The Community Plate - How did Obi Play?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

blueangel wrote:
Baggy wrote:
marko wrote:one or 2 nice touches, the boy is no doubt a very good player, people should give him a break

I think it is high time we wake up and smell the coffee about this youngster.

As far as i am concerned he is no player that can and turn a game around.
To me he looks like an ordinary English player who just passes the ball around as soon as he gets it.

I have not seen what i saw during the YWC since he arrived in England or in Naija jersey.

Too much noise as been made about him.

SE will not miss him even if he is not called back into the team.

The bobo should go and take a look at the player he was a runners up to in the YWC (Messi).
The bobo is improving everyday plus you look forward to see him play. He is a player you look for his name on a team list but not Obi.

Until he grows or shows me that he can be a world class player, I am not going to be paying much attention to him.

He is nothing like nice looking woman or sisi (young lady) that will make you turn your head around to shadow her again on the street.

Best Assessment on John Mikel Obi.

I am shocked some fellow members talk of One or Two Touches or Passes in a game.

How does that translate to anything or relevant to anything.

Any player on any team on any level WILL MAKE ONE OR TWO GOOD PASSES OR TOUCHES IN A 90 MIn GaME.
What in the world are you talking about? We are talking defense splitting passes that destabilize the opposing defense and put your teammate(s) in a dangerous position to score or provide a scoring opportunity. This is not done by any old player so stop talking bullocks. Players like Zidane, JJ, Figo, Riquelme, Rui Costa are in there to provide one or two of these kind of passes/opportunities for the team and with good forwards ahead of them they'll score one or two goals. As we know soccer is a low scoring game, so these defense splitting opportunities are few and far between, but a player who has an eye for these types of passes is definitely special. And Mikel has a knack for these kinds of balls. Even in the 4-1 massacre Obi set up at least 2 one on one situations which were not converted with a slick pass or a flick of the ball over the defenders head into an attackers path. You guys just expect him to dribble everybody like Messi does, first of all thats not his game, second of all in Chelsea's setup ONLY the wingers do that.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

blueangel wrote:
Baggy wrote:
marko wrote:one or 2 nice touches, the boy is no doubt a very good player, people should give him a break

I think it is high time we wake up and smell the coffee about this youngster.

As far as i am concerned he is no player that can and turn a game around.
To me he looks like an ordinary English player who just passes the ball around as soon as he gets it.

I have not seen what i saw during the YWC since he arrived in England or in Naija jersey.

Too much noise as been made about him.

SE will not miss him even if he is not called back into the team.

The bobo should go and take a look at the player he was a runners up to in the YWC (Messi).
The bobo is improving everyday plus you look forward to see him play. He is a player you look for his name on a team list but not Obi.

Until he grows or shows me that he can be a world class player, I am not going to be paying much attention to him.

He is nothing like nice looking woman or sisi (young lady) that will make you turn your head around to shadow her again on the street.

Best Assessment on John Mikel Obi.

I am shocked some fellow members talk of One or Two Touches or Passes in a game.

How does that translate to anything or relevant to anything.

Any player on any team on any level WILL MAKE ONE OR TWO GOOD PASSES OR TOUCHES IN A 90 MIn GaME.
What in the world are you talking about? We are talking defense splitting passes that destabilize the opposing defense and put your teammate(s) in a dangerous position to score or provide a scoring opportunity. This is not done by any old player so stop talking bullocks. Players like Zidane, JJ, Figo, Riquelme, Rui Costa are in there to provide one or two of these kind of passes/opportunities for the team and with good forwards ahead of them they'll score one or two goals. As we know soccer is a low scoring game, so these defense splitting opportunities are few and far between, but a player who has an eye for these types of passes is definitely special. And Mikel has a knack for these kinds of balls. Even in the 4-1 massacre Obi set up at least 2 one on one situations which were not converted with a slick pass or a flick of the ball over the defenders head into an attackers path. You guys just expect him to dribble everybody like Messi does, first of all thats not his game, second of all in Chelsea's setup ONLY the wingers do that.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Community Plate - How Mikel Obi play?

Post by General Trousers »

Another year, another Chelsea - Manchester Community Plate ... I think Obi had a good game this year. A very good game at that - good positioning, good passing ... not doing too much, but doing the simple things well. My only concern (and we do over-analyze all things Mikel Obi related) is that the boy don gain small wait ... he should be careful with that weight.

If this game is a sign of things to come, I want this guy to definitely play as he did today - forceful and hard.

On a side note, I noticed that Patrice Evra was doing abgaro on the field, and I remembered that Osaze showed him that khaki is not leather during the France game ... it is games like this that show me that Odemwingie is and EPL caliber type of player.

@
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So Maceo was once a staunch Mikel advocate. Or was he being sarcastic?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

omoelenia wrote:Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So Maceo was once a staunch Mikel advocate. Or was he being sarcastic?
Nah man no sarcasm, I used to defend Mikel to high heavens seeing him as "talent" I expected him to fulfill that talent and expectation and show at the last ANC that he's come far, and the disappointment that I came to realize in that tournament was just too much. I couldn't allow people to keep on overhyping someone who was not ready to up his game to the level that is needed or take responsibility. Obi is comfortable being a sideways players and I just can't support his overhyping anymore. He can have all the talent in the world but as long as he doesn't express it on the field it means absolutely nothing.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

2 years has passed
JMO still has not changed or improved his shooting

it time for Amodu to play him like how he plays for his club

in front of the back 4

and find other options to supply our strikers

it clear SE mid-field needs a hanger and constant pass master /
ball sprayer
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

2 years on no real improvement, its the same ol....the truth is that we are still searching for a World class midfield player...
To God be the glory
basketmouth
YELLOW CARDED

