BALOGUN THREATENED ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
BALOGUN THREATENED ?

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: BALOGUN THREATENED ?

Post by gochino »

I doubt NFA will be stupid enough to do that now, they are under the Spotlight but if they do, the players should just boycott. What rubbish!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:29 am I doubt NFA will be stupid enough to do that now, they are under the Spotlight but if they do, the players should just boycott. What rubbish!
Gochino,

Do not be surprised. This is not the first time that this happened with the national team (Men) and more recently with the national team (Women). These names should ring a bell and there were no boycotts, sadly -- Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George, Victor Agali, Nkiru Okosieme, Desire Oparanozie, etc.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Baseless.
Unless and until the person who supposedly made those threats is actually named, these are spurious claims.
Like was stated, these are not the days of circa 2005, when such threats can be made without pushback and repercussions.
Balogun did not say anything untrue and besides, the vast majority of Nigerians already are aware of these issues, anyway.
Enugu II wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:43 pm
gochino wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:29 am I doubt NFA will be stupid enough to do that now, they are under the Spotlight but if they do, the players should just boycott. What rubbish!
Gochino,

Do not be surprised. This is not the first time that this happened with the national team (Men) and more recently with the national team (Women). These names should ring a bell and there were no boycotts, sadly -- Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George, Victor Agali, Nkiru Okosieme, Desire Oparanozie, etc.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i saw this all over IG and i call it fake news, or someone trying to create wahala first
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:54 pm i saw this all over IG and i call it fake news, or someone trying to create wahala first
In light of all the previous backlashes when players speak out then the discussions and expressions you see all over IG emerge in the shared knowledge we already have regarding their motivations, intentions and perceptions hence rather than think of it as someone trying to create wahala, the wahala was already there, significance is granted to the discussions and such timely discussion might in fact help pre-empt any blackmail of BALOGUN by these vagarbons in power.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro

Why do you expect them to be named? Seriously?

If you note, when the 5 players were banned, no one announced a ban. When I insinuated a ban was taking place, numerous CE people said it was not true until it began to appear in the media on how Taribo West eventually came into the squad after he was initially banned. Later Agali, and much later, others began to confirm it. More recently, I mentioned that the decision on Oparanozie was a disciplinary one but I remember you thought it was based on "poor play." Yet, it has become clear now that it was a plan to discipline her.

Bros, these things do not have to be S-P-E-L-L-E-D O-U-T. Even in that interview, Balogun made a statement that indicated that he will not be surprised if they (names????? :rotf: )come after him. What does that mean? It means that it is the routine. You may wait for ever. No one will send you a letter to tell you want happened. You will need to put things together to arrive at a reasonable conclusion.

I guarantee you that when next Balogun is left out (If they are able to force Rohr to do it), they will cite Balogun's age and the need to try new faces. Take that to the bank. Some may swallow that excuse but I will not be one of those biting on such an excuse.
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:14 pm Baseless.
Unless and until the person who supposedly made those threats is actually named, these are spurious claims.
Like was stated, these are not the days of circa 2005, when such threats can be made without pushback and repercussions.
Balogun did not say anything untrue and besides, the vast majority of Nigerians already are aware of these issues, anyway.
Enugu II wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:43 pm
Gochino,

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I want to see how FIFA reacts to this, as they are quick to inform that governments
should not interfere with football association issues.
I hope this is fake news but if true, how can the public get to know who are behind
such decisions and the reasons behind such. This is quite an opportunity to let our tyrants
be told that they don't own the country or the team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Pinnick is just talk. Just as corrupt and craven as the rest
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:53 pm I want to see how FIFA reacts to this, as they are quick to inform that governments
should not interfere with football association issues.
I hope this is fake news but if true, how can the public get to know who are behind
such decisions and the reasons behind such. This is quite an opportunity to let our tyrants
be told that they don't own the country or the team.
Joao,

While we may detest this type of interference, it is nothing that FIFA should get involved with. That level of FIFA action will be managing at a very microscopic level and completely unnecessary.