Is The Premiership Really That Good?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

airwolex wrote:
I don't understand your thought process....
We've had this arguement many times in the past.

When I point tothe succes of British teams in the Champiosn League and UEFA cups you say one thing.

When I point to the fact that England isn't really a bad international team and is more succesful than Spain you say you don't understand.

It is better you then keep quiet then as this is nothing but bad belle. No matter how you dice it, all pointers are that the Prem is one of the top three teams in the World on any level.

Yujam,

Fact is that England has a 100% record against African teams. I dont like them myself but the truth is the truth. If tehy are so bad and their league lacks technique how come they are heads and shoulders better than 99% of African teams which I know you rate?
Dude did you even bother to read the article, the guy summed up all this Champions League and UEFA Cup success for you, it is false....In the Champions league only 2 teams have won a total of 2 champs league for 17 years and 1 UEFA Cup in that same period (Liverpool and Man U), go and compare this to La Liga and Serie A in that period...Also go and check the UEFA rankings for the leagues...

How is England a better side than Spain because they won one world cup...What was the score the last time they met at Old Trafford...

Recent EPL teams in Europe Cup finals....

AC Milan 2 Liverpool 1
Barcelona 2 Arsenal 1
Sevilla 4 Middlesboro 0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

BTW, League quality has a huge effect on the standard of International play and that goes without saying!

Brazil and Argentina have the majority of their players in the Prem, La liga and Serie A so ironically you are just proving my point!

the Brazil team that won the Copa America had all its starters come from European League...the captain Gilberto and the goal scorer play in Arsenal!

If the Spanish League is that great how come Spain - drawing its full compliment of players from the likes of Real, Barca, Valencia and Derpo - consistently have their yanshes handed to them by other Nations including Naija in 1998?

Truth is La Liga is good but yall grossly overstate their superiority over the Premiership. All quantitative statistics have shown over and over again that there is very little between the two Leagues and all we are left with is lay men analysis of intangibles like flair and skill!
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

airwolex wrote:BTW, League quality has a huge effect on the standard of International play and that goes without saying!

Brazil and Argentina have the majority of their players in the Prem, La liga and Serie A so ironically you are just proving my point!

the Brazil team that won the Copa America had all its starters come from European League...the captain Gilberto and the goal scorer play in Arsenal!

If the Spanish League is that great how come Spain - drawing its full compliment of players from the likes of Real, Barca, Valencia and Derpo - consistently have their yanshes handed to them by other Nations including Naija in 1998?

Truth is La Liga is good but yall grossly overstate their superiority over the Premiership. All quantitative statistics have shown over and over again that there is very little between the two Leagues and all we are left with is lay men analysis of intangibles like flair and skill!
What the heck are you talking about....What has England done with all their players in the EPL, they haven't done jack like Spain so your comparison is laughable, you're trying to make it seem they have been dominating world football which is just laughable, that is why I said you can't use a league to judge how a national team performs...

When did I even say the EPL is not good, just said they aren't the best league, if you don't like that, fine by me.... :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Killa Adjei wrote:
airwolex wrote:BTW, League quality has a huge effect on the standard of International play and that goes without saying!

What the heck are you talking about....What has England done with all their players in the EPL, they haven't done jack like Spain so your comparison is laughable, you're trying to make it seem they have been dominating world football which is just laughable, that is why I said you can't use a league to judge how a national team performs...

When did I even say the EPL is not good, just said they aren't the best league, if you don't like that, fine by me.... :lol:
Please if you have nothing to say go and sit down. You are the one that said International success has nothing to do with quality of the Leagus and I am just telling you that all the Nations that have won the WC's recently draw a majority of their players from the best Leagues in the World including the Prem!

The last World Cup finals had 70% of the players come from the Serie A and the Premiership. You are just a hater!
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

airwolex wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:

Please if you have nothing to say go and sit down. You are the one that said International success has nothing to do with quality of the Leagus and I am just telling you that all the Nations that have won the WC's recently draw a majority of their players from the best Leagues in the World including the Prem!

The last World Cup finals had 70% of the players come from the Serie A and the Premiership. You are just a hater!
So I could say Serie is the best league because they had more players in the world cup final....What could all those EPL players on France do in 2002 when Zidane wasn't there, they couldn't even get out of the damn group stages but we all saw what happened in 2006 when he was around and guess where he was playing...

Your point is correct but you use it to ridicule the league in Spain by saying that Spain has underachived because their league is weak which is laughable when England is also underachieving, do they also have a week league....

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is The Premiership Really That Good?

Post by benteke »

As we approach the CL last 16 draw, 5 EPL teams , maybe this and the the coming seasons is when EPL reclaims it's rightfull glory as the best League on earth :thumbs:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Football dominance is cyclical; how many times are we gonna say this.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anointed wrote:Football dominance is cyclical; how many times are we gonna say this.
Say it again so that Yujam, Kabalega and CiC can understand that La Liga dominance of Europe is coming to an end.

I dare say that an EPL team is lifting Champions League this season.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Whatever.. 8-)
benteke wrote:
anointed wrote:Football dominance is cyclical; how many times are we gonna say this.
Say it again so that Yujam, Kabalega and CiC can understand that La Liga dominance of Europe is coming to an end.

I dare say that an EPL team is lifting Champions League this season.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damn! where is killa adjei?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Wow. This is 10 years old.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.