Post by basketmouth »

In my opinion, Obi was rather average.He struggled to keep up with the pace of the game. I don't think he's fully fit at the moment.
If you attend a tithe collecting Church, get out fast because God is not there!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

basketmouth wrote:In my opinion, Obi was rather average.He struggled to keep up with the pace of the game. I don't think he's fully fit at the moment.
I don't think its fitness, he just had a poor game and needs to work hard to get better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

General Trousers wrote:Yesterday Manchester and Chelsea played for the Community Plate ... I look game small. Obi missed one glancing header and strung some nice passes. I have to ask one question ~ Is Mikel Obi a scoring threat against really good competition? He can pass, but to score goal I no dey see am.
Ironically, Mikel has always played very well against ManU, but yesterday he was off the pace and overall did not play well. No big deal. Lamps was subbed out at the Camp Nou. Essien barely lasted 60mins during FA Cup finals and Ballack has been yanked a few times as well. If you are off your game, the coach should yank you from the game. He should shake it off, get back to training and get ready for the next game. There will be 60 games to play. As long as he starts over half (assuming he's injury free) and gets picked in most of the big games, he's good to go. Such is the life in a big club.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i think Mikel looked very tired yesterday .. there was even a time Essien kind of demanded more from him..Maybe Mikel don dey kain him shewen too much.. he played like a player who don gbesh tire the night before
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

2drama wrote:2 years has passed
JMO still has not changed or improved his shooting

it time for Amodu to play him like how he plays for his club

in front of the back 4

and find other options to supply our strikers

it clear SE mid-field needs a hanger and constant pass master /
ball sprayer
it seems so logical doesnt it

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
stargazer
Egg
Egg

Post by stargazer »

This Obi / Essien Comparison is beginning to get to me and have refuse to partake in any discussion as to which of them played better at the end of every game. I will only partake in such a discussion if we are assessing the whole team and the opposition. That is it the time such an analysis will make sense. There are a lot of people in both teams yesterday who played worse than obi and essien.

I wish all west Africans plying their trade in the EPL all the best. A good footballer can come from any country. Pele is Brazilian, Carlos Valderama is Colombian, George Best in northern Irish, Titi Camara is Guinean, Georgre Weah is Liberian, Roger Milla is Cameroonian a good footballer can come from any country.
Obi is what he is ...Essien is Essien!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

stargazer wrote:This Obi / Essien Comparison is beginning to get to me and have refuse to partake in any discussion as to which of them played better at the end of every game. I will only partake in such a discussion if we are assessing the whole team and the opposition. That is it the time such an analysis will make sense. There are a lot of people in both teams yesterday who played worse than obi and essien.

I wish all west Africans plying their trade in the EPL all the best. A good footballer can come from any country. Pele is Brazilian, Carlos Valderama is Colombian, George Best in northern Irish, Titi Camara is Guinean, Georgre Weah is Liberian, Roger Milla is Cameroonian a good footballer can come from any country.
I agree with you, Essien is much much much better! In fact he had to be sent in to clean up Obi's mess yesterday!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

maceo4 wrote:
stargazer wrote:This Obi / Essien Comparison is beginning to get to me and have refuse to partake in any discussion as to which of them played better at the end of every game. I will only partake in such a discussion if we are assessing the whole team and the opposition. That is it the time such an analysis will make sense. There are a lot of people in both teams yesterday who played worse than obi and essien.

I agree with you, Essien is much much much better! In fact he had to be sent in to clean up Obi's mess yesterday!
I have not seen Essien between the sticks but I know he can play every single outfied position better than Mikel.... :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

Skylolo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I have not seen Essien between the sticks but I know he can play every single outfied position better than Mikel.... :lol: :lol:
the sad thing is that its so true .. :boo:

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

maceo4 wrote:

Bobo tok say him no want comparison! You come agree wif am by comparing. Naija :lol:
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

spastic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Bobo tok say him no want comparison! You come agree wif am by comparing. Naija :lol:
HEHEHEE :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

spastic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Na Ghana man so I know what he actually meant to say so I agree with am :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
SPARROW JAY
Egg
Egg
Re:

Post by SPARROW JAY »

G wrote:He lost the ball in dangerous areas far too many times. On the upside he is finally becoming a man and standing up for himself (unlike Joseph " im sorry Thierry" Yobo :roll: ). football is a mans game and should not be played by scared litlle kids. Obi has finally learnt that he is a man.
GO GET A LIFE ***
THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS....
SPARROW JAY
Egg
Egg
Re:

Post by SPARROW JAY »

Prince wrote:
Ganja wrote:With all the side passes and back passes...People better start waking up...there's hardly anything creative about the boys play.
Atleast he is winning medals and he integral part of a great team. I love JJ but he was not a great Midfielder he wasn't even in premiership top ten foriegn players while the likes of Viera and Keane are comfortable entry.

Let the guy develop his defensive ability but when he plays for Nigeria we make him more offensive
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS....
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Sia one - Please whisper to Amoudu how best to use Obi if he 'll listen. I don't care how Chelsea uses him. That's his bread and butter job. SE sure needs the Obi we saw at the U-20 tournament play the same role.

Don't let's fool ourselves, Obi can't play in front of the back 4 for the SE. There are better and stronger enforcers - Ayila, Olofin. Etuhu, Kaita.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

HAWKEYE wrote:Sia one - Please whisper to Amoudu how best to use Obi if he 'll listen. I don't care how Chelsea uses him. That's his bread and butter job. SE sure needs the Obi we saw at the U-20 tournament play the same role.

Don't let's fool ourselves, Obi can't play in front of the back 4 for the SE. There are better and stronger enforcers - Ayila, Olofin. Etuhu, Kaita.

:scared: blasphemous!!!