Why Nigeria will win the ANC!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ohaneze
Egg
Egg
Why Nigeria will win the ANC!!

Post by Ohaneze »

If Cameroun and Senegal look past us at the ANC, not only will we beat them, we will totally whack the heck out of them to the point that they will want to disband their team. We can carry the cup. Let me tell you why:

The last time we lost to these teams, we had better players than they did. We still have better players than they do even with Martins at home and JAG threatening to boycott the event. Our problem has never been the quality of our players. Our problem has always been overconfidence/arrogance, indiscipline, bad management and mafia in the team.

The overconfidence/arrogance is gone from the team because we are not on top. There is even an element of anxiety and underdog factor that is certain to bring out our fighting spirit.

While not perfect or to the level we want, discipline has improved. The acts of indiscipline you hear about are from players who have not yet reported to camp. Inside the camp itself, there is total discipline and quiet. In the past, the camp would already be in chaos. The players are realizing as they get to camp that there is a new world order and they are thriving in it.

Management is still shaky but better than at the WC or the last ANC.

The mafia in the team is no longer. Every player with the exception of Okocha is fighting for a place in the team. This competition for jersey will make them sharper and bring out the best.

Our preparations are not ideal, but which African team has all their stars in camp? The answer is none.

And finally, with CCC at the helm, one can even sense the makings of a new team 1st attitude among the players.

This SE team is better than the one we took to the WC or that played at the last ANC. Anyone who underestimates us, does so at their own peril.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Nigeria will win If and only if the players are thirsty to win. AND a lil bit of good luck. I look at senegal's line up and i see ALOT of heavy weights. Good players that can hold their own against ANY team. Cameroon is ok.

I look at our team and i see young guys struggling to make a name for themselves. What remains is for them to transfer than struggle to Thirst and a don't give a Sh*t attitude until the job is done.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Detcord
Egg
Egg

Post by Detcord »

Which Team are you speaking of :?:
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Detcord wrote:Which Team are you speaking of :?:
Just what i was thinking.
We have no team.
Ohaneze
Egg
Egg

Post by Ohaneze »

Detcord wrote:Which Team are you speaking of :?:
Which team do you think I'm talking of? Is this Mali's forum?

Cameroun was a young inexperienced team the last time the beat us and so was Senegal at the last ANC and the last WC. We have a core (Okocha, JAG, Kanu, Yobo, Okoronkwo, West, Udeze) to build around. All we need is a few players to compliment them and we have plenty to choose from.
Last edited by Ohaneze on Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Ohaneze, name Chukwu's 22. Then name his first 11 and 7 substitutes. Then, once you have; please tell me when they've ever played together before.
Then you'll understand Detcord's point.
OmoWaffi
Egg
Egg

Post by OmoWaffi »

Which team do you think I'm talking of? Is this Mali's forum?
LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Ohaneze:

Only in your dream, it is very clear to you that all your permutations are true; in the real world however if u fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Can we win the ANC? Yes! with lotta luck however that may come but we're donkey years away from that goal IMHO.

Having said that, in football anything is possible!
...but with God all things are possible...
Ohaneze
Egg
Egg

Post by Ohaneze »

Eagle Winged wrote:Ohaneze, name Chukwu's 22. Then name his first 11 and 7 substitutes. Then, once you have; please tell me when they've ever played together before.
Then you'll understand Detcord's point.
The last time they beat us in 2002, Cameroun was a young inexperienced team that hadn't played much together and so was Senegal at the last ANC and the last WC. That didn't stop them.

We have a core (Okocha, JAG, Kanu, Yobo, Okoronkwo, West, Udeze) to build around. All we need is a few players to compliment them and we have plenty to choose from.

Can anyone name Cameroun's 1st 11 or Senegal's. Go to their forum and you'll see them debating who should be on the team just like we are here. What they have is a core group of 6 or 7 players and they are searching for the remaining role players to complete the puzzle just like we are.