oliver(was in Uniben at the time :roll: ) Ndigwe, to me one of the most skillfull midfielder and good reader of the game. I think it was the 89 Eaglet taem, please verify anyone.